Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

:rip: Wisconsin's SAH order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

You guys are going to pass another constitutional amendment to ensure no one can enforce quarantines ever again

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Watching national suicide take place in real time lmao

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

And the dems are all going to go along with it

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

brugroffil posted:

:rip: Wisconsin's SAH order

:rip: Wisconsin's Dept of Health Services

quote:

Under the legislature’s proposed framework, the state’s health agency would be stripped of its authority to issue broad public health orders like the state’s stay-at-home order, unless it completed a lengthy process that takes two or three weeks at a minimum. Then, the GOP-controlled legislature also seeks the power to “delay or suspend” Palm’s public health order after the state health department finally completes this process.
https://www.vox.com/2020/5/5/21246697/republican-lawsuit-wisconsin-stay-at-home-legislature-palm

Noblesse Obliged posted:

You guys are going to pass another constitutional amendment to ensure no one can enforce quarantines ever again

Already workin' on it ;)

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

Jeza posted:

Used to blow American minds by telling them that yearly checkups are not even a thing in most of the world, doubly so if you're not old. Studies generally show for people who are healthy, checkups are at best neutral, and at worst actually result in worse health outcomes. Not to mention being a big waste of time and money for everybody involved.

It's one of those weird counter-intuitive things.

90% of americans are unhealthy.

Synthetic Dreams
Jul 19, 2005

by Cyrano4747

This. I'd do exactly this with my assault rifle, but I really don't have to because I've got a house, car, and the gubbermint gives me money every month to stay inside my house and not overthrow it.

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah this is why it's going to be annoying when people will start talking about '2nd waves' as if the first wave had even come close to stopping.

yea, there's been a lot of mistakes from Fauci and crew. He relied on the IMHE model which lowered their deaths by August 4th prediction to 60,0000 at one point. People saw that and said "see, this IS the flu". Even though that was with social distancing and a lovely model. And Fauci keeps talking about a second wave, when there are hot humid countries (and US states) getting nailed by Covid.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah this is why it's going to be annoying when people will start talking about '2nd waves' as if the first wave had even come close to stopping.

Training roulette is my favorite second wave option

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

the "second wave" will be in a few years

then the third wave a few years later

naem
May 29, 2011

the only reason we have “waves” is that we shut down as stayed home.

The second that people interact in public en mass it’s big boy death time again

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

naem posted:

the only reason we have “waves” is that we shut down as stayed home.

The second that people interact in public en mass it’s big boy death time again

If you actually lock down until there's no active cases you won't get a second wave

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

shovelbum posted:

If you actually lock down until there's no active cases you won't get a second wave

doesn't seem feasible but if you adhere to a formula where it's like health care available weighed against new cases and infection rates daily you get a transmission number and the lower you go the better off you are to keep on having a society.

living in NY and watching the daily govstream has hammered these talking points into me. our gov thinks you're being insane (you're = 31 states)

meanwhile, let's check in on donny

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1257715551729676289

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 19:18 on May 5, 2020

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Wisconsin is completely run by the republicans. This past election democrats had like 60% of the votes but more republicans got elected than democrats.

We have the worst gerrymandering in the nation.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

shovelbum posted:

Yeah, that's never, ever going to happen because the idea of having to sacrifice even the smallest shred of comfort to help another person is so grotesquely offensive to the majority of Americans that they would rather risk killing their own family and themselves in the name of "freedom" than exercise the slightest measure of restraint and maybe just once--just this one loving time in their entire lives--consider the health and safety another human being and not throw a screaming temper tantrum about how the Constitution says that they can go shopping for tube socks at Wal-Mart whenever they want.

So, yeah, there's going to be a second wave, and a third, and a fourth, because America is never going to get this right, so we better hope someone develops a vaccine soon.

nice meltdown

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

wilderthanmild posted:

Edit: this video goes into pretty good detail on the fire and why the building was so hosed up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epkCrB8aKXA

:lol: Groverhause reference? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epkCrB8aKXA&t=3007s

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

shovelbum posted:

This, and outside of a couple of areas it’s not looking like cases were even done climbing

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Wisconsin is completely run by the republicans. This past election democrats had like 60% of the votes but more republicans got elected than democrats.

We have the worst gerrymandering in the nation.

nothing will compare to the fajita strip

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas%27s_25th_congressional_district

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

zer0spunk posted:

living in NY and watching the daily govstream has hammered these talking points into me. our gov thinks you're being insane (you're = 31 states)

There's a Robin Williams joke that says living in Canada is like having a beautiful apartment directly above a meth lab. Kind of how I'm feeling right now.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

lol

look at district 15 in Milwaukee.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Big Beef City posted:

lol

I bet district 6 is all minorities.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Big Beef City posted:

lol

Sure love how majority state control by a laughably corrupt conservative party means the districts turn into random shapes drawn by an algorithmic model maximizing favorable white voter turnout as much as possible.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I bet district 6 is all minorities.

Probably. Same as District 12 here.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Blistex posted:

:lol: Groverhause reference?

donoteat01 is a goon, and I think the other two are (or are at least goon-adjacent). They did a special episode on Groverhaus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJU-Q9gw_sg

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

CannonFodder posted:

Probably. Same as District 12 here.

1 iirc as well

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Ohio is just as bad as most other bizarrely drawn red states. Check out district 3 where I live, loving district 11 near Cleveland or district 1 by Cincinnati. :laugh:

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Ohio is just as bad as most other bizarrely drawn red states. Check out district 3 where I live, loving district 11 near Cleveland or district 1 by Cincinnati. :laugh:

I volunteer as tribute for District 5.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

GORDON posted:

I volunteer as tribute for District 5.

Oh, I forgot about district 9 by Toledo and somehow running into, uh, Cleveland???? Toledo is where, of course, all the black people and/or other poor folks live, so district 5 must be suburban Toledo like Perrysburg and Sylvania where the wealthy reside. The district drawing is identical where I live in the far less wealthy Columbus metro area, so naturally I'm in district 3, while district 12 is Delaware County where some of the richest people in all of Ohio live. :science:

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 5, 2020

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Oh, I forgot about district 9 by Toledo and somehow running into, uh, Cleveland???? Toledo is where, of course, all the black people and/or other poor folks live, so district 5 must be suburban Toledo like Perrysburg and Sylvania where the wealthy reside. The district drawing is identical where I live in the far less wealthy Columbus metro area, so naturally I'm in district 3, while district 12 is Delaware County where some of the richest people in all of Ohio live. :science:

District 9 looks like it's very carefully set up so that the chudiest parts of the Cleveland burbs(mostly Parma) plus the rural/rich areas by the lake can offset black voters in Toledo.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

wilderthanmild posted:

District 9 looks like it's very carefully set up so that the chudiest parts of the Cleveland burbs(mostly Parma) plus the rural/rich areas by the lake can offset black voters in Toledo.

District 12 is similarly brazen too, since they grabbed conservative, white Westerville and even parts of equally whitebread New Albany, both of which are actively parts of Columbus and not Delaware.

naem
May 29, 2011

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
This is the maddest I’ve ever gotten at a tweet:

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1257741326650470400

He is making me sick.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Rolo posted:

He is making me sick.

He doesn't realize that the states who voted for him are overwhelmingly the ones that are going to need to be bailed out, does he?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Time_pants posted:

He doesn't realize that the states who voted for him are overwhelmingly the ones that are going to need to be bailed out, does he?

NOPE.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

wilderthanmild posted:

And don't get me started on the cricket people

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Rolo posted:

He is making me sick.
"Let's just do some more hostage-taking, why not"

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Rolo posted:

He is making me sick.

Wait a minute... uhm... Is he on the side of the blue states here? This makes no sense.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Time_pants posted:

He does, but his voters love to be told that they're poor because their taxes go directly to New York and California.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

redreader posted:

Wait a minute... uhm... Is he on the side of the blue states here? This makes no sense.

Also, I fail to see how measures to cut the amount of taxes a state can collect could be of any assistance to states struggling with insolvency. There are a lot of layers he managed to pack into 160 characters.