Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JohnnyHardcore
Jan 15, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

If you've never watched the movie, you should. It's set in the real world. Everyone plays themselves, but in an extreme caricature fashion. Everyone in hollywood is an idiot first, a coward second, and a complete piece of poo poo.

In the context of the film it makes absolute perfect sense that Tatum would cling to McBride's dick.

Except for Emma Watson, she just doesn't want to get raped. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

My boot camp platoon watched This is the End during some down time we had during Marine Week which was a weird as hell experience.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

JohnnyHardcore posted:

Except for Emma Watson, she just doesn't want to get raped. :colbert:

You miss the point of why the gently caress is she still around???

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My dad's in-laws think this is a great time to come up from Iowa to go snowmobiling and keep telling my stepmom that it's all overblown.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Casimir Radon posted:

My dad's in-laws think this is a great time to come up from Iowa to go snowmobiling and keep telling my stepmom that it's all overblown.

Call the police on granosin-laws.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mr. Nice! posted:

If you've never watched the movie, you should. It's set in the real world. Everyone plays themselves, but in an extreme caricature fashion. Everyone in hollywood is an idiot first, a coward second, and a complete piece of poo poo.

In the context of the film it makes absolute perfect sense that Tatum would cling to McBride's dick.

I have seen it. He could still do better.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

It's almost funny that pretty much the only population vulnerable to this thing (olds) are also the ones most likely to think it's all hype, no big deal, etc. I guess they have to think that way or the cognitive dissonance of their years of voting against any socialized healthcare or worker protections and for cutting all government funding and safety nets will catch up to them.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Imagined posted:

It's almost funny that pretty much the only population vulnerable to this thing (olds) are also the ones most likely to think it's all hype, no big deal, etc. I guess they have to think that way or the cognitive dissonance of their years of voting against any socialized healthcare or worker protections and for cutting all government funding and safety nets will catch up to them.

I think it's more a mentality of "I survived the Cold War/AIDS epidemic/Cuban Missile Crisis/Vietnam War/whatever so this doesn't scare me."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Vietnam era veteran

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Vietnam era veteran
Actual hat I've seen:
proud brother of
Vietnam Veteran

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Shooting Blanks posted:

I think it's more a mentality of "I survived the Cold War/AIDS epidemic/Cuban Missile Crisis/Vietnam War/whatever so this doesn't scare me."

Also - old people don't think they are old.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Meanwhile I've felt old since I was in my late teens

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Apparently real estate agents down in Boca are getting driven around the twist by old New Yorkers wanting to escape south, so some old farts are worried.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Imagined posted:

They names their son Maverick. It's not a nickname, that's his loving legal name.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

not caring here posted:

Apparently real estate agents down in Boca are getting driven around the twist by old New Yorkers wanting to escape south, so some old farts are worried.

People think the virus won't be able to thrive in hot areas.

They are basing this thinking on literally nothing apart from "flu season is the winter".

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Imagined posted:

My old man has cancer and has mostly self isolated for the last 4+ months due to chemo... He's good. Me? I'm pretty sure I caught the kung flu and it loving sucks. Home isolation for two weeks at minimum.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Wibla posted:

the kung flu

Holy poo poo how have I not heard this yet

:discourse:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Memento posted:

Holy poo poo how have I not heard this yet

:discourse:

:sun:

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Seen a few racist friend-of-friends use it on Facebook so maybe you just don't hang out with the right (wrong) kind of scum

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

I thought it was funny, didn't think about a racism angle to it.

I guess I'll go back to wallowing in isolation with a fever :v:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Internet Wizard posted:

Seen a few racist friend-of-friends use it on Facebook so maybe you just don't hang out with the right (wrong) kind of scum

I didn't really think of a racist connotation to it, but I guess as a white dude from Australia that's not surprising.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Memento posted:

They are basing this thinking on literally nothing apart from "flu season is the winter".

And the Philippines outbreak should put an end to that.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

PCjr sidecar posted:

And the Philippines outbreak should put an end to that.

As if they’d pay attention to the other side of the world while real estate shopping.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Imagined posted:

It's almost funny that pretty much the only population vulnerable to this thing (olds) are also the ones most likely to think it's all hype, no big deal, etc.

Where I'm at, most neighborhood food places have either shut their doors or gone takeout only. Was getting prepackaged gelato to go and there was an elderly woman in line who was upset they weren't giving out tastings/samples today. I mean, there's already a confirmed case in a nursing home here but roll those dice, lady.

Had a coworker bitching that the local gym was canceling classes and observing an occupancy maximum set by the "big brother" governor. I said "yeah,what an rear end in a top hat. Who does he think he is, a doctor?" he is

https://www.wtvr.com/gov-northam-declares-public-health-emergency-to-enforce-10-patron-limit

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Mar 18, 2020

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
My county just said no more access to parks and beaches and there is probably gonna be a riot over it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Memento posted:

They're basing it on something trump said

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

not caring here posted:

My county just said no more access to parks and beaches and there is probably gonna be a riot over it.

Strange, that's the opposite of what they're doing in New York. Well, I think beaches may be closed, but parks not, as long as you keep your distance.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Memento posted:

I didn't really think of a racist connotation to it, but I guess as a white dude from Australia that's not surprising.

Gotcha. If you'd just said you were australian from the beginning we would all have known you're racist.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

It's gonna be a fight to have isolation measures persist into the summer. Everyone's gonna have grown bored with it and want to hang out in the sun and have barbecues etc. Even having heard of gramps dying sans ventilator in the hallway of / tent outside a hospital in April / May probably won't prevent that.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Been calling it the Kung Flu since it was only in the PRC. Nothing racist about it, that joke is 100% meat and no fat.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Casimir Radon posted:

They names their son Maverick. It's not a nickname, that's his loving legal name.

My divination: Becomes an aviator, callsign Todd. It doesn't stand for anything, just brings balance to the force.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Been calling it the Kung Flu since it was only in the PRC. Nothing racist about it, that joke is 100% meat and no fat.

That's the same thing all the alt-right trolls are calling it so maybe you should stop

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

That's the same thing all the alt-right trolls are calling it so maybe you should stop

from what I've seen the alt-right is mostly calling it the Chinese Flu because they really want to push the narrative that it was caused by and is spread by Chinese people, since it's causing a spike in anti-Asian racism

kung flu and winnie the flu, which I've also heard, are pretty much immediately recognizable as jokes and were mostly used by people trying to brush it off or make light of the situation without racial motives, as opposed to the continuous repetition of "chinese flu, china virus, wuhan flu, etc." that I've seen from people who are saying "this is the apocalypse and it's china's fault, shun all chinese people for your own safety"

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Yes, a joke where you combine the word "flu" with the words "kung fu", which has absolutely nothing to do with China, is less racist than calling it "the Chinese flu"

Sure

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
guys ask Shim about his opinions on eastern europeans if you really want to go down a racist rabbit hole

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

cock hero flux posted:

from what I've seen the alt-right is mostly calling it the Chinese Flu because they really want to push the narrative that it was caused by and is spread by Chinese people, since it's causing a spike in anti-Asian racism

kung flu and winnie the flu, which I've also heard, are pretty much immediately recognizable as jokes and were mostly used by people trying to brush it off or make light of the situation without racial motives, as opposed to the continuous repetition of "chinese flu, china virus, wuhan flu, etc." that I've seen from people who are saying "this is the apocalypse and it's china's fault, shun all chinese people for your own safety"

Don't be a piece of poo poo

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

it's not a flu

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

If influenza is a flu logically corona should be a ron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Get a grippe, we can't let this strain our relationships.