Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mindstorm
Jan 28, 2011

Smellrose
I am sorry you do not have a pump. If you get delirious, set those phone reminders so you keep testing and checking. I hope this pump i have becomes cheaper and standard treatment for all people. It is my new friend that keeps me alive when i am not paying attention. Godspeed britgoon. May our Brimley's disease not cut our experiences short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

I just got new 15 inch PA speakers so if, being a healthcare worker, I get quarantined in the next few weeks I'm gonna blast that poo poo as much as I like.

Can't evict me if I'm quarantined bitch!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

Wait, what?

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/03/07/passengers-medical-matter-causes-carnival-cruise-ship-to-suspend-disembarkation-in-long-beach/

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
poo poo’s getting real in Canada

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So I gather Im just never leaving my apartment again and Amazon will become my only contact with the outside world.

Thanks dystopia

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Imagine being so horrible that you reincarnate as a mod.

Could be worse, imagine coming back with a karmic bias towards some kind of death. Like drowning. And then finding new ways to drown over and over.

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene
i got a big bottle of norgesic (paracetamol and orphenadrine) that sorta helps when my muscle tension headaches spike, and, idk, cant hurt to take it now

pretty much all i got til the chemist opens tomorrow. if i feel too lovely later in the day i always have booze but i drank yesterday so eh id rather not. but man does the majority of my skull ache

still kinda perplexed by my temporary delirious-ness earlier today but the main thing is it has gone away. i could barely get words out

i have a drs appointment tomorrow and look i think ill just reschedule it til after i have test results. my gonorrhea can wait

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Gearhead posted:

Could be worse, imagine coming back with a karmic bias towards some kind of death. Like drowning. And then finding new ways to drown over and over.

Dying of pneumonia with your lungs full of liquid is kind of drowning.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Google Butt posted:

how the gently caress could you enjoy going on a cruise at this point in time wtf

Normalcy bias.

My company had it's big yearly get together last week at a hotel. Hundreds of sales reps and employees from almost every state spending a week in the same hotel. I made some comments about Coronavirus to some friends of mine when a west coast sales team was coughing nonstop during a presentation and i got mocked for being a conspiracy theorist.

Now we are starting to cancel (some)travel arrangements and people are looking at working from home.

Rectal Death Adept fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 8, 2020

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene
someone laughed at me wearing a mask and i said "mate ill cough on ya" without thinking and he scarpered

i was in a dodgy area so that coulda gotten me knocked out. or a charge after knocking them out. either way, no good

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/expert-covid-19-isn-t-containable-and-canada-should-focus-on-protecting-seniors-1.4842922 :canada:

Finally a solution that won't cost much money: instead of quarantining the people who have or might have the virus, which is clearly impossible and expensive, what if what if we quarantine all the vulnerable people instead? Most of them don't even have jobs. That way all the non-symptomatic carriers could go back to work!

Meanwhile the vulnerable are secured in their homes and senior's centers and whatnot, and whenever the virus is active in the community we just don't let them leave or have visitors. Of course some of the most vulnerable people share living space with productive low-risk people, IDK maybe we could round them up and put them in Safety Camps for their own good. Nobody wants the old seedy motels or abandoned military bases in their neighbourhoods used as quarantine for the sick, but nobody would mind a bunch of healthy but vulnerable people being locked up in them.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/ap/status/1236476457494417408?s=21

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

All three of these mannequins in the photo look like something out of The Stand special effects

black, glassy eyed minions of Randall Flagg

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Dely Apple posted:

All three of these mannequins in the photo look like something out of The Stand special effects

black, glassy eyed minions of Randall Flagg

King's background stooges have a more developed character than any of those bozos.

Lt Dan Ice Cream
Jul 29, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Coronavirus has come to St Louis County.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Charliegrs posted:

You're really lucky you live in a place where taking an ambulance is free so that you don't potentially spread something to other people in mass transit.

Here in the US it cost literally thousands to take an ambulance so mass transit is going to be plague infested.

I hope the CEO of every health insurer in this country dies of this disease.

When I had H1N1 and strep throat at the same time in 2009, I took the streetcar to the hospital, because I was like "My asthma is just reacting badly with a cold, that's why I feel so bad, I don't want to take away an ambulance from someone who's having a heart attack!"

I spent two days in the hospital and and a week at home tripping loving BALLS on Tamiflu and my very high fever.

I still feel guilty about it a decade later, because I was a dumb outbreak monkey.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Google Butt posted:

What's the cheapest bidet worth buying and if someone says a garden hose I swear to god..

I had this one and it is cheap and good: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00A0RHSJO

Probably any of the non-electric cold water bidet seats will work equally well, it's not a high tech device. If you haven't used one before you may think the cold water will be a problem, but it's really not. Oh sure, it'll wake you up, but it's a small stream for a few seconds, so even if the water is very cold it's still not as, uh, refreshing as wading into a room-temp swimming pool.

You'll probably end up needing a set of seat bumpers like this: https://smile.amazon.com/LUXE-Bidet-Universal-Toilet-Adhesive/dp/B07D4SFVBN The problem is that the bidet lifts the back of the toilet seat, but not the front of the toilet seat, when you sit down the weight isn't distributed evenly. If you hear the plastic creaking when you sit down, just get some bumpers or macgyver yourself a solution to raise the rest of the seat.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I think y’all need a bidet thread instead of this one

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Its related to the TP shortage!

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!
My in-laws have three Toto space toilets at their cottage in northern Ontario, that will be my bugout space.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Lol Trump is going to have Obama's death camps.

:ironicat:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Burt Sexual posted:

I think y’all need a bidet thread instead of this one

You might want to think about packing one for the cruise

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

dangle 4 days posted:

pretty much all i got til the chemist opens tomorrow. if i feel too lovely later in the day i always have booze but i drank yesterday so eh id rather not. but man does the majority of my skull ache

depending what city you're in there's chemists open today (Brisbane has at least one 24/7 chemist I know of), so you can probably grab poo poo now anyway. Pm me if you need specific info and don't wanna reveal locations publicly

but yeh quarantine at home and wait on your test results. mum came back from overseas with a cold and had to do the same cause she works at a hospital, but she only had rhinovirus not coronavirus so they let her return to work

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene
i wash myself with a rag on a stick

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene

Nam Taf posted:

depending what city you're in there's chemists open today (Brisbane has at least one 24/7 chemist I know of), so you can probably grab poo poo now anyway. Pm me if you need specific info and don't wanna reveal locations publicly

but yeh quarantine at home and wait on your test results. mum came back from overseas with a cold and had to do the same cause she works at a hospital, but she only had rhinovirus not coronavirus so they let her return to work

i am in fact in brisbane but id need to send a family member to get it for me and like, theyre not going any further than 2min down the road

plus i dont think many places stock the dihydrocodeine syrup. its literally the only OTC opiod left

im exactly the kind of person who used to extract all the codeine from the old OTC panadeine and drink it at once so, uh, jokes on me

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

hardings pharmacy in annerley is the 24/7 one I know of, so you can call them to ask if need be. i'm p sure you can find someone to pick poo poo up for you if it's that desperate.

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene

Nam Taf posted:

hardings pharmacy in annerley is the 24/7 one I know of, so you can call them to ask if need be. i'm p sure you can find someone to pick poo poo up for you if it's that desperate.

im only merely uncomfortable. the norgesic settled the headache a bit, my sinuses are kinda blocked but pain is reduced, the cough is suppressable. i just think its very early in whatever bug this happens to be. ive got a pretty high pain tolerance and ive got melatonin to sleep so overall i dont need to hassle like e.g. my aunt who lives kinda nearby or other e.g. my friends way out the gently caress past beaudesert

so when i wake up tomorrow and things are worse ill get my younger brother to schlep it.

i *am* gonna nap and like cover my face with a pillow for a bit like, rn though. with chronic pain you get real good at self-soothing when its "mild"

i could get wound up in a panic and let the cough spiral and develop asthmatic complications but you learn how to not do that pretty early in life (or you die)

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene
i used to take 40mg of long release oxycodone a day for a year or so. it got to the point where i was asked if i wanted to increase the dose (and told all the problems that was gonna entail) or slowly reduce and come off it entirely. i chose the latter and have been rolling with minimal pain relief ever since. but now i have a pretty hefty opiod tolerance

so when a nurse at a hospital offers me 5mg of oxy i'm like: well, look its appreciated, and im not fanging for anything more, but this really wont do anything

sometimes they understand me, sometimes they dont

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

dangle 4 days posted:

i could get wound up in a panic and let the cough spiral and develop asthmatic complications but you learn how to not do that pretty early in life (or you die)
yeh i grew up on a nebuliser so i know the feeling. keep safe and don't underestimate your symptoms if they get worse

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/expert-covid-19-isn-t-containable-and-canada-should-focus-on-protecting-seniors-1.4842922 :canada:

Finally a solution that won't cost much money: instead of quarantining the people who have or might have the virus, which is clearly impossible and expensive, what if what if we quarantine all the vulnerable people instead? Most of them don't even have jobs. That way all the non-symptomatic carriers could go back to work!

Meanwhile the vulnerable are secured in their homes and senior's centers and whatnot, and whenever the virus is active in the community we just don't let them leave or have visitors. Of course some of the most vulnerable people share living space with productive low-risk people, IDK maybe we could round them up and put them in Safety Camps for their own good. Nobody wants the old seedy motels or abandoned military bases in their neighbourhoods used as quarantine for the sick, but nobody would mind a bunch of healthy but vulnerable people being locked up in them.

im pretty sure putting the elderly into internment camps violates the charter of rights

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

https://www.sacbee.com/opinion/article240996876.html?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Sacramento county government getting really pissed that a local superintendent decided to go over their heads and shut down their school district

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Barudak posted:

So I gather Im just never leaving my apartment again and Amazon will become my only contact with the outside world.

Thanks dystopia

Ah, living the goon dream.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

I just got hard.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I HAD TWO BIG MACS ON THE PLANE HOME NOOOOO

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Rutibex posted:

im pretty sure putting the elderly into internment camps violates the charter of rights

Notwithstanding Clause, bitches!

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Over here in Mexico we have a daily press conference about the virus, with experts tracking the epidemic and answering journalist's questions about the situation. So far, over the past week and a half or so, there have been only 6 confirmed cases (5 from italy) and a couple hundred that tested negative so things are considered to be under control. Unfortunately during today's conference they revealed plans for a joint Canada-USA-Mexico program aimed at testing Spring Break tourists to make sure they are not infected before they leave their country and I just know you are going to gently caress it up and get us all sick.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Yeah as a Canadian I don't feel safe teaming up with the US over this, they're psychos and completely incompetent.

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Barudak posted:

Thanks dystopia

Not to pile on fear but do those amazon fulfillment warehouse people get sick time?

Also, I watched a doc that said they don't have enough time for bathroom breaks... so probably not a whole lot of handwashing.

Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004

Barudak posted:

Thanks dystopia

There's also UberEats and the NHK man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Rutibex posted:

Hasn't stopped this country before.