Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Android Apocalypse posted:

:lol: if nobody signs up to play Wierzbowski.

Lol.
For the longest time I thought the line was "Where's Basky?"
Like Basky was the guys name.

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Mar 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jay_Zombie posted:

Lol.

I'm embarrassed to admit I had this same problem for a very long time

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Why the hell are people putting an E in horny?

Is it a "hooman"-level joke or are you just kinda dumb?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

It looks like some sort of secreted hamfisted social commentary.

Yeah but secreted from what?

Where's Banksy

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Why the hell are people putting an E in horny?

Is it a "hooman"-level joke or are you just kinda dumb?

'Cause that's how it's spelled smdh

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Jay_Zombie posted:

Lol.

I used to think the same. But I think I saw his name on on the cameras in the APC and decided that it was a normal name.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jay_Zombie posted:

Lol.

I thought it was "Bowski" like "Where's Bowski?" until I looked up the cast on imdb to prove Vasquez was John Connor's foster mum in T2.

Owlbear Camus posted:

'Cause that's how it's spelled smdh

Check the rap sheet, and that should tell you whether he's worth engaging with or not.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

Check the rap sheet, and that should tell you whether he's worth engaging with or not.

Lmao "worth engaging" goddamn you're a dork.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I’ve never seen aliens.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

drunkenmonkeystyle
Jan 16, 2020

Gonk!!

The best aliens product is Aliens Colonial Marines the original patch. Best game ever in the aliens line.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Burt Sexual posted:

I’ve never seen aliens.

Get the gently caress out of my thread.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Burt Sexual posted:

I’ve never seen aliens.

This is the SECOND time you've waltzed in here and flaunted this fact, it's time motherfucker.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Laterite fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Mar 4, 2020

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Burt Sexual posted:

I’ve never seen aliens.

You've got 6 hours free to watch it now

Should have been the probe title. Jesus Burt.

Toxoplasmid
May 18, 2004

My favourite movie. My old work colleagues and I knew basically the entire script and had a Hicks or Hudsonism for everything haha

Did any other uk'ers ever go to Alien War at the Trocadero? It ran in the early nineties and was a live action Aliens 'experience'.
I went at least a few times, if I remember correctly the story was your group of 6 or so civilians were being eeee-vacc'd from a WY facility after a outbreak of xenos.
The set design was awesome, they reused lots of bits from the actual film (Aliens was filmed in the uk I think).
You started in the ready room with a health and safety briefing and evac plan by a USMC marine in full character it was great. You then went in a large elevator that was attacked (unseen) from above, and you have to get out with the marine firing his pulse rifle at the ceiling (this I remember being a bit poo poo- it was just a strobe and and speakers playing the pulse rifle sound). Then I remember being hustled down a corridor (which had the requisite amount of industrial grating, cabling and dingy lights + sirens that it really sold the the whole thing) and down a side passage a dude in an alien suit (lit by a strobe lamp to make his movements seem strange and hide the suity-ness) waved his arms as you filed past with the Aliens movie soundtrack going, you know, those big orchestral hits when you see an Alien in the film...
Don't remember much else, other than they had a lot props form the movies at the entrance (a full size xeno, pulse rifles etc).
Sorry for foggy recollections and brackets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_War

E: Yess!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-aBs7TB000

E2: Bonus points for one of the guys running it being called Gorman.
38...simulated

Toxoplasmid fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 5, 2020

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Did you know that most attractive women are cops?

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

I thought it was "Bowski" like "Where's Bowski?" until I looked up the cast on imdb to prove Vasquez was John Connor's foster mum in T2.

Yeah, something like that. Basky, Bowski. It's funny how many lines from 80's movies are imprinted in my brain just slightly incorrectly, because I've either midheard them a thousand times, or I was too young to get the joke. Ghostbusters comes to mind. I feel like there were so many lines in that movie where I'd repeatedly mishear one word, and younger me couldn't understand why it was written that way. Like for years, when they're about to fight Gozer, and Venkman says "I love this plan, I'm exited to be a part of it. It's Miller Time!" 7 year old me heard ""I love this plan, I'm exited of every part of it. It's Millatine!" and I just didn't loving get it. Then the internet became a thing and cleared up most of that stuff.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I used to think the same. But I think I saw his name on on the cameras in the APC and decided that it was a normal name.

I wish I could make like, a parody movie, like that guy is just the most laid back Colonial Marine ever and kinda bumbles along on missions, and his squadmates really like him because he's fun, but he's also utterly unmotivated and useless.
I'd call it, "The Big Wierzbowski"

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

I’ve never seen aliens.

There's a joke about an Alien probe here... somewhere....

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

IffyNewtz posted:

My favourite movie. My old work colleagues and I knew basically the entire script and had a Hicks or Hudsonism for everything haha

Did any other uk'ers ever go to Alien War at the Trocadero? It ran in the early nineties and was a live action Aliens 'experience'.
I went at least a few times, if I remember correctly the story was your group of 6 or so civilians were being eeee-vacc'd from a WY facility after a outbreak of xenos.
The set design was awesome, they reused lots of bits from the actual film (Aliens was filmed in the uk I think).
You started in the ready room with a health and safety briefing and evac plan by a USMC marine in full character it was great. You then went in a large elevator that was attacked (unseen) from above, and you have to get out with the marine firing his pulse rifle at the ceiling (this I remember being a bit poo poo- it was just a strobe and and speakers playing the pulse rifle sound). Then I remember being hustled down a corridor (which had the requisite amount of industrial grating, cabling and dingy lights + sirens that it really sold the the whole thing) and down a side passage a dude in an alien suit (lit by a strobe lamp to make his movements seem strange and hide the suity-ness) waved his arms as you filed past with the Aliens movie soundtrack going, you know, those big orchestral hits when you see an Alien in the film...
Don't remember much else, other than they had a lot props form the movies at the entrance (a full size xeno, pulse rifles etc).
Sorry for foggy recollections and brackets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_War

E: Yess!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-aBs7TB000

E2: Bonus points for one guys running it being called Gorman.
48...simulated

No but I remember the trailer being on the Alien3 VHS tape I had, it came back a few years ago I think in Glasgow and in black pool under different names and without the movie license it was called Alien Wars/Alien Attack etc

Occasionally I remember to google it in the hope that it’s back on but it looks unlikely now.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Jay_Zombie posted:

I wish I could make like, a parody movie, like that guy is just the most laid back Colonial Marine ever and kinda bumbles along on missions, and his squadmates really like him because he's fun, but he's also utterly unmotivated and useless.
I'd call it, "The Big Wierzbowski"

This is what happens when you hug a stranger in the face, Larry!

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Wild T posted:

This is what happens when you hug a stranger in the face, Larry!

Burke: Okay, I know this is an emotional moment for all of us, okay? I know that. But let's not make snap judgments, please. This is clearly... clearly an important species we're dealing with and I don't think that you or I, or *anybody*, has the right to arbitrarily exterminate them.

Wierzbowski: That's just like, your opinion, man.

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

I think I only got that the character's name is Wierzbowski from seeing it written in this thread. It doesn't help that, if I remember right, the clearest time his name's said is Apone calling out for him so hearing the line as "Where's Bowski?" makes perfect sense in context.

Jay_Zombie posted:

Yeah, something like that. Basky, Bowski. It's funny how many lines from 80's movies are imprinted in my brain just slightly incorrectly, because I've either midheard them a thousand times, or I was too young to get the joke. Ghostbusters comes to mind. I feel like there were so many lines in that movie where I'd repeatedly mishear one word, and younger me couldn't understand why it was written that way. Like for years, when they're about to fight Gozer, and Venkman says "I love this plan, I'm exited to be a part of it. It's Miller Time!" 7 year old me heard ""I love this plan, I'm exited of every part of it. It's Millatine!" and I just didn't loving get it. Then the internet became a thing and cleared up most of that stuff.
Ghostbusters is great to rewatch as an adult, since I expect most people did the same as me and saw it really young despite it not actually being a kids film. There are so many adult-orientated jokes in it that go completely over your head as a kid. Venkman jokes about getting the marshmallow man laid, ffs!

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

I only figured it out pre-internet from the text-only cutscenes in the Aliens C64 game. And neat, it looks like Wierzbowski was the big palooka that Mickey one-punched in Brick Top's first fixed fight in Snatch. Huh.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I learned of Wierzbowski when I read the Aliens movie novelization as a kid. It also included the moment when Newt's family discovered the derelict ship, but didn't include mention of Ripley's daughter.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
You know there was a pretty drat good Aliens game on the DS called Aliens Infestation. You played as the marines, you had four or five, one die? He dead fool, then you use one of the others. There were others you could find and get to join you as well.

I made it to the final Alien Queen, never beat her, somehow I got knocked through the ship and into space and figured, well fine, let the Aliens win. About time they spaced someone, even if it was thanks to another kind of bug entirely.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Keltar posted:

You know there was a pretty drat good Aliens game on the DS called Aliens Infestation. You played as the marines, you had four or five, one die? He dead fool, then you use one of the others. There were others you could find and get to join you as well.

I made it to the final Alien Queen, never beat her, somehow I got knocked through the ship and into space and figured, well fine, let the Aliens win. About time they spaced someone, even if it was thanks to another kind of bug entirely.

Used to own it. Rad as hell. Had a Space Jockey hybrid boss in there with a big ol' doofy elephant schnozz. Flamethrower was OP though; it absolutely tears through everything.

drunkenmonkeystyle
Jan 16, 2020

Gonk!!

This is my favorite scene of the xenomorph

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

drunkenmonkeystyle posted:

This is my favorite scene of the xenomorph

Can we not post stuff from Prometheus?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The only good thing in Prometheus was Paul Rudd.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I just found out the GF has not seen Alien or Aliens, but she has seen Prometheus. We have a lot of work to do.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

evobatman posted:

I just found out the GF has not seen Alien or Aliens, but she has seen Prometheus. We have a lot of work to do.

All right. Now listen up.
I want this thing to go smooth and by the numbers.
I want D.C.S. and tactical database assimilation by 08:30.
Ordinance loading, weapons strip and drop-ship prep details will have seven hours.
Now, move it!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

evobatman posted:

For Aliens either go theatrical cut or do your homework so you can quickly skip the hadley's hope scene. That's what I did with Mrs Splicer, then we watched the intro at the end and she said I made the right call.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Splicer posted:

For Aliens either go theatrical cut or do your homework so you can quickly skip the hadley's hope scene. That's what I did with Mrs Splicer, then we watched the intro at the end and she said I made the right call.

Alright, Evobatman! You heard the man and you know the drill! Assholes and elbows!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

evobatman posted:

How about Robocop? Predator? You need to check on this, take nothing for granted.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Jay_Zombie posted:

Alright, Evobatman! You heard the man and you know the drill! Assholes and elbows!

Idgi how do the elbows and rear end holes go together?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Shaocaholica posted:

When it's Arcturian, it doesn't matter

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

How about Robocop? Predator? You need to check on this, take nothing for granted.

Terminator, Starship Troopers, The Thing, be thorough.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Shaocaholica posted:

purple death ray posted:

When it's Arcturian, it doesn't matter

LOL.

Let's pack 'em in!

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 5, 2020

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Jay_Zombie posted:

LOL.

Let's pack 'em in!

I try, but my girlfriend always tells me

quote:

looks like hits from small arms fire

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Wild T posted:

I try, but my girlfriend always tells me

You gotta nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

A Dirty Burke Haiku posted:

he is just a grunt

your sheets are soaking with sweat

get back on the horse