Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Mnoba posted:

george soros propoganda is exactly what this thread needs thanks for sharing!

what the gently caress aren’t you supposed to be working

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

Why does the baby still need a facemask when he's already suffocating inside the plastic bag? :confused:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Mr. President, what’s on your mind?

“just thinking about them spurts.”

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1255226827611738116?s=21

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If I can't watch the Denver Broncos win the Super Bowl next year then I don't want to live.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Next Trump idea to stop the virus: all Americans must wear the gurglespurt pants.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Wait I thought Trump was just pronouncing sports weird nevermind

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Chinatown posted:

So I work in commercial real estate.

Hey me too, on the customer side. I'm on the small real estate team for a giant corporation. I can confirm that the brokers and landlords are FREAKING OUT right now. Part of it is bracing for a likely global recession, and part of it is a lot of white collar jobs being forced into a 2+ month work from home pilot. We already had a pretty accommodating work from home culture so it won't move the needle much for us.

We just renewed an office lease in a major market, and the rent comps went down 10% in the last 6 months (and we signed for less than that because vacancy rates went from sub 2% to double digits).
Our construction quotes are dropping, because that industry is very, very concerned too.

It's a really good time to be in the IT computer toucher field or anything in the supply chain to enable telecommuting.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Mons Hubris posted:

Somebody else empties the trash can so I would feel bad using something I can't pack up and haul out

Well, there's also the Groover. Or dog poop bags. I thought these logistics were considered a solved problem for goons.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Hadlock posted:

Also, don't think this is an N95 machine but lol look at all that non-organic super fine fiber partible poo poo flying around in there, all those people have lung cancer now. An hour in there is probably equivalent to working in an asbestos mine for a lifetime. There's white fuzz everywhere even though they just wiped down everything. Lady in the corner knitting isn't even wearing a mask.

They need to wear some of the n95 masks they are making. But how do you start from 0 masks?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Hold your breath dummy

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Florida, the state with the worst unemployment system in the US, has labeled 40% of their applicants as "ineligible", with no reason given. 1.6% of us have received money so far lol.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Chinatown posted:

So I work in commercial real estate. Below is what they think NEW workstations will look like. Not sure if this is an elaborate joke or what.

Someone got paid to do this.

It doesn't have to be that expensive. (they're selling this through facebook).

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

mrfart posted:

Legitimately cannot tell if you are posting this as a joke or not.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

mrfart posted:

After all, who needs separator screens which can be disinfected?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Lolie posted:

Why disinfect them when you could throw them away and buy more from us???

naem
May 29, 2011

mrfart posted:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Lolie posted:

Fire kills germs good.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Look at all that wasted space in cubicles.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

mrfart posted:

Jesusfuckingchrist. . . like they know how the virus is transmitted in close proximity . . . right? If it can't stop a fart or a smelly lunch, then it's not going to stop Covid.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

dont know if it was posted itt yet but to me this poo poo is even worse:

https://www.fastcompany.com/90496843/flying-after-covid-19-will-never-be-the-same-heres-what-airplane-seats-could-look-like

how the gently caress do you even get out if you are in the middle

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Blistex posted:

Jesusfuckingchrist. . . like they know how the virus is transmitted in close proximity . . . right? If it can't stop a fart or a smelly lunch, then it's not going to stop Covid.

I just wanted to say that I never get tired of your 'tar. Watching physical violence be visited upon Andy Dick truly is the gift that never stops giving.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
these would all work fine if you have powerful fans in the floor and in the ceiling that are constantly pulling in air directly upwards and out of the building

i'm sure that part is just out of frame

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Blistex posted:

The government team from The Blob couldn’t stop my farts.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

:hmmyes:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52465172

The BBC posted:

US Vice-President Mike Pence has visited a top US hospital without wearing a mask, despite the medical centre's own rules that visitors wear personal protective equipment.

Mr Pence appeared to be the only person present not in a facial covering at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.

In a deleted tweet, the clinic said the vice-president had been notified in advance of its policy requiring masks.

Mr Pence leads the White House coronavirus taskforce.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Schadenboner posted:

I just wanted to say that I never get tired of your 'tar. Watching physical violence be visited upon Andy Dick truly is the gift that never stops giving.

legooolas
Jul 30, 2004

Who would have thought that in 2020 cube farms would look positively spacious and productivity-enhancing?

I suspect that lots of employers (who think working from home has worked well and can save them money) will be dumping having offices at all after this, and equally others will be doubling-down on cranking everyone into as small a space as possible with cameras to detect coughing/sneezing/anything non-productive, since they think people were sitting in their underwear playing computer games instead of working.

I sure hope I'm working at the former!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

legooolas posted:

people were sitting in their underwear playing computer games instead of working.

Please do not hax my webcam.

:mad:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
There will be no open offices like that panymore. Enclosed spaces are basically gas
chambers that slowly fill with virus breath. 3',6',12' it doesn't matter. After 8 hours the entire room has it.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Just saw an article saying grocery stores could start seeing meat shortages by the end of the week which means we definitely will because now assholes are going to start hoarding it again.

The warnings were a dog whistle from execs to Trump to get protection from lawsuits.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/28/politics/defense-production-act-executive-order-food-supply/index.html

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Hopper posted:

There will be no open offices like that panymore. Enclosed spaces are basically gas
chambers that slowly fill with virus breath. 3',6',12' it doesn't matter. After 8 hours the entire room has it.

lol nice things cost money

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

lol nice things cost money

I don't

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

I’ll gladly pay anyway bb

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

legooolas posted:

I suspect that lots of employers (who think working from home has worked well and can save them money) will be dumping having offices at all after this...

My company is doing this, they are "reimagining the way we work" and "transforming the office spaces" and other phrases that cause you to win at buzzword bingo 5 minutes into a 1 hour call.

To their credit they are very open about the fact that we can't safely have people share rooms in the foreseeable future, i.e. until the vaccine is here. And that they don't want us to. Ill workers can't work, after all.

What it means is that leases that were up for renewal have not been renewed, other offices will run out as soon as renewal comes up. But I have always worked remotely so nothing changes for me anyway.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Earwicker posted:

https://www.fastcompany.com/90496843/flying-after-covid-19-will-never-be-the-same-heres-what-airplane-seats-could-look-like

Same as now, you face gently caress the person in the seat next to you

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mons Hubris posted:

I had to start going back to work this week and I have legit been toying with the idea of bringing a piss jug so I only have to leave my office for number twos

Alright, well.

I guess I'll be the one to break it to you.

No. No do not "legit" bring in a container to urinate into into your office so that you can continue working uninterrupted. Please do not actually piss at your work desk.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Big Beef City posted:

Alright, well.

I guess I'll be the one to break it to you.

No. No do not "legit" bring in a container to urinate into into your office so that you can continue working uninterrupted. Please do not actually piss at your work desk.

Why not

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Earwicker posted:

Love to put 1/3 of my passengers directly in the firing line of snot rockets and plumes of the other 2/3

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah Why not it’s my office I don’t wanna get the roni walking the hall every 10 minutes to take a piss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I got a window that opens and faces the alley maybe I’ll just piss out the window tbh