Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better announcer
This poll is closed.
Cody 3 3.49%
Kenny 4 4.65%
Chris 79 91.86%
Total: 86 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Writer Cath posted:

Remember when Sammy sang Judas?
from 10 years ago yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pinwiz11 posted:

I totally get it, but having things that I can count on to help fill the nights has been a blessing for me. I'll admit to not fully paying attention to AEW yesterday, but knowing it was there gives me something to do. It's the same with the last few episodes of Viola Davis's Murder Babies on Thursdays, Drag Race on Fridays, and one of my rpg streams continuing on Sundays. So many things have been paused/cancelled over the last month that I'll take any stability that I can crave.

But really, I just want a hug.

Once all my weekly shows stop airing in a month or two it's gonna get dire because sports are canceled and nothing else will be on in the summer.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'm going to rewatch arrested development for the 9000th time

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sammy please don't reach into my pants pocket and steal my wallet. woops wrong pocket

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Good news folks

https://twitter.com/theAdamPage/status/1248047029881839622

e: Great follow up

https://twitter.com/theAdamPage/status/1248060019439996928

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

smarxist posted:

lmao if Jericho gets Sugar Dunkerton a contract because of hollering a silly nickname

Wouldn't be the most unlikely thing that Jericho has gotten over.

Hangman is easily the most relatable person on the roster.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I'm going to rewatch arrested development for the 9000th time

All of it, or just the first three seasons?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

CobiWann posted:

All of it, or just the first three seasons?

I believe you'll find that there are only three seasons...

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

The countdown begins...

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1248597343324327936

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Honestly I feel like AEW has enough wrestlers atm for 2/3hrs a week and 1 ppv a quarter. Wait six - twelve months.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

YES

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

You’re supposed to SAY YEAH

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Remind me a fifth time what the hook is wrt these guys. They appear to my amateur eye as "just dudes"

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The Senator Giroux posted:

You’re supposed to SAY YEAH

I would but you know they'll have to get a new theme song.

:yeah:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Now that it's actually possible, just a friendly reminder that if anyone suggests bringing in Jim Cornette to manage the Revival against the Bucks i will be forced to attack you with mind bullets

he's bad and they shouldnt pay him

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

blunt posted:

Wait six - twelve months.

I mean it's not like they have a choice

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jrnLOFUuG8

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Not that it matters, but that “immediate” implies they’re waiving the 90-day no compete to me. Even if they didn’t, one of them is already essentially clear due to the expiration and the other one expires in June, so the no-compete couldn’t extend past then anyway.

Also, swerve us and put them with Jake and Archer instead of Tully and Spears like everyone’s been expecting.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

oh but seriously I posted:

Remind me a fifth time what the hook is wrt these guys. They appear to my amateur eye as "just dudes"

watch a match of theirs

diy/revival best 2/3 falls takeover toronto is a good one

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

SAY YEAH

This is the good loving news needed right now. Bizarre considering WWE is just... releasing someone? But gently caress yeah. The pop they get when they show up at the first full arena show once all this is over is going to be wild.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

oh but seriously I posted:

a whole lot of people are going to see them this way if they don't face like kenny and hangman or another high caliber team right away

just thought of them debuting against a jobber team to look dominant like lance archer. oh man that would be a bad idea. boring rear end poo poo

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

blast0rama posted:

I believe you'll find that there are only three seasons...

Marry me!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

They were really good in NXT and good on the main WWE roster when they first came up. I stopped watching before they had their tag title run, though, so I can't comment on that.

At this point the only WWE to AEW move I'm not feeling at all is Hager, so odds are they'll pull off the move and be an asset to the tag team division.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Lone Goat posted:

watch a match of theirs

DIY vs Revival 2/3 falls is probably the best WWE tag team match I've ever seen (might be a tossup with one of the New Day vs. Usos matches)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wasn’t impressed

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

A Fancy Hat posted:

They were really good in NXT and good on the main WWE roster when they first came up. I stopped watching before they had their tag title run, though, so I can't comment on that.

At this point the only WWE to AEW move I'm not feeling at all is Hager, so odds are they'll pull off the move and be an asset to the tag team division.

i didn't look at it properly and i thought your avatar was jeff jarrett. Sorry

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I really like Dash & Dawson and think if they sign with AEW they'll do a good job and I still can't tell you which one is which.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
If they sign I can’t wait for the butcher and the blade to gently caress them up

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

beggar posted:

If they sign I can’t wait for the butcher and the blade to gently caress them up

Who?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Lone Goat posted:

watch a match of theirs

Fine.

P. good. Sign them, coward Young Bucks.

There is slightly too much ham in DIY's DNA.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I really like Dash & Dawson and think if they sign with AEW they'll do a good job and I still can't tell you which one is which.

"Which one's Dawson, which one's Dash?" was an actual chant they got once upon a time.

The H in Dash stands for hair.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

projecthalaxy posted:

Now that it's actually possible, just a friendly reminder that if anyone suggests bringing in Jim Cornette to manage the Revival against the Bucks i will be forced to attack you with mind bullets

he's bad and they shouldnt pay him
I thought Cornette was vocal of his hatred for all things AEW

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

wwe waited until there was a global loving pandemic to release these guys from their contracts

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Kvantum posted:

"Which one's Dawson, which one's Dash?" was an actual chant they got once upon a time.

Just like the the M in Matt Jackson stands for mutton chops in my mind.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It took me like 2 years to figure out who was who. Now I remember it because "Wilder" kind of sounds like "wild hair" and he's the one with hair.

Of course, I'm assuming they have to change their names now so there goes that.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

A Fancy Hat posted:

Replace Hager with the Revival wearing two person Jake Hager costume.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Better Than You posted:

I thought Cornette was vocal of his hatred for all things AEW
some part of him absolutely does, but being a carny, the other part really wanted to work an angle with the elite, but the bucks were all 'gently caress that poo poo', so now corny's double pissed off

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

The clear move is to have Arn betray Cody for them.

Also Revival had a great run of matches with American Alpha, and had one of the better triple threat tags with DIY and the Authors of Pain, I think I’d probably put those before any of the regular DIY matchups

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hooman posted:

Replace Hager with Jamie Hayter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Kvantum posted:

loving finally I can remember