Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Facebook Aunt posted:

Each US state gets its own dot, but all of canada has to share one? This is bullshit.

Gonna steer clear of saskatchewan, that's for sure.

It is bullshit, but I did find this

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Bleusilences posted:

That uncontrolled capitalism is poo poo?

Maybe they should try saving more and spending less

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/Schwarzenegger/status/1239383795205169152?s=20

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
So many of my irl and goon friends are going to lose their jobs and worse :smith:

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

JK Fresco posted:

We are not talking about people who are making 100k here.

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

JK Fresco posted:

Maybe they should try taking your poo poo while cops look the other way after you get outed

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
https://youtu.be/YjbKGp3fqck

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bleusilences posted:

We are not talking about people who are making 100k here.

What about candles?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

just a week ago we were still arguing about whether or not coronavirus was just the flu. in another week we'll be arguing about how to bbq a landlord. a new era is upon is

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

teardrop posted:

Maybe they should try taking your poo poo while cops look the other way after you get outed

Idgi what dows this mean

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Anne Whateley posted:

I got 3 pounds of onions because they go with everything. Pot roast? Onions. Pork roast? Onions. Chicken noodle soup? Onions. Omelet? Onions.

A silver lining of working from home

Onion farts and burps are the best.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Looks like the Roni and the Profen don't get along: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...crdz-s2lM_7G6yk

Hope you bought Tylenol!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

WaffleZombie posted:

Looks like the Roni and the Profen don't get along: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...crdz-s2lM_7G6yk

Hope you bought Tylenol!
Yeah I saw the French government was telling people not to take anti-inflammatories for this virus, which was the first I've heard of an issue with it. I've heard nothing from doctors in the US about this that much yet, but I went out and bought tylenol today just in case.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

GORDON posted:

This could be what kickstarts the guaranteed minimum income system

alternatively: give automation lines a big boast. won't have to worry about sick/dying workers if they're robots!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Burt Sexual posted:

So many of my irl and goon friends are going to lose their jobs and worse :smith:

I just want to know if I'm getting laid off or not, I'm hoping yes so I can try to claim employment insurance. All we've been told is our buildings are shut down but outdoor space is open, and anyone who works indoors has to stay home. 48 hours later, no additional info at all.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I assume this is because China loves to put all theit pneumonia patients on high dose steroids because theur medicine is like 20 years behind the rest of the world

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

OMFG FURRY posted:

alternatively: give automation lines a big boast. won't have to worry about sick/dying workers if they're robots!

Can't we just import more workers?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
When the lockdown is in full swing rich fuckers better start tipping a minimum of $10 on every pizza

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

precision posted:

When the lockdown is in full swing rich fuckers better start tipping a minimum of $10 on every pizza

yea right if people have no other choice but to have poo poo delivered, it will be trivially easy for them to rationalize away a gratuity lol.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
South Korea is testing upwards of 20,000 people per day.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Blistex posted:

South Korea is testing upwards of 20,000 people per day.

They should close the borders

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Kibbles n Shits posted:

yea right if people have no other choice but to have poo poo delivered, it will be trivially easy for them to rationalize away a gratuity lol.

Yeah but I feel like they should be smart enough to realize you don't wanna put a target on your back

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Kibbles n Shits posted:

Sounds like a good idea

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

precision posted:

Yeah but I feel like they should be smart enough to realize you don't wanna put a target on your back

Do you think rhe delivery boys will suddenly turn violent?

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Jordan7hm posted:

Pretty awesome time to live in Russia, where definitely nothing is happening and no covid to be found. None at all.

No covid but sadly a strange twist of fate made pneumonia cases spike at same time as the rest of the world got hit by the novel virus :(

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
It sounds like there's a lot of potential violence from the service industry being predicted here

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

No covid but sadly a strange twist of fate made pneumonia cases spike at same time as the rest of the world got hit by the novel virus :(

Oh just like China last year

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

teardrop posted:

What does this even mean? He was joking goon.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Burt Sexual posted:

What about candles?

That's quite a list here, but don't worry I'm sure we'll eventually get to the candle play during your extended stay here at the Quarantine, Burt Sexual. Now for a safe word...

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
my mom went to a chinese restaurant and there was no one else there. so she bought me an entire week's worth of chinese food for lunch and dinner so that's all stocked in the work fridge now. 33% tip also. hope it helps them.

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow
They announced province wide school shutdowns at 5pm on Sunday. Daycares are also shut down. All my friends with kids are scrambling, most don't have a work from home option and don't want to park their disease vectors with grandparents

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Burt Sexual posted:

Don't worry, if there is no money to be spent then jobs will be kinda pointless anyways.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

MarcusSA posted:

Keyword is asks.

You know most wont.

Ty very much
It is v helpful to me in guilting my mom to stay home though

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I'm tempted to fake being sick so I can not go to work and self quarantine for a couple weeks until the infection rate curve levels off.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Your quarantine is strong, but Disney World... is packed full?

https://twitter.com/WDWNT/status/1239351087741702145

l ... lol?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Kaerf posted:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-03-15/california-seniors-isolated-bars-close-coronavirus-gavin-newsom

'Gov. Gavin Newsom asked Californians over the age of 65 on Sunday to isolate themselves from others and said that neighborhood bars and pubs should close their doors as the number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the state continued to rise.'

Ty :)

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

Sierra Nevadan posted:

I was supposed to go visit my grandma in Amsterdam in a few days to see her before she dies. That's off the table now, and her neighbor down the hall just died from the virus so she's probably a goner.

But I am going to Aruba instead!! Too bad they just got their first cases today :(

Now Aruba is closed! drat this sucks, I am having a dark mental time. I am still going to take a few days off work and drive into the desert or something to camp and clear my mind.

e: maybe visit the brothel

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pick posted:

my mom went to a chinese restaurant and there was no one else there. so she bought me an entire week's worth of chinese food for lunch and dinner so that's all stocked in the work fridge now. 33% tip also. hope it helps them.

I’ve never left a bar restaurant without leaving at least $10. Come the gently caress on people

Anyways my kids school just shut for 8 weeks. Jfc

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Burt Sexual posted:

I’ve never left a bar restaurant without leaving at least $10. Come the gently caress on people

Anyways my kids school just shut for 8 weeks. Jfc

gently caress off burt that was like a $60 tip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

JK Fresco posted:

Dam... this post really sucks bro drat...