Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cwinkle
Mar 7, 2008
Just throwing this out there as someone who ingested bleach daily for five months: UV light breaks down the chemicals in bleach rendering it ineffective. That's why it is sold in opaque containers. So if you plan on these for treatment you need to pick one or the other...not both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

Mr.Popadopolis posted:

because my imagined medical breakthrough here makes a lot less sense when that's the case

No poo poo dickhead.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

bird with big dick posted:

Please lock GBS for everyone that doesn’t have a 9” minimum penis length

If the penis is made of silicone does that count

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

What I'm saying is that it could be interesting to look into washing single cells with soap and water to get rid of corona-virus in our bodies. It works on the outside and is literally on of the few things mother nature has given us to fight this thing. That's all I'm saying.

Mr.Popadopolis
Oct 9, 2007
Not my real name

Rectal Death Adept posted:

what happens when you inhale food by accident? Do my lungs permanently have chili in them now?

yes and it's called hormels lymphoma

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

dee eight posted:

Can you cook a pizza with UV light? Then eat the UV infused pizza to treat corona virus? Would I have to eat 19 pizzas to make sure I get all the viruseses?

On a happier note, my work furlough got extended to June 1st.

e: I'm losing it. 2nd time I posted the same thing ITT

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

what happens when you inhale food by accident? Do my lungs permanently have chili in them now?

Yes. Eventually your lungs completely fill with food and you die of "respiratory failure" in your 80s.

That's why your breath smells bad, it's all the rotting food in your lungs.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
is that strawberry jam

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ah yes, the classic mozzarella and salami and raspberry jam pizza.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

is this the virus viewed through an electron microscope

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im expecting the reveal thats pancake dough

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yes. Eventually your lungs completely fill with food and you die of "respiratory failure" in your 80s.

That's why your breath smells bad, it's all the rotting food in your lungs.

hmm well a vacuum is good for picking up bits of food of the ground, maybe we can use it to pick up food from inside the lungs??

wait a minute, has anyone ever tried vacuuming the virus? perhaps this should be looked into!

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Pitdragon posted:

wait a minute, has anyone ever tried vacuuming the virus? perhaps this should be looked into!

Mister we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

VikingSkull posted:

is this the virus viewed through an electron microscope

Uvl kills the virus before it enters your body. Does not cook evenly.

Garlic, onion, mozzarella, soppressata, fresh tomatoes, homemade marinara sauce, and fig jam.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Everyone knows that exposing your internal organs to UV radiation fucks them up.

What this post presupposes is, maybe it doesn't

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
fig jam on pizza is actually worse than pineapple

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i just don't like all this UV talk. ultra violent radiation is harmful to our kids mental health and really we should only allow them to be exposed to PGV at most

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Figs are worse than pineapples so that tracks.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Mozi posted:

i just don't like all this UV talk. ultra violent radiation is harmful to our kids mental health and really we should only allow them to be exposed to PGV at most

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The most useless belt

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

holy gently caress

naem
May 29, 2011

I’d like to point out I found that on the front page of Imgur©️®️™️ and hand nothing to do with with its creation

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
No UV light will totally work.

You see the biochemistry of viruses, they work by just sitting on the surface of the cell and then doing all their dirty deeds from there. That's just how viruses work. That's science.
So you can just hit them with a disinfectant thats strong enough to kill the virus without the cell it's daintily sitting on.
Man we'd be really hosed if the virus ever went in the cells now wouldn't we haha. If that ever happened shining light at the cells would be pretty pointless haha.

If you burn someone's extremely sensitive lung tissue with UV light, they'll have about an hour to live as their lungs fill up with fluid and then they die.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Yes. I presume white blood cells eat away any foreign bodies in the lungs but it probably takes a while. Don’t get a whole chicken wing in there.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

The Fattest PI posted:

You see the biochemistry of viruses, they work by just sitting on the surface of the cell and then doing all their dirty deeds from there. That's just how viruses work. That's science.
So you can just hit them with a disinfectant thats strong enough to kill the virus without the cell it's daintily sitting on.
Man we'd be really hosed if the virus ever went in the cells now wouldn't we haha. If that ever happened shining light at the cells would be pretty pointless haha.

If you burn someone's extremely sensitive lung tissue with UV light, they'll have about an hour to live as their lungs fill up with fluid and then they die.

So it works like bloodsport?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

The Fattest PI posted:

You say this like it’s a bad thing for someone who’s made that kind of decision.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
The mirror scene in Indiana Jones but it’s ultraviolet rays cooking your organs

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Your lungs have cilia that slowly push small debris up and out your lungs where you probably just swallow it. Anything bigger you'll cough out. Some debris is too small or too sharp or hosed up to get swept out and stays there forever loving you up. Silica and asbestos are some of the more well known things. Their particles are tiny and sharp and just stab into your cells and sit there loving with it until it mutates into cancer. Wear your PPE.
I worked with some dudes who worked in a paint shop where they'd spray paint out of a paint sprayer and not wear a mask. This wasn't just any paint either it was industrial coatings for pipe. If you just set down a tool in the paint shop and came back in a week or two it would have like 10mm of paint layered on it when you went back for it. There was just so much paint in the air when they were painting. That poo poo is gonna be in them forever.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
i'm hung like a cilia

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So it works like bloodsport?

A yes, the Dim Mock.

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams

LimburgLimbo posted:

This is an incredibly dumb take.

There's literally thousands of people who have dedicated their entire lives and decades of learning and researching into how to fight viruses. They know all about this poo poo and there's reasons it's not floated as possible cures, and that you think that Trump was doing anything but just repeating some poo poo he heard previously in another context it's because you are in fact dumb as hell dude.

The reason Trump seems obsessed with the idea of a deus ex machina miracle cure coming up is because he's completely out of his depth and doesn't know how to lead, doesn't know how to listen to experts, doesn't know how to take in and contextualize new information, and frankly doesn't have the balls to make hard decisions.

He's grasping at straws because he's not competent enough to deal with complex issues so he looks for simple solutions, even when they're complete fantasy.

well put. He is also a grifter who never did a day's real work in his life, his daddy built the name and fortune he inherited and his name has been the means of his success, I mean how could he not know what he's doing? He's Trump. And now his name isn't getting him anything, he's losing his fortune because it's socked into golf courses and resorts and hotels, and he's floundering pathetically while thousands of Americans die horrific deaths every day under his presidency and even dogwhistling to his base doesn't work because everyone is terrified of this thing that he cannot co-opt or spin in any meaningful way - for him.

A "normal" president would offer guidance, praise, compassion, condolences, have started mobilizing in February or March and worked with state governors from the get-go, ignoring or at least not playing up partisan politics. I just cannot even comprehend how loving surreal it is to have a pandemic in the trump era, and I am not an American.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
This thread has gotten v confusing

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Spinz posted:

At your age this is very understandable.

Under no circumstances go to a nursing home right now. Give it a year or two.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Spinz posted:

Just remember these simple steps

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Huggybear posted:

well put. He is also a grifter who never did a day's real work in his life, his daddy built the name and fortune he inherited and his name has been the means of his success, I mean how could he not know what he's doing? He's Trump. And now his name isn't getting him anything, he's losing his fortune because it's socked into golf courses and resorts and hotels, and he's floundering pathetically while thousands of Americans die horrific deaths every day under his presidency and even dogwhistling to his base doesn't work because everyone is terrified of this thing that he cannot co-opt or spin in any meaningful way - for him.

A "normal" president would offer guidance, praise, compassion, condolences, have started mobilizing in February or March and worked with state governors from the get-go, ignoring or at least not playing up partisan politics. I just cannot even comprehend how loving surreal it is to have a pandemic in the trump era, and I am not an American.

His base is eating this up though?

edit: like his approval ratings within his own party are high 90s

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

bird with big dick posted:

Please lock GBS for everyone that doesn’t have a 9” minimum penis length

Innie or outie?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Sucks to be slammed by an intelligent poster. I skimmed your post history
Oh well

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The Fattest PI posted:

WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Shooting high energy light through a fibreoptic tube stuffed down my urethra to peel away the old flesh and rejuvenate my insides, in order to revert my hypogonadism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

:drat: