Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is anyone pitching hydroxychloroquine as a universal cure-all yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

Is anyone pitching hydroxychloroquine as a universal cure-all yet?

No, Aquarium dude leapt on that grenade for us all. And I think Alex Jones stopped claiming his toothpaste protected from coronavirus.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

LOL we're all going to die so an extremely moist game show host in a diaper can pretend he's above criticism.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FFT posted:

I'm about halfway through and about to close it anyway but the number of times dude's brought up that apparently HIV doesn't cause AIDS is ridiculous. He's clearly got a bigger axe to grind than the current pandemic of concern.

She thought it was a good idea to isolate that bit and make it its own video lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3KUOxDEO7Q

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

HiroProtagonist posted:

So Trump isn't the government now, as the head of state?

I had this same exchange with my weirdo fundy coworker who supports Trump. He alluded to "the government wanting to control us" in regards to Covid19 and not only could I not figure how and why releasing a virus accomplishes that, but also how, in his mind I guess, it's not Trump and the GOP attempting to do the controlling.

Which makes no sense since the GOP basically controls everything but the House right now.

Also, there's been an Obama sighting and he has opinions on FOX News so expect to hear about that

Obama Warns Of Fox News Propaganda During Biden Endorsement

http://www.newshounds.us/obama_warns_fox_news_propaganda_biden_endorsement_041420

OBAMA posted:

The other side has a massive war chest. The other side has a propaganda network with little regard for the truth.

“One thing everybody has learned by now is that the Republicans occupying the White House and running the U.S. Senate are not interested in progress. They’re interested in power,” Obama continued, in an epic smackdown of Trumpism. He described it as a politics “characterized by corruption, carelessness, self-dealing, disinformation, ignorance, and just plain meanness.”

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

BiggerBoat posted:

Also, there's been an Obama sighting and he has opinions on FOX News so expect to hear about that

Normally they'd probably bash Obama's lack of decorum or somesuch but with Trump in office I really don't know how they'll spin it.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Vichan posted:

Normally they'd probably bash Obama's lack of decorum or somesuch but with Trump in office I really don't know how they'll spin it.

My gentle goon, have the last three years taught you nothing? They'll do exactly that, throw in some "dignity of the office" and keep right on trucking. They are immune to hypocrisy. All that matters is attacking Emmanuel Goldstein Obama and proving 'liberals bad'.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The President is a Republican stop is gone back to being treason to question or criticise him.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Guy who made a long three part series taking apart Dave Rubin puts James O'Keefe of Project Veritas in his crosshairs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8buQLy1dWD8

I had no idea O'Keefe was a true believer. That makes everything he does way more psycho.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

So the stimulus checks are being delayed so that Trump can put his name on them. Seriously.

Remember when RWM freaked out about Obama's plane or when they thought he redesigned the presidential seal? Remember when they said he was arrogant and that his supporters worshiped him like he was a king?

Yeah.

Some of these physical checks are being delayed so they can add Trump's name like it's a building or something

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
It's only arrogant to worship a king if it's not THEIR designated king :colbert:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Groovelord Neato posted:

Guy who made a long three part series taking apart Dave Rubin puts James O'Keefe of Project Veritas in his crosshairs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8buQLy1dWD8

I had no idea O'Keefe was a true believer. That makes everything he does way more psycho.

Oh yeah, O'Keefe 100% buys into his own bullshit. It isn't like Rubin where he's grifting the only people that can tolerate him.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Fox news now going fullon conspiracy theorist on the Coronavirus origin.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/coronavirus-wuhan-lab-china-compete-us-sources

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

BiggerBoat posted:

So the stimulus checks are being delayed so that Trump can put his name on them. Seriously.

Remember when RWM freaked out about Obama's plane or when they thought he redesigned the presidential seal? Remember when they said he was arrogant and that his supporters worshiped him like he was a king?

Yeah.

Some of these physical checks are being delayed so they can add Trump's name like it's a building or something

Not gonna lie, like 54% of me would rather say gently caress the $4.5k than cash a check with the orange blob's name on it.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

D34THROW posted:

Not gonna lie, like 54% of me would rather say gently caress the $4.5k than cash a check with the orange blob's name on it.
The better answer is to accept it and then donate a not-insignificant amount of it to causes and politicians Trump hates.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Deptfordx posted:

Fox news now going fullon conspiracy theorist on the Coronavirus origin.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/coronavirus-wuhan-lab-china-compete-us-sources

Given the on the record quotes from Pompeo I would say that it's more than just Fox News.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
so apparently RWM is shifting from "only 100k deaths" to "2-3% are gonna die and I hunger for the death of children"

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1250807416872189952

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
DR. OZ: “Schools are a very appetizing opportunity.”

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

so apparently RWM is shifting from "only 100k deaths" to "2-3% are gonna die and I hunger for the death of children"

Death panels??

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Flesh Forge posted:

Even better, just like with antivaxx idiots, the "only cost us 2-3%" isn't necessarily even the kids or their families. It will include people potentially multiple degrees away from the school.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

If one person in a million dies from a vaccine that's too many, but if 3% of us die of measles that's a price I'm willing to pay

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Abortion is so evil can you believe liberals want to kill babies, it's sick! Every life is sacred!

Anyway so 2-3% of kids might die if we send them back to school but hey that's not so bad if you think about it.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

"Only 2 or 3%"

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I think he was claiming it might inflate the total mortality by 2-3%, not that 2-3% of kids would die. I mean, it's still horrific and stupid (much like every other aspect of Dr. Oz) but it's not quite as bad as all that.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Testekill posted:

Oh yeah, O'Keefe 100% buys into his own bullshit.

What threw me off is how he has to ridiculously edit his videos to make the people look bad. Or show up on Fox dressed in a pimp suit and claim he dressed like that when he went to Planned Parenthood. I guess it's a combination of being very dumb because anyone with a scintilla of intelligence would go "hmm maybe this is all bullshit".

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 17, 2020

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

PT6A posted:

I think he was claiming it might inflate the total mortality by 2-3%, not that 2-3% of kids would die. I mean, it's still horrific and stupid (much like every other aspect of Dr. Oz) but it's not quite as bad as all that.

counterpoint: appetizing :btroll:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Groovelord Neato posted:

What threw me off is how he has to ridiculously edit his videos to make the people look bad. Or show up on Fox dressed in a pimp suit and claim he dressed like that when he went to Planned Parenthood. I guess it's a combination of being very dumb because anyone with a scintilla of intelligence would go "hmm maybe this is all bullshit".

O'Keefe is a true believer that is both exceptionally stupid and has people falling over themselves to believe him. That's basically it, he doesn't possess the criticial thinking to understand that he does a lot of illegal poo poo and he has a bunch of right wing assholes protecting him from any consequences.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flesh Forge posted:

counterpoint: appetizing :btroll:

Further counterpoint, why would you defend loving Dr Oz?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I will remind everyone that James O'Keefe got his start protesting against Lucky Charms being served in the Rutgers campus cafeteria.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

GoutPatrol posted:

I will remind everyone that James O'Keefe got his start protesting against Lucky Charms being served in the Rutgers campus cafeteria.

i didn't watch too far into the video but that's the first thing they covered

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Manuel Calavera posted:

Further counterpoint, why would you defend loving Dr Oz?

The best thing about calling out genuinely bad people is that you don't have to lie or misrepresent them to make them look bad. The simple truth will do if you're not greedy.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

FFT posted:

i didn't watch too far into the video but that's the first thing they covered

I didn't watch the video too, I just went to Rutgers when he was doing this. He's always been seen as a piece of poo poo.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Testekill posted:

O'Keefe is a true believer that is both exceptionally stupid and has people falling over themselves to believe him. That's basically it, he doesn't possess the criticial thinking to understand that he does a lot of illegal poo poo and he has a bunch of right wing assholes protecting him from any consequences.

Can't wait for the episode that goes over him trying to bug a senate office and planning to lure a CNN reporter onto a boat and rape her.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Apr 17, 2020

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

GoutPatrol posted:

I didn't watch the video too, I just went to Rutgers when he was doing this. He's always been seen as a piece of poo poo.

oh yeah it's very clear up front about he started with a trap

"lucky charms are racist"

well there are two probable outcomes and either way looks bad because it's a setup.

"okay lucky charms are banned on campus" = "liberals!"

"that's obviously nonsense" = "liberals!"

foreverially this fuckin' comic

stringless fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Apr 17, 2020

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Big brain coming through

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1251124042834165760

:aaaaa:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

He gets even better in the replies. Smarmy, pedantic fuckhole convinced of his argument before he makes it so everyone else is just an excuse for him to show how right his argument was in the first place.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

i've been seeing way too many people completely misunderstanding what herd immunity is lately.

one is an old friend that's now active EMS like bro you should at least understand how awful getting to herd immunity levels would be for everyone that you've got to transport to a hospital for any reason

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

It always seems to happen with a virus or some other bad thing after it has been around for a while, people forget that you don't want the virus to infect anyone (or forget about the virus itself that started this) if it can be helped instead want to speed up to get to the end.

It's like a cartoon I saw ages ago where they wanted to get rid of a super slow motion explosion in their house by speeding it back up so it finishes exploding.

Flannelette fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Apr 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

bird food bathtub posted:

He gets even better in the replies. Smarmy, pedantic fuckhole convinced of his argument before he makes it so everyone else is just an excuse for him to show how right his argument was in the first place.

I've had a few similar run-ins with Walter Bright (inventor of the D programming language) on Hacker News, on various subjects.

It's just this stereotypical engineer personification of the Dunning-Kruger effect, who think they know everything, just because they're smart in one area. Sometimes you really have to wade through them on HN, before you find the good comments. Better than Slashdot, though.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 17, 2020