Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Posting because this amused me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Selachian posted:

Posting because this amused me.

This was posted in the staff bathroom where I work.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Woo hoo my university has shut down two weeks gonna read so many books

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Woo hoo my university has shut down two weeks gonna read so many books

we're shut for the rest of the semester and im having a panic attack about what this will do the academic job market so im going to stress-write an article and rush it out for publication in between bouts of binge drinking and destiny 2. not getting a lot of reading done is what ims aying

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

chernobyl kinsman posted:

we're shut for the rest of the semester and im having a panic attack about what this will do the academic job market so im going to stress-write an article and rush it out for publication in between bouts of binge drinking and destiny 2. not getting a lot of reading done is what ims aying

quote:

Furthermore, the plague's great population reduction brought cheaper land prices, more food for the average peasant, and a relatively large increase in per capita income among the peasantry, if not immediately, in the coming century.[26]

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
i told my advisor i was worried about the effect of a virus-induced recession on the academic job market and his verbatim response was "don't worry, some old codgers will probably eat it and free up positions"

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
this is going to do incredible things for the forums. like an extended 9/11 that stretches for months, and everyone's under house arrest, worldwide

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i wish i was capable of making a webcomic/novel because now would be the perfect time to launch one. in fact i think that will be a booming genre in months to come. a vein of purestrain outsider art is about to be tapped and we will be basking in its glow for centuries. shabbat shalom, my paper friends

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

just get hosed up and start writing my friend

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

NaCoWriMo

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Krankenstyle posted:

just get hosed up and start writing my friend
let's all make a resolution

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

hallelujah posted:

let's all make a resolution

deal

what are the terms

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

chernobyl kinsman posted:

Lucky ducky! We just had classes canceled today and have the weekend to figure out how to deliver lab-based content virtually, with those classes starting on Monday :suicide:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Krankenstyle posted:

deal

what are the terms

To hell with sobriety?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Bilirubin posted:

To hell with sobriety?

thats always a crowd pleaser

if im writing a book, its gonna be airport material

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

How long has the forum name been the Book Bam?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

professor metis posted:

How long has the forum name been the Book Bam?

From the beginning.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Jerry Cotton posted:

From the beginning.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
https://twitter.com/SketchesbyBoze/status/1239312915422986244?s=20

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I started reading The Secret of the Kingdom and it's very Jesusy instead of being a nice political thriller.

I was too dumb to realize it meant that kingdom.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Hereby petitioning HA to change this thread's subtitle to "Catch the reading bug!"

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

i’m too restless to read, and every learning platform is so poo poo that I can’t grade any student work because every single high schooler in the country is logging in and trying to hand in work at the same time

on the plus side, I’ve played a whole bunch of Ori on my switch today

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Yeah, I feel too restless for any serious reading too. I find rewatching old F1 races really calming. And long walks in the woods. I’ve barely read 50 pages in the last week or so.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I've just started reading James Tate. His prose poetry is of a good length to feel like you're reading something substantial without taking much time. Also it's extremely good!

FPyat
Jan 17, 2020
Jesus Christ, it's taken me months to realize that this is the Book Bam and not the Book Barn.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Wayback says it was still "Barn" in January.

Edit: Google's cache has "Barn" last week.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Mar 19, 2020

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

FPyat posted:

Jesus Christ, it's taken me months to realize that this is the Book Bam and not the Book Barn.

It says Barn right there, are you sure your screen is working right?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

FPyat posted:

make sure your browser isn't zoomed in. it can sometimes mess with the font's keming.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

hallelujah posted:

i wish i was capable of making a webcomic/novel because now would be the perfect time to launch one. in fact i think that will be a booming genre in months to come. a vein of purestrain outsider art is about to be tapped and we will be basking in its glow for centuries. shabbat shalom, my paper friends

Will Felafel be a main character

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Dash Rendar posted:

make sure your browser isn't zoomed in. it can sometimes mess with the font's keming.

Awful app resets zoorn level when you load a thread page tho

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

The administration would like to formally apologize for any keming issues while we work to beautify the forums

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I feel like the forum name changes are trying to gaslight me in to believing I have dyslexia

large_gourd
Jan 17, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is there an audiobook thread here? i just got the audible free trial and i want to listen to a book at work when i'm moving around.

i figure i could just find something i'm interested in reading and check if it has an audiobook version but i figure i'd ask.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

And I had just gotten used to the Book Bam

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

How could you do this to me

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

professor metis posted:

How could you do this to me

They made their mistakes....

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Stay tuned for The Book Bairns

which could make a good gang tag, actually...

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
From A Buick Barn

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Bük Bårn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

please don’t use names from genre fiction, it’s bad enough that the sub forum is 90% fantasy megathreads