Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Is it too early to start looting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
No just wear PPE while you loot toilet paper right off the loading dock

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

my brother has it

and apparently he cant talk

hes supposed to be my big brother and my rock wtf

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

The Cockler posted:

Videos of people breaking into businesses and exploring like they're unboxing a lootcrate is going to become popular, I guarantee it

"This place...looks like some sort of bar. Oh wait - it's a strip club! Let's see what's in the fridge...vaginal contraceptives and lemons!"

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
this virus exists because of all the Funko Pops people bought.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

haunted bong posted:

my brother has it

and apparently he cant talk

hes supposed to be my big brother and my rock wtf

I am so sorry to hear that. Thinking positive thoughts for you and him.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Louisgod posted:

this checks out

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
Really disappointed in the increase in sinophobia I've been seeing recently. Even in this thread, some of you guys need to cut that poo poo out.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Busy Bee posted:

Really disappointed in the increase in sinophobia I've been seeing recently. Even in this thread, some of you guys need to cut that poo poo out.

Uh I got this mr.

Report and move on from the backseat

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Duck and Cover posted:

https://time.com/5805953/home-covid-19-test-everlywell/

Choo choo here comes the capitalism train all aboard! I'm kind of surprised it's as cheap as it is.

I would be careful trusting this company. As a friend of mine of FB who has worked with them put it: "I wouldn't trust anything these guys put out. It will be an LDT from a third party lab. The test itself will not be FDA cleared. They have (up until now) existed on the periphery of legality by testing for nutritional issues and peripheral health issues as opposed to actual diagnostically relevant testing. They keep prices low by contracting with third party, fly-by-night labs, and distance themselves from actual liability. There is a reason they are cheap and accessible."

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Was this posted yet

https://twitter.com/RespectableLaw/status/1240864941839712257?s=19

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Rust Martialis posted:

You mom sounds like a good person.

She is.

She taught me that if you're a good person that the world will take and take and dry you out to a husk. You'll never have free time to relax or be around for your children but you have to keep doing it or you'll be letting everyone down and you made these commitments. Even though you're miserable.

At one point she was president of the Summer Playground program, on the board of the historic building next door, and doing groundskeeping and management for a loving cemetery.

All completely thankless. All for free. Because no one else was willing to do it. That was the high water mark, but a dozen other commitments came and went.

So I guess that touched a nerve. I hope this doesn't get her killed.

Edit: And I'm not just a selfish monster. I volunteered with food pantry, was president of NHS, German honor society, yearbook, literary magazine, student newspaper, BSA troop leader. And I had to work 20 hours a week.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

We played our first dnd session over Roll20 yesterday instead of meeting, it worked great and was a lot of fun, but people got a lot more drunk than usual. So far people here in German seem to be coping well, but there's a lot of talk right now about people being inconciderate dicks and not staying home or keeping distance.

Hobestly we went shopping yesterday too and I will avoid this as much as possible now, as the store was packed with people and especially super old people seemed to not give a gently caress! I really try to avoid coming too near to people currently but I'm the only one it seems. While jogging it was the same, I kept a lot of space between us and then saw people tm doing group exercise in the park :ughh:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Louisgod posted:

Sir, I believe you'll find that although the current spread is linked with Funko Pops, the true seeds of this pandemic were planted decades ago with the introduction of Homies minifigs.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Tesco have arranged the self checkouts so that no two are enabled next to each other but that's gonna do gently caress all when people are literally pressed up against you in the queue because there are so many people stripping the shelves.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/1240716348939833344?s=19

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Sir, I believe you'll find that although the current spread is linked with Funko Pops, the true seeds of this pandemic were planted decades ago with the introduction of Homies minifigs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORE2kqA1HD8

If you haven't seen this yet this video on Homies is fascinating

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Paging Madame Guillotine

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

unpacked robinhood posted:

Paging Madame Guillotine

https://twitter.com/Paulmd199/statu...ingawful.com%2F

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Son of Rodney posted:

We played our first dnd session over Roll20 yesterday instead of meeting, it worked great and was a lot of fun, but people got a lot more drunk than usual. So far people here in German seem to be coping well, but there's a lot of talk right now about people being inconciderate dicks and not staying home or keeping distance.

Hobestly we went shopping yesterday too and I will avoid this as much as possible now, as the store was packed with people and especially super old people seemed to not give a gently caress! I really try to avoid coming too near to people currently but I'm the only one it seems. While jogging it was the same, I kept a lot of space between us and then saw people tm doing group exercise in the park :ughh:

Yup it sucks, the stores here close at 8 pm and I went in at 7.30, which meant it was almost empty, but of course several things are sold out by then (at the fresh meat counter, the rest is no problem).
I expect shelter at home on Monday for all of us ....and to see a lot of people going shopping to spend the time.

The problem is people don't learn their lesson because they are not punished for their wrongdoing, i.e. not affected by corona themselves. And then they parade around afterwards touting how everybody else was paranoid and it wasn't all that bad.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6NvTF0hTJY

I found a banger for these trying times.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

The Cockler posted:

steal if you must when your survival is a stake

looters will be given no mercy

that being said if your local politicians arnt working for you but for the rich then off with their heads

cops better be careful which side they chose

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Mar 20, 2020

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

anarchy

https://twitter.com/Emily_R_King/status/1240473729974460416

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
I went to the local pharmacy today to grab a few toiletries, my bf asked me to grab a bottle of acetaminophen while I was there but the panic shoppers had already descended. There was a single bottle of acetaminophen left...1000 count. Tbh it wasn't an unreasonable price so I bought it anyway but I felt very silly walking to the register with it. The store had set up crates in front of the counter to keep distance from the cashiers which was good at least.
Anyways they did have a pretty good stock of toilet paper. Still no Lysol or anything though, and my work informed us we are in charge of bringing our own cleaning supplies and disinfecting the surfaces we come in contact with so uh. Yeah. That's fun.
Edit: this is in Brooklyn if that rule is still relevant.

21st Cherry boy fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Mar 20, 2020

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

lysol wipes should belong to the businesses that have to stay open so that society doesnt implode

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

come chill with me, in byob

The Cockler posted:

live to loot, loot to live (biker saying)

loot laugh love (inspirational aunt saying)

early looter gets no germs (productive worker saying)

a bean looted is worth two at the store (founding father saying)

loot quietly and carry a big stick (abraham lincoln?)

tis better to have looted and lost than never to have looted at all

loot is where you find it

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

owlhawk911 posted:

live to loot, loot to live (biker saying)

loot laugh love (inspirational aunt saying)

early looter gets no germs (productive worker saying)

a bean looted is worth two at the store (founding father saying)

loot quietly and carry a big stick (abraham lincoln?)

tis better to have looted and lost than never to have looted at all

loot is where you find it

I'm going to ask "is it too early to start looting" again in another hundred or two pages

soupy.
Jun 2, 2019

Burt Sexual posted:

Uh I got this mr.

Report and move on from the backseat

How is saying "I'm disappointed in your racism" backseat modding?

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

soupy. posted:

*loudly from the back seat* "MOD SASS! MOD SASS!!

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

soupy. posted:

Idk if it's backseat modding but vague undirected accusations are useless.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Aw crap my mom who is a nurse in a Connecticut nursing home says they have a lot of residents with coughing and fevers but no tests, and no masks or gowns for the staff.

Kharohz
Jul 25, 2007

THE BELL TOLLS FOR THEE
Quarantine, lol don't you worry folks, I do IT for a hardware store and cover 10 sites in a 100 mile radius. What could possibly go wrong?

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I can report that the local ethnic store is fully stocked with rice, lentils and beans (also a lot of canned stuff available). While 250m away the large grocery chain always runs out on those.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Helios Grime posted:

I can report that the local ethnic store

What is is an ethnic store ? Is it a grocery store where they have little bags of spices à a tenth of the price ?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Honey I'm going to the ethnic store, want anything ethnic while I'm there ?

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Just your local Indian/Chinese/African food store? I was under the impression calling them ethnic store was ok?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Some glimmer of hope for us Euros, doubling rate in Ger, Fra, Aut, Spa is still high at every 3-4 days (Italy 5) but slowing down across the board.
Skorea stable at 2 months.
US is turbofucked as more test kits are finally coming in with a 2 day doubling rate, which is actually accelerating (very bad).

Source is sz.de who process raw data from johns hopkins.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Mar 20, 2020

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

This is just panic mongering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Illuminti posted:

This is just panic mongering

Don't worry we will find out in a few weeks if it is or not....