Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Teketeketeketeke posted:

It got added to every page of everything everywhere, and cannot be un-bookmarked.

Yeah, it's a new feature for people (like me) who navigate from user control panel/bookmarks and thus rarely see announcements in forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Teketeketeketeke posted:

It got added to every page of everything everywhere, and cannot be un-bookmarked.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS said it will resolve in five days or so, after everyone has seen it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I honestly don't think five days is long enough for the message to reach the denser parts of D&D/C-SPAM.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I've literally been on a flight where that happened, though for us it was while we were on our way home anyway. Or at least, they thought they might have left a tool in the plane; by the time we landed they had found it in the shop.

This one was found still in the well :v:

I think I was on a different sortie that day because I remembering hearing some of it go down on SATCOM between the AC and Raymond and having laughs at their expense.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I honestly don't think five days is long enough for the message to reach the denser parts of D&D/C-SPAM.

The permabans it is generating will hopefully deliver that message to the depths.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Guest2553 posted:

Almost seems like an unintentional critique about the overbearing eye of state security and their surveillance methods. I ate a probe once for an awkwardly worded compare-and-contrast between US' superpower suicide trajectory and France's Yellow Vest movement in regards to populaces upholding their end of the social contract. It's not like CSPAM is generating Nobel laureates, but it's also weird to think I could have eaten a perma for engaging in good faith current event discussion.

Didn’t Martello get hosed by the green weenie for one of his posts here?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Didn’t Martello get hosed by the green weenie for one of his posts here?

Because of a haircut memo to his company, right?

Also didn’t Martello later become a cop and end up facing charges from an incredibly bad shooting?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Also didn’t Martello later become a cop and end up facing charges from an incredibly bad shooting?

Green weenie hosed him after the bullshit roadmarch.

And yes he panicked and killed someone

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Yes to both. His posts on SA showed up in his leaderships hands, and later when he was a civilian cop he killed a guy in an epically bad use of lethal force. Like textbook bad.

I’ve got the local newspaper that’s been covering his story bookmarked, but sharing that ties his real name to his SA name and I’m not trying to doxx anyone. Suffice to say, life hasn’t been going great for Martello. Going worse for the guy he killed, but still.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
His trial was supposed to be coming up soon.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I found his name elsewhere and he was found not guilty last month.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Yes to both. His posts on SA showed up in his leaderships hands, and later when he was a civilian cop he killed a guy in an epically bad use of lethal force. Like textbook bad.

I’ve got the local newspaper that’s been covering his story bookmarked, but sharing that ties his real name to his SA name and I’m not trying to doxx anyone. Suffice to say, life hasn’t been going great for Martello. Going worse for the guy he killed, but still.

TV Tropes. Not even once.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Can someone outline what happened with the shoot? I didn't know the dude, I got no interest in looking him up or anything, just morbid curiousity...

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
There was a situation where lethal force was absolutely not warranted. He used it. That's it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Can someone outline what happened with the shoot? I didn't know the dude, I got no interest in looking him up or anything, just morbid curiousity...

This is the best description I've seen yet.

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh-county/2020/03/videos-show-before-during-and-after-ex-cop-shot-man-outside-dorney-park.html

He was found not guilty a week after that article was posted.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
drat that's really fuckin sad :smith:

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Guest2553 posted:

I remember a sortie being recalled shortly after takeoff because a maintainer left a tool in the gear well.

drat, that sucks. When it's a frozen African kid they at least let the C-130 get to Germany at least.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I remember it being a 6th sortie, so it sucked more for the half of the jet that got NEOs :v:

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Guest2553 posted:

I remember it being a 6th sortie, so it sucked more for the half of the jet that got NEOs :v:

The correct move is to smash. That way you're preventing her from smashing strange men and looking after your buddy.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Wild T posted:

The correct move is to smash. That way you're preventing her from smashing strange men and looking after your buddy.

Obvious. Wouldn’t your rather raise your buddies kid than some strangers kid?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I love the memorandums going out about COVID and social distancing and facemasks.

Literally no one in my unit is following the guidelines. I was the only person on the entire base with a mask :cripes:

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

Thump! posted:

I love the memorandums going out about COVID and social distancing and facemasks.

Literally no one in my unit is following the guidelines. I was the only person on the entire base with a mask :cripes:

drat. Where are you? Nellis is taking it pretty seriously and bought masks for everyone.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Thump! posted:

Folks aren't being allowed on Ramstein without a mask. Turned away at the gate.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
i've been sat at home since early/mid march, i genuinely dont remember because time has melted together.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

My last day at work was yesterday, March 25th

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I still go to work 5-6 days/week and collective training is going strong.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

My Spirit Otter posted:

i've been sat at home since early/mid march, i genuinely dont remember because time has melted together.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

mlmp08 posted:

I still go to work 5-6 days/week and collective training is going strong.

i should be halfway done my trade course right now, but all training has been cancelled for some time.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

BULLETKISS posted:

drat. Where are you? Nellis is taking it pretty seriously and bought masks for everyone.

Wainwright. Can’t wait to go to work on a base full of covid zombies

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Christ, glad to see leadership there is as stupid as ever. Has anyone killed themselves in front of the mental health building recently, or was that just a one-off thing when I was there?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Up here in Wainwright (the Canadian one :canada:) we've had one confirmed plague case in the township, base is more or less closed, and we ain't allowed more than 50km away without CO approval (lots of fun here). Alberta is expected to peak Covid cases next month.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Suicidal thoughts and crimes are down “despite” telework...

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
Our maintainer left a screwdriver behind the avionics panel in our Cessna after phase mx. Chief pilot got in a screaming match with him saying “are you gonna call my wife and tell her I died because of your mistake” n poo poo like that. I just smoked a lucky and watched the fireworks

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

DarkDobe posted:

we ain't allowed more than 50km away without CO approval (lots of fun here)

pretty sure thats force wide, but absolutely sucks for remote, lovely bases like *checks notes* all of them outside of Ontario, Edmonton and Esquimalt

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Icon Of Sin posted:

Christ, glad to see leadership there is as stupid as ever. Has anyone killed themselves in front of the mental health building recently, or was that just a one-off thing when I was there?

Surprisingly no, though I’m sure it’s coming soon. We’re quarantining dudes in the same barracks that hd two suicides last year though, so that’s pretty neat. I’m sure we’ll have another third floor jumper any day now.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

Thump! posted:

Surprisingly no, though I’m sure it’s coming soon. We’re quarantining dudes in the same barracks that hd two suicides last year though, so that’s pretty neat. I’m sure we’ll have another third floor jumper any day now.

Leadership: "I mean, what are the odds that it would happen a third time? Practically one in a million!"

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Outside of the outbreak of a major war, right now is the time I'm the most glad not to be in anymore. I can only imagine the bullshit.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/MacWBishop/status/1254867756228530181

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

I am once again the only person on this base wearing a mask at work or practicing social distancing. I caught a group of six soldiers standing closely together trading a vape pen around.

I just shook my head, called them loving idiots, and walked away. It’s just a big joke around here. They’re enforcing masks at the PX and gyms, but in work spaces? Lol no one gives a gently caress.

Two more months and I go in terminal, here’s hoping I don’t get stop lossed or anything crazy :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

You're going to get stop lossed.