Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
vote for bernie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Mozi posted:

please find a post in this thread that expresses enthusiasm for Biden's candidacy

"Find me a person enthusiastic for Biden" should be the new "bring me the breastplate stretcher!"

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Tom Gorman posted:

Don't think I'm gonna be doing grocery delivery from my local supermarket anymore. I reserved an order almost 3 weeks ago that showed up today. I specified "no substitutions" on all items if they were out of something so they didn't choose something totally off.

Well they did that anyway. So instead of three whole chickens at $6 apiece they naturally brought me the next closest thing, which is of course three whole ducks at $45 a piece. What the gently caress.

Now I have to go to the store for a return, and they'll have to throw those ducks away because they can't go back on the shelves. :(

Duck is delicious what's wrong with you eat the duck

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
A cooked a duck once.

It was good.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

bird with big dick posted:

Budget's a lil' tight for $135 worth of duck meat

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

bird with big dick posted:

$135 the poster probably needs?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Tom Gorman posted:

Budget's a lil' tight for $135 worth of duck meat

If you're known at your grocery store bring them in and return them and then see if you can buy them back for ten bucks each. Worth a try imo since it wasn't a nefarious attempt of a scam by you. Really would probably only work if you're like me and have shopped at the same small store for several years.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Treat yourself when's the next time you'll be in the middle of a global pandemic that's killing hundreds of thousands of people

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

What the gently caress is your government doing, America

https://www.bellinghamherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241884351.html

quote:

A delivery of test kit materials that would have allowed Bellingham’s St. Joseph hospital and other PeaceHealth medical facilities in the Northwest to run COVID-19 tests quicker were seized and diverted by the federal government to the East Coast, PeaceHealth reports.

The Los Angeles Times first reported about the federal government quietly seizing orders for medical supplies made by hospitals in a story Tuesday, April 7. Those seizures came despite President Trump directing states and hospitals to secure what supplies they could to deal with the coronavirus pandemic.

Why the gently caress is this a thing

Where are these seized supplies going

You're scaring me

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

GET 'EM BURT!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Natalie Fartman posted:

You're scaring me

How are they even being seized? Do people in MAGA hats just show up with shotguns or what?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I like calling it poliTrix because it's a tricky subject best left for $5 threads.

I saw my mom at the grocery store today and I yelled at her for only buying like 6 things.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Philthy posted:

How are they even being seized? Do people in MAGA hats just show up with shotguns or what?

yeah has anyone actually seen whoever comes to seize this poo poo like wtf

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Natalie Fartman posted:

You're scaring me

The whole federal stockpile and federal buying of supplies has been a puzzling mess. All leading to the faint suspicion that some Trump cronies are making bank somewhere.

The Kushner "it's not the States' supplies" statement was one of the more mindblowing ones of the past week.

Daily multi-hour rambles at the press and all and sundry but no actual details about the poo poo that actually matters and what exactly they are doing with the money, supplies and power they have.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Philthy posted:

quote:

When the test kit materials were redirected, PeaceHealth simply received information from its supplier that the items were not going to be delivered and told “they had been diverted to the East Coast based on direction from the federal government,” Rush reported.

According to the Los Angeles Times story, hospital and clinic officials in seven states described similar seizures in the past week, though the Federal Emergency Management Agency has not publicly announced the seizures.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tom Gorman posted:

Don't think I'm gonna be doing grocery delivery from my local supermarket anymore. I reserved an order almost 3 weeks ago that showed up today. I specified "no substitutions" on all items if they were out of something so they didn't choose something totally off.

Well they did that anyway. So instead of three whole chickens at $6 apiece they naturally brought me the next closest thing, which is of course three whole ducks at $45 a piece. What the gently caress.

Now I have to go to the store for a return, and they'll have to throw those ducks away because they can't go back on the shelves. :(

I would just do a charge back on your card instead if possible. Don't endanger your health and waste perfectly edible food. This was explicitly not what you ordered and so it is on the company.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
200+ google meet conference call to announced back to work, ceo starts with presentation, random person clicks take over presentation and everyone gets to watch as he frantically realizes it and is zooming around on his screen trying to undo it

im dying here

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Did they charge you for the duck meat? Or did they price it the same as chicken?

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Mnoba posted:

200+ google meet conference call to announced back to work, ceo starts with presentation, random person clicks take over presentation and everyone gets to watch as he frantically realizes it and is zooming around on his screen trying to undo it

im dying here

Back to work to the office or WFH?

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Bleusilences posted:

Back to work to the office or WFH?

a very large plant, but with 200+ office workers

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Mnoba posted:

a very large plant, but with 200+ office workers

I think the question was whether they're trying to get you all to physically come back into the office already.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
oh no, a cold start may 4th for everyone

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Natalie Fartman posted:

Killing.

There is a very direct relationship between Kushner's remarks, the seizures of tests, the defunding of tests by the federal government, the pressure to "reopen by Easter", with what happened in Wisconsin, and with states who have been trying to stay open. They want people to die, and they especially want poor people and black people to die. Look at the demographics of who is dying fastest of COVID19 in the United States. This is not the first time epidemics have been weaponized by white supremacist politicians in the United States, it's part of a glaring pattern in our history. On top of that, what happened in Wisconsin will result in many deaths and it is quite likely that those deaths will be used as ammunition to cancel the November election.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Mnoba posted:

May 4th is too soon to be expecting people to come back to work.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

May the 4th be with you mmoba

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Bleusilences posted:

Did they charge you for the duck meat? Or did they price it the same as chicken?

They charged the full amount. I called the store and they said to call back in about an hour when the person in charge gets back and we can figure something out. I guess that's good enough.

Duck is indeed delicious but I can't afford poo poo like that right now. Or ever, really.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Mnoba posted:

Lol our Pm in Canada just declare that it's going to take a year + and thing will only go back to normal when a vaccine will be found.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Tom Gorman posted:

They charged the full amount. I called the store and they said to call back in about an hour when the person in charge gets back and we can figure something out. I guess that's good enough.

Duck is indeed delicious but I can't afford poo poo like that right now. Or ever, really.

just remember that if you were using Instacart, the app very VERY strongly pushes shoppers to get outrageous substitutions rather than nothing so it probably wasn't the shopper's fault
also remember that in almost every state it's illegal to return fish/fowl/beef to the store for very good reasons

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Tom Gorman posted:

Hopefully they'll just give it to you for the chicken price and you can make some duck breast prosciutto and confit, etc.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tom Gorman posted:

This could potentially be the Dead Parrot Sketch for a new generation

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Tom Gorman posted:

Is this the actual supermarket or Instacart or something? Cause if I would be furious if someone hosed up my order that bad.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I think a little bit of roast duck would make this pandemic a lot easier to deal with atm

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Hazo posted:

Is this the actual supermarket or Instacart or something? Cause if I would be furious if someone hosed up my order that bad.

furious at the poor person risking their life to get your groceries? furious?

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.
https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

"COVID-19 projections assuming full social distancing through May 2020"

Why? We don't have full social distancing now. This model which has been quoted by Dr. Brix, predicts by June 5th only 5 americans will die per day and by June 14th zero will die from then on!

There's lots of headlines based on this model that we will only have 60,000 deaths by August, down from the earlier 82,000 prediction. Seems like a real bad idea to set up americans into thinking we will only have 60,000 deaths when it looks like there will be a lot more than that.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

King of Bees posted:

Hopefully they'll just give it to you for the chicken price and you can make some duck breast prosciutto and confit, etc.

Really, this is the best case scenario, and depending on the store they might go for it. When I worked service desk, deals like this were fairly common for certain kinds of fuckups.

There's a big loving asterisk here though, in that with things like Instacart or Shipt, you usually need to go though THEIR customer service to get the refund. The store is almost always hands-off. Which, at the service desk, is a pain in the dick because it is YOUR fault if you're the desk worker.

I'm really surprised they never fired me.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i get free range ducks for 20 per in the sf bay area, wtf

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

There will be a mini plague of sex disease after all this

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Hazo posted:

The supermarket. I'm not angry or anything, just not sure what to do because I really don't wanna go to the store. That place is still packed to the gills every day.

peter gabriel posted:

This could potentially be the Dead Parrot Sketch for a new generation

Fawlty Towers but the hotel has been converted to an emergency medical ward. Basil views this as "a colossal inconvenience", and right before the annual visit by the hotel inspector!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i get free range ducks for 20 per in the sf bay area, wtf

Wtf is there like a tip jar at the pond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Tom Gorman posted:

The supermarket. I'm not angry or anything, just not sure what to do because I really don't wanna go to the store. That place is still packed to the gills every day.

call customer service. there's no way that store is taking those ducks back but you should get to pay the chicken price