Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1240826963897356288?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'm watching the latest DG Infinity and even though I can't speak Japanese Eita bullying Big R even in victory is making me sad

Okuda going ham on Ishida ruled though.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 21, 2020

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Watched the last two matches from Judgement, and wow that main event was amazing. Takeshita is always great, and Tanaka more than held up his end. It defies belief that he looks just as good as he did 20 years ago, albeit with more horrifying forehead scars.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

If you're around tomorrow there is a Dragon Gate show live on their network! Line up from the English DG Facebook page

March 22nd, 2020
Hyogo, Kobe Sambo Hall
Glorious Gate 2020
Empty Arena Event
Dragon Gate Network Live - 17:00 JST/08:00 GMT/04:00 EST/01:00 PST

1. KAI & Punch Tominaga & Jimmy vs. YAMATO & Jason Lee & Ho Ho Lun
2. 3 Way Match
Kagetora vs. Kota Minoura vs. Kazma Sakamoto
3. Ben-K & Keisuke Okuda vs. Strong Machine J & Oji Shiiba
4. Toryumon vs. R・E・D
Ultimo Dragon & Dragon Kid vs. H・Y・O & Diamante
5. Toryumon vs. R・E・D
Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino vs. BxB Hulk & Takashi Yoshida
6. DRAGONGATE vs. R・E・D
Kzy & Yosuke♡Santa Maria & Dragon Dia vs. Eita & Big R Shimizu & Kaito Ishida

Not exactly a must see show to be honest, though the all DG tag match of Ben-K & Okuda vs J & Shiiba is interesting. Also be nice to see Jimmy back in Japan. Will miss Martin Kirby from my DG undercards though, sad he retired.

Theoretically there's an All Japan show on Monday & that's more of a must see, but apparently Gaora TV have pulled out from filming it? Anyway, card is from the r/AJPW

March 23rd 2020
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Dream Power Series
AJPW TV Live - 18:30 JST/09:30 GMT/05:30 EST/02:30 PST

Hokuto Omori & Tatsuya Hanami [2AW] vs. Rising HAYATO & Dan Tamura
Evolution (Shuji Ishikawa, Hikaru Sato, & Yusuke Okada) vs. Tsugutaka Sato, Black Menso~re, & Francisco Akira
Jun Akiyama, Takao Omori, & Osamu Nishimuura vs. Yoshitatsu, TAJIRI, & Jinsei Shinzaki [M-Pro]
KAI, Zeus, & Yuma Aoyagi vs. Ryouji Sai, Ayato Yoshida, & Gianni Valletta
All Asia Tag Team Championship
JIN (Jake Lee & Koji Iwamoto) © vs. Yankee Two Kenju (Isami Kodaka & Yuko Miyamoto)
AJPW Junior Heavyweight Championship
Susumu Yokosuka vs Izanagi
Triple Crown
Kento Miyahara vs Suwama

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Mar 22, 2020

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Even if Japan is on the coronavirus downswing a triple crowd can't be a good idea

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Is the Champion Carnival still going ahead as planned then?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The AJPW card is live on AJPW.tv. GAORA aren't filming anything with a crowd for the sake of their employees.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Dragon Gate is going live in like a minute. Its on YouTube

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

DG having fun with their no crowd show, you've got Dragon Kid coming out all the Toryumon generation are at the barriers getting hugs and fist bumps & he signed an autograph for Genki Horiguchi!

Venomous posted:

Sounds like it? Stuff seems to be ramping back up in Japan though whether that lasts or not or if it'll turn out they've tried to cover it up and things have to go back into lockdown, who knows?

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Mar 22, 2020

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

I Before E posted:

Even if Japan is on the coronavirus downswing a triple crowd can't be a good idea

it's especially not a good idea since they certainly are NOT on a downswing

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Well as expected, DG was a bit of a nothing show but also it was just nice to have on in the background.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The entire DG show ended up being streamed on Youtube for free, which I didn't expect, & with English commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo8B5qfqzHU

They have some fun with the no fans stuff.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/DragonGateEN/status/1241601452260216832

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Gamma being a Punch fanboy is a wonderful joke.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Gamma being a Punch fanboy is a wonderful joke.

Absolutely loved that

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Venomous posted:

Nothing has yet been cancelled - assuming the current trajectory carries on I'd expect individual towns and buildings to cancel things (they run a lot of town halls and therefore some cities might make the call to cancel shows); I don't think the Sapporo show will happen considering the situation in Hokkaido (Big Japan had shows cancelled there recently) and Osaka and Nagoya seem to be worse hit than Tokyo so they might call things off as well; but the plan seems to be to run what they can. The quarantine rules will force changes in the people that are in the tournament: Gianni Valetta is apparently already in Japan so he'll be in the thing but Joel Redman, Davey Boy Smith Jr and (sadly) Lucas Steel aren't and would struggle to clear quarantine by the opening night so even if they could get a flight and were willing to go then they'd have to change cards and if they aren't willing to do or able to get there then that's three spots you have to fill in short notice.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Hokkaido lifted the state of emergency

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

March 23rd 2020
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Dream Power Series
AJPW TV Live - 18:30 JST/09:30 GMT/05:30 EST/02:30 PST

Hokuto Omori & Tatsuya Hanami [2AW] vs. Rising HAYATO & Dan Tamura
Evolution (Shuji Ishikawa, Hikaru Sato, & Yusuke Okada) vs. Tsugutaka Sato, Black Menso~re, & Francisco Akira
Jun Akiyama, Takao Omori, & Osamu Nishimuura vs. Yoshitatsu, TAJIRI, & Jinsei Shinzaki [M-Pro]
KAI, Zeus, & Yuma Aoyagi vs. Ryouji Sai, Ayato Yoshida, & Gianni Valletta
All Asia Tag Team Championship
JIN (Jake Lee & Koji Iwamoto) © vs. Yankee Two Kenju (Isami Kodaka & Yuko Miyamoto)
AJPW Junior Heavyweight Championship
Susumu Yokosuka vs Izanagi
Triple Crown
Kento Miyahara vs Suwama

This goes live in just under 2.5 hours. If Kento wins be breaks Kawada's defence record to stand alone as having the most successful Triple Crown reign ever.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

It's starting now. God it's nice to see Korakuen again even if it's half empty.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Somehow I just realised how WWE that team is. Tajiri (whose name my phone keeps insisting is Tahiti), Yoshitatsu and Jinsei Shinsaki aka Hakushi

Loving that AJPW are clearly saying gently caress it to censoring music so I can laugh at Sai for coming out to The Offspring

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Mar 23, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Going on record here, Zeus vs Yoshida will rule.

And talking of Zeus, Gianni is in Purple Haze? I missed that.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Mar 23, 2020

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Do All Japan have English commentary currently?

Weighing up whether to look at subscribing or not.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Do All Japan have English commentary currently?

Weighing up whether to look at subscribing or not.

No, but they also are incredibly easy to follow without speaking Japanese. There's very few in-ring promos, and when there are you can get the gist, it's probably just champions next challenger coming out to challenge.

I recommend subbing for April, check the Carnival and see how you like it. But you will probably like it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Holy poo poo.

Wow

Okada seems happier for his bud than Suwama is

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Mar 23, 2020

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

huh. So I guess Nomura was actually supposed to stop the Kento. drat.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Suwama was always meant to Stop The Kento because this was his night: it was his destiny to win the Triple Crown again.

They announced 1,213 as the attendance which is on the high end of what I expected.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'm really surprised they did it. Felt like him winning was inevitable and then dropping it in the Korakuen in May after CC. And then I was shouting holy poo poo when that 3 count happened.

Jesus Nomura you unlucky bastard.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

tbh I kinda expect Suwama to hold until Nomura comes back

I predict that Kento will win the CC, lose the rematch at Korakuen, then Suwama will likely go through his CC losses (one of whom is certain to be Gianni Valletta, gently caress yeahhhhh the Maltese Rikidozan is gonna get his moment) until Nomura returns to the biggest pop in the world and a burning desire to win the goddamn belt

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Give Sugiura the Carnival imhf

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Give Sugiura the Carnival imhf

actually this tbh

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/EasternLariat/status/1242750498207338497?s=20

So even if the CC happens it won't have Redman, Steele or DBS Jr in it.

I choose to believe this is the universe insisting that actually the Champion Carnival needs Jun Akiyama.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

This is, of course, how we get Kento/Kaito

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Korakuen Hall is not hosting any events with an audience now. Just got a LINE message from TAKA Michinoku saying JUST TAP OUT is cancelled. I imagine Sunday's NOAH goes ahead as a No People Gate show because it's airing live on DDT Universe.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Looking forward to copping the limited edition JTO "JUST STAY IN" shirt

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
gently caress wrong thread. Have a Brookes tweet.

https://twitter.com/OBEYBrookes/status/1242725003998584834

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/noah_ghc/status/1242814129682829312?s=19

Jist is that the NOAH Korakuen on the 29th is cancelled. Meaning another postponement of Shiozaki vs Fujita

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It's not cancelled. It's happening with no spectators. It's live on DDT Universe

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Oh right, enough. I didn't read the translation properly. "Following a request from Tokyo to cancel the event at the Tokyo venue this weekend, it was decided on March 29 that the Korakuen Hall Game..." and just stopped there & assumed it meant they'd cancelled. Oh well, happy enough with an empty arena show.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Takao Omori has taken one of the three vacant spots in this year's Champion Carnival caused by DBS Jr., Lucas Steel and Joel Redman being unable to travel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/jun0917start/status/1243516730158317568