Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Angry Lobster posted:

Denji and Power are still the best buddies wver.

I love their combined outrage and not being dolls. Brother and sister :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

i'm liking how the latest soon-to-be-dead flunky with the... bear devil powers? didn't even get to introduce themselves. good escalation of the joke

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Assessor of Maat posted:

i'm liking how the latest soon-to-be-dead flunky with the... bear devil powers? didn't even get to introduce themselves. good escalation of the joke

That's the Fox devil that's really popular for devil hunters to use.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Assessor of Maat posted:

He's another fox devil contractee, he just summoned the paw instead of the head.

Kon kon

Now replace kon mentally with yiff.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
no wonder kon's such a prima donna, he's got a drat queue for people who want to form contracts with him

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

no wonder kon's such a prima donna, he's got a drat queue for people who want to form contracts with him

Only if they are handsome.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Lurking Haro posted:

Only if they are handsome.

That's part of the prima donna. Fox devil's got a line around the block, and can thus afford to be choosy.

Meanwhile, Denji and Power continue to be both the horny idiots who'd die first in any regular horror movie, and ridiculously hard to really kill.

Oh, and some Makima conspiracy theories gained more evidence. At least she's keeping the whole potential epidemic thing under control.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that was the horniest cover page I've ever seen from a shonen jump title

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
The app says the chapter is only viewable on the web and is 18+, lol.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hamelekim posted:

The app says the chapter is only viewable on the web and is 18+, lol.

Oddly, Shonen Jump has that restriction. Meanwhile, Mangaplus leaves it out in the open for all and sundry.

Fujimoto's editor having both this AND Spy X Family really seems to give him a lot of leeway when telling his authors to just do whatever they want.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Crossposting from the Chat thread:

Wark Say posted:

New wrestling diehard video about Weekly Shonen Jump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4arTCRhueAY
In which Super Eyepatch Wolf asks people to read the adventures of these fuckups.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Man, big anituber relying on scanlations for his images? That's pretty bad honestly.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, especially nowadays that most (if not all of them?) Weekly Shonen Jump titles actively have official translations through the Manga Plus website that Shueisha themselves do.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
his voice is annoying and he doesn't actually make a strong case for the comic itself beyond vague mutterings about "emotion"

i don't like this guy, eff this guy

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 22, 2020

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
The only videos I like with Super Eyepatch Wolf are the one's he has done with Woolie (formerly of Super Best Friends). Those videos consist of them learning to hate one another as they playthrough Legend of the Mystical Ninja and another where everyone learns to hate him as he aggressively pushes Hunter x Hunter.

I feel like there is a common thread.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Can't believe Quanxi was the scissor devil all along

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Quanxi is the most interesting of the assassins and I'm gonna feel bad when she dies violently with her harem

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

Wark Say posted:

Crossposting from the Chat thread:

In which Super Eyepatch Wolf asks people to read the adventures of these fuckups.

I agree Chainsawman is awesome but emotional depth seems like an odd way to sell it.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Prediction: Quanxi will spend the whole time with her harem, turn up and see the bloodbath after Santa is done and the dead other guys and just nope on back to her girlfriends.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
At this point the most surprising thing would be Quanxi actually getting to use her godly kung fu before dying or leaving.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Denji and Reze had more emotional depth in their relationship to this point than Bleach or Naruto had in their entire run between anyone.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

RatHat posted:

Wow that cover page is quite something. Chainsawman continues to push the boundaries of what Shonen Jump will allow in their magazine.

Not really. I mean Bastard!!! ran in shonen jump and that blows that cover out of the water.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Bastard for the win.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
This is the Chinese from this chapter (from reddit):

quote:

小姐们!一如往常,请妳们处理剩菜剩饭了。
Ladies! As usual, please dispose of leftovers.

Note: 小姐 means Miss in Chinese but can also mean prostitute (slang)

尸体在说话
The Corpses are talking

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

:piss: that sequence

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Quanxi now officially the second most broken character, below only Nakima.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Psh. If you haven't cut Denji in half at least once you're still a jobber.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
creepy pedo santa is really gonna have to step it up to live up to his hype now.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Quangxi and the fiends it was all quangxi but she likes to give them credit.

Its gonna turn out she keeps them along not for their fighting ability but just because theyre girlfriends.
Because Quangxi looks to be more than enough.

Your upper body must go, its planet needs it.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Ok, that's some matrix level poo poo.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So with Chainsaw it has been hinted he is using a small portion of his potential.

This, to me, looks like seeing what a lot of potential for the katana devil looks like.

And Denji's face is "ugh not THAT MOVE again"

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Apparently, the chapter title this week was a tribute to a one-shot manga from 2010 that Fujimoto liked, Kirisuke and Johnny, The Slaying of 499. It's basically a hundred pages of people being sliced up in ridiculously over-the-top ways, with a punchline that seems very in keeping with Chainsaw Man's sense of humor.

So, that explains the title, basically.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
okay, this oneshot fuckin' owns.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Looks like Quanxi made a contract with the...

speed demon

GrudgeOnion
Oct 25, 2010
This manga is good as a binge read. I spent the whole weekend sick and passed some time by reading through it in one go -- I think some of the complaints both other people and myself have had, like forgetting who the side cast characters are and then oops they're dead, or the main plot getting lost and murky, it instead reads like a much tighter story in one go. Also, the presentation of Makima is especially ominous when you're given clues about her at a good rate. Also also, this smart dumb comic is funny.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

GrudgeOnion posted:

This manga is good as a binge read. I spent the whole weekend sick and passed some time by reading through it in one go -- I think some of the complaints both other people and myself have had, like forgetting who the side cast characters are and then oops they're dead, or the main plot getting lost and murky, it instead reads like a much tighter story in one go. Also, the presentation of Makima is especially ominous when you're given clues about her at a good rate. Also also, this smart dumb comic is funny.

Thank you for these 2 pages. I love power here so much. :allears:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
With all the hype Reze has gotten recently. I kinda feel like Himeno's part is kinda overlooked.
Like goddamn that was a serious gut punch of Fujimoto's end.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Himeno was an absolute gutpunch, but it also was like half a year ago. Crazy how relatively short this manga's run has been but the punches never get pulled. Dadgum.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
The guy that killed the brother was in the group too but where did he go as they were running up the department store? Do you think the angel fiend is saying sorry to those who’s lifespan he previously stole, or to those he’s killing in that panel?

I’m psyched to see prinz do something, what the present is, to see the nail guy sputter out, and drunk master get in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006423

New chapter.