Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Huh.

quote:

Randy is an awkward groundskeeper who is obsessed with professional wrestling. Longing for a sense of belonging with grandiose dreams of becoming a wrestling superstar, he is only met with abject humiliation. A brutal shaming at a local wrestling school pushes Randy over the edge and sets out on a blood soaked rampage to punish those who wronged him.

Starring Richie Acevedo aka The Cuban Assassin, The WWE’s Tony Atlas, Julio Bana Fernandez (House of Cards), Jason John Beebe (Crossbreed) and Canadian pro wrestler Rene Dupree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7wxEgtLHYM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The only movie I have watched start to finish in the last year is Detective Pikachu. This tells you everything you need to know about my relationship with cinema.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

yea ok posted:

everybody rank your coens

My personal top 5:

The Big Lebowski
Blood Simple
Fargo
Barton Fink
Miller's Crossing

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Fargo
Millers
Lebow
Blood Simp
Burn After Reading

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I can’t believe I forgot fargo :doh: maybe i like it better than A Serious Man, idk

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/BeyonceHiveNews/status/1233252203374239744

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Update - Bioshock is still amazing.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
1. Miller’s Crossing
2. that’s it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

1. Inside Llewyn Davis
2. Raising Arizona
3. Barton Fink
4. No Country For Old Men
5. A Serious Man

I throw Buster Scruggs on in the background like once every other week, it's my comfort movie.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I think Fargo is probably the pinnacle of their initial films.

Yeah.

1.) Fargo
2.) No Country For Old Men
3.) True Grit
Everything else is fairly comparable off the top of my head except Hudsucker Proxy and Intolerable Cruelty. As good as they are at humor (and I would say they’re masters of it), they are not that good at straight comedies.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

i thought this was a movie about the famous delusional "wrestler" Brimstone

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I fuckin love any Coen western with the passion of 1000 suns, True Grit was so much better than the original that all copies of that old John Wayne shitfest should be buried at the bottom of a landfill.

Also in moviechat if anyone here hadn't seen 1960's Eyes Without A Face then watch it asap cause it is such an incredibly creepy slow-burning horror film, just an excellent piece of French cinema

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEjrg-L8lvs

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I fuckin love any Coen western with the passion of 1000 suns, True Grit was so much better than the original that all copies of that old John Wayne shitfest should be buried at the bottom of a landfill.

Also in moviechat if anyone here hadn't seen 1960's Eyes Without A Face then watch it asap cause it is such an incredibly creepy slow-burning horror film, just an excellent piece of French cinema

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEjrg-L8lvs

my brother is a huge dipshit who lives an artless life and he still loves eyes without a face after I made him watch it

edit: he liked it for the cars but still

WatermelonGun fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 28, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

never watched blood simp. guess i will. never saw hail, caesar! not sure if i ever will

raising az
fargo
trugrit
miller
oh bubby
llewyn davis
serious guy
no country
scrubber dubbs
barton
lebowski
sucker
burn after reading
man who wasn't there
lady killers
intolerable film

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WatermelonGun posted:

1. Miller’s Crossing
2. that’s it

Come on you can find more.... LOOK INTO YOUR HEART! :gonk:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I bought a UFC pizza

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Oh Brother Where art Thou
Lebowski
Raising Arizona
True Grit
No Country for Old Men
Intolerable Cruelty
A Serious Man

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Burn After Reading is Brad Pitt at his hottest.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Guys.

It finally got through to my dad that Centrist Democrats might not be a good idea.

He's already voted in the primary but holy poo poo.

Things may be happening and he apologized to me for not realizing what I was trying to say about America needing real change. My dad NEVER apologizes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That's fantastic :hellyeah:

This was my second favorite scene behind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUm2Im3SvtU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

all right. move it up above sucker.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Haven't seen that one, been meaning to catch up with Train to Busan since it's the same guy from The Gangster, The Cop and the Devil and he was loving incredible.

Fucccccck me Train to Busan is awesome. I need to watch more Korean films.

Spiderdrake posted:

The Man From Nowhere

CobiWann posted:

I Saw the Devil

:patriot:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i haven't seen gangcopdevil so i'm not sure what is being talked about there but if you like Gong Yoo then watch The Age of Shadows

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cavauro posted:

i haven't seen gangcopdevil so i'm not sure what is being talked about there but if you like Gong Yoo then watch The Age of Shadows

Will add it to the list.

The Gangster, The Cop and the Devil rules. The Gangster character is played by the swole dude with the pregnant wife in Train to Busan and he's absolutely loving incredible in it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

almost anything about or set during the Japanese occupation of korea is supercharged as hell regardless of accuracy or inaccuracies so i would recommend a lot of that type of stuff. granted it can be the most patriotic and annoying stuff too as a double edged sword but idk. it's just interesting to me, for some reason

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Park Chan-Wook's Vengeance Trilogy (Sympathy For Mr Vengeance, Lady Vengeance, and Oldboy) are all must see Korean cinema

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

man i must have put it in the wrong thread somewhere but i recommended some korean moveys a couple weeks ago and they're all worth it! except one of them was just a fairly standard romcom that charmed me. but go check them out. Just guess what they were. Films. oh here

sunny
hwayi: a monster boy
burning
the handmaiden
the man from nowhere
bedevilled
castaway on the moon
masquerade
little forest (possibly too boring/chill)
maundy thursday
breathless
my p.s. partner (the romcom, watch out)
the chaser

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
LMFAO so remember how I said my dad gets it now

It lasted all of about two hours. It's like they get SO CLOSE to understanding and then reboot

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

oh, like one of these

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

oh, like one of these

Pretty much exactly yes.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It lasted all of about two hours. It's like they get SO CLOSE to understanding and then reboot

Actually admitting that what you believed is wrong is absolutely terrifying to people. It starts the whole cascade of "what else am I wrong about????" I'd put in the meme of Skinner going like "Am I really wrong? No, no it's the children who are out of touch."

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I was campaign manager for a local candidate who was a staunch Republican for most of his life. Then when he retired he had an epiphany while talking to his daughter and turned a total 180. I don't really remember the conversation but it basically boiled down to him asking himself if he had been seeing the world and those in power within it as they really were, or was he only seeing things as he wished them to be because it was simpler and easier that way. It was an enormous sea change and required a lot of introspection and apologizing to people he had clashed with in his life, a difficult process for the best of us. I've basically always boiled it down to the idea that change is possible, but requires the individual to admit to themselves that they've spent decades as a dumb idiot who was wrong and actively hurtful.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I figure it's a defense mechanism to avoid collapsing into a pit of sheer existential terror, which honestly I don't blame them for avoiding cause it's not a fun experience

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

collateral (2004) submit reply

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Ugh we have a trip to Europe planned next week and everything is still up in the air with coronavirus. It doesn't seem bad enough to cancel but the situation seems to be changing rapidly and I don't want to get stuck in a quarantine somewhere.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Laying in bed playing Rune Factory! Depression rules!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

collateral (2004) submit reply

Perfect movie

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Heat
Collateral
Manhunter
Thief
Miami Vice