Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
oh you want to lead a nation? eat some pig snouts rolled in corn and deep fried or you're not getting out of here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
i love hot/corndogs fwiw

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
do other nations have this? EAT A LIVE OCTOPUS OR ONE OF THE SMALLEST REGIONS WILL DECIDE YOUR FATE

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

mooyashi posted:

do other nations have this? EAT A LIVE OCTOPUS OR ONE OF THE SMALLEST REGIONS WILL DECIDE YOUR FATE

Some of us have politicians who eat rolls from the middle to show they're commonfolks

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Trashman posted:

I have the feeling I’ve already said this about five times today but lmfao America wtf whyyyyyyyyy are you so stupid, that poo poo doesn’t even look good at all

Pork chop on a stick is loving delicious and I’m honestly disappointed that the Iowa State Fair is going to be converted into a covid ward this year so I can’t have one.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
If they still hold the fair I hope they do a butter sculpture of the Coronavirus. The highest compliment our state can bestow.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/498211667818586112?s=21

How was this nearly six years ago

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
One year they did a life size butter crew of the Starship Enterprise.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Pork chop on a stick is loving delicious and I’m honestly disappointed that the Iowa State Fair is going to be converted into a covid ward this year so I can’t have one.

You can just cook your own pork chop and put it on a stick. Iowa is a garbage state and should not be celebrated for anything.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
The bone is the stick you fool.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Trixie Hardcore posted:

The bone is the stick you fool.

Wait, so you don't even get a stick at the end of it? Just a dirty bone? Iowa is worse than people lead me to believe.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
If you can’t appreciate eating a cornbrat while watching a milking demonstration then idk what to tell you.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
If your state doesn’t gather together once a year to judge each other’s vegetables and lentil art then you have no culture.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

the performative political bullshit is dumb but fair food unironically kicks rear end. never had a pork chop on a stick but it reminds me of a maxwell street bone-in porkchop sandwich which also unironically kicks rear end

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
i'd kill a man for a deep fried twinkie right now

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Sex Hobbit posted:

i'd kill a man for a deep fried twinkie right now

In 2020, someone has statistically already done this.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

this confirms my suspicion that all these people outside of their fancy suits look exactly like any local hayseed dumbass

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Last year I had to snap at Michael Bennet for blocking access to the butter cow to do some tv interview. I think he was trying to get butter Big Bird in the background of the shot but people politely wait in line to view that cow and he just stands in front of the line like he owned the Agriculture Building. He would have been a terrible president and I’m glad he failed. He only shifted like half a foot and didn’t apologize. He didn’t even eat an egg before he left, the gently caress.

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy

Flavius Aetass posted:

this confirms my suspicion that all these people outside of their fancy suits look exactly like any local hayseed dumbass

nothing wrong with being a hay seed dumbass on its own, but this guy is clearly a moloch worshipper with a thin veneer of butter

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

thetan_guy42 posted:

nothing wrong with being a hay seed dumbass on its own, but this guy is clearly a moloch worshipper with a thin veneer of butter

Just a spoon full of butter helps the austerity go down, austerity go down, austerity go down.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

mooyashi posted:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I grew up going to lovely county fairs, send me to Iowa and make me president

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

more falafel please posted:

the performative political bullshit is dumb but fair food unironically kicks rear end.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Flavius Aetass posted:

Why do politicians, lawyers, and businessmen all wear suits? Because it’s the uniform of deception- it’s designed to lend legitimacy to what would otherwise be an abhorrent person.

Gotta love the fuckin bullshit of “oh, you want to be president of a diverse country? let’s see what IOWA has to say about it before we even ask the diverse part of the country, gently caress you”

What’s to stop California and NY from just saying gently caress it, were going first

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Trixie Hardcore posted:

thank you friend. ive always wanted to say that those porkchops look tasty, but i was too afraid to speak up

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

What’s to stop California and NY from just saying gently caress it, were going first

Party rules saying their votes don’t count if they do that

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
funnel cake is yum

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

It's good IMHO that Iowa goes first because they're openly cruel to the lanyards.

Platystemon posted:

Party rules saying their votes don’t count if they do that

There's also an incredibly tedious level of coordination between like 18 types of government since the primary's schedule is at least as much an artifact of local elections as anything else; you can't just get the DNC on board, you need to also get your city, county, and state of both parties on board. And of course Americans are allergic to changing things.

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

Hobby Lobby purchasing millions of dollars of obviously-looted ancient Iraqi artifacts from smugglers on behalf of an evangelical bible museum

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

In purchasing the antiquities, Hobby Lobby directly funded ISIS

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Was there ever a result from that, like return of antiquities or fines or anything?

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

taqueso posted:

Was there ever a result from that, like return of antiquities or fines or anything?

They paid a few $million in fines and returned thousands of artifacts but apparently underreported the size of their collection and iirc thousands more pieces are "missing"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I was previously unaware of the massive size of the collection.

quote:

Steve Green, the museum's board chairman and the president of Hobby Lobby, announced the museum will be returning 11,500 artifacts to Egypt and Iraq, including thousands of papyrus scraps and ancient clay pieces.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

taqueso posted:

They actually got sued again over it on Monday, which includes this utterly sublime page

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Weren't the papyrus scraps mostly fake anyway?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Weren't the papyrus scraps mostly fake anyway?

There definitely was a story about purported "Dead Sea scroll" fragments absolutely being forgeries, but I don't recall if was the hobby lobby chuds or totally different people

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
More like “Dud Sea Scrolls”.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I saw Batman Returns. This is the part right before she bites off someones nose

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Eat This Glob posted:

There definitely was a story about purported "Dead Sea scroll" fragments absolutely being forgeries, but I don't recall if was the hobby lobby chuds or totally different people

iirc those were from the "museum" that hobby lobby was donating these items to but i dont recall if hobby lobby was the one who donated them or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The museum was a pet project of Hobby Lobby executives, not an independent and reputable institution.

It’s more like the Creation Museum than the Penn Museum.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 22:04 on May 20, 2020