Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Man.

Every chapter, Makima looks more and more on the up-and-up. Just the least shady character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Guess we're about to lose all these new characters.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

chainsaw man's cast is a revolving door

I don't think all of the demon hunters are gonna die tho. just most

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Fujimoto just straight-up doesn't give a gently caress, does he?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Whst was that all about? Double cross? Triple cross? Who knows.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Booze grandpa gonna gently caress someone up hell yeah

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

HerraS posted:

Booze grandpa gonna gently caress someone up hell yeah

I'd say to enjoy it because we're probably not seeing much more of him any time soon, but...

Makima's been oddly patient with disobedience. Denji's planned to quit twice, she hasn't said anything about it. Angel ignored orders to bring Aki along, and she actually complimented him. Kobeni goes into the fetal position against Bomb, still gets the bonus to buy her new murder weapon. Someone quits, she gives severance pay.

If Makima wasn't so incredibly sketchy, I'd just shrug and call it kindness. If she didn't have so much intel gathering ability, I might assume some of it was just her not knowing.

But with that... well. Makima's interesting. And I suspect she wouldn't kill someone as useful as Kishibe until he actually takes a shot at her.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I reckon she's just competent and not evil for evils sake. Makima wants useful assets. People only working for you because you hold their family/cat/debt hostage doesn't have a great track record.

I wonder if there's an 'obligations' demon...

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
That Makima doublecross is very surprising, I wonder if it's real of if he's playing Quanxi.

Also I kept wondering what happened with Power because I never saw her take a hit while she was on the ground. So I read that sequence twice trying to find her before continuing only for Power to reveal she took a dive. Power! :argh:

I hope Nice Guy Devil is okay.

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

New chapter

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006424

Yay Beam is here to save the day again! Oh wait... maybe not. I wonder what effect a curse will have on Denji.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Kobeni strikes again.

The American dude did well to survive falling out a building like that since he didn't even get a chance to slow his fall. Gonna guess he's gone for the rest of the arc until Makima's betrayal happens and he's revealed again.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I love how it's the same curse they used against the Katana fiend

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

Mulderman posted:

I love how it's the same curse they used against the Katana fiend

So it is. If it didn't keep the katana guy down then Denji is probably relatively fine?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

profileusername posted:

So it is. If it didn't keep the katana guy down then Denji is probably relatively fine?

katana guy needed some kind of pick-me-up from sawatari, so denji may be in a spot of trouble here

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Beam is the best sharko boi.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

profileusername posted:

New chapter

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006424

Yay Beam is here to save the day again! Oh wait... maybe not. I wonder what effect a curse will have on Denji.

He was just crucified and killed. Just add blood and he'll be fine.

Still, awesome chapter

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hell yes to this dude going in for round 2 with Quanxi, he’s the lad who Makima brought in before right and who hosed some of the shape shifters?

Also smart move by her throwing Kishibe out the window imo, rather than actually try to beat him which I assume would be hard and take time just end the fight.

Really curious to see him go all out too. Loved the Quanxi girl being like “lol his contracts are pretty weak” and being owned off screen. Really cool that he presumably only has weakfish contracts but is just a beast.

I wonder if what’s behind Denji’s dream door is using the Gun Devil’s power up. We’ve seen devils get stronger due to having bits of the Gun Devil in them. And we saw that Porchita was wounded from gunshots when Dennis found him. So i wonder if what’s behind that door is using the bits of the gun devil inside him (if they’re still there) to have a big power up.

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Mar 16, 2020

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
There's just something about Denji's goofy rear end face as he gets horribly crucified that is hilarious to me. He's Wild E Coyate stumbling through every possible death trap and coming out unscathed since he's basically immortal. Gruesomely dying of something mundane like stepping on a nail from a dude playing dead, Beam and Denji's comments "you floating... amazing!", Kishibie nonchalantly glancing at the American dude who fell off the building totalling Kobeni's car, Kobeni's car being totalled, this manga is so morbidly funny. It's like a Tarentino movie. I really hope they are able to get the comedic timings right if they adapt this into an anime

chainsaw man owns

yum fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Mar 16, 2020

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

yum posted:

There's just something about Denji's goofy rear end face as he gets horribly crucified that is hilarious to me. He's Wild E Coyate stumbling through every possible death trap and coming out unscathed since he's basically immortal. Gruesomely dying of something mundane like stepping on a nail from a dude playing dead, Beam and Denji's comments "you floating... amazing!", this manga is so morbidly funny

chainsaw man owns

Denji going “My body’s movin’ into a crucifix position!” makes me chuckle a lot

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think it'd be criminally wasted potential for this to not get an anime adaptation down the road. Hopefully Jujutsu Kaisen makes a strong showing, as well.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

thetoughestbean posted:

Denji going “My body’s movin’ into a crucifix position!” makes me chuckle a lot

"Could this be the work of... the Jesus devil"

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://imgur.com/a/jDvFMb3

Speed scan of chapter 63

what the hell

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
I don't know what in the hell is going on there.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
The hell is going on there though, sounds like you got it

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That escalated quickly.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Awww yeah time for some insanely hosed up poo poo, it's about time

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This makes perfect sense!

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Wonder if Denji is there too? Not sure about the wording due to the speed scan but he's not really a living being since he uh kind of died

GrudgeOnion
Oct 25, 2010
I want to see Violence Devil without his mask here, but I also want Kobeni to survive this. Choices...

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

Definitely a lot going on. So Tolka's master was basically the real puppet master?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

profileusername posted:

Definitely a lot going on. So Tolka's master was basically the real puppet master?

I...think so? I'm not 100% sure because this chapter was confusing. I guess the whole point of doing it was so they would sacrifice themselves to use the Hell Devil which needs to be done with "free will".

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. So the person we thought of as Santa was another "elaborate" puppet like Tolka got turned into. The real "Santa" is Tolka's master. Or perhaps Tolka's master is the inheritor. Whatever. Neat twist.

yum posted:

Wonder if Denji is there too? Not sure about the wording due to the speed scan but he's not really a living being since he uh kind of died

Probably not given how deliberate the command seemed to be.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I respect Chainsaw Man's commitment to being completely unpredictable, and in a way that's never really disappointing.

It's a gift.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Hypocrisy posted:

Huh. So the person we thought of as Santa was another "elaborate" puppet like Tolka got turned into. The real "Santa" is Tolka's master. Or perhaps Tolka's master is the inheritor. Whatever. Neat twist.

Do you remember how Santa asked for orphans? I guess Tolka's master was one, too. She even called him Grandpa.
The inheritor idea is the most likely.

-e-
Those four kids were the orphans, and three got taken.

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Mar 21, 2020

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

First, speedscan, so arguments based on exact dialog are questionable. Second, if Denji's inside, he's still locked in with people who want to kill him, and he's sent to Hell, where presumably...

Okay, where Poochita's presumably going to show just why every Devil in the place fears the rev of an engine, but where anyone without that inside information would assume he'd be doomed.

Meanwhile, outside his body's going to have Makima sweeping in soon, and Kishibe's on site already. Any plan to retrieve his corpse would be... difficult. At best.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sometimes CSM moves a bit too fast for its own good.

But gently caress, even speedscanned, that art is fantastic.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Lurking Haro posted:

Do you remember how Santa asked for orphans? I guess Tolka's master was one, too. She even called him Grandpa.
The inheritor idea is the most likely.

-e-
Those four kids were the orphans, and three got taken.

Pretty sure the woman has been the real Santa the whole time. The way the panels show Tolka and Granpa as being the same makes it clear that they were both "raised" by her.

It also makes more sense as generally women tend to be the real badasses in this manga.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I missed it the first time but the Hell Devil's hand has six fingers.

So to escape hell they'll need to find the Vengeful Spaniard Devil.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

... what the hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
so the official translation's phrasing of the Hell Devil's command has the plan make a lot more sense: send every living thing in the mall to hell

she got tolka to kill denji, dolled him up, and then summoned the hell devil before denji could re-rez, which means that the mall is now probably just a crater with denji's still-dead body awaiting retrieval

meanwhile she can continue to pick off the remaining hunters in hell using tolka as her proxy