Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

did you get a screenshot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Wibla posted:

You're going to get stop lossed.

*looks at economic situation and no active large-scale war zone at present*

I actually kind of doubt that.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

did you get a screenshot?

Bah, no. It was a poster for some kind of film or TV series asking if they're going to find Jody, and the tweeter said he thought it was about the Marine Corps for a second.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

They're gonna have a hard time finding him.

I heard he got your girl and gone.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://tacticalgearjunkie.com/products/tactical-colors-marine-approved-mre-2-5x3-5-patch

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

MrUnderbridge posted:

They're gonna have a hard time finding him.

I heard he got your girl and gone.

https://terminallance.com/2010/11/16/terminal-lance-81-myths-and-legends-iii/

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

A page late but I'm not sorry.

cyberbug
Sep 30, 2004

The name is Carl Seltz...
insurance inspector.
Meanwhile (well in 2018 but reported now) in Finland... machine translated with some manual corrections.

"The corporal, who served in the Pori Brigade, has been sentenced to a fine for misconduct by a soldier. The verdict is based on the man’s uninhibited way of presenting and dealing with his genitals in 2018 during his service.

According to the indictment, the man had repeatedly appeared naked in the barracks room in the presence of other conscripts and introduced him to the genitals "waving his fox", causing aggravation to other people in the room.

The man had also masturbated under the camouflage net of the accommodation tent in the shooting range training area while another conscript was filming the performance on video.

The corporal admitted that he had acted as described in the indictment. He was sentenced to pay a 25-day fine. The amount to be paid was 150 euros.

The judgment is not yet final, ie it can be appealed."

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

cyberbug posted:

Meanwhile (well in 2018 but reported now) in Finland... machine translated with some manual corrections.

"The corporal, who served in the Pori Brigade, has been sentenced to a fine for misconduct by a soldier. The verdict is based on the man’s uninhibited way of presenting and dealing with his genitals in 2018 during his service.

According to the indictment, the man had repeatedly appeared naked in the barracks room in the presence of other conscripts and introduced him to the genitals "waving his fox", causing aggravation to other people in the room.

The man had also masturbated under the camouflage net of the accommodation tent in the shooting range training area while another conscript was filming the performance on video.

The corporal admitted that he had acted as described in the indictment. He was sentenced to pay a 25-day fine. The amount to be paid was 150 euros.

Promote ahead of peers

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

cyberbug posted:

That sounds like a typical day in the Scout Platoon.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Right? Barely even above background noise for the infantry company I was in.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/JeffSchogol/status/1255865624988913666

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

That was "Just Grunt poo poo"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Maybe if they were playing RTS games we'd actually win a war

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

If that's not ARMA, it should be.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
It's War Thunder.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Milo and POTUS posted:

The last thing officers need is better micro

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

The last thing officers need is better micro

:drat:

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Icon Of Sin posted:

Right? Barely even above background noise for the infantry company I was in.

I had a buddy who was an officer on a sub and he said that it wasn't unusual for somebody to whip his dick out and lay it on the shoulder of the dude driving the boat, because said dude couldn't take his hands off the steering wheel or move away and had to just do his job with a dick on his shoulder.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Milo and POTUS posted:

Some COIN games would be helpful
https://www.wargamer.com/articles/four-player-coin-op/

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Notahippie posted:

I had a buddy who was an officer on a sub and he said that it wasn't unusual for somebody to whip his dick out and lay it on the shoulder of the dude driving the boat, because said dude couldn't take his hands off the steering wheel or move away and had to just do his job with a dick on his shoulder.

Not gonna say I’m that tough guy would punched the dude in the nuts but I’m gonna bite your dick off and laugh when you try to write me up for causing great bodily harm.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Who cares as long as the dick don't smell bad

Every captain needs a flesh parrot

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Notahippie posted:

The other PL in my company was a fan of ranger panties, and doing his warmup stretches in such a way that his balls fell out every time, without fail, for all his soldiers to lay eyes upon. This is the same company where one of my squad leaders showed off his freshly waxed rear end in a top hat to any and all willing to gaze at it, in the middle of our company store.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Icon Of Sin posted:

The other PL in my company was a fan of ranger panties, and doing his warmup stretches in such a way that his balls fell out every time, without fail, for all his soldiers to lay eyes upon. This is the same company where one of my squad leaders showed off his freshly waxed rear end in a top hat to any and all willing to gaze at it, in the middle of our company store.

Read a book years ago that had a scene where some guy showed off his freshly shaved ballsack to a bunch of other guys in barracks. Some of the braver and more curious among them touched it. Don't remember what the book was called or what else happened in it. I think the author was a vet though so it probably happened.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Icon Of Sin posted:

You guys must have had really high morale and cohesion

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

One guy used to take his nutsack out of the bottom of his BDU fly and proclaim to everyone around (in a bad Scottish accent) that he had “just sat in some gum”. He’d do this at officer LTT.

The scout platoon leader would often mash his junk up against a window and knock on the glass to get the attention of whoever was walking by.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
There's a story about a guy in the back of a Hawkeye pressing his bare rear end up against the window and asking another plane to join up with them, saying "hey, we think there may be a crack in one of the windows in the back, can you take a look?"

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

Some of the worst, actually. Our commander was gigantic loving idiot, and went on to get a few of my former soldiers killed because he didn’t think the afghan insurgents would notice him ordering a patrol sent out at the same time every day, and he also didn’t think that the insurgents had deduced where a surveillance blind spot was (despite multiple ambushes and attempted IEDs there previously).

Turns out you don’t necessarily need to blow up a Stryker, you can just clear out the road from under it and let gravity do the hard work for you. It was enough to cause at least one funeral, and probably a few concussions.

:smith:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

maffew buildings posted:

Really stuck together

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Icon Of Sin posted:

Some of the worst, actually. Our commander was gigantic loving idiot, and went on to get a few of my former soldiers killed because he didn’t think the afghan insurgents would notice him ordering a patrol sent out at the same time every day, and he also didn’t think that the insurgents had deduced where a surveillance blind spot was (despite multiple ambushes and attempted IEDs there previously).

Turns out you don’t necessarily need to blow up a Stryker, you can just clear out the road from under it and let gravity do the hard work for you. It was enough to cause at least one funeral, and probably a few concussions.

:smith:

Sounds like the CO on my third tour, who had his PSD and patrol element drive laps around the meeting location for hours.

Was then shocked that they got hit with an IED. 1 dead, 3 hosed up and out with medical retirement. One dude had to have his legs amputated on his 20th birthday.

I hated that gently caress because he wasn't cut out to lead- period. And he placed his career above the lives and safety of his men. When I was signing that last of the poo poo to get out, our medical NCO said that he had bad nightmares and was hosed up from that tour.
"Good. He deserves it." Was not the politically correct response.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Itchy_Grundle posted:

One guy used to take his nutsack out of the bottom of his BDU fly and proclaim to everyone around (in a bad Scottish accent) that he had “just sat in some gum”. He’d do this at officer LTT.

Kid in my boot camp division was real fond of this dumb gag until one of the older recruits got sick of his poo poo and whipped a pen at his crotch. You wouldn't think it was heavy enough to make an impact, but he bullseyed the testicle and the kid had serious trouble standing at attention when the instructor walked in. Funniest thing I saw the whole cycle.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Milo and POTUS posted:

One of the USAF officer PMEs (which no longer exists) used a Starcraft mod.

Edit: Pretty sure flight suits were designed for the nutsack presentation.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Godholio posted:

One of the USAF officer PMEs (which no longer exists) used a Starcraft mod.

Edit: Pretty sure flight suits were designed for the nutsack presentation.

We played this multiplayer RTS type game in OTS that involved an attack on the south east US from Cuba where every player controlled a type of aircraft. It was kinda cool, and we did get a talking to about sending our F-22's out of Eglin to shoot down the enemy SAR choppers picking up their down pilots. It definitely wasn't Starcraft-based though.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I've heard about that...it came after I went through. But ASBC, when it was a thing, had a weird Starcraft mod where all the units flew and were modeled after real world aircraft types. You had cargo to handle supplies, F-22s, E-3s, and probably one or two more.

TBH it was pretty fun. The rest of the course was 99% worthless, though, and it was appropriately killed off after only a few years.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Milo and POTUS posted:

Really stuck together

Unit cohesion is when your junk sticks together on a humid day, right?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/AliceAvizandum/status/1257786917552377856

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The piss ape is real.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

So I'm kinda losing the context here, but are we laughing at a prisoner being kept handcuffed on the ground long enough that he pissed himself?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Lead out in cuffs posted:

So I'm kinda losing the context here, but are we laughing at a prisoner being kept handcuffed on the ground long enough that he pissed himself?

The prisoner is a merc who made a very poor show of amphibiously invading Venezuela.

It’s the stupid Bay of Pigs to the stupid Watergate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

in short: yes