Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
The only link you need:
http://theditch.biz/chron.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Perfect, thank you.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

been watching a few Dragon Gate shows. The early stuff is real bad. But its everyone that's super cool now when they're real bad so its kinda charming. The english guys are decent but Dallas needs to dial down the ham a bit.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dave mentioning in this weeks observer that the shutdown in Japan has companies that wouldn't bother with WWE now wanting to sell has me worried (though hey, WWE probably won't have the money to buy after it's next Financial report)

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Japan has needed to consolidate its promotions for the longest time. I only have so much sympathy for groups like Wrestle-1 that didn't make sense to begin with. However, having multiple groups go under in a chaotic fashion is the absolute worst way of doing this.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yeah its not like they'll have to get over in new buildings

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Hopefully after seeing how WWE has handled Tozawa, Uhaa, PAC, and Ricochet, Dragon Gate will stay far away from them.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Nakamaru had never seen a Royal Rumble match so we might be overestimating how much attention Japanese promotions and wrestlers pay to WWE.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Based on Sareee's Instagram story from a few weeks back, it's obvious she has no idea what she's getting herself into at least.

DDT are going back to running a weekly TV show while they can't do live shows in front of an audience. I've got high hopes because MajiManji was one of my favourite things in wrestling.

The card for the first one is

Masato Tanaka (c) vs. Yukio Sakaguchi for the KO-D Openweight Championship
Nautilus (c) vs. Moonlight Express for the KO-D Tag Team Championship
Daisuke Sasaki (c) vs. Antonio Honda for the DDT Universal Championship
Kazusada Higuchi vs. Tetsuya Endo

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Based on Sareee's Instagram story from a few weeks back, it's obvious she has no idea what she's getting herself into at least.

DDT are going back to running a weekly TV show while they can't do live shows in front of an audience. I've got high hopes because MajiManji was one of my favourite things in wrestling.

The card for the first one is

Masato Tanaka (c) vs. Yukio Sakaguchi for the KO-D Openweight Championship
Nautilus (c) vs. Moonlight Express for the KO-D Tag Team Championship
Daisuke Sasaki (c) vs. Antonio Honda for the DDT Universal Championship
Kazusada Higuchi vs. Tetsuya Endo
https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1248865487619903489

Japan finally seems to be taking things a little more seriously than America. That also means the no-audience shows have also been postponed, though.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Japan finally seems to be taking things a little more seriously than America.

:laffo:

I'm still riding the Yamanote line to work and it's still full of people

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What does Kensuke Sasaki do now? Run a school? I know he had Kehsuke Office for a bit which ran shows, but haven't heard much in a while

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Any interest in me doing some sort of "Let's watch a great Japanese match" daily thread?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What does Kensuke Sasaki do now? Run a school? I know he had Kehsuke Office for a bit which ran shows, but haven't heard much in a while
That school is long gone. To my knowledge he isn't doing anything wrestling related.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Aee there any legit Pokotan matches where Pokotan actually gets to do things??

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ditch posted:

Any interest in me doing some sort of "Let's watch a great Japanese match" daily thread?

That school is long gone. To my knowledge he isn't doing anything wrestling related.

Yes!!!

MathMathCalculation
Jan 1, 2006
So I've been watching through some of the Dragon Gate shows that are free on their network right now (mostly sticking to names I recognized from the more recent shows) and while I enjoyed what I've seen I can't say it's enough to get me to pay attention to this promotion on a regular basis.

But I gotta say: the theme music is outstanding. I've never really felt compelled to seek out wrestler's theme songs just to listen to them for the sake of enjoying a good song, but hot drat do I ever rock the gently caress out for Ben-K's theme.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’m thinking I might drop DG for DDT or another round with stardom but I’ve been enjoying picking through the INFINITY shows of 2019. Mostly due to PAC mean mugging dudes to death. KZy trying to psyche himself into a title match and realizing he called out PAC is some good stuff.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

That PAC Kzy match from last February was so good.

nongdongfongbong
Jul 30, 2006
"Nongnongdongfongbong" is one character too long. : (

Ditch posted:

Hell yes. So much good stuff in your archives that's been overlooked by the newer fans.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Ditch posted:

Yes please! I recently watched a bunch of Kawada's initial NJPW run and it's got me hungry for more older stuff.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

So this weeks free Dragon Gate shows are the last three Dead or Alive shows, which is the big yearly show built around the big clieterfuck apuestas Cage match main event.

https://twitter.com/DragonGateEN/status/1249567850290962434

Obviously the main events here are the draw, as they’re all entertaining high stakes clusterfucks worth watching. However 2017 has an awesome Brave Gate match between Kagetora and Takehiro Yamamura and a great Twin Gate match between CK-1 (CIMA and Dragon Kid) and T-Hawk and El Lindaman.

2018 has a great Twin Gate match between T-Hawk and Eita vs Big R Shimizu and Ben-K as well as an excellent Triangle Gate between MaxiMuM and Natural Vibes.

2019 once again has a fantastic Brave gate match between U-T and secret wrestler of the year Susumu Yokuska, and a great Dream Gate match where PAC murders Dragon Kid with the most insane Falcon Arrow ever.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Oh gently caress, I'd forgotten that falcon arrow.

The Dead or Alive Cagematch was the match that sold me on Dragongate last year. Like, PAC's title matches rocked but this was like nothing else

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I've yet to get really turned on by Dragon Gate's cagematches especially when all the actual drama happens AFTER the match itself.

Thankfully they've got english translators that can sorta explain what the gently caress just happened when factions decide to ritualistically sacrifice a member.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Watching the 2017 DoA has me all nostalgic.

The Yamamura match against Kagetora was bittersweet, because Yamamura is so incredibly good and at the time, it wasn't a question of if he'd be a future Dream Gate champ but whether he or Ben-K would get it first. But only a couple months later he'd suffer an injury that took him out for over a year, and now three years later it's questionable if he'll ever wrestle again, not to mention that it probably won't be in Dragon Gate since he left with CIMA.

The CK-1 match was so good too, it got me to go back to the Kobe World and Gate of Destiny Twin Gate defenses which are both spectacular. I remember the reaction at the time of their reign among western Dragon Gate fans was incredibly negative, to the point it felt like I had fallen into an alternative dimension and was watching a completely different title reign than everyone else. Their defenses against North Tribe, Kzy/Maria, T-Hawk/Lindaman, Speed Muscle, and Big Ben were all amazing and told a consistent throughline story of a veteran team that might been just a step behind physically, but where the ultimate wily veterans completely aware of their surroundings and able to capitalize on every mistake their younger opponents made to just barely scrape out a win, with each match forcing them to dig deeper and deeper. It was compelling stuff. Plus they were super over with the live crowds. The only negative is that Kid got injured like two weeks before they were defintely going to drop the belts to the newly reformed T-Hawk and Eita team.

And finally, R.I.P. Cyber Kong.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

upside is that Cyber Kong's trunks get tinier as the years go on and in 2020 he's in full Sammy Guevara trunks.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/alljapan_eng/status/1250363934638518272?s=20
https://twitter.com/alljapan_eng/status/1250364808928641024?s=20

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Ditch posted:

Yes, I'd love this too.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oh poo poo

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1250350574266023938

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
that's what I was waiting for

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Where does Rene Dupree winning the NOAH Tag League with Wagner's son after flying from Canada to Japan in the middle of a global pandemic rank in weird 2020 things

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pretty fuckin weird.

Just saw PAC vs KZy, what a banger. Gonna watch the build the PAC vs Shun next.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

This week's(?) free Dragon Gate content is the 2014, 2015, and 2016 Dead or Alive shows.

https://twitter.com/DragonGateEN/status/1253177773721436160

The 2014 DoA was the first Dragon Gate show I ever watched and it blew me away. Still one of the best wrestling shows of the last decade. You've got the aforementioned fantastic Flamita/Susumu match that basically made Flamita, an awesome Twin Gate match between Shingo/Tozawa and Mochizuki/Fuji, a real fun Triangle Gate match with the classic Millennial's team of T-Hawk, Eita, and U-T, the best singles match of Ricochet's career defending the Dream Gate against full top heel YAMATO, and the first appearance of the really wacky and convoluted DoA cage match that culmnated in an amazing face turn for BxB Hulk and kicked off his nearly flawess run for the rest of the year. Also has Gamma and Maria getting really weird. A must watch show.

The 2015 DoA was ok but everything outside of the Tozawa/Dragon Kid Brave Gate match was pretty underwhelming. That year's DoA match was marred by another failed attempt to get T-Hawk over.

The whole 2016 show was focused around the all Verserk cage match, with most of the show being matches where the loser was forced to become a delegate for one of the entrants in the main event and risk their own hair. This culminated in what is to me maybe the best cage match any company's put on. It's absolutely a must watch. YAMATO and Naruki Doi's performances are out of this world.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/UnseenJapanSite/status/1253833505437450242?s=20

Hiroshi Hase up to some incredibly skeevy poo poo going by Twitter. Sexually harassing an underaged girl is the headline but from what I can gather from Google translate (which yeah, okay, not reliable) is on top of that the place it happened is some sort of haven for homeless girls, just to make the horrible power imbalance even more grotesque.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DDT's postponed weekly TV show will begin on Saturday

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1255101641939918848?s=19

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I should really rummage around and find a best of Kenoh. I feel that guy so much.

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1255166912784367616

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
like that dude and his stupid hair

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

coconono posted:

I should really rummage around and find a best of Kenoh. I feel that guy so much.

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1255166912784367616

He's an extremely good prick bastard

NOAH has a lot of interesting characters.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think it was a title match against Suguira that was like two cinder blocks colliding. Just so gritty.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1255791871579873280?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

lmao so AJPW planned a "live" broadcast of a new show they taped today but they messed up and uploaded the whole thing at once instead of streaming it allowing people to skip ahead and see who Shotaro Ashino's mystery partner was. (it was the obvious guy anyway but still)