Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

ImpAtom posted:

Cabba is Goten/Trunks tier though.

Wow now I want an arc of Vegeta going to Cabba's homeworld on the pretense of training him and bringing Trunks along and making him fight his 8 year old son the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Here is my power ranking list nobody gives a gently caress about.

Gogeta
Jiren
Broly (accidentally shot your dad mode)
Goku=Vegeta, except Goku's limit breaking thing is UI as opposed to BUFF SSJ VEGETA, but blue so he wins there. I'd say both UI Omen and Royal Blue are above mad broly.
Broly, yeah I know the movie might say otherwise at times but Goku didn't go all out yet till Broly went bonkers.
Freeza
<the rest of the cast, and especially pan here>
Tien
Yamcha.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zedd posted:

Gogeta
Jiren
Goku=Vegeta, except Goku's limit breaking thing is UI as opposed to BUFF SSJ VEGETA, but blue so he wins there. I'd say both UI Omen and Royal Blue are above mad broly.
Broly, yeah I know the movie might say otherwise at times but Goku didn't go all out yet till Broly went bonkers.
Freeza
Tien
Yamcha.

Yamcha beat a bunch of thugs while Tenshinhan got owned every time so I have to wonder about that last one.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Zedd posted:

Gogeta
Jiren
Freeza
Tien
Yamcha.

Where does Beerus fit?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

dr.acula posted:

Where does Beerus fit?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think Freeza was just as strong as Goku and Vegeta during the Broly movie.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think Freeza was just as strong as Goku and Vegeta during the Broly movie.

Probably more durable.

It's arguable that Golden Freeza is more powerful than baseline SSJ Blue, since he was stronger when they first fought he just had poo poo stamina. He's gotten over that now. Blue Kaioken or Prince of All Sparkles is another discussion.

But Freeza is sure as gently caress harder to hurt than Goku or Vegets. Never forget the hour long beat down he took from Broly without dropping Golden Form

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I imagine Freeza is at least on par with Bluegeta and Bloku but lags behind their other forms.

Which is why we're waiting for the advent of PLATINUM FREEZA.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Many moons ago someone in this thread suggested the idea of Rose Gold Cooler and I've wanted nothing else ever since.

If only for the idea that Rosé Cooler would also make him Wine Cooler.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Many moons ago someone in this thread suggested the idea of Rose Gold Cooler and I've wanted nothing else ever since.

If only for the idea that Rosé Cooler would also make him Wine Cooler.

But that would mean Cooler was stealing his super form name from a Goku

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
An evil Goku though.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Cooler and Zamasu got white girl wasted and came up with the naming together

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Nanigans posted:

Anyway, does anyone else here watch Totally Not Mark's Dragon Ball dissection videos on YouTube?

I watch him and MistareFusion both.

ParadeRainer posted:

Also the Zamasu/Goku Black villain combo was absolutely one of the best in all of Dragon Ball, even if the end was pretty meh.

:yeah:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 1, 2020

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Beerus is hard to scale power wise because he comes with an instakill move.

Though Freeza and Gokū kind of shrugged off a hand me down version of Hakai, I don't think it would work the same coming from the real deal.

He's shown to be one of, if not the most powerful GoD in the manga, but that still puts him square under Jiren, who is under UI Gokū and Gogeta.

I'd say:

Zen'o
Grand Priest
Angels
~~~~~~~~~~
Gogeta/Vegetto
UI Gokū
Jiren
Beerus
Broly rage mode
Hit
Gokū/Freeza/Vegeta
Broly

Freeza is fun because he's pretty similar to Broly. A mutant who never really worked at polishing his power, but once he's inspired by dumbass fight monkey Gokū, he's caught the bug to train and better himself and he's going to grow incredibly fast in a short amount of time.

I loving love Freeza. :allears:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Nanigans posted:

He's shown to be one of, if not the most powerful GoD in the manga, but that still puts him square under Jiren

Do we know this? I don't remember this being clearly established.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Blaze Dragon posted:

The manga literally says he's the writer. It would not say he's the writer if he wasn't the writer. This isn't about dragging Toyotaro's name down (he does that well enough himself) or propping up Toriyama, this is about basic reading comprehension. I'm not sure why you need so hard to believe Toriyama is not in charge of his own series.

I didn't say he wasn't? I'm saying that I don't agree personally with the notion that any good thing the manga does now is all down to him, since it's basically creating a situation where your mind can't possibly be changed about someone you feel isn't good. People are free to feel that way of course, I just think it's a pessimistic point of view.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Do we know this? I don't remember this being clearly established.

The manga has that big fight between all the GoDs where Beerus has the upper hand on all of them for a bit. You could argue that just means he's a better fighter than a lot of them than outright stronger though, and at the end it's implied Vermoud was just messing around.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I’m a big Toriyama apologist/fanboy. I do believe he has taken a significantly larger role in the writing of the manga since the anime’s conclusion.

The Moro arc is rather straight forward and “clean” for lack of a better word. Compare the narrative structure of the arcs of Super that didn’t have a movie to use as source material: the Universe 6 tournament, Zamasu arc, and the Tournament of Power. With maybe the exception of the Universe 6 story, these arcs are all over the loving place. Toriyama’s input can be felt in the Moro arc in this way if nothing else.

However, Toriyama is also clearly working closely with Toyotaro on the story if for no other reason than Toriyama is notorious for not remembering most of his own work and Toyotaro is a massive fanboy. I don’t think Toyotaro is capable of writing a great or even good story right now, but I think under Toriyama’s direct teaching, he can get better. Stuff like false Ultra Instinct Kame-sennin and his (overall) better handling of the Zamasu arc lead me to believe that.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Justin_Brett posted:

The manga has that big fight between all the GoDs where Beerus has the upper hand on all of them for a bit. You could argue that just means he's a better fighter than a lot of them than outright stronger though, and at the end it's implied Vermoud was just messing around.

I was talking about Beerus/any of the GoDs being weaker than Jiren

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Oh, well they sort of imply in the anime he's stronger than Vermoud since when Jiren flexes for the first time he's looking downward, humble-like. And it's Whis who says "ah, those rumors were true", and he'd most likely use Beerus as a point of reference. I'm not sure anything points to how he compares to any of the others though.

ParadeRainer
Jul 2, 2019
I'm pretty sure (at least in the anime) Jiren was said to be stronger than the GoD of his universe, not all of them.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Yeah I always took it as Jiren being stronger than his GoD not all of them.
The weakest GoD is still hilariously strong orc.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Vermond seems to be Jiren's biggest fan, mind. I do like that he constantly pinballs between smug and assured and losing his poo poo. But always been the fun of Dragon Ball that goofy personalities of some kind are pretty much the default.

Broly is basically the Dragon Ball equivalent of the Hulk, all strength and some cunning but very little skill, so it feels fitting his power level is uncertain. Freiza was able to tank Broly for an hour since insane durability is pretty much Freiza's thing, and even by the end of that he ended up getting tanked by a bemused Whis. (Also, comes to mind that it shows how much Beerus has grown as a person that Whis is comfortable letting Beerus out of his sight on the planet of their favourite food, even with Whis's do-over power) Gogeta might actually be a bit weaker than Broly, but was able to run rings around him because he's got Goku and Vegeta's combined skill and efficiency, and able to manifest controllable energy far better than Broly's wild flailing. After all, Broly may learn fast but he can't catch up to two lifetimes of fighting experience combined in a single package.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I love how Bulma was perfectly fine leaving her newly-born daughter under Beerus' care, and Beerus went along with it. I want Dragon Ball Super 2 to have Uncle Beerus taking Bulla under his wing.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Namtab posted:

Step into the grand tour

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

amigolupus posted:

I love how Bulma was perfectly fine leaving her newly-born daughter under Beerus' care, and Beerus went along with it. I want Dragon Ball Super 2 to have Uncle Beerus taking Bulla under his wing.

Why would Beerus not be okay with taking care of his successor as God of Destruction of Universe 7?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Vermond seems to be Jiren's biggest fan, mind. I do like that he constantly pinballs between smug and assured and losing his poo poo. But always been the fun of Dragon Ball that goofy personalities of some kind are pretty much the default.

Broly is basically the Dragon Ball equivalent of the Hulk, all strength and some cunning but very little skill, so it feels fitting his power level is uncertain. Freiza was able to tank Broly for an hour since insane durability is pretty much Freiza's thing, and even by the end of that he ended up getting tanked by a bemused Whis. (Also, comes to mind that it shows how much Beerus has grown as a person that Whis is comfortable letting Beerus out of his sight on the planet of their favourite food, even with Whis's do-over power) Gogeta might actually be a bit weaker than Broly, but was able to run rings around him because he's got Goku and Vegeta's combined skill and efficiency, and able to manifest controllable energy far better than Broly's wild flailing. After all, Broly may learn fast but he can't catch up to two lifetimes of fighting experience combined in a single package.

gogeta was stronger and cooler and more handsome actually and i wanted to be his friend more than brolys

so...consider that

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

GOGETA! GOGETA! GOGETA!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

ParadeRainer posted:

I'm pretty sure (at least in the anime) Jiren was said to be stronger than the GoD of his universe, not all of them.

Yeah, this could go either way, but Beerus seemed to be crapping himself a little bit every time Jiren flexed. Might have just been out of sheer amazement rather than genuine concern, but I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that the kitty was scared.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Stairmaster posted:

GOGETA! GOGETA! GOGETA!

GO! BROLY!
GO! BROLY!
GO! BROLY!
C'MON! BROLY!

ParadeRainer
Jul 2, 2019

Nanigans posted:

Yeah, this could go either way, but Beerus seemed to be crapping himself a little bit every time Jiren flexed. Might have just been out of sheer amazement rather than genuine concern, but I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that the kitty was scared.

At this point I'm kind of just assuming based off context mostly (I also haven't watched Super for at least a year) that Beerus may be afraid from the standpoint more than 1 or 2 mortals are rapidly catching him in terms of strength. For someone who was under the assumption he was far and away more powerful than any other mortal to see not only Goku and Gete's coming close to him but another warrior from a different universe as well, it's gotta make the old boy a bit nervous. Though, when Goku starts gaining Ultra Instinct it seems to excite him as much as terrify him so who really knows. I think it may have explicitly said in the anime at some point that Beerus was the most powerful GoD so there's a good bet we've never seen how strong Beerus really is. Either way I really love the dynamic the GoD's and Angels have created between Goku and the others that there is this much higher level of power to ascend to that is different than just punch harder and shoot bigger beams :v:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Nah, I don't think there's any convincing evidence that Broly is stronger or even close to as strong as Gogeta Blue. It's not even like Broly can't get any hits in - he does, especially when they're fighting in the CG Dimension, it's just that Gogeta just shrugs them all off and then hits back twice as hard.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Gogeta in the fusion movie is all business, he is there to unmake and purify the devil, man.
Gogeta in GT is a clown who was sure he had more time that he thought.
Gogeta in Super Broly is having the time of his life, enjoying fighting as much as Goku does but willing to end poo poo quickly like Vegeta does.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Nanigans posted:

Beerus was freaking out because Jiren was by far the biggest threat to Universe 7 winning the tournament aka him getting erased.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Neo_Crimson posted:

Beerus was freaking out because Jiren was by far the biggest threat to Universe 7 winning the tournament aka him getting erased.

That's how I read it. Beerus isn't necessarily afraid of Jiren, he's afraid that Jiren can wreck Goku/his team and get his universe erased.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jiren nearly got the better of Goku when he was in MUI and fighting at the level of an Angel, there's no way he couldn't dunk on any GoD with that kind of juice

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Jiren should have hair.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Siegkrow posted:

Gogeta in the fusion movie is all business, he is there to unmake and purify the devil, man.
Gogeta in GT is a clown who was sure he had more time that he thought.
Gogeta in Super Broly is having the time of his life, enjoying fighting as much as Goku does but willing to end poo poo quickly like Vegeta does.

I remember thinking GT Gogeta was awful. Though, I remember hearing that he was loving around waiting for Omega to use the negative energy thing so he could turn it into a positive energy thing, and then tried to seriously kill him after that point. Of course the fusion ran out then.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TheHan posted:

Jiren should have hair.

What about the beanie he had when he was younger?

ParadeRainer
Jul 2, 2019
I know I'm in the minority but I like super buff, martial art god, Grey Alien Jiren :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

ParadeRainer posted:

I know I'm in the minority but I like super buff, martial art god, Grey Alien Jiren :colbert:

There's 2 of us!