Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica
I can legit feel the last ~decade of drinking catching up to me. Time to stop I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Earwicker posted:

i am so glad that weed is considered essential in california

there was a rumor about closing the dispensaries a couple weeks ago and the lines went crazy, but they are still open. i just get delivery these days anyway

In MA they went to medical patients only at the dispensaries, and I didn’t get to make the trip before the switch. At least the liquor store near me delivers now? Something for when I’m done with being sick at least.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

If you're not drunk or high at this time, something is legitimately wrong with you.

I ran out and I don't think I'll be cooking wine desperate until the latter half of the month :(

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Earwicker posted:

i am so glad that weed is considered essential in california

there was a rumor about closing the dispensaries a couple weeks ago and the lines went crazy, but they are still open. i just get delivery these days anyway

I thought you were a long islander like me

Apparently corona put weed on the back burner for Cuomo. Understandably, but still.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Earwicker posted:

to be fair, she didn't specify serious crashes so if it includes every time your car hits an object resulting in some sort of damage, i'd still bet on at least a 1.5% chance of it happening every time you drive in new jersey. and i'd even go up a percentage or two if we were talking about massachussetts

I have lived in NY, SC, CT, MA, AK, WA, OR, but nothing prepared me for how bad the drivers are in Massachusetts.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

I thought you were a long islander like me

Apparently corona put weed on the back burner for Cuomo. Understandably, but still.

i lived in nyc until a couple years ago. never lived on li. my parents live in mass. my opinions on comparative driving shittiness comes from touring all over the country tho

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I have lived in NY, SC, CT, MA, AK, WA, OR, but nothing prepared me for how bad the drivers are in Massachusetts.

its because they do it on purpose.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Piss Meridian posted:

I can legit feel the last ~decade of drinking catching up to me. Time to stop I think

Your health and wallet will thank you. Good luck man.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Guess who decided to show up again

Motherfucking Bird Flu

https://twitter.com/NewsHour/status/1248748091328434176

I wonder if there is a Chinese message board making turkey soup jokes?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Frank Sidebottom posted:

I was honestly just curious. They seem to be hard to find these days, especially for frontline healthcare workers

Ah, sorry for jumping on your rear end then I shouldn't have assumed. But yeah it is crazy how these masks have gone from completely normal, everyday things that tons of people might have for varying reasons, to essentially being worth their weight in gold. Basically a precious resource at this point

Play fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 11, 2020

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Nobody would be making bat/pangolin soup jokes if it was detected in the animal population and eradicated before jumping to humans. maybe there will be 410,757,864,530 DEAD TURKEYS jokes though because there will be a turkey holocaust at that place

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

d0s posted:

Nobody would be making bat/pangolin soup jokes if it was detected in the animal population and eradicated before jumping to humans. maybe there will be 410,757,864,530 DEAD TURKEYS jokes though because there will be a turkey holocaust at that place

I agree.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I’ve got two 1.75L bottles of Jameson but I can’t drink it straight and I ran out of Mt Dew to mix it with. ☹️

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

d0s posted:

world is a cluck

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So, is all this social distancing also going to do a number on flu, cold, etc.?

I've got to imagine it'll have knock on effects for other diseases, right?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

dwarf74 posted:

yeah I would imagine that we'll see reduced rates of any other disease that can be spread from being in close proximity to another person

naem
May 29, 2011

Piss Meridian posted:

world is a cluck

50 million dead cocks

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I've been really impressed with the medical dispensary I go to here in CT. Since mid-march they've been really serious and professional about the whole thing. (The CT medical marijuana program is pretty serious and professional in general anyway compared to some).

They are only taking pre-orders online - no ordering in person and no making changes to the order once you get there. Also, you can only make 3 orders per week and must wait a minimum of 3 hours after ordering to pick it up. When you get there , you wait outside in line for maybe 10 minutes, six feet apart as indicated by tape on the sidewalk, and they call you in one at a time. You go up to the closed reception window and hold up your medical card and ID to check in. They then open the door to the back room which is set up like a bank with a long counter with teller stations. In front of the counter, they've placed banquet tables which force you to stand like 3 feet back. You hold up your card again and they grab your order from the vault. Unfortunately, you still have to pay in person by cash or debit so it's not completely contactless but at least they have hand sanitizer at each station. When you're done, a staff member opens the door for you to leave.

Despite how efficiently the place is being run, the dispensary still had to send out an email begging everyone to be cool and stop screaming at them and harassing the employees in the parking lot on their way to lunch. What the gently caress man. :smith:

The Saxecutioner
Mar 4, 2010

A nimble little mouse!

bird with big dick posted:

I’ve got two 1.75L bottles of Jameson but I can’t drink it straight and I ran out of Mt Dew to mix it with. ☹️

Jameson & Mt Dew? Who hurt you?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i drink my jameson straight, i know its pretty gross, but if i was drinking actual good whisky id just drink it faster - jameson lasts me a while.

imo if you dont want to drink it straight a good thing to mix it with is coffee

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The Saxecutioner posted:

Jameson & Mt Dew? Who hurt you?

I switched to Mt Dew after I discovered that bars rarely have Hawaiian Punch on the bar gun.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

I switched to Mt Dew after I discovered that bars rarely have Hawaiian Punch on the bar gun.

You absolute loving animal

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Imagine me saying "drat son!" but it sounds like I'm mashing "Jame-Son" in there to make a play on Jameson.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I have a very mild fever (99.1) and just feel a bit nauseated and tired. No cough or shortness of breath. But one person at my work tested positive for corona and another got sick around the same time, they didn't test her but she was out for like 3 weeks partly to quarantine because they basically just assumed she did have it based on her signs. So yeah I might be the next coronagoon. I hope not but welp i definitely got exposed at work so...

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
assuming having days to spend with difficulty breathing how would you you facilitate ease of breathing while maintaining comfort and some form of entertainment

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

gary oldmans diary posted:

assuming having days to spend with difficulty breathing how would you you facilitate ease of breathing while maintaining comfort and some form of entertainment

Vicks Vapo-Rub + Lazy-Boy + Internet.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Lot's of pillow especially some for the neck, but not a neck pillow(those U shape one for travelers), those things suck.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
prone position is of no use until difficulty breathing is significant?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Pretty sure this qualifies as a hate crime against the Irish.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Ain't difficulty breathing more of a hospital thing

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
it seems like theres a longish period where you might be able to ride out corvid and see if you can rise to the ranks of an asymptomatic carrier before requiring hospital care (ventilators since they dont really have any other approved treatment)

ideally if there was anything at all you could do in the mean time to ease the burden on your body and lungs that would be great

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 11, 2020

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

it seems like theres a longish period where you might be able to ride out corvid and see if you can rise to the ranks of an asymptomatic carrier before requiring hospital care (ventilators since they dont really have any other approved treatment)

but once you do, you get a special certificate.

we need a gang tag for corona survivors

ADudeWhoAbides
Mar 30, 2010

prone position is of no use until difficulty breathing is significant?

Had pneumonia back in November. Prone is really bad if you're actually having trouble breathing. It's literally maximum effort for your lungs to expand against gravity.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Yeah you need to be on your side or back.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ideally if there was anything at all you could do in the mean time to ease the burden on your body and lungs that would be great

A doctor could probably prescribe some stuff to help your lungs work better like they do for asthma people.

ADudeWhoAbides
Mar 30, 2010

Bleusilences posted:

Yeah you need to be on your side or back.

You need to be sitting up. Anything to keep gravity from pulling your ribcage down.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

dwarf74 posted:

Norovirus is down a lot (but there's a disclaimer that labs might be not be handling tests).

https://assets.publishing.service.g...ks_12_to_13.pdf

It's still at 30% of normal rate which I think wouldn't be enough for coronavirus to burn out, but there's a reporting time lag so maybe it'll go further. And this is norovirus so the dip is maybe more about closing restaurants and cruise ships than social distancing itself.

e:Flu also appears to be well down but again question about reporting.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...020_week_14.pdf

Xaintrailles fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 11, 2020

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Why not hang upside down? Seems like that should help the lungs drain but it's never offered as a treatment. :confused:

Just strap into some gravity boots and go for a spin.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
where do you think its safer to go at this point grocery stores or pharmacies?

all the publix in the area are getting employees catching covid and the amount of cases in my county (the florida covid website is surprisingly informative) are over 30+ confirmed; but a CVS would likely have sicker people going to it. Thank goodness for take-out but I need vitamins, floss, and some non-poo poo tasting water

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Desperate Character posted:

where do you think its safer to go at this point grocery stores or pharmacies?

in my area there's still a fair amount of individual variation from store to store (whether grocery or pharmac) wrt whether they actually maintain proper social distancing and limit the number of people in store at a time, so i'd go by the policies and behaviors of individual stores rather than broad categories like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Face down, rear end up, that’s the way I like to be intubated.