Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TERFherder
Apr 26, 2010

уôðр ò шúурþòі úуûьúø

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Klungar posted:

Speaking of...

That is a bleak loving pessimistic outlook.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mastajake posted:

That is a bleak loving pessimistic outlook.

*looks at democratic presidential nominee joe biden*

He’s not wrong

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Until TGIFridays stops its pickup orders completely theres no way to be sure hes writing.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.
Was marathoning Z-Nation and happened upon the gurm episode. Was priceless.
(was that actually him?)

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yes.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Well, I suppose signing his name counts as "writing". Right?

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

hobbesmaster posted:

*looks at democratic presidential nominee joe biden*

He’s not wrong

Oh it's bad. But is it Westeros in A Feast for Crows bad?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The 2020 presidential election is gonna be awesome because we get to pick our favorite flavor of 70 year old white dude rapist.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
RIP GRRM.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Today I learned there was a character in ASoIaF called Nimble Dick and now I wonder how I could ever have forgotten that

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Rarity posted:

Today I learned there was a character in ASoIaF called Nimble Dick and now I wonder how I could ever have forgotten that

Because he's in Brienne's very forgettable AFFC chapters.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Or if you went the audiobook route, Bryeene.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Mameluke posted:

Thirty posts in this horrid thread and only a few are about the fact that GRRM is loving writing :woop:

He literally has no excuse for like the next two months or so given he literally can't leave the house and the book is guaranteed to not be out by the end of this year. It's been over 10 years since the 1st half of the last book was released and almost 10 years (if it gets to june of next year that's a decade) since ADWD.

He doesn't want to finish. FFS he's writing like he is finished doing all the ASOIAF spinoffs & worldbuilding.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Nimble Dick Crabb is one of the few redeeming points of that book

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rarity posted:

I’m sorry I asked you to do this.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

mastajake posted:

Or if you went the audiobook route, Bryeene.

I'll never forgive the show for changing the Dornish from Glaswegian.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

nine-gear crow posted:

I’m sorry I asked you to do this.

I feel dirty

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I wonder what Nimble Dick would have done in the event of a global pandemic. I bet he'd have been one of those idiots who didn't socially distance :thunkher:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The showrunners appeared as park technicians with robot Drogon on Westworld.

I know this sounds fake but it actually happened.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

tormund was also there

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
What comes first, The Winds or Winter or the corona vaccine.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ague Proof posted:

What comes first, The Winds or Winter or the corona vaccine.

Oof, good question. I'm gonna pull a fast one and bet that A Dream of Spring will come out before both of them.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TOOT BOOT posted:

The showrunners appeared as park technicians with robot Drogon on Westworld.

I know this sounds fake but it actually happened.

Their cameo involved one of them taking a giant buzz saw to Drogon. It was a metaphor for how they utterly butcher the show.

Seriously this must have been a pity gig because I’m legit surprised that anyone in Hollywood wants to be associated with those two bozos anymore.

Stubb Dogg
Feb 16, 2007

loskat naamalle

nine-gear crow posted:

Their cameo involved one of them taking a giant buzz saw to Drogon. It was a metaphor for how they utterly butcher the show.

Seriously this must have been a pity gig because I’m legit surprised that anyone in Hollywood wants to be associated with those two bozos anymore.
With coronavirus lockdowns and travel bans, there's going to be gently caress all of big production Hollywood left anymore after few months, probably only thing running anymore are Nigerian Nollywood productions.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

nine-gear crow posted:

Those two bozos happen to have very powerful parents, literally nobody cares that they did a terrible job.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

PittTheElder posted:

Those two bozos happen to have very powerful parents, literally nobody cares that they did a terrible job.

Star Wars cared. Maybe. Who knows. I remember we were making fun of them for that for awhile anyways.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

PittTheElder posted:

This is why I'm sure they got the question who is Jon Snow's mother (that is a terrible question to choose who should write your show btw) from somebody in advance and just looked up the answer.

It's super obvious they just skimmed the books for "cool" moments,not even bothering to have like 2 interns read it for them.

Like they did a 10 million dollar pilot it was their 1st time doing tv and they hosed up,and they got more money

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Klungar posted:

Speaking of...

What does he loving need a staff member for now that there is no football to change the channels for?

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

*Six months ago, somewhere in a secret bioweapon lab*

'Dammit! There's got to be someway to get him to finish the next book.............waiiiiiiittttttt a minute'

*Leans forward and deliberately knocks over vial marked Bio-Hazard*

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

It’s like logan lucky but instead of prison it’s everyone coming out of quarantine

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SirKibbles posted:

This is why I'm sure they got the question who is Jon Snow's mother (that is a terrible question to choose who should write your show btw) from somebody in advance and just looked up the answer.

It's super obvious they just skimmed the books for "cool" moments,not even bothering to have like 2 interns read it for them.

Like they did a 10 million dollar pilot it was their 1st time doing tv and they hosed up,and they got more money

They paid a bunch of money to get professional actors who all read at least enough of the first book to know what to do. That got them through a couple of seasons when there was still strong content.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

drat Tormund got the covid.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Well, I've about finished all of Baldur's Gate (poor poor Imoen) and need a new something, so I'll try and finish the last chunks of my Clash of Kinks chapters. There were three escalating battles left to write.

Since my random plea for a Romanian worked out so well I'll just hurl this into the void:

Does anyone know how to Storytell/DM a combat scene online in V20 Dark Ages? That's my preferred system for battle #1.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
So, it's a great shame that the stars didn't align just right for GoT season 8 production to be stalled and forever delayed due to the corona pandemic; I hope that due to the nature of quantum probabilities that are infinite universes where the bad thread is exploding with glee.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

emanresu tnuocca posted:

So, it's a great shame that the stars didn't align just right for GoT season 8 production to be stalled and forever delayed due to the corona pandemic; I hope that due to the nature of quantum probabilities that are infinite universes where the bad thread is exploding with glee.

If only ...

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

emanresu tnuocca posted:

oh my god

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
you've literally done the impossible in coming up with a satisfying ending to the tv show

I kinda feel at peace now about this whole thing. A solution exists, even if our world didn't get to see it. Not ending *is* the song of ice and fire.

Horatius Bonar
Sep 8, 2011

The one thing that brought together book readers and show watchers was all hating it in the end. And really isn't that what it's all about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

Horatius Bonar posted:

The one thing that brought together book readers and show watchers was all hating it in the end. And really isn't that what it's all about?

Remember when show watchers had meltdowns because book readers were spoiling things?

Brothers in arms. Or something.