Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

jassa posted:

So... Momo is just tied by plain old rope, right? His dragon form should be able to slip right out of those bonds.

Does Kanjuro even know he has a devil fruit power?

He just picked up a knife either way, but Kanjuro should know about his ranfomly turning into a dragon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Momo knows he's only going to get one chance to escape so he needs to choose the right moment.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Gyges posted:

He just picked up a knife either way, but Kanjuro should know about his ranfomly turning into a dragon.

And the random transformation. Whatever is up with the fake Devilfruit, he still doesn’t have full control over it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Momo is tied up with a seastone rope.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
I know the most popular theory was Katakuri and his brothers being the sons of Kaido, but I'm thinking Yamato being the son of Big Mom and Kaido wouldn't make more sense.

Big Mom's whole speech about Kaido owing her a lifelong debt would make a lot more sense if Kaido refused to let Linlin have one of the children she gave birth to. We've seen how serious Linlin takes control over her kids, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the tipping point that made the animosity between Linlin and Kaido so volatile.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Kaido: I'm keeping Yamato and that's final!
Linlin: You'll regret this!!!

[20 years later]

Kaido: Yamato you useless gently caress go back to your mother.
Yamato: no
Kaido: I regret this!!!

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

A genetic offspring between Big Mom and Kaido would actually be the scariest thing alive.
Just an invincible rampaging meat cube, possibly with a propensity for drunken cannibalism.

edit: I am also hoping that he sucks. It's simply the best possible option.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Libra posted:

A genetic offspring between Big Mom and Kaido would actually be the scariest thing alive.

I bet he’s some big nerd that’s really into zoobooks.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kaidou: Stretched out over the hills and valleys of this island! That'll be your empire, son!
Yamato: But Mother -
Kaidou: Father.
Yamato: But Father, I don't want any of that. I'd rather...
Kaidou: You'd rather what?!
Yamato: I'd rather...~sing~...!
Kaidou: Stop that, stop that, you're not going into a song while I'm here.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Funky Valentine posted:

Ron Howard: He sang to his heart's content

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Funky Valentine posted:

Kaidou: Stretched out over the hills and valleys of this island! That'll be your empire, son!
Yamato: But Mother -
Kaidou: Father.
Yamato: But Father, I don't want any of that. I'd rather...
Kaidou: You'd rather what?!
Yamato: I'd rather...~sing~...!

Lancelot charging the castle from a distance away, but it's Luffy

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Libra posted:

Just an invincible rampaging meat cube, possibly with a propensity for drunken cannibalism.

Part of Big Mom's design was that she was a monstrously powerful child born to regular rear end people, so a regular weakling child born to monstrously powerful people would be pretty Oda.

There's also the consideration that Kaido looked down on Momo for adopting his father's ideals and dreams without knowing what they really meant, so there's probably going to be weird parallels between Yamato and Momo

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the tobi roppo wouldn't be getting enlisted to bring back yamato if he were a weakling imo

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm going to put my chips on Yamato basically being like Luffy and the two of them getting on like a house on fire.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

It’d be funny if he showed up dressed like Sora and ambushes Sanji, and it’d be doubly funny if he was strong enough to derail everyone’s plans. Like the battle is under way, Kaido is a dragon, Luffy is fighting Jaggy, Smoothie is allowed to do something, and here comes Yamato in a Sora costume (made it himself!) who just starts punching EVERYONE!

Turns out that he thinks Sora is 100% real, and “Stealth Black” showing up was a boatload of validation. His dad was just trying to keep it under wraps.

i am tim! fucked around with this message at 14:37 on May 13, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yamato is just Bobby Hill.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yamato is just Bobby Hill.

Lol if only

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
if i had any self control i feel like thiswould be a perfect time to leave OP for like 20 chapters and then return but i dont so i'll keep reading it nonstop and getting annoyed when a new chapter isnt immediately available

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Kind of hopping Kaido's kid is a gentle, well meaning and sensitive type but is such a huge, hulking monstrosity he is an accidental walking disaster. And everyone just thinks he's an unstoppable murder machine.

He didn't mean to level that town, he was just trying to go to the library.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Gyges posted:

Kind of hopping Kaido's kid is a gentle, well meaning and sensitive type but is such a huge, hulking monstrosity he is an accidental walking disaster. And everyone just thinks he's an unstoppable murder machine.

The King Engine is roaring

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Gyges posted:

So big mom if she didn't have hunger issues (& also didn't have someone to sell her as a child soldier)

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

Can you imagine him being like young Big Mom, but replacing the blind hunger frenzies with Kaido’s crippling depression?

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
I don’t think anyone has said “What if Yamato is Gin” yet and I’m here to fulfill that particular thread quota.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

His son is a loaf of sourdough bread that he baked in quarantine

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
so I know people had said pirate warriors 4 was pretty rough on switch

Should I get PW3 over PW4 ?
Do you think they have or will patch PW4 with improvements? I've been burned by a garbage pirate warriors port once already

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

AfroGunsou posted:

so I know people had said pirate warriors 4 was pretty rough on switch

Should I get PW3 over PW4 ?
Do you think they have or will patch PW4 with improvements? I've been burned by a garbage pirate warriors port once already

it's possible PW4 could get performance improvements along with the dlc characters

i'd say get PW3 for now and maybe reassess where the switch port of PW4 is once the last DLC is out

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
PW4 is enjoyable enough but I feel like PW3 had a more cartoony style and a brighter color palette more in line with what One Piece should be like.

This one kinda reminds me of the screenshots of that single player One Piece open world game that came out last year.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Plebian Parasite posted:

Part of Big Mom's design was that she was a monstrously powerful child born to regular rear end people, so a regular weakling child born to monstrously powerful people would be pretty Oda.

There's also the consideration that Kaido looked down on Momo for adopting his father's ideals and dreams without knowing what they really meant, so there's probably going to be weird parallels between Yamato and Momo
He may look like a skinny dweeb who's only barely taller than Momo despite being a grown man, but he's actually very skilled...at making strategic retreats.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i hope yamato is a really powerful coward and he has to fight usopp so usopp defeats kaidos son which sounds cool but is not nearly as impressive in reality

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'll die if I go to this social function is a disease that's very common around here.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Crosspeice posted:

Kaido: I'm keeping Yamato and that's final!
Linlin: You'll regret this!!!

[20 years later]

Kaido: Yamato you useless gently caress go back to your mother.
Yamato: no
Kaido: I regret this!!!

:lol:

Libra posted:

Just spitballing here, but what if Edward Weevil is somehow a rejected offspring between Big Mom and Whitebeard and that's how he ended up in the care of his current granny?

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 11:18 on May 14, 2020

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Just spitballing here, but what if Edward Weevil is somehow a rejected offspring between Big Mom and Whitebeard and that's how he ended up in the care of his current granny?
whitebeard doesn't gently caress

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
And even if he didn’t gently caress he’d accept weevil as a son

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the only fruit type we know for certain works on the dick is paramecium

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Jose posted:

the only fruit type we know for certain works on the dick is paramecium

I think we can safely assume that Logia affect your dick as well.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Whitebeard is gay and everyone in Whitebeard's crew is his gay son. that's why he colled Oden a brother and not a son, because Oden is a breeder

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Darth Walrus posted:

I think we can safely assume that Logia affect your dick as well.

Why

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Even in his infirmity, Whitebeard had a team of nurses in short skirts and fishnets because he's a dirty old man. If he doesn't gently caress, it's only because he's worried about destroying anyone he comes into contact with (sexually).

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
That Tremor-Tremor fruit was probably very appreciated in bed, and you better believe he had mastered every technique his fruit had to offer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

anime was right posted:

i hope yamato is a really powerful coward and he has to fight usopp so usopp defeats kaidos son which sounds cool but is not nearly as impressive in reality

this would be good