Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Louisgod posted:

Honestly, if anybody still has the ability to hit up a grocery store now to stock up on food, now's the time. Easy to give people poo poo for "panic shopping" when most people only meal prep a week out, so having kids at home means you have to plan for them as well. Best to stock up on everything so you don't have to leave the house for 3 or 4 weeks.

I mean it's easy to flick poo poo to people for hoarding but most americans don't have a pantry full of backup food because everybody lives paycheck to paycheck. It's incredibly hosed up.

Also a normal week's supply of food (and TP) are not going to last a week with everyone home full time. No eating out, no school lunches, and no poopin on company time means your supplies may not go as far as you normally expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My wife is chinese and works for a large chinese company doing poo poo with genetic sequencing. A few days ago she was contacted by people at the largest hospital in sweden panicking that they couldn't test enough people. Officially Sweden had "changed the strategy" to only test really sick people. But that was only because hospitals started running out of test. This morning enough equipment to do 1000 tests a day landed in Sweden. My wife probably saved actual lives. China is gonna come out of this looking sooooo loving good.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Hopes Fall posted:

Weirdly plasticky. No crumb to speak of. My cousin who is something a bread goddess pronounced it as "simultaneously over proofed and under proofed; I didnt know that was possible."

My partner gave up on trying to make regular bread since hers was coming out like that all the time. She changed to a soda bread recipe that she added some rosemary, garlic, and onion to, and it comes out flawless every time now.

She's using this one I think: https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/soda_bread_24837

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

unpacked robinhood posted:

China is gonna come out of this looking sooooo loving good.

Lol what

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If you're staying at home why the gently caress are you worried about toilet paper, just take a shower after your daily poo poo if it takes more than one wipe.

People obsess about the dumbest poo poo

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
me while looking at my pantry deciding what to buy for the future

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Looks like a foreign actor has been attacking U.S. health and Human Service computer systems to disrupt the Covid-19 response.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-16/u-s-health-agency-suffers-cyber-attack-during-covid-19-response

quote:

Cyber-Attack Hits U.S. Health Agency Amid Covid-19 Outbreak

The U.S. Health and Human Services Department suffered a cyber-attack on its computer system, part of what people familiar with the incident called a campaign of disruption and disinformation that was aimed at undermining the response to the coronavirus pandemic and may have been the work of a foreign actor.

“We are aware of a cyber incident related to the Health and Human Services computer networks, and the federal government is investigating this incident thoroughly,” John Ullyot, a spokesman for the National Security Council, said in a statement. “HHS and federal government cybersecurity professionals are continuously monitoring and taking appropriate actions to secure our federal networks.”

He said “HHS and federal networks are functioning normally at this time.”
relates to Cyber-Attack Hits U.S. Health Agency Amid Covid-19 Outbreak

While a foreign state is suspected in the attack, the administration hasn’t yet confirmed who it was, according to a U.S. official.

“We had no penetration into our networks, we had no degradation of the functioning of our networks,” Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said at a White House briefing on the coronavirus on Monday afternoon.

The attack, which involved overloading the HHS servers with millions of hits over several hours, didn’t succeed in slowing the agency’s systems significantly, as was apparently intended, according to one of the people familiar with the matter. They requested anonymity to discuss details of the sensitive incident.

An HHS spokeswoman said in a statement that the agency had “put extra protections in place” as it prepared to respond to the coronavirus outbreak.

“On Sunday, we became aware of a significant increase in activity on HHS cyber infrastructure and are fully operational as we actively investigate the matter,” said the spokeswoman, Caitlin Oakley. “We are coordinating with federal law enforcement and remain vigilant and focused on ensuring the integrity of our IT infrastructure.”

Just before midnight on Sunday, the National Security Council issued a tweet warning without elaboration about “fake” text messages. The tweet was prompted by a message from an unknown sender warning that the person’s “military friends” had heard in a briefing that the “president will order a two week mandatory quarantine for the nation.”

Officials believe the message -- spread by text, email and social media -- was related to the HHS cyber attack, one of the people said. Trump didn’t propose a mandatory quarantine on Monday, even as he urged Americans to avoid gathering in groups of more than 10 people and to stop eating out at restaurants and going to bars.

Text message rumors of a national #quarantine are FAKE. There is no national lockdown. @CDCgov has and will continue to post the latest guidance on #COVID19. #coronavirus
— NSC (@WHNSC) March 16, 2020

Secretary of State Michael Pompeo and other Trump administration officials are aware of the cyber attack, according to one of the people, and the hack doesn’t appear to have resulted in any data being taken from HHS systems.

General Paul Nakasone, who leads the National Security Agency and U.S. Cyber Command, is looking into the situation, one of the people said.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

precision posted:

If you're staying at home why the gently caress are you worried about toilet paper, just take a shower after your daily poo poo if it takes more than one wipe.

I have to cocoon at night or I dry out

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

precision posted:

what if you poo poo 8 times a day, apparently like the average american?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

veni veni veni posted:

I gotta say I'm not sure how curfews are going to help anything?

You clearly don't go out at night, that forces bars closed, it also prevents people from throwing a private party since they now need to provide place for every guest to sleep.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

anyone heard from Jose? How are they doing?

Stay safe roni goons. Stay inside (I know this isn't hard for us) I'm not going to be too happy come wednesday when I'm not going into the office and getting stir crazy.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I have no idea, it's from c spam

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

tater_salad posted:

anyone heard from Jose? How are they doing?

Stay safe roni goons. Stay inside (I know this isn't hard for us) I'm not going to be too happy come wednesday when I'm not going into the office and getting stir crazy.

He’s posting in the cspam thread

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

ehh I dunno if I wanna go into cspam I'd rather shitpost in GBS

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Louisgod posted:

RIP

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Yikes Pennsylvania is stopping all liquor stores? Really didn't see that one coming.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Louisgod posted:

eat more beans

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

poverty goat posted:

eat more beans

I was led to believe that the more beans you consume the more you toot, does this not also apply to poopin?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I finally have a name for my signature cocktail, its the quarantini

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I was led to believe that the more beans you consume the more you toot, does this not also apply to poopin?

if you eat enough fiber your poops become practically self-wiping

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

angryrobots posted:

RMAO millennials convinced everyone to do this thing and spread a disease they're basically immune to

MOTHERFUCKER

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

China is gonna come out of this looking sooooo loving good.

Your wife may have saved a shitload of lives, and that's awesome, but uh, I don't think anyone's forgetting where the disease came from once this is all over.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Kemp is sitting on his hands, still, in GA. We have over 111 infected in an explosion from 60-ish on saturday evening, if I recall correctly.

Abrams wouldn't have done this poo poo.

When Kemps office finally gave the call for USG schools) to be ready to transition to online courses after Spring Break, it caused more confusion and grief than if they just let each University handle it themselves. The only thing clear in their language was "We have no loving idea what we're doing but we all make 6 figures a year so we're qualified".

Meanwhile, our department already had our poo poo sorted out, ready to roll online for class transition and had to modify based on bullshit they passed down.

A true shitshow. Despite having the loving CDC right down the road.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

My wife is chinese and works for a large chinese company doing poo poo with genetic sequencing. A few days ago she was contacted by people at the largest hospital in sweden panicking that they couldn't test enough people. Officially Sweden had "changed the strategy" to only test really sick people. But that was only because hospitals started running out of test. This morning enough equipment to do 1000 tests a day landed in Sweden. My wife probably saved actual lives. China is gonna come out of this looking sooooo loving good.

:allears:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

this is not hard to understand

which country was the only one to send significant medical support to italy?

like it or not the origins of the outbreak will be forgotten in the coming propaganda offensive

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

frogge posted:

Your wife may have saved a shitload of lives, and that's awesome, but uh, I don't think anyone's forgetting where the disease came from once this is all over.

they will, sorry. or at least to the extent of not caring about it relative to everything that happened afterwards

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
What if you took one of the sharks from deep blue sea and then gave it Coronavirus?

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Mozi posted:

they will, sorry. or at least to the extent of not caring about it relative to everything that happened afterwards

Yeah I don't think we're going to go to war with China or harshen Trump's moronic trade war with them either, but I imagine it's going to provide fodder for jingoists for a long time to come.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Mozi posted:

these days most people probably think the spanish flu came from spain, or had something to do with spain, so most likely people in the future will think this virus was caused by beer

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Earwicker posted:

these days most people probably think the spanish flu came from spain, or had something to do with spain, so most likely people in the future will think this virus was caused by beer

Nah I'm already calling it the chinese flu. It'll stick.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Mozi posted:

this is not hard to understand

which country was the only one to send significant medical support to italy?

like it or not the origins of the outbreak will be forgotten in the coming propaganda offensive

Propapanda

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Earwicker posted:

Sales of the beer already took a hit. We won't need to wait, they're already doing it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Finally some answers. Everyone in my department and similar departments are temporarily laid off, although they might need some of us to come in next week to do a proper shut down of the stores. If we stay closed for more than 59 days it will be formal termination but hopefully that won't happen.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

What if you took one of the sharks from deep blue sea and then gave it Coronavirus?

If you've have ever wanted to try some hosed up mad scientist bullshit I would say now is the time to do it. Infect the shark. You will go down in history. It would be like Frankenstein, but instead of assembling a golem made from cadaver bits brought to life with lightening you just cough on a big shark.

I'm going to start small with ice cubes in the microwave. I have some theories I've been meaning to develop experiments for. Let's just say if half of my formulas are correct I might be well on my way to discovering where water comes from. Wish me luck. :science:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

pixaal posted:

You clearly don't go out at night, that forces bars closed, it also prevents people from throwing a private party since they now need to provide place for every guest to sleep.

Yes but it doesn't address all of the same issues that will occur during the day. It just seems like an odd half measure I guess.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

If you've have ever wanted to try some hosed up mad scientist bullshit I would say now is the time to do it. Infect the shark. You will go down in history. It would be like Frankenstein, but instead of assembling a golem made from cadaver bits brought to life with lightening you just cough on a big shark.

I'm going to start small with ice cubes in the microwave. I have some theories I've been meaning to develop experiments for. Let's just say if half of my formulas are correct I might be well on my way to discovering where water comes from. Wish me luck. :science:

I’m already planning on loving a hand soap based Gollum to life I have a lot on my plate

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

veni veni veni posted:

Yes but it doesn't address all of the same issues that will occur during the day. It just seems like an odd half measure I guess.

People enjoying nightlife during the day?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

People being around each other during the day. C'mon

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

People enjoying nightlife during the day?

Well certainly the drinking part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I heard the corona virus started because someone hosed a bat is this true