Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

My eldest bro got the roni and is in ICU since day before yesterday :(

I'm so sorry. I hope he gets better fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

bird with big dick posted:

To all the people like this getting probed you can't makes post that are 100% politics in this thread if you haven't already figured it out. What you can do is make posts that are 90% politics and then work something that is at least tangentially 'roni related in and you're safe. Take a lesson from this guy who managed to bitch about Obama, Clinton, Biden, and democrats in general all in one post but didn't get probed because he also bitched about China which is at least nominally corona related.

It's a bit of a problem. There have been multiple times when I've been reading the thread recently and see tons of probes doled out but the worst offenders remain untouched. The post you quoted is literally what started that huge cascade of politics bitch slaps and was incredibly irritating to read. I was amazed to see tons of probes after that post because I assumed no one really saw it or something.

Yes my panties are in a bunch. Yes I would like help unbunching them.

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

the drop is still too steep I'd say.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

https://qz.com/1835656/china-now-classifies-dogs-as-pets-not-livestock/ posted:

China just upgraded the status of dogs from “livestock” to “pets”

The official announcement follows on the heels of February’s nationwide ban on the trade and consumption of wildlife in China. The country’s top legislature fast-tracked the enactment of the ban in large part due to widespread suspicions that the Covid-19 outbreak stemmed from a novel coronavirus being transmitted from wild animals to humans.

CarlosTheDwarf posted:

the drop is still too steep I'd say.
Yeah, it's simplified a bit optimistically.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Trump has indirectly killed thousands of people with his negligence and incompetence.

And thousands more with his lack of appropriate pandemic response

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

One of my cousin's close friends just died from the virus. I'm not sure of his underlying health factors but he had to have been 25-27

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

sweet thursday posted:

One of my cousin's close friends just died from the virus. I'm not sure of his underlying health factors but he had to have been 25-27

Where

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

A hospital probably

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

The world is substantially changed forever, but I'm really hoping to get some closure on this chicken/duck situation

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Lodin posted:

Finally it's acceptable for me to wear the Greatfull Dead Bandana my uncle gave me years ago.

I hope you don't get shot when some red blooded senior citizen thinks you're wearing an isis flag.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

QuarkJets posted:

A hospital probably

Can we probate shitlust

This guy first

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
So are young americans actually dying way more or is it just what we're hearing about vs some horde of forgotten nursing home denizens and old ppl at home

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope that he has a quick recovery.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

Can we probate shitlust

This guy first

Were you doing the *motions both thumbs at self* thing while exaggeratedly saying "THIS GUY" cause I don't have shitlust and I am not a guy

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Toronto, she updated and said there were other health factors involved. I don't know her too well but it sounds like it was unexpected and sudden for the people in his life. They think he contracted it after being admitted but some hospitals in Toronto are taxed and Ontario might be out of supplies in a week or two. Whether you're dying from covid or covid helps kill otherwise sick people who would've ultimately lived, it's taking out a lot of people.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

Didn't instacart change to give 100% of tips? (as it should be) At least that's what I recall reading at some point and as we all know companies can't lie.

It’s not a lie, it just doesn’t mean what you think it does. A lot of these service companies pay drivers by guaranteeing them a minimum $ amount per order, let’s say it’s $10 for simplicity. What happens functionally is that if you tip 15% in-app on a $50 order, $7.50 of that minimum is your tip and the company tops it off $2.50 to make it $10 total. If you tipped them in cash $5 at the door, the company is on the hook for the full $10 minimum and the driver makes $15 total.

using in-app tipping usually just subsidizes the delivery fees for the company instead of giving additional money to the driver. At best only a portion of your tip is actually extra cash to the person you’re “giving” it to.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

shovelbum posted:

So are young americans actually dying way more or is it just what we're hearing about vs some horde of forgotten nursing home denizens and old ppl at home

mostly the latter. it's just a lot more shocking when a healthy 25-year-old dies vs. an 85-year-old so that's what grabs people's attention.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

My body is trash and I feel terrible.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

mrfart posted:

I hope you don't get shot when some red blooded senior citizen thinks you're wearing an isis flag.

Lol, don't see that happening in socialst hell hole Scandinavia.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I was getting worried yesterday. felt warm.. checked temp and had a mild fever of 99.6 when my baseline is 98.4. Then realized I'd been itchy and my allergies were acting up that day. Doubled up on a zertec and was good.

ZERTEC IS A MIRACLE DRUG FOR RONI!!! CDC FAST TRACK THIS !!! Country OPEN by EASTER!!!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

angryrobots posted:

The world is substantially changed forever, but I'm really hoping to get some closure on this chicken/duck situation

This, but unironically.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Koopa Kid posted:

It’s not a lie, it just doesn’t mean what you think it does. A lot of these service companies pay drivers by guaranteeing them a minimum $ amount per order, let’s say it’s $10 for simplicity. What happens functionally is that if you tip 15% in-app on a $50 order, $7.50 of that minimum is your tip and the company tops it off $2.50 to make it $10 total. If you tipped them in cash $5 at the door, the company is on the hook for the full $10 minimum and the driver makes $15 total.

using in-app tipping usually just subsidizes the delivery fees for the company instead of giving additional money to the driver. At best only a portion of your tip is actually extra cash to the person you’re “giving” it to.

This is 100% illegal in the province I live in. You cannot pocket the tip of an employee for whatever reason.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

oh but seriously I posted:

My body is trash and I feel terrible.

not the best online dating profile intro I've ever read, but keep working on it, you never know.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Plastik posted:

In the long run, the best strategy for the health and well-being (including financial well-being) of Americans is for the Government to give solid statistical projections for deaths and infections, then tell Americans that they need to quarantine and social distance as much as possible to reach the lowest possible projections. Officials would need to step up and repeatedly recognize out loud that the cost of not doing these things is death and hospitalization, and that we must do them to make sure society can stand back up when it's all said and done.

For the most part, that's what is happening here.

There were some appalling gently caress ups made here during the initial handling of the crisis, but the message that relaxing any of the current restrictions will cost lives is loud, clear, and consistent.

No-one pretends that things are going to change any time soon. We're looking at current restrictions being maintained or increased for at least the next 3-6 months.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Lolie posted:

For the most part, that's what is happening here.

There were some appalling gently caress ups made here during the initial handling of the crisis, but the message that relaxing any of the current restrictions will cost lives is loud, clear, and consistent.

No-one pretends that things are going to change any time soon. We're looking at current restrictions being maintained or increased for at least the next 3-6 months.

try the next 3-6 years at best

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

My bet is on 18 months (I will not toxx on it in case its more lol :( ).

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

Yes that does qualify as a lie. I mean maybe not in a legal sense but in the I'm a person and I don't loving like being lied to sense.

"usually". I'm talking about Instacart now, not any company in the past. I've been doing some google searches but the information is buried in crap low content "articles". Search engine optimization sucks and Google doesn't seem to give a poo poo anymore.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

E: read that wrong

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
the virus is clearly no longer a problem as the number of posts per hour in this thread has slowed greatly. thank goodness for it

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

This guy just applied for bail again because his compulsory 14 day quarantine period had ended but it did NOT go well for him. The judge screamed at him for a fair while and the police prosecutor said that if he's convicted (and he's apparently planning on pleading guilty to the charges) they'd be asking for a prison sentence instead of just a fine because his history shows that he never pays fines anyway.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...409-p54iq7.html

what an aresehole

Natalie Fartman posted:

Less European travel.

More Asian travel, though

Fartbox posted:

density is pretty important

density is what causes you to get coughed on by that rear end in a top hat on the bus station

It can also be a bit misleading though, say there's a skyscraper apartment building and each person has an entire floor to themselves. Despite the fact that each apartment has all the space in the world, the total density for that spot will much, much higher than even 50 people living in a single house, which is obviously much more dangerous.

At least I think that's how it works? It doesn't take into account vertical separation, basically. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

sorry bud, wishing him the best

QuarkJets posted:

Were you doing the *motions both thumbs at self* thing while exaggeratedly saying "THIS GUY" cause I don't have shitlust and I am not a guy

I'm assuming he was trying to say that you are a bad poster and should post less, but that was just my interpretation

Vakal
May 11, 2008

other people posted:

the virus is clearly no longer a problem as the number of posts per hour in this thread has slowed greatly. thank goodness for it

You are better off going by the number of probations and bans rather than the number of actual posts.

Hopes Fall
Sep 10, 2006
HOLY BOOBS, BATMAN!
Girlfriend of mine is an EMT here in NJ. She has lost 3 coworkers to covid19 already. We need more goddamn PPE.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Thread rules updated clarifying (again) about politix.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hopes Fall posted:

Girlfriend of mine is an EMT here in NJ. She has lost 3 coworkers to covid19 already. We need more goddamn PPE.

what are they using now

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020
My grandfather died yesterday, it doesn't sound corona related, he's been in the hospital basically ever since my mom (his daughter) passed away 6 months ago and hasn't been allowed visitors in a long time because of the virus. I think I'm going to make the adult decision not to drive from a heavily populated area to BFE arkansas to be around a bunch of old people......they're still having a funeral as far as I know.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I am finding it helpful to wordlessly scream. ≈6 times an hour.

Hopes Fall
Sep 10, 2006
HOLY BOOBS, BATMAN!

shovelbum posted:

what are they using now

Mostly reusing what *should* be disposable, or going without.

My step mom (also an EMT) was telling me about or of the hospitals she had been to recently that had a UV light station set up for decontaminating poo poo like eyeglasses? Idk. Step mom isn't the brightest bulb. She was complaining about a nurse giving her poo poo the other day for not wearing PPE when transporting a diabetic emergency.

Now that I'm on the story telling train, my dad is a volunteer fireman, and currently all 4 paid firemen are in self-quarantine because they were exposed to someone cv+. This is a terrifyingly slow train wreck. I can see the walls of first responders crumbling.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

molestrios posted:

My grandfather died yesterday, it doesn't sound corona related, he's been in the hospital basically ever since my mom (his daughter) passed away 6 months ago and hasn't been allowed visitors in a long time because of the virus. I think I'm going to make the adult decision not to drive from a heavily populated area to BFE arkansas to be around a bunch of old people......they're still having a funeral as far as I know.

Please show them examples of the multiple instances where funerals have killed multiple people who went to them and that they in turn will kill first responders.

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Please show them examples of the multiple instances where funerals have killed multiple people who went to them and that they in turn will kill first responders.

Yo these are rural, rural arkansas people. They give no fucks lol

e: just looked it up, the county only has one case so far and people will be driving from out of state to this. Ah well cripes

molestrios fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
should put some basic info in the op it's pretty bad, here is the world tracker i think everyone is using and maybe some symptoms to watch for?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/