Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nenonen posted:

If you can call 'pool of mud at the site' as mortar, sure

wait

that’s not what they meant by “mud brick construction”

well sheeeeeeeeeeet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

mud and brick construction

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I was waiting for it to start tipping over, then cut to the video of the guys holding the casket and dancing

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

That reminds me of the goon that wanted to hand dig a rape dungeon "server storage bunker" in his back yard through what I believe people commonly refer to as Texas "hardpan".

mr.belowaverage
Aug 16, 2004

we have an irc channel at #SA_MeetingWomen
I'll take Things Prefaced by "How Hard Can it Be?" for $400, Alex

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

This is basically every religious group building schools in developing nations.gifv

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

If this is a new school built by missionaries, the new cholera well is just off camera.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

That's just the early stages of a bitchin' curved brick archway. It's actually one of the most stable structures you can build.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
You guys are pathetic. Clearly it's a straight wall but the camera just has a fisheye lens.

The bricklayer is also superfit!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

https://www.sfgate.com/realestate/article/beachfront-Bolinas-mid-century-boat-builders-house-15201219.php#photo-19271275

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 16, 2020

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Mimic younglings haven't yet learned the importance of blending into the right kind of environment.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I'd love to take a dump there, but I definitely don't want the headache of living there.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

couldcareless posted:

I'd love to take a dump there, but I definitely don't want the headache of living there.

Ammonia headache.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
besides being a permanent tripping hazard and impossible to clean, holy poo poo the maintenance cost of that place.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
I'm gonna take a moment to complain about a monthly headache for me - whatever absolute fucker built our A/C intake to 19 3/4" x 19 3/4". I can get 19x19 filters! I can get 20x20! But unless I feel like shelling $$$ for custom washable filters, I'm either accepting 3/4" of gap or jamming a 20" filter in there and loving it up, hopefully not to the point where

I'm also going to bitch about the biddy who lived here before us and never had any preventative maintenance done ever, and her kids who remodeled the place after she croaked and used absolutely lovely materials. I have lovely, impossible-to-fully-clean, easily-cracked tile in the kitchen, lovely tile in the bathrooms and foyer, lovely grout in the bathroom that is literally crumbling out, and paint that is so loving godawful that it literally tears away like wallpaper if I try to use masking tape or scotch tape to stick anything to the walls! God forbid the kids draw on the walls, because Magic Eraser literally takes the paint off too.

Oh, wait - the washable filters won't work anyway because the space is JUST deep enough to take a disposable filter!

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Can you make a 3/4 inch frame to stick 19x19 filters into?

mr.belowaverage
Aug 16, 2004

I like it. It's like building a porch as your W.C., but closing it in enough for privacy. A++ would poo poo here daily.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

sleepy gary posted:

3/8" surely?

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

sleepy gary posted:

Maybe? I've cut plywood for hurricanes but that's about the extent of my woodworking skills. Thank you for the idea though!

mr.belowaverage
Aug 16, 2004

D34THROW posted:

Maybe? I've cut plywood for hurricanes but that's about the extent of my woodworking skills. Thank you for the idea though!

Just make two L shaped shims out of HDPE or even XPS foam. Glue them to the far and bottom inner edges if you feel fancy.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

ntan1 posted:

besides being a permanent tripping hazard and impossible to clean, holy poo poo the maintenance cost of that place.

It was made by boat builders so that tracks

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Nenonen posted:

If you can call 'pool of mud at the site' as mortar, sure
.... *rewatches video*

wait that's just... sitting on the ground? :staredog:

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

We're going to need to send the draft to committee for review.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Just the thing for when you come home hammered and need to spew.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

This is the dumbest thing I've seen all day. Who even came up with this? An actual child?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

You can't even move the table out of the way so you can have fun and swing.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

By popular demand posted:

This is the dumbest thing I've seen all day. Who even came up with this? An actual child?

You know in your heart that the real answer is that this is a kink thing.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Motronic posted:

You know in your heart that the real answer is that this is a kink thing.

swingers :barf:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

By popular demand posted:

A person with the making GBS threads instincts of a cat, hence the gravel nearby.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I'm the clean-out under the stairs, draining poo poo-water into the landscape stones.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

A person with the making GBS threads instincts of a cat, hence the gravel nearby.

Pretty sure they were talking about the swingset/dining table.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

1/10 for the concept, 10/10 for the execution.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Darchangel posted:

Pretty sure they were talking about the swingset/dining table.

Does it even matter

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

The grubby plunger sitting in the rocks really completes this one for me.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

I first noticed the double wall that blocks most of the windows of the middle section but that's only like the 10th weirdest thing about this Lovecraftian horror condo.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s like one of those cat images generated by a neural network.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

PainterofCrap posted:

I'm the clean-out under the stairs, draining poo poo-water into the landscape stones.

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

The grubby plunger sitting in the rocks really completes this one for me.

I'm the raccoon-sized tunnel next to the plunger and cleanout.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Warmachine posted:

I'm the raccoon-sized tunnel next to the plunger and cleanout.

That’s where the maid lives, don’t be rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

S'all right, the maid happens to be a raccoon.