Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
say it loud and say it proud dis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
nothing wrong with not haveing sex

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

When you think about it. Not having sex is the gayest thing you can do.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cool I'm the gayest person alive

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
im a centrist and think gay stuff where they gently caress a bunch is also epic

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Can we make it so straight people cant post in this thread either

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
2 threads with no straights...our kingdom grows

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Endorph posted:

Can we make it so straight people cant post in this thread either

Hate to say it but recent events have made me reluctantly forced to agree

this is where the "yuri is made for weird straight dudes" stereotype came from.

e: devil's advocate though, that vampire page where it's like "boy it's sure lucky I got this vampire body at a young age, and that you can turn into a vampire from sex" was a really, uh, weird moment. Not familiar enough with the manga to know how old that person's body is supposed to look but... Yeah.

We can all be weird about stuff regardless of orientation!

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 29, 2020

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

teens never gently caress

never read citrus if you're worried about that btw

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Im gay lol, nozomi and shino going to gently caress

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Personally i think its okay for stories to explore or not explore sex in any number of ways

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its ok to be disappointed in something not happening but the point isnt like validation or sone poo poo

Like be annoyed when a kiss isn't on screen, but like that wouldn't invalidate the fact the rest of the work is gay, its just means you have a preference

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

Im gay lol, nozomi and shino going to gently caress

no I'm gay

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

DisDisDis posted:

im a centrist and think gay stuff where they gently caress a bunch is also epic

Trying to make a joke about horse shoe theory and ponyplay but i got nothing

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
theres lots of cool stuff with sex and lots of cool stuff without it and i personally wouldnt wanna cut half of them off

im gay

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I'm straight but all I want to do is look for good manga recommendations and maybe give a shout out for an anime or two

hopefully y'all let me stay

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Read himegoto, the good one not the bad one

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

how can there be two pieces of media with the same name

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

Read himegoto, the good one not the bad one

which is which?

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

theres lots of cool stuff with sex and lots of cool stuff without it and i personally wouldnt wanna cut half of them off

im gay

I think so too, but I've had some pretty bad experiences that make some stuff pretty unpalatable to me. :shrug:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
someone tell me if the advice here is good

E: himegoto juukyuusai no seifuku to the abovr

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

that advice seems good but why wait until you're in private

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
It's just a thing that sticks with me after reading a lot of this stuff. I wasn't implying that their feelings aren't real if they don't gently caress, but I see how it could read that way. There's a lot of content out there where people ultimately deny themselves and go do the hetero thing, and it's depressing. When things are left open-ended, it leaves me room for doubt that they're going to persevere, and I do get sad about it. I'm an extremely anxious person with a lot of the optimism already stomped out of me. I'm not gay, but there's been a lot of fear in my life that's made me hesitate to be happy, and that's where I'm coming from. The physical intimacy in yuri feels like the leap I'm hoping they take for each other, and that's what I was trying to express but failed to while trying to be funny.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

"Clitch" posted:

When things are left open-ended, it leaves me room for doubt that they're going to persevere, and I do get sad about it. I'm an extremely anxious person with a lot of the optimism already stomped out of me. I'm not gay, but there's been a lot of fear in my life that's made me hesitate to be happy, and that's where I'm coming from.
Theres really not a lot of content like this and while im not gonna say 'dont be anxious' a straight person forcing this absurd standard on gay art is objectively awful. Theres a lot of het romcoms where the couple break up at the end or one of them gets hit by a car or something, but I doubt you'd say every het thing needs to have loving to be real.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

'Nuzzle into her a little bit, but if she backs off, tries to move away, or squirms, stop immediately. If she nuzzles into you or returns any kind of affection, look at her.'

drat, this is really in-depth

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

nuzzling is a pro move in intimate situations imo so this how to gets a thumbs up

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
The Misc. Shoujo, Josei, & Romance Thread: If she's excited to talk about them and mentions more gay content, then it may be more likely that she's open to kissing girls.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Cephas posted:

The Misc. Shoujo, Josei, & Romance Thread: If she's excited to talk about them and mentions more gay content, then it may be more likely that she's open to kissing girls.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

When you think about it. Not having sex is the gayest thing you can do.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/night_fashion_show#1 this was good lol

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

Trying to make a joke about horse shoe theory and ponyplay but i got nothing
just don't get into too much of a bind, otherwise it'll be shibari

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Endorph posted:

Theres really not a lot of content like this and while im not gonna say 'dont be anxious' a straight person forcing this absurd standard on gay art is objectively awful. Theres a lot of het romcoms where the couple break up at the end or one of them gets hit by a car or something, but I doubt you'd say every het thing needs to have loving to be real.

Run Away With Me, Girl is a current topic in this thread. It absolutely has to do with fear keeping someone from pursuing a gay relationship. I'm not going to go rifling through my reading history for more, but they're there. I'm not trying to force a litmus test for strength in relationships of any flavor on anyone. I'm not saying a lack of sex invalidates a relationship. It just leaves me less certain of them. I'm not looking for weaknesses in love stories. I read so many, gay and straight, because I want to see love succeed. Gay people face unique obstacles on top of things like incompatibility and tragedy that everyone has to deal with. Gay women face some especially frustrating ones, including when people deny them their identity and the notion that they somehow owe society another family unit. I really do try to be conscious of that in the yuri manga I read, and while I like fluff as much as anyone, I look for stories where the characters are emphatically gay with no room to dismiss them as just experimenting before they settle down. When a story pulls up at flirting and handholding, sometimes I feel like they're purposely leaving that on the table.

I'm sorry for the derail.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Are you trying to say that until the leads of Runaway With Me Girl sleep together you won't be sure they're gay? I assume i'm just misinterpreting your posts because that doesn't seem right, but if so that's kinda really weird.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Edit that was a bit too rude, nope, undo

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ah, that kind

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Ah, that kind
The kind that's like the like that that's in Yuyushiki?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clitch posted:

Gay women face some especially frustrating ones, including when people deny them their identity and the notion that they somehow owe society another family unit. I really do try to be conscious of that in the yuri manga I read, and while I like fluff as much as anyone, I look for stories where the characters are emphatically gay with no room to dismiss them as just experimenting before they settle down. When a story pulls up at flirting and handholding, sometimes I feel like they're purposely leaving that on the table.
as a gay woman: id really, REALLY prefer if you didnt. idiots are always going to read it as 'experimenting before they settle down.' the thought that this is some metric that we need to measure fiction by, about, and for lesbians by is not just awful, it's actively, existentially terrifying to me. please stop. the person denying gay women their identity is you. the fact that you are thinking about this while reading lesbian stories that clearly aren't going to end this way is insane, terrible, and predatory.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and furthermore there's plenty of stuff where people DO gently caress that still has people talking about how they're just experimenting. heck, that's actively a plot point in some yuri manga with loving, the push and pull of 'messing around' versus actually having feelings for someone. idk why loving is the breaking point where suddenly it becomes 'real' to you, when if anything sex is one of the things you'd probably have if it was just experimentation. we've all heard the trope about women being bi in college before settling down.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Apr 29, 2020

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Lately, I've been looking at manga where the MC is in college or working and it's still a difficult road. Also, it's been over a decade since I graduated HS, and each new shojo where it's HS setting I die inside a little over time. Anyone have new recc'd manga?

Bonus: No isekai works plz or weird controlling LI

Completed:
Jellyfish Princess and all her other series
Suppli and Mari Okazaki's other works
Paradise Kiss
Otoyome-gatari
Minato Machi Neko Machi
Watashi no Shounen
Palace Meidi
Futago
Shimanami Tasogare
Unlucky Mansion

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Alder posted:

Lately, I've been looking at manga where the MC is in college or working and it's still a difficult road. Also, it's been over a decade since I graduated HS, and each new shojo where it's HS setting I die inside a little over time. Anyone have new recc'd manga?

still sick is a workplace yuri manga that i dig. decent exploration of passions vs stability/safety and has some great jokes. since its a fairly short yuri manga the cast is basically just three people though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Alder posted:

Completed:
Jellyfish Princess and all her other series
Suppli and Mari Okazaki's other works
Paradise Kiss
Otoyome-gatari
Minato Machi Neko Machi
Watashi no Shounen
Palace Meidi
Futago
Shimanami Tasogare
Unlucky Mansion

Crescent Moon And Doughnuts is only a little over a volume in so there's not much to read yet, but I'm enjoying it a great deal so far.