Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Stop dogpiling on the guy. He'll bend knee to glorious and independant Taiwan as will we all in time.

He's just a comrade we haven't met yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

VikingSkull posted:

nice dogwhistle, sealion kramer

Ah. It was supposed to be incomprehensible. That's on me. Thanks for clarifying.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Big Beef City posted:

Ok so if you all can shut the gently caress up for a moment;

You know those stimulus checks folks in the US can expect?
Don't necessarily expect them.

See, it TURNS OUT that your bank can just take that money from you to pay your debts for you.

Handily enough, Congress gave the Treasury the power to put those funds under the same category as things like food stamps, and welfare and housing benefits. Y'know, relief funds that people ostensibly need to help them live during hard times and all that.
BUT, our friend, and one of the nice folks listed above as being on Donald's 'Restart America' finance committee with his beautiful daughter and all, Steve Mnuchin, has decided not to act on that. SO, your creditors can contact your bank and ask them or legally compel them to surrender those funds to pay what you owe them, first, before you get any of it.

Well, enjoy!

So would the funds even show up in your account first or would the bank just send it straight over to them?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Ok wait what’s going on I skipped a few pages

We've uncovered shocking new evidence about the sinking of the Titanic.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Chomp8645 posted:

the goddamned Chinese, again?!

:mad:

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Chomp8645 posted:

I fuckin knew it

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So would the funds even show up in your account first or would the bank just send it straight over to them?

Lol. It will go straight to the bank and the bank will charge you a service fee because of it

Search your heart

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

oh lol ok i get whats going on here, the combination of ellipses and not knowing what "this aint it" means makes it kind of obvious

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I hate this roni thing

Every time I cough I get as nervous as a hot fart in a white dress

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Unrelated to this shitpost bonanza, I just saw this:

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3079831/coronavirus-can-survive-long-exposure-high-temperature-threat

Apparently high temperature doesn't kill the virus, they basically had to boil it to kill it.

Anyone have any thoughts on how this jibes with the earlier advice to bake masks at low temp to sterilize them? Seems like bad news, but I don't know enough to form an opinion.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Kharmakazy posted:

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3079831/coronavirus-can-survive-long-exposure-high-temperature-threat

Apparently high temperature doesn't kill the virus, they basically had to boil it to kill it.

Anyone have any thoughts on how this jibes with the earlier advice to bake masks at low temp to sterilize them? Seems like bad news, but I don't know enough to form an opinion.

I've been told to boil cloth masks between uses so I guess I'm still ok then. I wonder if you can microwave them

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Kharmakazy posted:

Hard to say; protocol matters a lot. If their samples were kept wet during heating, that can help preserve the virus on its own. Whereas a mask will dry out relatively quickly and a lot of viruses really don't like that.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Noblesse Obliged posted:

I've been told to boil cloth masks between uses so I guess I'm still ok then. I wonder if you can microwave them

I've heard that as well, also there was a study that said that 5 mins at 70f was enough to render it undetectable... And I'm not sure which study is more accurate.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Did a bat gently caress a waterbear or what?!?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
60c is lower than anyone was saying before, like you yourself can work a full day at that temp miserably, also chemicals and washing with soap are things

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Spinz posted:

Did a bat gently caress a waterbear or what?!?

I wonder if rule 34 applies here... And I'm scared to find out.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Everyone in this thread is racist except me

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

shovelbum posted:

60c is lower than anyone was saying before, like you yourself can work a full day at that temp miserably, also chemicals and washing with soap are things

60 degrees celsius = 140 degrees fahrenheit

Is this intentional?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I read a Trump administration scientific paper stating that the coronavirus multiplies the quickest when in between 57.2 F and 190.4 F

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

VikingSkull posted:

the only latin I know is taco

I dunno, what's a taco with you?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

So now Trump is defunding the WHO? Can he even do that or is that a Congress thing? Also I don't think the WHO now relying 100% on Bejing for funding will make them more trustworthy

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
You can only kill the virus by fuckin it

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Nah it just looses interest in you

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

in soviet china the virus fucks you

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Alright he’s gone and won’t return itt

Jeez take a nap and meltdowns galore

Carry on

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I 've read about this cordoba virus and it seems quite bad.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
free guac though

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

gary oldmans diary posted:

free guac though

Yeah they say it’s free but they add it to the cost of the menu

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

unpacked robinhood posted:

I 've read about this cordoba virus and it seems quite bad.

khan told me it has nice leather at least

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Cant wait to get my CRNAVRUS vanity plates

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Burt Sexual posted:

Alright he’s gone and won’t return itt

Jeez take a nap and meltdowns galore

Carry on

Burt since no one itt is asking

how are you doing

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

bird with big dick posted:

I read a Trump administration scientific paper stating that the coronavirus multiplies the quickest when in between 57.2 F and 190.4 F

Groundbreaking. I wonder if Trump has personally tweeted the NIH to let them know.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Mozi posted:

...the virus spread to man and took off, and it could have been prevented regardless of how exactly the virus got into the pangolin, that's what matters

Without knowing how the virus jumped species, you can't state that it could have been prevented.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
General Bullshit > We Are All Gonna Die: No titty or sock money!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Alan Smithee posted:

Burt since no one itt is asking

how are you doing

What do you mean?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I watched the corona virus briefing today I made it about 90 seconds in and Donnie was going all in on self promotion about poo poo he did 3 months ago so I turned it off.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Burt Sexual posted:

What do you mean?

Like how are you man you holding up ok, family good?

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Oh hey Trump's halting the USA's share of WHO funding AND he's doing that because they were "severely mismanaging and covering up the spread of coronavirus."

Say WHAT?!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

bird with big dick posted:

I watched the corona virus briefing today I made it about 90 seconds in and Donnie was going all in on self promotion about poo poo he did 3 months ago so I turned it off.

Same

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Lol yeah fine, I’d just rather not be forced to close this thread. It has a good blend of humor and info and release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I feel like you're about to ask for a raise or that you just wrecked dads car or something