Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

I think it's funny that shutdowns are still surprising people.

Ya'll: everything is going to shut down in America. Every single thing. Except essential food and healthcare services and honestly there's no certainty of those staying open either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

This was awesome

https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1238155454108151808

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

"Yes, I did say under oath they would be free, but that isn't what I meant."

Well, nevertheless!

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
statistically, there's gotta be people immune to this specific virus

what i'm saying is, i'm willing to shave my head and get a wheelchair

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

pookel posted:

My Fox News-watching coworkers finally believe that poo poo is going down now that major tournaments are getting canceled. I was getting tired of hearing about how people should stop "freaking out."

I wish mine had such clarity. I'm walking on egg shells with some of my employees afraid to offend them and big Daddy Trump. I briefly mentioned my IRA collapse today, and one said "Trump will fix it!" lol, ok

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

He's committed to it so now it will surely happen. Bad evil money person shows his true colors as somebody bombards him with intelligent questions like "are you good or bad? cause I'm good. which team are you on??".

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Fabulousity posted:

A neighbor just had six 48-packs of water bottles dropped off at their doorstep by Amazon, sitting there tempting thieves and probably covered in CORVID-19 by warehouse workers not permitted to take any sick days :thumbsup:

Besides we all know toilet paper is the item to stockpile, not water. Whoever commands the greatest amount of TP for their bunghole by the time this is over shall have a grand coronation and be named Cornholio I, the first god emperor of humanity.

i took off work, my grocery cart was stocked with waters, cleaning stuff, and at the top a 12 pack of blue moon and some little deli sausages

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Hazo posted:

True dark times loom when Disney WORLD shuts down because that’s basically the entire economy of Orlando.

Disneyland in CA has shut down. Has WDW in Orlando shut down too? That’s the first I’ve heard of it.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

mrfart posted:

I was wondering,
The number of infected is very low in the US, mainly because they're simply not testing enough.
However, a lot of people really don't get that/believe this. They really think the number given is the number of actual infections.
Is it possible that they will manage to 'massage the stats' too when it comes to the death toll? Will every deceased be tested? Or is it possible that the coroner registers some of these people under some generic pneumonia-related death?
I feel at the end of all this, reality is once more gonna be whatever people want to believe it is.

Eventually we can still compare monthly number of deaths and the deviation from the mean can be labeled as "because of Coronavirus" one way or another

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Cacafuego posted:

Disneyland in CA has shut down. Has WDW in Orlando shut down too? That’s the first I’ve heard of it.

No but it’s an inevitability.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

She's a Warren protege and it really shows when she gets a chance to grill some executive at a hearing like this.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

stump collector posted:

I think my company is also doing the same as yours. Not sure why we are still at work. We l just got an email saying they are monitoring it and cleaning the bathrooms harder. Paraphrasing of course, I don't want to doxx myself

I am going to doxx you, how many companies could there possibly be that are cleaning the bathrooms harder

Pick posted:

This can't be right? 1000 deaths is a lot but that really should not be pushing anybody so far above capacity

why do you think there's only been 1000 deaths in Iran?

What? They tested the entire Utah Jazz basketball team and I think the Pelicans too. That's 30 tests right there...

James Woods posted:

So I'm a US citizen currently in Spain for the next week and just saw president gently caress face's travel ban announcement. I know I'm probably going to be able to return home ok but I'm here with my live in girlfriend who is a Spanish citizen who lives in the US on a work Visa with a tech company. I'm deathly afraid that she's going to be denied access to the country and we'll be indefinitely separated. Does anyone have any hard info on what a person in her situation will be looking at coming home?

I work with exchange students and happen to have some in Spain. You can come home from anywhere you can get a flight, as a US citizen. I BELIEVE your girlfriend would need to go to the UK and stay there for some time before continuing to America. I don't know for sure that's just my impression after trying to inform myself on this policy as much as possible. I do not believe she would be allowed to travel directly, work visa or not but I guess we'll see...

James Woods posted:

A decision I made in October but then again I have it on good authority from the leader of the free world that this entire thing had been exaggerated and is no more than a common cold.

You bought the tickets in October. You made the decision to go on MONDAY. Don't get it twisted you made a very dumb decision and you deserve the criticism

QuoProQuid posted:

did u know that if u drink water every 15 minutes you are immune to coronavirus???

also, if u can hold your breath then you definitely aren’t infected. Stanford says so

What's weird about the goons all upset about the email is that the advice is not even that crazy at all... it overstates the utility but the majority of the advice in that email is more or less sound, or at the very least not particularly harmful

I've seen much, much worse

sweet thursday posted:

Should I keep the beard and live in the woods!?

Tonight I'm actually going up to a remote cabin in Big Bear to go snowboarding. Not fully sure that I'll actually come back on Sunday, I might just stay up there for the foreseeable future

Delta-Wye posted:

major garrett says to knock off that roni poo poo you fuckin goons

major garrett can SUCK THE VIRUS-LADEN PLUMES directly from my RONI HOLE!!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Hazo posted:

No but it’s an inevitability.

They've announced it's closing..

Superstore was out of TP but still had some flushable wipes. that plus the full TP I bought last week I'm set.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

friendly 2 da void posted:

I think it's funny that shutdowns are still surprising people.

Ya'll: everything is going to shut down in America. Every single thing. Except essential food and healthcare services and honestly there's no certainty of those staying open either.

What about the toilet paper factories

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
The blow job factory will never shutter its doors

Play
Apr 25, 2006

reposting A Fancy Hat's parody virus mailer from the nextdoor thread because it's funny:

quote:

Coronavirus Prevention - PLEASE SHARE!!!! with everyone

My grandson's friend is a doctor and shared the following advice on the Coronavirus. Please share with everyone!

1)The virus HATES the sun! Go get a tan, virus is dead. Truly a "Miracle" that shows "someone" is looking out for us!
2) Wash your hands as much as possible, but not too much. That opens tiny wounds on your hand the virus can sneak in to.
3) Drink a solution of 1 cup vinegar, 1 cup lemon juice, 6 cups of water. Have this every night before bed and be sure to swirl around in your mouth. Also can treat canker sores - WOW!
4) Eat 2-3 pounds of potatoes a week and tape a slice of potato to each foot every night before dead. This will pull out the coronavirus toxins while you sleep.
5) Out of hand sanitizer? Make your own - 1 part bleach, 2 parts vodka, 2 parts water. Wash the whole house with it, inside and out, to keep out the virus!

MOST OF ALL - KEEP LIVING YOUR LIFE! The media is making this seem worse to hurt GOOD AMERICAN JOBS like Golden Corral, Denny's, etc. Ask yourself who benefits from this????

Thank you Doctor Moctor (actual name)!

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

This really is awesome to watch. The CDC director caved and committed to using CDC funds to test all Americans.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

anyone else having trouble with the john hopkins university map?

schools are starting to switch to online only locally, but not mine. they want us at our clinical sites tomorrow lol. when i was there wednesday they had security set up temp checkpoints at all the entrances... but i walked past them twice and they didnt check me. they didnt really seem to be doing anything actually. apparently they were using thermometers used to check air conditioners too. this is fine. everything is normal.

You can shortcut right to it via www.TheRoni.com

Looks like the total case count number is down, last I saw it, was 120,000

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

The Walrus posted:

They've announced it's closing..l
I don’t think you read the post I was quoting. Disneyland (closing) and Walt Disney World (not closed) are two vastly different parks on opposite coasts.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
drat im gonna have to buy some potatoes

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Hazo posted:

I don’t think you read the post I was quoting. Disneyland (closing) and Walt Disney World (not closed) are two vastly different parks on opposite coasts.

this is like the nineteenth time the radio has lied to me and I posted something I thought was true -they said disney is closing all parks worldwide but I can't find a source so, sorry!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hazo posted:

I mostly picked it for the headline but Mother Jones has an article that debunks each point with an actual Stanford scientist if you think your audience wants more substance: https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/03/theres-a-facebook-coronavirus-post-going-viral-claiming-to-be-from-stanford-dont-believe-it/

Wait, so it does hate the sun!!!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ok i have an Optic Wonder /w built in compass

fanny pack with 5 days worth of big league chew

and a game gear with 1000 extra double aa batteries

i think im set

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

CJacobs posted:

If you even so much as think you might have it, get checked. My normal flu I posted about went away a whole week ago but I still have a cough, constantly running nose, and sweaty hands/feet so I'm getting checked. There is no reason not to get checked if you have the time/insurance/services necessary and are under the weather. The worst thing that'll happen if you don't have it is you get checked and they say you don't have it and you wasted your time.

edit: Now is not the time to care about 'congesting the medical system'. The system exists to serve you, not the other way around.

lol you're gonna get Corona virus in the ER getting checked you dope

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
The national security council just ended here in Belgium. All cafes and restaurants have to close. schools will stop teaching but will not shut down completely, because otherwise a lot of people will send their disease factories (kids) to their grandparents.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Hadlock posted:

You can shortcut right to it via www.TheRoni.com

Looks like the total case count number is down, last I saw it, was 120,000

i dont think number go down? it keeps the recovered in the big number. total 'active' cases was something like 60k this morning. is someone hacking into my mainframe over here?

anyone else noticing the increased frequency of updates in the last few days?

edit; roni link loads numbers but displays error 'Cannot Access Data'. i miss the map, and shucks, id by lyin if i said i didnt miss number too.

flubber nuts fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 12, 2020

GaiaShell
Mar 11, 2002

Delurking Seattleite here, every single school in the county (King), and the two surrounding counties (Pierce and Snohomish) are now closed for 6 weeks

Very lucky not to have kids or stocks rn, gonna sip on my margarita and watch the world burn

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

numberoneposter posted:

ok i have an Optic Wonder /w built in compass

fanny pack with 5 days worth of big league chew

and a game gear with 1000 extra double aa batteries

i think im set

Enjoy those two hours with your Game Gear

:haw:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Coronavirus is named for the crown-like spikes its surface. Y'all probably knew that and I figured it was something like that but I was curious

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wait, so it does hate the sun!!!

that chain email isn't as crazy as everyone thinks it is. Just badly phrased and massively overstates the utility of the advice, but at least it isn't actively harmful

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Hazo posted:

Oh man I’m remembering the Nomad now.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Hazo posted:

i can almost beat sonic hedge hog

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Sonic 2 on game gear is SUCH loving bullshit. I could never beat the first god damned boss and it was the only video game I had for close to a year when I was 4. Just miserable.

In my defense it is a stupidly hard first boss even for a 4 year old

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Play posted:

What's weird about the goons all upset about the email is that the advice is not even that crazy at all... it overstates the utility but the majority of the advice in that email is more or less sound, or at the very least not particularly harmful

I've seen much, much worse

telling people they can't get sick if they drink water is more or less sound

thanks for youor thoughts on the email chain letter

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

The Walrus posted:

Sonic 2 on game gear is SUCH loving bullshit. I could never beat the first god damned boss and it was the only video game I had for close to a year when I was 4. Just miserable.

In my defense it is a stupidly hard first boss even for a 4 year old
i thought i was hot poo poo when i beat super mario land

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I’m in the susceptible age bracket plus my immune system is compromised due to obesity I just sat my 4 year old son down and told him he would be the man of the house soon and gave him the combination to the gun safe.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Well all I can say is that theres definitely no roni on my neck because its sunburnt to hell right now

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Well all I can say is that theres definitely no roni on my neck because its sunburnt to hell right now

Roni is dangerous al dente

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

bird with big dick posted:

I’m in the susceptible age bracket plus my immune system is compromised due to obesity I just sat my 4 year old son down and told him he would be the man of the house soon and gave him the combination to the gun safe.

what was the next clue you hid inside the safe? treasure map? poem with a secret message in vanishing ink?

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

bucksmash posted:

Delurking Seattleite here, every single school in the county (King), and the two surrounding counties (Pierce and Snohomish) are now closed for 6 weeks

Very lucky not to have kids or stocks rn, gonna sip on my margarita and watch the world burn

This is gonna wreck so many people. Parents who work all day and can't get vacation/sick leave/afford daycare and will have to choose between the kids or their job. Even worse for those who rely on the schools for meals. And there's no net to catch them all when everything comes apart lol America nice country, good job :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Fabulousity posted:

This is gonna wreck so many people. Parents who work all day and can't get vacation/sick leave/afford daycare and will have to choose between the kids or their job. Even worse for those who rely on the schools for meals. And there's no net to catch them all when everything comes apart lol America nice country, good job :911:

boys, we've done it again. someone get the banner!!!!