Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Bronze Fonz posted:

Montreal police using their new expanded powers to ensure we're safe by... doing a raid in a leftist political org's HQ.
And Quebec provincial police now believe the crisis justifies geolocalizing anyone's cell phone, intercept incoming and outgoing SMS, incoming and outgoing calls.

To... make sure everyone respects rules of isolation, of course.

The last thing our police need more of is power. This is loving terrible.

Of course, most of the comments I see are along the lines of "we have to lose individual liberties to be safe, this is a no-brainer".

gently caress.

oh so you DON'T want your response to be like China's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
I don't think a more centrally controlled economy would have helped much either. The government is only as competent as the experts it relies upon for information. And experts were wrong pretty much across the board. You had The World Health Organization saying masks aren't necessary from the beginning and the Surgeon General was repeating that line until yesterday. The data on our supply inventory for important things such as Personal Protective Equipment and Ventilators was inaccurate or just outright missing for most of the hospitals. We still don't know exactly how many we have and how many we need, nor how long it will take to get enough into production. And the one thing that could relieve hospitals from the need of ventilators, a treatment, has also become a mountain of untrustworthy sources. There is so much disagreement and probably misinformation over the whole hydroxychloriquine/Z-Pack treatment that we still don't know for sure if it works or not. You've got so many Republicans blaming Democrats and Democrats blaming Republicans that it's impossible to get accurate information without political spin. The virus is winning through divide and conquer. You'd think that so common an enemy like a pandemic would unite us. But nope. We still hate each other more than ever. And to top it off, we're relying so heavily on China, which IS a very centrally controlled economy, for supplies and data and now that's backfiring hard.

Gianthogweed fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 4, 2020

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Play posted:

oh so you DON'T want your response to be like China's

The Montreal police are absolute bastards and the rules of isolation are a free card they can, are and will use for a gazillion of abuses we definitely could do without, was my point.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I'm gonna say it and I don't care who hears

I don't think the world was ready for a mass plague event!!

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20200403/p2a/00m/0na/021000c

quote:

TOKYO -- The Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare has excluded those working in the adult entertainment industry from its leave compensation program for those taking time off of work to care for their children due to nationwide closures of schools in response to the new coronavirus, a move that has drawn criticism for occupational discrimination.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Bronze Fonz posted:

The Montreal police are absolute bastards and the rules of isolation are a free card they can, are and will use for a gazillion of abuses we definitely could do without, was my point.

What org did they raided?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Bronze Fonz posted:

nah I get you, just pointing out that such things are basically endemic to police forces and similar authoritarian-leaning systems throughout the world

Manager Hoyden posted:

how COULD YOU!??

Musharraf
Aug 26, 2004

by Reene

Manager Hoyden posted:

0.000000000000001% of the global population has died! It's a mass extinction!!!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Montreal is definitely in an outlier when it comes to police enforcement compared to other Canadian cities. Montreal is a land of contrasts.

Cannabis stores in Ontario will be closing tonight - lines are massive, you can expect to wait 1-2 hours. So many people are flipping their shits and I swear there was a sovcit screaming at the people working there.

Musharraf posted:

0.000000000000001% of the global population has died! It's a mass extinction!!!!

nice post, dumby

(not actually a nice post)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Two people just turned up dead at that cruise line which just ported in Miami. I will never not think of Burt in these situations

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Montreal is definitely in an outlier when it comes to police enforcement compared to other Canadian cities. Montreal is a land of contrasts.

Cannabis stores in Ontario will be closing tonight - lines are massive, you can expect to wait 1-2 hours. So many people are flipping their shits and I swear there was a sovcit screaming at the people working there.

I experienced this here in Nevada when the rumor was all nonessential businesses would be closed. I waited in line for almost two hours to pick up my online order

Of course, the next day they start texting me that they are still doing pickup and delivery so...

Musharraf posted:

deaths only matter if they make an appreciable dent in the global population!! DURRR :downs:

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Plant MONSTER. posted:

nice post, dumby

(not actually a nice post)

Yeah it's still have the mark of the last mayor that was an Boomer King.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

My workplace has completely closed and my idiot coworker with some brand of undiagnosed social disorder is still going to work as of yesterday. The guy literally has to unlock the place with a borrowed key to get in. He has no concept of the existence of other people and cannot process that he is not the most important human being on the planet. His work is such that he could disappear tomorrow and no one would notice (professionally) for years.

At least he is socially distancing by accident in that no one is allowed to be around him now. Which really should be the case all the time.

Musharraf
Aug 26, 2004

by Reene

Play posted:

deaths only matter if they make an appreciable dent in the global population!! DURRR :downs:
No, deaths only matter if the mass media tell you they do. I didn't see goons panicking about the thousands upon thousands of daily deaths (from preventable causes) before this.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Musharraf posted:

No, deaths only matter if the mass media tell you they do. I didn't see goons panicking about the thousands upon thousands of daily deaths (from preventable causes) before this.

You're not an intelligent human being.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Bronze Fonz posted:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6775920/montreal-jewish-community-coronavirus-covid-19/

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Musharraf posted:

loving :laffo:

not every day that a real, true, honest to goodness moron walks through the front door

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

or maybe musharraf is too intelligent?

someone tell me what to think please!

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

Musharraf posted:

Great edgy post I’m impressed :rolleyes:

Foam Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Lurkzilla
Grimey Drawer

ThermoPhysical posted:

From a Nebraska goon to an Iowa goon, sorry that Iowa is sucking more than usual.

Friend there told me the governor of Iowa absolutely refuses ANY type of shut down. Is this true?

Yup. Bars and sit down restaurants banned with furniture and luggage stores as well. She’s extended the schools shut down, and that’s about it.

Missouri shut down for gently caress’s sake. Missouri!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Plant MONSTER. posted:

or maybe musharraf is too intelligent?

someone tell me what to think please!

good musharraf impression, five stars

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

hey goons, please help:

https://twitter.com/pegasusknight_/status/1246435214349516801

https://twitter.com/pegasusknight_/status/1246436029600538625

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

I started to worried around the Chinese new year when the virus started to spread in China and at some spot in the world. There was so much wrong information like the WHO saying that people to people transmission was unlikely and other stuff like that. Now we learn that just been asymptomatic and speaking near another person is enough. That's why now it is suggested to wear mask so you don't spread it unknowingly, not to protect yourself.

Musharraf
Aug 26, 2004

by Reene

Plant MONSTER. posted:

You're not an intelligent human being.
Yeah, sorry I'm not like like all the highly intelligent goons in this thread who were like "you definitely don't need to wear a mask, it's only for sick people" until the hivemind shifted gears. Now you're basically a mass murderer if you don't wear one. Tomorrow it's going to be something else. Who gives a poo poo.

Foam Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Lurkzilla
Grimey Drawer

Detheros posted:

If that tiny rear end county is Hardin then the guy is in Eldora.

Source: The paper I printed last night that the olds still need so I get to be essential.

Nah. Lee County. North or South who knows? But it’s not like Reynolds is going to shut down anyways.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Lol some went to new york for some kind of holiday + some of them had a wedding in an hotel in the middle of march. While we were in shelter at home...They thought Covid didn't affect them or something.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

bob dobbs is dead posted:

immunity for coronaviruses usually lasts 3-15 months, so it'll be a covid season every year

All we need is a treatment that reduces mortality and /or severity of symptoms for a decent percentage

Thats it

This is possible

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Bleusilences posted:

people to people transmission was unlikely
They hosed up in many ways (masks particularly), but in that one they said they didn't have evidence yet, not that it was unlikely.

Anyhow, seriously, nurses need help: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/giving.html#time

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Musharraf posted:

Yeah, sorry I'm not like like all the highly intelligent goons in this thread who were like "you definitely don't need to wear a mask, it's only for sick people" until the hivemind shifted gears. Now you're basically a mass murderer if you don't wear one. Tomorrow it's going to be something else. Who gives a poo poo.

Yes, you're smart, smarter than everyone here we promise. We will take all your genius pronouncements to heart it will be our bible now please leave you absolute loving moron

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Musharraf posted:

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to remind everyone how little you care about things.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Musharraf posted:

Goons are far from unanimous with their opinions regarding masks. This is like, the shittiest hive mind ever. You're so silly.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Musharraf posted:

ummmmm.. ok?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Bleusilences posted:

I started to worried around the Chinese new year when the virus started to spread in China and at some spot in the world. There was so much wrong information like the WHO saying that people to people transmission was unlikely and other stuff like that. Now we learn that just been asymptomatic and speaking near another person is enough. That's why now it is suggested to wear mask so you don't spread it unknowingly, not to protect yourself.

quote:

San Francisco – Speaker Nancy Pelosi released the following statement in recognition of the Lunar New Year:

“The Lunar New Year marks a season of renewal, reflection and joy, as millions of Asian American and Pacific Islanders join with communities around the world to welcome the Year of the Rat. At this festive time, we recognize the innumerable contributions of generations of AAPI men and women, and celebrate the vitality and strength that they have brought to our nation.

“Every Lunar New Year, San Francisco is transformed by the vibrancy and joyful spirit that accompanies this time of celebration. All San Franciscans look forward to joining with our AAPI friends and neighbors to enjoy longtime traditions, like the Chinese New Year Parade and countless other Lunar New Year celebrations. As home to one of America’s largest AAPI communities, the people of San Francisco know that the beauty is in the mix, and that the wonderful cultures and diversity represented by our immigrant communities are what strengthen and enrich our city.

“As a new Year of the Rat begins, we rededicate ourselves to honoring our heritage and lifting up our immigrant communities. Together, we can work to build a future of hope, opportunity and peace for all Americans. To all those celebrating, I offer my deepest wishes for a healthy, prosperous and meaningful Lunar New Year.”

Musharraf
Aug 26, 2004

by Reene

Play posted:

Yes, you're smart, smarter than everyone here we promise. We will take all your genius pronouncements to heart it will be our bible now please leave you absolute loving moron
Did I trigger you, you utter loving imbecile? I have the same right to post here as everyone else does. Sorry you had to take time out of your "intelligent things posting" schedule, but you can still post your smart opinions alongside me, I promise it's ok.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Musharraf posted:

Did I trigger you, you utter loving imbecile? I have the same right to post here as everyone else does. Sorry you had to take time out of your "intelligent things posting" schedule, but you can still post your smart opinions alongside me, I promise it's ok.

No you just said something really stupid dude

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Musharraf posted:

Please take your medicine

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/04/03/trump-kushner-stockpile-clarification-reporter-collins-bts-vpx.cnn

Video of trump getting mad when someone asked about what his kid said the day before about the federal stockpile not being for the states

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
This is the thread to BE loving ANGRY IN

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I am a sovereign citizen and I have the RIGHT TO POST

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

This is the thread to BE loving ANGRY IN

How could you post that HGB!!! im so fuckin angry at you right now!

:jerkbag: :P

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I am a sovereign citizen and I have the RIGHT TO POST CRAP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Musharraf posted:

I have the same right to post here as everyone else does.

"My rights!" he cried as he pissed his diaper in impotent rage. Could he keep typing long enough to convince strangers he didn't care before the piss gave him another rash? With tears in his eyes, he resolved to find out.