Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Extremely good kitbashing, but also

Zodack posted:

The grimoire ball is hard to manipulate.

tee hee hee

Anyway, I'd second Lemon's suggestion about the waist. It does look a little barren. If you used the Red Beret, you could try hacking up the shield to mount on top of the current waist if you didn't want to try your luck with card construction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

hmmm

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
HLJ.com, right? Yeah, I've got the same problem in euros. It seems to be a thing on every item, so something in the site must be broken. Maybe the conversion from yen to other currencies has been set to 1=1?

In any case, I'm not ordering a thing till they get it fixed. Just in case the payment end is also broken. I kinda like my hobby on the level of 'expensive', not 'I need to win the lottery'.

Edit: funnily enough, it seems to give the proper price on the wishlist. It's just when I go to the actual page of an item itself that the price goes for the moon.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

HLJ pricing it like it's toilet paper.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

You should have seen my face when I clicked on a Sentinel toy and the price was 42,000 dollars.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I got some robots in the mail:

https://imgur.com/a/QqQ7Xuc

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Bees on Wheat posted:

My workplace cancelled/postponed pretty much all of their upcoming events due to restrictions on gathering sizes and coronavirus fears. My Monday night build group is pretty much the only thing that hasn't been cancelled, but only because nobody actually shows up. :downs:

Welp. Several counties have announced new restrictions and advisories that basically amount to "just loving stay home" unless you're doing something important like grocery shopping. Rules go into effect at midnight, so we get one last Gundam build in tonight before we close up for the next 3 or 4 weeks. :sigh:

I'm gonna have to get a lot more robots to last through this whole shutdown. My backlog is down to 3 RGs, a couple of HGs, and a handful of SD kits. :ohdear:

E: gently caress, Newtype is pretty much shut down as of tomorrow. Just going to be one person packing and shipping orders until this restriction is lifted or we all die. This apocalypse thing is bullshit.

Bees on Wheat fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 17, 2020

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

It seems to be if you go through their email link. Just going in through the website has them come up fine.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It seems to be if you go through their email link. Just going in through the website has them come up fine.

it seems to just be fixed in general now.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

And to think, most of us were about to become postapocalyptic warlords based on our build backlogs.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm assuming it was just an error with the currency sign since most places seem to have the kit on preorder for 3800-4000 JPY.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
So I'm about 1/2 way through the RG Sazabi build and honestly.....

It's just absolutely amazing. I'm going to build the Nu directly after it but I just don't know how they're going to top this one ever.

Like it's just insane the amount of detail and articulation this chunky suit has, I thought Bandai sacrificed their first born to whatever devil when the Unicorn was released but this is a whole other level of awesome.

Other than the Barbatos, what other hero suits are left to get the RG treatment?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm assuming it was just an error with the currency sign since most places seem to have the kit on preorder for 3800-4000 JPY.

It was about ten times what it was supposed to be in Swedish kronor too, on all the products i looked at. I can only assume someone misplaced a comma or something.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Puddin posted:

So I'm about 1/2 way through the RG Sazabi build and honestly.....

It's just absolutely amazing. I'm going to build the Nu directly after it but I just don't know how they're going to top this one ever.

Like it's just insane the amount of detail and articulation this chunky suit has, I thought Bandai sacrificed their first born to whatever devil when the Unicorn was released but this is a whole other level of awesome.

Other than the Barbatos, what other hero suits are left to get the RG treatment?

Just going one per series...

Turn A, God, X, Victory, F91, Alex, EZ-8, ZZ, G-Savior, Stargazer, Build Burning, G-Self, and the Atlas Gundam.

There's still more than a dozen suits, and that's not even considering the heroes who go through multiple ones.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Duh, I knew I was being dense and forgot pretty much every one you mentioned.

RG moustache when?

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Thought we could all get a chuckle out of this in these dark times.

God bless the backlog, am I right?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I actually did get a Gundam kit yesterday. Just in case stuff stays shut down longer than expected, I wanted to have a kit on hand and I wanted to give my local shop some money. Not that my 30 dollar purchase is gonna be the difference between them being able to survive a month+ shut down or not, but every bit helps right?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Well I wondered when I was going to finish that panzer liger and scopedog.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

My girlfriend thought it was ridiculous that I had a backlog of 10+ mastergrades along with two perfect grades but who's laughing now huh!?

I'll probably go through like 2-3 of these at most before this ends, so she's still right.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Is there any difference between these two sets of markers?

https://www.amazon.com/GSI-Creos-Gundam-Marker-Markers/dp/B0009AFN0S/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=gundam+markers&qid=1584471768&sr=8-2

https://www.amazon.com/GSI-Creos-Gundam-Marker-Markers/dp/B0009AFN4E/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=gundam+markers&qid=1584471768&sr=8-4

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

They're different colors.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
also the first one has a panel-lining marker

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Droyer posted:

They're different colors.

I mean like quality/tool/use-wise

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
Does anyone know of any good guides or tutorials with tips on mixing color matched model paints?

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Slanderer posted:

Does anyone know of any good guides or tutorials with tips on mixing color matched model paints?

What do you mean? Like finding ratios for specific colors?

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Symetrique posted:

What do you mean? Like finding ratios for specific colors?

Pretty much. The color guides in the manual are probably fine if you have access to Mr. Color paints, but I don't and I'm having bad luck with trial and error using Tamiya paints (even with using mostly the nearest color matches to Mr Color)

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Slanderer posted:

Pretty much. The color guides in the manual are probably fine if you have access to Mr. Color paints, but I don't and I'm having bad luck with trial and error using Tamiya paints (even with using mostly the nearest color matches to Mr Color)

I've found the colour guides to be a bit hit and miss even using the intended Mr Hobby Aqueous paints.

I initially started looking for scale modelling specific guides for paint mixing but wasn't able to come up with much. I ended up finding some guides for mixing colours for oil painting which were helpful in getting the basics right.

eg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNB3XY67Q-I

Metrofreak
Mar 17, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Mech 9 has a rough cross brand matrix.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Anyone have the rules for the contest? I can't seem to find them.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Anything based on the 30 minute mission, closes 30th March. That's it!

Metrofreak
Mar 17, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Keep meaning to post this fucker, keep forgetting. Gotta get all the accessories painted, see if I want to do any decals, then it's weathering time :getin:
not like I have anything better to do for the next two weeks.

Gonna be fun to get this bad boy kitted back up.

Metrofreak fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Mar 18, 2020

Veotax
May 16, 2006

My PG Exia has arrived, so I think I have a project now for next week since I'm not leaving the house for next week at least.

Hilariously the actual kit which I ordered from Japan has shown up, but not the lights that I ordered from the store in London that I could have brought in person, if I didn't have a chest infection (also y'know, the pandemic). Hopefully that should arrive tomorrow.

Surprised that it only has stickers though. Thought that with it being the "best" grade it would have had waterslides. I do want to use actual panel-lining paint rather than markers and top coat it at some point, so maybe I'll track down some third-party decals or something.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Bill Posters posted:

I've found the colour guides to be a bit hit and miss even using the intended Mr Hobby Aqueous paints.

I initially started looking for scale modelling specific guides for paint mixing but wasn't able to come up with much. I ended up finding some guides for mixing colours for oil painting which were helpful in getting the basics right.

eg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNB3XY67Q-I

Awesome, thanks.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Veotax posted:

My PG Exia has arrived, so I think I have a project now for next week since I'm not leaving the house for next week at least.

Hilariously the actual kit which I ordered from Japan has shown up, but not the lights that I ordered from the store in London that I could have brought in person, if I didn't have a chest infection (also y'know, the pandemic). Hopefully that should arrive tomorrow.

Surprised that it only has stickers though. Thought that with it being the "best" grade it would have had waterslides. I do want to use actual panel-lining paint rather than markers and top coat it at some point, so maybe I'll track down some third-party decals or something.

The detail stickers are mostly for once the kit is finished. A lot of them are for the gems in the chest, head, elbows, and knees.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I was told to stay home for my shift last night, and I'll probably be told to stay home for my shift tonight :ohdear:

So in preparation I picked up a RG Sazabi to go with my RG Nu Gundam!

Also, who said there's a MG Barbatos shortage?

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I want to go to there.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Puddin posted:

I want to go to there.

Yodobashi in Osaka, 5th floor, between the life size Kenshiro and the escalators :v:

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I wash going to say the layout looks like a Yodabashi, not sure if anyone's getting out of our country for the moment so fat chance for me :(.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Well it's a good thing I grabbed that Sazabi today, no work for me until Monday :ohdear: