Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

shovelbum posted:

Yeah it's like an oily substance right that's why it hangs around on the ground for a long time?

Yeah and it was a real problem on the Western front because guys would go so long without fresh water that they'd try drinking the water at the bottom of shell craters and between the diseases from bodies and that on the surface they'd basically kill themselves.

e- phosgene and chlorine were the two gases everyone thinks about for WWI when you see the pictures of drifting clouds, but shells also carried mustard gas which was sprayed from the shells primarily as an area denial weapon

VikingSkull fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Apr 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

ruddiger posted:

That’s because it’s not a stimulus. It’s a sieve to give the illusion of worker protection while in reality everything from day one has been put in place to protect big businesses while providing the bare minimum for the employees.

In short, it’s capitalism, baby.

Honestly can't argue with it. Who the gently caress in their right mind wants the Gov't to prop up domestic oil and airlines when they can loving bankrupt and restructure thus letting their employees own more while keeping their jobs.

Sir Not Appearing posted:

I used just the regular direct deposit option from Turbotax and my $3400 was deposited like clockwork on 4/15 even though my bank refused the ach transfer for my tax returns a few weeks earlier because "[insert a string of lots of Banky Mcbankerson terms] and filing taxes online is wacky, why I never"-according to their reply after I ripped them a new one via email and told them as soon as this is over, I'm switching banks.

I wonder why they're late on the advance cards?

My dude you need to date and timestamp everything and send it to the gov't bank regulatory weenies mostly because I love seeing banks sweat.

meat police fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 25, 2020

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

I wanna buy myself a corona present should I get:

1. Lego to build

2. Macro lens to take pictures of flowers and bugs and cats

3. RC car to run around in the desert behind my house.

Rc fuckin car.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Duck and Cover posted:

He's still being lovely. For every one of his "funny" quips there's many that aren't funny and dilute conversation in this thread (the "funny" ones do that too). Please don't encourage garbage to poo poo up the place. Right now he's trying his best to make sure we aren't discussing how Trump suggested injecting disinfectant as a cure.

At least that's the effect if not the intent, I mean he can't honestly think he's funny that'd be insane.

This is exactly what he's doing. Anytime something comes up that's just breathtakingly stupid, the chuds post their off topic one liners to distract from the insane poo poo that they don't want to admit is true even though they absolutely know it.

It's a super common and easily recognizable defense. It works really well too for dumb people.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Sorry, I'm not commenting on vikingskull specifically. Just that I weirdly use this thread for most of my useful news on coronavirus and when you guys line up 50 deep to endlessly dunk on the orange man every time he says anything it becomes unreadable and an objectively worse thread.

Which is fine, trump is fine, that is your Lowtax given right as posters but I'm responding to the poster that is mad people aren't talking about Trump.

Trump is directly related to the virus and he is giving absolutely insane advice about medical treatments.

He is absolutely core to the conversation.

Not to mention literally everything else like deaths, infections, ventilators, PPE, medical care, frontline workers, stimulus checks, unemployment, etc.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

shovelbum posted:

Why do people call everything mustard gas, which is such a weird and specific thing that causes very specific symptoms

Joe Dirt, American 🇺🇸

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

anatomi posted:

Wait, did Trump actually suggest people inject disinfectants? What the gently caress?

No, he suggested doctors should do it for you.

But then the next morning he said he was just joking

But then a few hours after that he reconsidered his stance again and invented the really frickin' awesome idea of using disinfectant ON YOUR HANDS which he thinks might have a lot of potential and he's going to get a lab to look into it
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1253742051159498753

Holy poo poo, people disinfecting their hands? This could be a game changer!

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Looks like yesterday was the highest daily uptick in US covid cases since this thing started.

Timing fits for an Easter surge - things are about to get real spicy in about a week when that combines with the current reopening/protest surge. Death upticks will probably lag a week after the infection uptick.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I like how he used the qualifier “even.” Like he’s saying everyone obviously knows disinfectants work INSIDE the body, but did you know they even work on the OUTSIDE???

“I think that would work” loving lmao

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

I've been keeping it pretty cool since starting self isolation back on march 10th but drat these latest trump tweets are really worrying. How does everyone just stand by in the same room and allow him just just say the stupidest loving bullshit imaginable? While thousands of people are dying a day just in this country. Hoo boy this train just dont stop... it feels like we haven't even left the station yet.

There's only one thing left to do now... smoke a lot of drugs.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

But then the next morning he said he was just joking

But then a few hours after that he reconsidered his stance again and invented the really frickin' awesome idea of using disinfectant ON YOUR HANDS which he thinks might have a lot of potential and he's going to get a lab to look into it
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1253742051159498753

Holy poo poo, people disinfecting their hands? This could be a game changer!

Can we get some of the resident Trump lovers to explain how they can watch this video and think that the president of the united states is anything other than a total loving moron?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I've been lolling since November 9th, 2016 and most likely will have comedy provided on a daily basis until January 2025.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Can we get some of the resident Trump lovers to explain how they can watch this video and think that the president of the united states is anything other than a total loving moron?

contrast that with the fact that he's gonna absolutely destroy his opponent in a few months lmao

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

In general, all politicians are total loving morons. We just happen to have one that embraces it. It's refreshing in a way. Human suffering aside, it's very entertaining. And we got an entire sequel to look forward to!

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

It's really great that we have 10% of the global SARS-CoV-2 hospital deaths in the UK yet we have less than 1% of the population of the world.

Truly stupendous.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Akuma posted:

It's really great that we have 10% of the global SARS-CoV-2 hospital deaths in the UK yet we have less than 1% of the population of the world.

Truly stupendous.

I assume Boris Johnson learned absolutely nothing from almost dying from the virus himself?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Akuma posted:

Truly stupendous.

please stop letting people know other countries have a worse response than the US, it's counter to the thread's internal narrative and very disruptive

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

While thousands of people are dying a day just in this country. Hoo boy this train just dont stop... it feels like we haven't even left the station yet.

That’s been irritating the hell out of me too. I’m seeing all these Covidiots parroting trump talking points and making internet comments along the lines of “We’ve flattened the curve, time to open for business because!” / “The economic effects will be worse!” / “The mortality rate is only 1%, stop being so alarmist!”

I feel like every one of these fuckheads should be forced to listen to the recording of that old lady begging her Alexa device to call the hospital and make the pain stop as she suffocated to death alone and scared in her apartment. Then they can go out and go bowling to own the libs or whatever.

Spoilered for courtesy because I haven’t listened to it but just the description really hosed me up even worse than the firsthand survivor accounts in this thread

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

VikingSkull posted:

contrast that with the fact that he's gonna absolutely destroy his opponent in a few months lmao

who gives a poo poo

our current president who is in charge of this is a total loving moron

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Inept posted:

who gives a poo poo

our current president who is in charge of this is a total loving moron

Joe Biden wouldn't have stopped flights from China at all, he said that publicly, and he's the opponent Trump is facing

he literally would have handled this worse than Trump which is both true and beyond belief

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

people will watch that video and say to themselves 'yes, it's a good thing that that person represents me to the international community'

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

The first and only debate is gonna be an absolute poo poo show between Trump being unable to speak in anything but word salad peppered in lies and Joe Biden's sundowning pudding brain.

And there will be only one debate because Donny is gonna chicken out of any additional ones. The democrats will ignore the tsunami of public rage and continue sitting around wrining their hands about decorum. The chuds will then nod sagely and tell themselves, "Those debates are only gotcha questions anyways!" before they shoot their family pet and eat its genitals because Trump had suggested that might be a treatment for the roni.

:911:

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

VikingSkull posted:

Joe Biden wouldn't have stopped flights from China at all, he said that publicly, and he's the opponent Trump is facing

he literally would have handled this worse than Trump which is both true and beyond belief

I get that you keep trying to pivot to biden, but it doesn't matter

trump is in charge and is a moron

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Inept posted:

it would be nice if anyone directed a question at me like "do you think Trump handled this well" so I could say no he didn't and we could move on with our lives

but none of you are actually interested in that you just want an enemy to direct anger at

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

VikingSkull posted:

Ah, the classic tu quoque variation trumpsuckers love. “Our guy is a dangerous demented narcissistic sociopath with the mind of a child and a verified history of adultery and sexual abuse... but Biden makes gaffes and was accused of assault.”

edit just in case you try to misrepresent this: to clarify they’re both terrible but acting like they’re in any way comparable is ludicrous and it’s very important that you understand that

Hazo fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Apr 25, 2020

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

hi. who loving cares. stick to the present please.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
lol see

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

VikingSkull posted:

it would be nice if anyone directed a question at me like "do you think Trump handled this well" so I could say no he didn't and we could move on with our lives

but none of you are actually interested in that you just want an enemy to direct anger at

I'm not angry at you man. I'm just pointing out that trump is handling things and the election, whatever the result, doesn't matter at the moment.

A lot of people are pissed at trump because he's so loving stupid and has handled this like poo poo, but people keep coming in to defend trump for who loving knows what reason. Why would you defend a politician that's loving up. It's some dumb politics team sports poo poo.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Ok fine. I don’t want to get Burted for personal political attacks so this is only because you asked:

Do you watch that video and agree that yes, that person was and is the most qualified person, out of any of the candidates, to run the USA? Do you think that person deserves respect and support?

And sure, while you’re at it, feel free to answer OPs question of “Do you think that person is anything other than a total loving moron?”

Hazo fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 25, 2020

Faith For Two
Aug 27, 2015

r u ready to WALK posted:

how did they know :tinfoil:

they were off by a single month on a 5 year prediction

Actually, that's a reupload because the original version was taken down for some reason. Looks like it was an 8 year prediction. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3092346/

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

VikingSkull posted:

Stopping flights did fuckall.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

VikingSkull posted:

Trump didn't stop all flights from China.

He stopped Chinese citizens from flying to the US from China, he still allowed US citizens to fly from China to the US.

And the US is mostly fighting the strain from Europe.

And the virus was probably already here.

Biden would not have fired the Pandemic response team.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Inept posted:

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This is exactly what he's doing. Anytime something comes up that's just breathtakingly stupid, the chuds post their off topic one liners to distract from the insane poo poo that they don't want to admit is true even though they absolutely know it.

It's a super common and easily recognizable defense. It works really well too for dumb people.

See?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Powerful self own in many many ways

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1253888990354321409?s=21

But Biden would have surely handled this worse. :shuckyes:

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 25, 2020

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
back to work in a lit of states is set to may 1st, once things get back to normal all of this will be forgotten. hopefully a vaccine shortly follows.

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

we fuck each other very well and we have a lot of energy from eating plantfoods
It won't, and people getting back to work that soon is going to cause a resurgence.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

I said come in! posted:

I assume Boris Johnson learned absolutely nothing from almost dying from the virus himself?

Abso-loving-lutely nothing.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is there a corona briefing today?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

Is there a corona briefing today?

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Wasn’t Trump stopping flights from China basically a formality since, by that point, practically every carrier had stopped of their own volition? Am I imagining that piece of news?