Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Hazo posted:

Hahaha this is how Fox and talk radio and his other damage control networks are going to spin this, isn't it? Funny how for such a smart guy he needs a whole bunch of spineless toadies like you to scramble after the fact and go "well he ACTUALLY meant this you silly libs" every time he says something blindingly stupid.

Also he wondered aloud on live television about injecting yourself with bleach. Amplify and spread that.

Imagine being in that crowd doing the damage control knowing how dumb he is but never publicly show you know it it must take a lot of mental gymnastics it might make you go insane eventually run on sentence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sumb3GYuAT8

VikingSkull posted:

*fast forward a month*

CBD actually increases slightly risk of death associated with Covid-19

Oh, oh no

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Gianthogweed posted:

Then criticize him for the way he said it, not for what you thought he said. Spreading dangerous misinformation that could get people killed just because it earns you political points and a chuckle at "hurr hurr, look how dumb Trump is" is the worst way to criticize him.

The way he said his stupid poo poo was bad. How much ovaltine do we have to drink to get the special trump decoder ring to figure out what he's trying to say?

Also, who's the oppositional fool who would read our posts laughing and mocking the clownshit Trump says and decide "that's it! that's the tipping point! lysoling my lungs now!! that'll show them!!!"

It'd be less "dangerous" for every single person if your president would keep his mouth shut on anything related to medicine. He's thoroughly incapable of understanding even the basics and is proud of it.

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 24, 2020

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist

FieryBalrog posted:

Some real fuckin dumb poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Seeing a Prorat re-reg get probed set the tone for my weekend real nice

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Trump didn't loving say that. If you do think he said that then feel free to post the transcript of what he said.

"Intravenous light therapy" was a fad in the 1940s that fell out of favour (much like a lot of fake medical treatments of the time) but recently made a comeback because gullible idiots will pay money for any old poo poo.

https://health.wusf.usf.edu/post/despite-skeptics-alternative-doctors-detoxifying-blood-uv-rays#stream/0

How the gently caress could you read through that website you linked and think that any of that bullshit was the least bit convincing?

I seen these in ads you buy a hat and its got lights in it and you wear it and it makes your hair grow are you and Trump saying this light hat will also protect me from the roni.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Lmao, going with the tried and true Puppetmaster defense

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

bird with big dick posted:

And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside, or, or, almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number so it'll be interesting to check that.

this quote is obviously about the economy, which is why he refers to a "tremendous number", and all the references to things like lungs and disinfectants and so on are all part of an elaborate metaphor about the economy that you and other libs are too dumb to understand

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I seen these in ads you buy a hat and its got lights in it and you wear it and it makes your hair grow are you and Trump saying this light hat will also protect me from the roni.

It also cures seasonal affective disorder!

:sad:

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Gianthogweed posted:

He was talking about intravenous light therapy.
https://www.bridgewayinstitute.net/uvlrx-intravenous-light-therapy/

But of course everyone's amplifying and spreading the misinformation they thought he said, not what was actually said. Stop doing this please. You're doing more harm than good and it actually works in Trump's favor.

except after he talks about the light, he says "and then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute. Is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that."

He brought up disinfectant as a new subject.

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
Amazing that people will see/hear the wet president talking about using "light through the skin" to treat COVID-19, and think "our brilliant president means intravenous light therapy", and not that his perfectly smooth brain went straight to the tanning bed in master bedroom of the WH Residence.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Was abouat to ask where I could find some needles online to inject some bleach into my chest but found a couple perfectly usable ones in the gutter in front of my house, should be set

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

I had never seen that skit before what a cast and RIP Phil Hartman thanks for sharing that, I needed the laugh

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside, or, or, almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number so it'll be interesting to check that.

You left out the whole first part where he was talking about the UV light therapy.
https://youtu.be/33QdTOyXz3w

Now you can choose to believe that the "disinfectant" was the light therapy he was talking about the whole time. Or you could choose to believe that he was literally talking about injecting clorox bleach into your veins even though he never mentioned any of that.

Gianthogweed fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 24, 2020

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
This is like the cookbook scene on The Simpsons with the aliens

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Gianthogweed posted:

You left out the whole first part where he was talking about the UV light therapy.

Now you can choose to believe that the "disinfectant" was the light therapy he was talking about the whole time. Or you could choose to believe that he was literally talking about injecting bleach and clorox into your veins even though he never mentioned any of that.

and then I see the disinfectant
and then I see the disinfectant

he changes the subject

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh and here's something you Americans will be jealous of:

Not to mention that our Chief Medical Officer is in no danger of losing his job if he disagrees with the PM and there is already an inquiry into our response underway which has public hearings.

The areas where the public disagrees with the recommendations are being openly discussed, so the disagreement isn't undermining confidence in the overall plan (which acknowledges future waves are likely).

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
I dunno guys, if the defenders of our cheeto say "No no you guys he meant this medical treatment back in the 40s that could possibly work" and then he goes "just kidding trolled lol. It was sarcasm". I'm beginning to think that even his defenders are grasping at straws to keep the dissonance real.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Tipps posted:

Amazing that people will see/hear the wet president talking about using "light through the skin" to treat COVID-19, and think "our brilliant president means intravenous light therapy", and not that his perfectly smooth brain went straight to the tanning bed in master bedroom of the WH Residence.

You know drat well he doesn't use a tanning bed. That wet bitch is 100% spray tan - Just look at his collar on a warm day.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I bought one of those and hung it on my junk and it's been extremely well quarantined ever since so right now miracle light hats batting 1.000 imo

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
"Listen, when I said THROW WIDE THE BLOOD GATES, LET THE LORD OF CHAOS ENTER THE WORLD AND RULE THIS LAND IN FIRE AND SCREAMS I was just kidding, a little joshin' to see if you ho-dunk po-dunks would fall for it. And you did!"

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Lmao, going with the tried and true Puppetmaster defense

trump is the greatest troll of all time

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Gianthogweed posted:

Or you could choose to believe that he was literally talking about injecting clorox bleach into your veins even though he never mentioned any of that.

Except the part where he literaly suggested injecting disinfectant into your body. How you can continue to do these mental gymnastics is impressive, I have to say. You are truly a Special Person.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

it puts the UV in the skin or else it gets the crow again

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ArmZ posted:

trump is the greatest troll of all time

I mean.... yes actually

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I too, am like a person that has a good "you know what". Some are saying it's "very nice" in fact. Others have called it "cute". Thank you.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Gianthogweed posted:

Now you can choose to believe that the "disinfectant" was the light therapy he was talking about the whole time. Or you could choose to believe that he was literally talking about injecting clorox bleach into your veins even though he never mentioned any of that.

He literally uses the word "injection" but keep going if you want

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
When I get into internet arguments I like to escalate things by increasing my font size.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I just got an article ordered to summarize that video and I think this might be freelancer abuse. They want a transcript of that poo poo.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I just got an article ordered to summarize that video and I think this might be freelancer abuse. They want a transcript of that poo poo.

hope you got foot pedals :)

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

My prefered metric is that we're approaching 17 9/11s. Considering we spent more than $2 trillion and got few hundred thousand additional people killed in our response to just one 9/11, hearing conservatives bitch about overreacting to coronavirus is hilarious.

Now do the flu

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Hazo posted:

He literally uses the word "injection" but keep going if you want

also his whole argument is basically "he did say do stupid harmful poo poo X he said stupid harmful poo poo Y". even if trump was talking only about uvlrx it would still be bad because that poo poo is a scam

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Nope

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Except the part where he literaly suggested injecting disinfectant into your body. How you can continue to do these mental gymnastics is impressive, I have to say. You are truly a Special Person.

Did he say "THEIR rapists" implying that Mexico is sending their rapists. Or did he say "THEY'RE rapists" implying that all Mexicans are rapists? People choose what they want to hear based on their confirmation bias. But don't waste your time battling strawmen. Argue against the steelman.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Gianthogweed posted:

He literally said injection and literally said disinfectant you literal shitgibbon.

As has already been pointed out the "AND THEN" denotes a subject change but you don't even need that because during the light part he shows he knows that they have methods for using it internally "suppose you brought the light inside the body which you can do" and then during the disinfectant part he ASKS if there's a way we can get it inside the body, by injection.

You're completely full of poo poo. You're pathetic. Your president is pathetic. Your party is pathetic.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Gianthogweed posted:

Did he say "THEIR rapists" implying that Mexico is sending their rapists. Or did he say "THEY'RE rapists" implying that all Mexicans are rapists? People choose what they want to hear based on their confirmation bias. But don't waste your time battling strawmen. Argue against the steelman.

What does this have to do with Corona?

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Gianthogweed posted:

except this situation isn't like that at all

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.
About .0015 of the NYC population has died from corona. Lets say by March 1st next year deaths have only doubled from today. So .003.

.003 x 360 Million (US population) is a bit over 1 million deaths. Granted NYC spread the virus faster but people are still arguing that this is no worse than the flu, that there are millions and millions of undetected cases out there that thrust the mortality rate down to nothing. The math in hotbeds like NYC says otherwise.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gianthogweed posted:

He's already falling back on the puppetmaster defense and saying he was trolling the reporters but no, please continue defending that moronic bullshit by all means

https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/1253730872534224898

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

lol?

https://twitter.com/riccimike/status/1253722944963936256