Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

SirPablo posted:

I never get food from the counter. :ninja:

Mods?!?!!! IK?!?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

phosdex posted:

sliced hotdog on iceberg lettuce

Ask for it!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It's crazy to me how much people like Costco pizza, I'd put it comfortably below little caesar's.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It's crazy to me how much people like Costco pizza, I'd put it comfortably below little caesar's.

I haven’t forgiven them for changing the recipes a year or so back.

Also there’s no face mask policy in Canada for some reason.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Same. The floppy-rear end crust is just miserable.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

I really miss the take-and-bake pizzas. So much better than the food court ones. :sigh:

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I love the costco pizza's they're like, my favorite thing from costco.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Costco pizza is way better than Papa John's, Dominos, Pizza Hut, etc.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Also Idk if you like pizza if you consider anything worse than little ceasars, which has been the most disgusting pizza that people only buy because it's cheap. It's the "Pizza Party" of Pizza.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Boba Pearl posted:

Also Idk if you like pizza if you consider anything worse than little ceasars, which has been the most disgusting pizza that people only buy because it's cheap. It's the "Pizza Party" of Pizza.

Little caesars is indeed at the bottom of my list.

Costco is somehow worse imo :shrug:

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
What is it like to be so wrong?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Boba Pearl posted:

I mean... consider the competition. I'd actually take Little Caesar's over Dominos and Hungry Howie's. Maybe papa john's is a little better (and a little more expensive) but PJ's reheats amazingly badly, like leftovers become the worst of any brand of pizza except maybe like dominos.

It's a $6 pizza, it's not gourmet, it's an affordable way to shovel shame into your face.

Costco is basically the same price per pizza amount as the poo poo tier chain places but it's like papa john's quality pizza for cheaper than PJ's and it doesn't destroy itself when reheated like PJ's. I can see the appeal, it's not gourmet, it's cheap and not totally awful.

God I miss this pizza place in college though, they had the most greasy savory pizza ever and amazing cheesy breadsticks, they had a two topping and breadsticks combo deal that we rocked the poo poo out of in college with ham and sausage. Reheated amazing too. I really hope they and some of the local small restaurants are doing OK through this :(

I don't even know what the gently caress is up with Domino's and their cracker crust pizza and the weird-rear end spaghetti-os sauce but it's just so loving bad, Dominos is the literal worst pizza to exist.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 16, 2020

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Paul MaudDib posted:

I don't even know what the gently caress is up with Domino's and their cracker crust pizza and the weird sauce but it's just so loving bad, Dominos is the literal worst pizza to exist.

Have you had Dominos anytime in the last decade? They changed recipes a few years ago, and it's so much better. Maybe it depends on the location. To me, they're better than everything except the non-chain pizza places.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

AuntBuck posted:

Have you had Dominos anytime in the last decade? They changed recipes a few years ago, and it's so much better. Maybe it depends on the location. To me, they're better than everything except the non-chain pizza places.

I haven't, it's probably been about a decade, I ordered it once because it was the only thing open that late and decided that was a mistake that wouldn't be repeated. That, as it turns out, is the point where I'd rather not have pizza than have pizza that bad.

Maybe I'll give them another try then.

I guess that bumps Hungry Howie's to the bottom of my list then.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 04:58 on May 16, 2020

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
little c's is garbage but its good garbage, i eat it superstitiously when i do a certain work thing a few times a year and the grease powers me

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Boba Pearl posted:

Somebody's never been to a Cici's.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Meaty Ore posted:

I really miss the take-and-bake pizzas. So much better than the food court ones. :sigh:

This may be the worst take I've ever seen in this thread. The Costco take-and-bake pizzas were possibly the worst pizzas I've ever had.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Paul MaudDib posted:

I don't even know what the gently caress is up with Domino's and their cracker crust pizza and the weird sauce but it's just so loving bad, Dominos is the literal worst pizza to exist.
When the recipe change happened they ran commercials where they pretty much responded directly to this comment by saying, "Heh..ohkay, we hear you. We're trying something new now..."

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Maybe pizza is different at different Costcos, but I'll say the Costco in North Riverside, IL has some disgraceful pizza.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

BeastOfExmoor posted:

This may be the worst take I've ever seen in this thread. The Costco take-and-bake pizzas were possibly the worst pizzas I've ever had.
You have to bake them before you eat them hth

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I really want a loving turkey pesto sandwich now. Totally the sleeper amongst the menu items. Just a delightful sandwich.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Minto Took posted:

Maybe pizza is different at different Costcos, but I'll say the Costco in North Riverside, IL has some disgraceful pizza.

I think some people have stronger opinions on pizza than others. I don't think that I care as much or my tastebuds are bad.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Hell, I'll still eat a Totinos if you put it in front of me.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

BeastOfExmoor posted:

i was just about to post this, because yeah waht the gently caress??!? the costco take and bake has always been notoriously awful, and weirdly so much different than the food court, and so much worse

i'm not sure i'd go as far as to say it's below little caesars, that's pretty ballsy to go that far; and i even used to like LC back in my community college days in 2006 when they were first rolling out $5 hot n readys. but come on, even I can acknowledge LC is pretty poo poo, especially these days--like it's one of the lower rungs out there.

however, I will agree that food court pizza is extremely miss or decent. i've had ones that just was like soggy pools of grease where all the cheese just slides off in an unappealing collaguated oily mess and dough is soggy and tasteless. Yet i've also had ones where the dough had some nice burnt texture and actual like, tasty structure to it, and cheese/sauce was better integrated that didn't immediately slide off and overall a nice hot temperature that's real enjoyable to eat.

I don't know what causes it, i've generally had far more "this is disappointing as hell. god damnit i should have learned my lesson" FC slices than I have "omg this poo poo si actually pretty dang good?? I need to buy it more often!" slices, but it's been good enough that I still have occasionally buy it despite flopping between extremely disappointed or pleasantly happy. i think it might be timing, if you get a well cooked one that's right out of the oven and just sliced, it might be a lot better.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 05:52 on May 16, 2020

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Their boxed frozen pies are actually pretty decent, and of course, at a great price.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I mentioned this earlier but the pizza shells that come with sauce packets, kirkland shredded mozza pack and whatever toppings you want is super fast and easy and is far far better than any take n bake or frozen pizza I’ve had. You can really go nuts with the toppings and cheese which makes it great.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

priznat posted:

I mentioned this earlier but the pizza shells that come with sauce packets, kirkland shredded mozza pack and whatever toppings you want is super fast and easy and is far far better than any take n bake or frozen pizza I’ve had. You can really go nuts with the toppings and cheese which makes it great.

You can also add toppings or cheese to a take n bake ;)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Paul MaudDib posted:

You can also add toppings or cheese to a take n bake ;)

Yah true but I can get a stack of 4 shells that I just keep in the fridge or freezer after opening.

Also every take and bake seems to do a number on my GI system I dunno what is up with the cheese they use.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Costco straight up ruined -sporting event- hot dogs for me. Quadruple the price, 1/4th the quality.

A PLUMP dog, free refill, friendly service, absurd price point, the condiments, the Archimedes screw onion dispenser.

gently caress concerts. I just want to get a dog and sit by myself on that plastic table. Watching people roll out new TVs. A gentle summer breeze wafts the smell of a combo pizza over me.

:sigh:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Food court pizza ruled. Back when you could still, you know, travel freely without worrying about getting pwned by the lovechild of a bat and a pangolin, Wifezwang and I liked to swing into a Costco near where we'd be camping, get pizza, and take some extra packets of Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes for putting on pizza/pasta later in the trip. Those were the days.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

keevo posted:

Idk how reliable this is, but there's a guy on the Costco sub-Reddit saying that the food court menu is gonna be changed up. They're getting rid of combo pizzas (pepperoni and cheese will still be there), churros, salad, yogurt, and acai bowls. I'm super bummed about the combo pizza if this is true.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Costco/comments/gkezph/rumors_about_major_changes_coming_to_food_courts/

I just saw this and holy poo poo. the acai bowls sucked rear end and salad was whatever, but they better not take the churro. a nice piping hot churro is so nice on a cold day for $1. it's probably the only item i get with regularity because it's also easy to eat on the way out

i thought the yogurt has been gone for awhile though. e: nevermind, i'm thinking of an older product that's long been gone, i think the old sundaes or smoothies is what I'm thinking of they got rid of awhile ago. I forgot they still had the yogurt. it's mostly just OK

quote:

Fairly sure the chicken bakes will be returning in the fall, but they will be pre-packaged and frozen. We won’t be making them by hand in the mornings any longer.

Sandwiches are gone Churros are gone Combo (veggies and sausage) are gone Açaí is gone Salads are gone (I haven’t heard about a new salad but I’m not sure about that one)

As far as I know, smoothies, frozen lattes, ice cream, hot dogs (with ketchup and mustard only), cheese, pep, and premade chicken bakes are going to be the main menu items. At least at my midwest location.

I’ll have to ask about the salad!
apparently it seems true though, gently caress that sucks man. no more kraut, onions, churros? hopefully it's just temporary for a year or so

Xaris fucked around with this message at 07:34 on May 16, 2020

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/lysol-clean-%2526-fresh-multi-surface-cleaner%2C-210-oz.product.100341526.html

anyone know how much the lysol thingies went for at the business center? I wound up giving one to a friend that I sat on for a year and only used a few cups worth but he still needs to know how much to pay me back

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

i am harry posted:

When the recipe change happened they ran commercials where they pretty much responded directly to this comment by saying, "Heh..ohkay, we hear you. We're trying something new now..."

nailed it :v:

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I like the frozen yoghurt so I’m not sure how much of an improvement ice cream will be. The berry sundae is very good although they rarely have the time/bother to make it right (it’s supposed to be swirled together not just a scoop of berries on the bottom and one on top).

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
What the gently caress is the point of ice cream if there aren’t any churros to dip in them :argh:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Howard Stern had a lot of fun mocking this. He even bought a bucket to try it out.

https://www.howardstern.com/show/2016/5/11/cooking-apocalypse/

I couldn't find the video clip, oh well.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Columbus Goons. The Polaris Costco doesn't have the butter chicken sadly. But it does have the margarita with tequila that reddit is raving about. Also $25 for almost 8 pounds of chicken thighs seemed like a pretty good deal since I use those for my chicken cooking needs.

Also got communion because I was craving a dog. Missing the onions still though.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Manuel Calavera posted:

Also got communion because I was craving a dog. Missing the onions still though.

Try Petco

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon
I like the yogurt. For <$2 for the berry sundae is pretty good and a drat bargain. Used to get one almost every trip. Vanilla/Chocolate swirl was definitely the way to go.

I'll be sad if they switch to ice cream as I'm lactose intolerant and yogurt is fine but ice cream is most definitely not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Decided to risk Costco today. They had tp, kleenex, paper towels in stock. No Lysol or bleach but place wasn't too badly stocked.

fun fact: the lady checking people's cards as they entered, ignored the people who didn't wear masks, or had them in hand. Saw several people in the store with mask covering their mouth only, or their chin. Way to keep the bar high!