Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Non Serviam posted:

The NYT had an op ed about how selective quarantines might be better, since it would focus our resources on those who need them most.

While on paper this might work, and even lead to less of those in the at risk group dying, I can't imagine a logistical method that would allow for an effective separation of those at risks while a vaccine or treatments are developed.

Yeah it would basically mean providing secure housing to the vulnerable population. What they did with folks from the plague ships, but for millions of people. If 1 person in your household has high risk factors, but other members of your household do not and so are required to return to work/school, that person has to go live alone somewhere. No visitors in or out, for at least a year.

I guess hotels? I imagine a lot of hotels are going to go under anyway. Some were already hurting or dying from trying to compete with airbnb, there's bound to be more now.

So they could offer the vulnerable solitary confinement in failed hotels. Even if it's well-funded that's going to be awful, so nobody will want to stay. Then we can all shrug when they die and say they brought it on themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Number says death time

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Are there other people who need vents that this scarcity could be impacting? I'm thinking CF patients, premature babies, other reduced lung function vases

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Yes. Other diseases don't slow down just because of one big one.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Adolf Glitter posted:

Watching granny's ventilator being switched of on Skype is some dark, dark poo poo

Actually the fact that the staff say they won't even have the time for that soon is awful too

Deactivate granny when enough people show up on a hangout event, with a timer in case people forget to attend.

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 24, 2020

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Blue tooth ventilators

Hopes Fall
Sep 10, 2006
HOLY BOOBS, BATMAN!

Hadlock posted:

My vote is Los Angeles or Oakland

Another rapidly growing option is New York City

New York has more new daily infections than any other country, and all other US states combined

Lotta people gonna die in NYC in about three weeks, would not want to be within 20 miles of the border of that city

A good friend of mine is currently in isolation due to presumptive positive in Queens; can't get a test because he's not high risk. He says he's fine, but I'm not buying what he's selling.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

JK Fresco posted:

NB: chloroquine phosphate is not the drug. Do NOT buy it and poison yourself

Give it a couple more weeks and people will be eating urinal cakes to get some of that sweet, precious Chlorine

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Hadlock posted:

My vote is Los Angeles or Oakland

Another rapidly growing option is New York City

New York has more new daily infections than any other country, and all other US states combined

Lotta people gonna die in NYC in about three weeks, would not want to be within 20 miles of the border of that city

I'm in brooklyn. Been nice knowing everyone. I'll be sure to spray paint some weird poo poo all over the walls of the apartment before I die as per the rules of all zombie media

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

zer0spunk posted:

I'm in brooklyn. Been nice knowing everyone. I'll be sure to spray paint some weird poo poo all over the walls of the apartment before I die as per the rules of all zombie media

Do some hidden treasure hunt! Don't hide the treasure but make it go to a real place so people think someone beat them or it's not the real answer.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Put some coins in flower pots, maybe a ham

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Pick posted:

Put some coins in flower pots, maybe a ham

Frozen ham, in the top tank of the toilet. No one will notice for a few weeks and it will smell rancid.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
you guys want me to prank the coroner that finds my decomposing corpse??

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

zer0spunk posted:

ok whats the plan

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

a mysterious cloak posted:

Seriously people, you do not need n95s. You know who does? I do, and all the people I work with. I'm in the room with covid patients every day and we have almost no n95s to go around. When we run out and I've got to collect a covid swab on somebody's mom, or dad, or kid, or grandparent, am I going to have to just pray they don't cough (they all do)? Then hope I don't give it to coworkers, or worse, my wife and son?

Stay home, wash your hands, cover your mouth when you cough and sneeze.

That's all true, but ordering from loving aliexpress isn't going to have any effect on the local supplies. If someone wants to be a panicky baby then buying from aliexpress or wish.com is the least harmful way to do so.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

ok whats the plan

no that was in response to ole ham hidey over there

pretty sure my dead body is going to hide the toilet meat smell prank bud

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

zer0spunk posted:

Oh, do you not normally smell like rotting ham?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

zer0spunk posted:

ye

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Maybe you need to eat more ham?

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

unpacked robinhood posted:

Deactivate granny when enough people show up on a hangout event, with a timer in case people forget to attend.

**Like and subscribe**

Google Butt posted:

Blue tooth ventilators

Internet Of Things monkey tennis

zer0spunk posted:

They've found corpses with a dildo up the butt before, you'll have to try harder

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 24, 2020

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?

Grape posted:

You have some very confused ideas of American geography.

Ok not on all sides, but still too many

And ya, some lakes in the way, but im not counting those

Stocky Manhood fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 24, 2020

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

zer0spunk posted:

No that is the point they get your body out and the smell doesn't go away so they have to start looking for it

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Oh, do you not normally smell like rotting ham?

you should 100% see a doctor

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

UK daily increase number went up from 900 yesterday to 1400 today, welp

600, 900, 1400...

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
but were in the timeline where biff tannen became president

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Stocky Manhood posted:

Ok not on all sides, but still too many

And ya, some lakes in the way, but im not counting those

No I mean like, you're surrounded by Ohio and Michigan and maybe Pennsylvania. Unless your idea of tip is something else.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

pixaal posted:

Frozen ham, in the top tank of the toilet. No one will notice for a few weeks and it will smell rancid.

Putting holes in the walls (or removing the cable TV faceplate) and dropping a pound of raw chicken or fish, then replacing the faceplate is nice

You need to put at least half a pound so it doesn't dry out in a day or two

Rooms will stink to high hell but not obvious location, have to pull the walls apart to clean them

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Earwicker posted:

if you are getting away by going out to the actual wilderness and wont be around other humans fine, but if you are going to a small backcountry town to "get away" like thousands of other brilliant people you are just going to die on a cot in an even more crowded school gymnasium or church

No I'm in a low density place with lots of food options that don't include crowding up a store, and the house can store a lot of stuff as opposed to our expensive shoebox. We do a supply run to a regular supermarket once a week and otherwise don't need to move out of the property.
If I'd stayed I'd be out every other day and get coughed at by plebs and geriatrics, nope.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Adolf Glitter posted:

UK daily increase number went up from 900 yesterday to 1400 today, welp

600, 900, 1400...

2200 tomorrow. C'mon, give us a Fibonacci!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
thats 900 not 800

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

zer0spunk posted:

Right before you die, swallow a ton of popcorn kernels, shove them up your rear end, your nose, as many as possible. Will be a nice surprise in the crematorium.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

JK Fresco posted:

Lol thr media is as dumb as those people who died eatinh fishtank cleaner
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1242410836670459907
NB: chloroquine phosphate is not the drug. Do NOT buy it and poison yourself

Is it a violation of the bloodlust rule to laugh at anyone dumb enough to believe anything president dipshit says, especially if it’s a recommendation to drink aquarium additives?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

gary oldmans diary posted:

thats 900 not 800
+300, 500, 800. Next total would be 2200.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Cuddly Tumblemumps posted:

edit:Possibility of lower basal body temps in sedentary (and obese) impacts what a fever is. We are, as a country, looking at lowering the average body temp due to lifestyle changes over the past 100-years.
The primary change is thought to be not having constant low-grade infections and chronic inflammation anymore https://time.com/5764051/normal-body-temperature-has-changed/

Beachcomber posted:

Isn't the census on pause?
First they mail everyone a questionnaire. You can answer by mailing it back or just going online. Then if you don't they send people door-to-door to get you to answer. All the door-to-door stuff is on hold, but you can still answer the questionnaire online or by mail.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Been feeling a little short of breath today but have no other symptoms at all of a covid19 infection

I think I've freaked myself out and the more I think about it the worse it gets. I can hold my breath for 30 seconds pretty easily and I heard that's a good sign I'm not drowning internally.. but when I'm just sitting around I randomly find myself catching my breath..

Remember me goons

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

The Duggler posted:

I think I've freaked myself out and the more I think about it the worse it gets. I can hold my breath for 30 seconds pretty easily and I heard that's a good sign I'm not drowning internally..

The source on that is a chain email saying someone’s smart uncle said that.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

The Duggler posted:

Been feeling a little short of breath today but have no other symptoms at all of a covid19 infection

I think I've freaked myself out and the more I think about it the worse it gets. I can hold my breath for 30 seconds pretty easily and I heard that's a good sign I'm not drowning internally.. but when I'm just sitting around I randomly find myself catching my breath..

Remember me goons

Maybe you’re just fat

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The Duggler posted:

Remember me goons

Even if you've just got a cold that means you've failed the hand washing test. Shame. Shame.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The Duggler posted:

Remember me goons

This is called anxiety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

The Duggler posted:

Remember me goons

Yeah the breath test is bullshit, pay no notice to that