Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Elfgames posted:

and yet all you weirdos seem so pleased!

Not all weirdos are weird in the same way.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
I love how they decide to totally clean Thistle's home, washing his dishes, sorting his books; it's like the opposite of the normal adventurer's routine of trashing and looting everyone's homes.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
in true hoarder mentality thistle will come back and be like WHY DID YOU MESS UP MY CAREFULLY ORGANIZED PILES OF GARBAGE NOW I DON'T KNOW WHERE ANYTHING IS

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Chilchak is a virtuous husband and I will hear no slander against him.

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

dragon enthusiast posted:

in true hoarder mentality thistle will come back and be like WHY DID YOU MESS UP MY CAREFULLY ORGANIZED PILES OF GARBAGE NOW I DON'T KNOW WHERE ANYTHING IS

chapter 63 but it's an episode of hoarders

“I’ve seen some neglected living paintings before, but this is really...” Laius trailed off. He indicated towards a painting of Yaado and his father. “Look, the frame is losing its luster, and the colors are really faded from where the light hits it. This other one, too- the fruit in the still life is completely rotten." Laius shook his head. “People- people think of living paintings just as interesting knickknacks, but they really are living things who need love and care, and they’re a lifelong commitment. Especially this breed, with the silver leaf on the frame, they just tarnish so easily. Really tragic to see this today.”

~

Thistle contemplated a cloudy bottle of newts’ eyes in their hand, before placing it on the ‘keep’ pile.

“Why are you keeping that?” Misurn chided. “It’s clearly expired.”

“I-I might need it again!” Thistle protested, “It’s part of Derghal’s special shampoo, they can’t live without it!”

A lock of hair fell in front of Misurn’s good eye. “They’ve been dead for six years.”

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Now that's the good fanfic.

noether
May 1, 2017

I'm really tempted to actually develop it into a whole story ngl

that reminds me

it's 4/20/20 so here's a stupid thing I wrote about the gang finding dungeon weed a couple months back

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

noether posted:

I'm really tempted to actually develop it into a whole story ngl

that reminds me

it's 4/20/20 so here's a stupid thing I wrote about the gang finding dungeon weed a couple months back

Marcille posted:

Please no, I do not want to smoke the dungeon weed

Very good. It was only missing some horrific way they had to prepare/kill the plant monster in order to get the dankest nugs. Or maybe they had to find a lady treant first.

E: and senshi trying (failing) to cheer marcille up by offering to spin some hemp for clothes or something which is equally disturbing

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Marcille posted:

Please no, I do not want to smoke the dungeon weed
_______/

noether
May 1, 2017

Fellis posted:

Very good. It was only missing some horrific way they had to prepare/kill the plant monster in order to get the dankest nugs. Or maybe they had to find a lady treant first.

E: and senshi trying (failing) to cheer marcille up by offering to spin some hemp for clothes or something which is equally disturbing

the awful truth is that I don't actually know anything about weed >_>

otherwise yeah, it would've been really fun to get into making dungeon weed edibles and stuff

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

noether posted:

the awful truth is that I don't actually know anything about weed >_>

otherwise yeah, it would've been really fun to get into making dungeon weed edibles and stuff

I don’t know much about weed either except that the plants have two sexes and only the female plants grow the buds

It was fine! I enjoyed it, just thought of some other things and slammed post

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I do like how the story presents a legitimate gray area between so called "dark magic" and "regular magic" and outside tapping into a hell dimension a lot of stuff that's "bad" is just outlawed because it either threatens a particular group's authority, makes people feel uncomfortable regarding soul manipulation (until it doesn't), or is just poorly understood with volatile reactions.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Thats a very funny meme but also goddamn i love the art in this manga, thats such a cool drawing of Marcille

noether
May 1, 2017

I wrote the "chapter 63 but it's an episode of hoarders" fanfic

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

Not be like, "you sir won the internet" or anything, but this was incredible. You win Dungeon Meshi. :allears:

noether
May 1, 2017

glad you liked it!

I craft all my shitposts with love and care :D

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Newish manga got a chunk of chapters translated recently titled Frieren at the Funeral and with the premise of an elf grappling with her long life juxtaposed with her human and dwarven companions I was reminded of Dungeon Meshi. A good first three chapters if a bit somber since given the title and subject matter this isn't a happy-go-lucky kind of story.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Brought To You By posted:

Newish manga got a chunk of chapters translated recently titled Frieren at the Funeral and with the premise of an elf grappling with her long life juxtaposed with her human and dwarven companions I was reminded of Dungeon Meshi. A good first three chapters if a bit somber since given the title and subject matter this isn't a happy-go-lucky kind of story.

interesting premise

get a feeling so complicated

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
New chapter!

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
You know an extended monty python joke being treated with deadly seriousness was not something I was expecting, but I'll take it.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Kui is a madwoman and I love her

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I love this manga :allears:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Both from the first chapter.

She's been stewing on this one for years.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Between that goat face from a few chapters back, and this mean mugging rabbit I'm really impressed by how sinister this manga is able to make common everyday animals.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

mdct posted:

You know an extended monty python joke being treated with deadly seriousness was not something I was expecting, but I'll take it.

It's a reference of that reference even. Because Vorpal Bunnies had that as potential inspiration, plus in DnD/tabletop roleplay parlance, Vorpal is an effect which basically means instant decapitation.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That ending was both super funny and super serious and it's why this manga is so amazing

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

EponymousMrYar posted:

It's a reference of that reference even. Because Vorpal Bunnies had that as potential inspiration, plus in DnD/tabletop roleplay parlance, Vorpal is an effect which basically means instant decapitation.

Vorpal itself is a reference to the poem Jabberwock, where the Vorpal Blade went snicker snack and chopped off the Jabberwock's head.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
a motherfucking monty python and the holy grail gag and I am not disappointed in any way, of course she would pull it off easily

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
lmao

"You came to the wrong neighbourhood, motherfuckers."

(The rabbits on the last page, probably)

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

That ending was both super funny and super serious and it's why this manga is so amazing

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
When Laius mentions killer rabbits Marcille asks what on earth he's talking about but Chilchak just shudders because he's been in the business long enough to have heard the tale. I love these little details.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
That rabbit just broke Laius' neck! Good thing Marcille has extra protection there, but if the rabbits are smart enough to lure them to an ambush, they may be smart enough to go for somewhere less instantly-crippling but still devastating, like a kneecap...

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Elfface posted:

That rabbit just broke Laius' neck! Good thing Marcille has extra protection there, but if the rabbits are smart enough to lure them to an ambush, they may be smart enough to go for somewhere less instantly-crippling but still devastating, like a kneecap...

Alright so rabbits? They have really sharp claws in their feet. Kicking to try and claw open somebody is a real defensive measure they do and they can gently caress up other rabbits this way. This is probably how they decapitate adventurers, which means the first rabbit probably was fighting smart. It hosed up Laius's throat in a way that made Senshi slow to react when it almost certainly could have taken his head clean off.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 20 minutes!
I mean, there is the mythical cath palug a monstrous cat that was later inserted into Arthurian legend. But as we all know, cats are vicious monsters while rabbits are not.

Greblin
Mar 12, 2008

Argas posted:

I mean, there is the mythical cath palug a monstrous cat that was later inserted into Arthurian legend. But as we all know, cats are vicious monsters while rabbits are not.

Well, DnD does teach us a house cat can kill a common man in one hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh poo poo, surprise, it's kui's dungeon meshi sketchbook

https://mangadex.org/chapter/897969