Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Drunk watching the latest Star Wars with my brother. I got high and watched it already but turned it off during the finale. Hopefully alcohol will improve what weed could not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

You’ll just be yelling at the screen louder drunk than you would have been high.

its not a terrible movie if you like big set piece action sequences but if you’re a Star Wars fan hoooo boy you’re gonna have some opinions

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Is that thing on Disney+ yet

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
It really feels like it lacks a coherent plot and was just a bunch of sequences slapped together that JJ Abrams thought looked cool

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Also GLaDOS Palpatine

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

It really feels like it lacks a coherent plot and was just a bunch of sequences slapped together that JJ Abrams thought looked cool

He had a lot of poo poo to walk back from the previous movie.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Today I remembered that online gaming is now legal in Pennsylvania so I've been playing a bunch of .02/.05 No Limit. Outside of office games, don't think I've played poker in 6 years.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Is that thing on Disney+ yet

No, they released Frozen 2 early but they're still raking in PPV money from this one

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Uggggggggggggggggh

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Man until Winnie the Flu happened I forgot how fun it was to make gin and tonics at home.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I was gonna go for the full Leonidas, but it got itchy. Back to the regularly scheduled program, I guess.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

gonna go full on Venom Snake for my Quarantine makeover

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Important work from home recommendations:

Morning Coffee Ambrosia: 50% hot coffee, 25% irish cream (carolina's since baileys is expensive and you can't notice the taste difference), 25% Grind espresso liquor

Afternoon Hpnotiq martine: 1 Hpnotiq, 1 Gin, 1 Tequila, 1 cointreau (or triple sec to save $) 3-4 ginger beer, splash of either pineapple or grapefruit juice

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Not only is Michelle Branch still a thing, she did a cover of Creep?

(random notes from SquirrelyPSU's WFH Music Tour)

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
She's also half of "The Wreckers" but I don't think they're together anymore.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

She's also half of "The Wreckers" but I don't think they're together anymore.

I may have to look into that. I've always liked her voice.

Also Florence and the Machine getting a lot of play this week.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I still have a huge crush on Michelle Branch. Def listen to the Wreckers if you don't mind country and want to join in on the crush. The other half is Jessica Harp, not "widely" known for anything solo but still a good picking partner to Michelle. And they had two or three hits on country charts a few years back. You're going to know "leave the pieces" immediately, it was everywhere for a while years ago.

At some point I want to see Michelle Branch live. Whether she has Harp or Santera in tow doesn't matter. I really just need to go to a festival again, period, I think she makes those rounds these days.

I just really need a festival show in my life again. Three or four days of weed, shrooms, and live music, I'll sit through a lot of stuff and definitely enjoy it more with a blunt. I'm too old for Bonnaroo again, 2009 was seeing the aging out writing on the wall. Junior Brown put on a great show, the two dudes from Zeppelin put in a 45 minute rendition of dazed and confused. Brazilian Girls was alright. Damien Rice solidified future ticket purchases from me at 2007 Bonnaroo. Coheed and cambria in 2009 is a shroom blur, but Snoop had the entire crowd smoke cloud rolling.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf6DM3VuwOE

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://twitter.com/chicagotribune/status/1242518606304419840

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Funny, since I'd rather die than drink Malört ever again.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Distilleries around the country are doing that. It's awesome.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Something I'm curious about in the drive-by truckers "thoughts and prayers" song. The song was obviously written months prior, but did Patterson see Mike Hughes (flat earth rocket dumbass) like in a loving dream or something?

I'm not calling the man a prophet, maybe it's just a matrix glitch or something.

I've listened to this song a lot lately so it's been on the backburner for a while.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
This got a good chuckle out of me.

I'm doing dishes and laundry working on a pitcher of margaritas atm. A lady from my local church posted on FB basically asking "I'm making a shitload of pot brownies, who wants some?". Strange times

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 28, 2020

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
stupid bitch is trying to catch Coronavirus

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Something I'm curious about in the drive-by truckers "thoughts and prayers" song. The song was obviously written months prior, but did Patterson see Mike Hughes (flat earth rocket dumbass) like in a loving dream or something?

I'm not calling the man a prophet, maybe it's just a matrix glitch or something.

I've listened to this song a lot lately so it's been on the backburner for a while.

DBT has always had an allegorical tinge to their lyrics so I think comparing Hughes to politicians who deep throat the NRA would be very on-brand for them. Hughes had been in the media before they wrote the album so yeah.

Gotta say I much prefer American Band to the newest album. “The Guns of Umpqua” was a much better song in terms of addressing gun violence. The new one just isn’t really doing it for me, but maybe I owe it another chance. “Southern Rock Opera” is probably one of my top five favorite albums, with “Dirty South” a very close second.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Not many people hold Southern Rock Opera in high regard. I love it. I think English Oceans is better than most give credit, too. Decoration Day was the first album of theirs I bought, at a PX in Korea, because the art was cool, still love it.

I can't say I have a favorite album, they have music for all my moods and I'll always need at least three to pick from just to shuffle around. Gangstabilly, Pizza Deliverance, Brighter than Creation's Dark, Dirty South, but especially the Isbell albums, they seemed to have lost an arm for a while after he left. American Band grew on me, so is the Unraveling, most albums had to grow on me a little at first anyhow. Reminds me a lot of Pattersons' Heat Lightning album.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Not many people hold Southern Rock Opera in high regard. I love it. I think English Oceans is better than most give credit, too. Decoration Day was the first album of theirs I bought, at a PX in Korea, because the art was cool, still love it.

I can't say I have a favorite album, they have music for all my moods and I'll always need at least three to pick from just to shuffle around. Gangstabilly, Pizza Deliverance, Brighter than Creation's Dark, Dirty South, but especially the Isbell albums, they seemed to have lost an arm for a while after he left. American Band grew on me, so is the Unraveling, most albums had to grow on me a little at first anyhow. Reminds me a lot of Pattersons' Heat Lightning album.

Really? I thought SRO was regarded as a masterpiece- for me and my friends, some of whom have been into DBT since they first started, it certainly is. Every one of their albums has good songs on it, it's just that I see some of them as more consistently good than others.

And yeah, English Oceans took a little bit of time to grow on me, but I also think it's a better album than others may think.

It still blows my mind that Jason Isbell was the one who accidentally started the whole 30-50 Feral Hogs meme.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/8526434/jason-isbell-started-feral-hogs-twitter-meme

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The SRO hate isn't wide spread, but there's a Cooley live album where he briefly talks about it and says something to the effect of "blame Patterson".

I've only met a handful of people irl who know who DBT is, and it tends to place lower on their lists, that's about it. Like, good but not great, which is a bit crazy to me because all their poo poo is great.

Isbell is surprisingly good at social media.

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The SRO hate isn't wide spread, but there's a Cooley live album where he briefly talks about it and says something to the effect of "blame Patterson".

I've only met a handful of people irl who know who DBT is, and it tends to place lower on their lists, that's about it. Like, good but not great, which is a bit crazy to me because all their poo poo is great.

Isbell is surprisingly good at social media.

SRO is the album that started me listening to DBT. Zip City is a great song. I think my favorite album is Greater than Creations Dark. I don't know how it's regarded critically, but so many of the songs just gut punched me on my first listen. Such a great band, would love to see them live sometime.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

I didn't even know electric country anime mad max was a thing. I want more...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpSMoBp8awM

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Steezo posted:

I didn't even know electric country anime mad max was a thing. I want more...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpSMoBp8awM

Watch the very next video after that one, be careful it’s :nws: for boobs.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Midjack posted:

Watch the very next video after that one, be careful it’s :nws: for boobs.

Not everybody gets the same youtube recomendations :ssh: but I also recommend "A Good Look" for being literally a mad max anime parody

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

M_Gargantua posted:

Not everybody gets the same youtube recomendations :ssh: but I also recommend "A Good Look" for being literally a mad max anime parody

That was the one that came up for me, yes. It picks up immediately where “Sing Along” stopped.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
TIL there's a full length Sturgill Simpson visual album on Netflix...

https://www.netflix.com/title/81171121

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

M_Gargantua posted:

There was a batshit nuts Korean animated movie years back called Aachi & Ssipak, the opening was some hardcore Mad Max poo poo injected with liquid wtf

Pro-watch

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

egyptian rat race posted:

TIL there's a full length Sturgill Simpson visual album on Netflix...

https://www.netflix.com/title/81171121

That appears to be what the earlier music videos were derived from; good find!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
New King Princess album is good.

Single:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhYhA6eQ9do

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Mexican place downtown is selling margarita kits, complete with the tequila bottle. Bought one for me and one for my 82 year old neighbor.

We gotta look out for each other, y'all.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Liquor stores in PA have been shut since Tuesday before last. I've been drinking red wine of various varietals and playing Animal Crossing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/len0killer/status/1244300593893650437?s=21