Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

BONG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

World Wonder Ring STARDOM is proud to announce the results of a sweeping new post-draft Talent Acquisition push:

A Living Legend now wrestling EXCLUSIVELY for our company:

And Last but not Least, in the area of talent management and brand development, STARDOM welcomes one final name into the fold who will change the landscape of the company and Joshi Puro as we know it!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Junpei Hyde posted:

I am still mad we never got to the reveal of Batista as THE OBSERVER, BIG DAVE

gently caress that is pure gold.

I'm happy to see another TEW thread. I'm greatly looking forward to seeing what insanity everyone comes up with this time.

The discord link is expired/not working, so I'd welcome a fresh one to hop in and see the madness, and maybe pitch the occasional idea as a freelance writer-for-hire.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 25, 2020

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Wait, did you pick him on purpose?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Shameful missed opportunity to take Spears as pick #10 to one of the brands.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

Wait, did you pick him on purpose?

He was foisted on us

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

I Before E posted:

He was foisted on us

Coward Tony tried to bribe us with the Chair Man

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
TK gave you Shawn Spears while also taking away our number two draft pick.

At least All Elite Wrestling can pride itself in the number one draft pick, the legal eagle, the regal beagle, the franchise player, the game changer, the trailblazer the diamond lazer, the university city stretcher, the ukulele picking-wild card, first time long time, karate-chop action, "All Sak" Drew Gulak.

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 25, 2020

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
for some reason I actually know half of impacts roster really well from that year I watched aaw, all those guys ended up there. and aside from sami I like them

(get ready to learn about the rascalz!!!!!!)

shiksa fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 25, 2020

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The tradition continues

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
anthems film division presents...

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Taintrunner fucked around with this message at 08:19 on May 25, 2020

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Take care fella...spike your hair! :fella:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Twitter has been on fire in the wake of the Draft as Impact's new signings prepare to join their new home

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The Clown speaks the truth

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Impact Wrestling 2020: Fool Me Once, Shame On You. Fool Me 900 Times… Shame On Me?

Welp, I guess we’re doing this again. I’m sure it will be worth our time :v: With the unprecedented collapse of WWE even Impact is getting another shot at making something of themselves. They’ve even made it back onto television and this time it’s on a channel you’ve actually heard of! It’s been a long time since this forum paid attention to Impact so let’s take a quick rundown of the roster.

The current Impact World champion is Sami Callahan who you may remember from the time he shoot smashed in the face of Eddie Edwards with a baseball bat. He leads the worst-named stable in wrestling, Ohio Is 4 Killers, who are determined to help him keep the belt. Besides him the roster isn’t entirely without talent with the likes of Brian Cage and the much loathed Michael Elgin taking prominence. Naomichi Marufuji is also on their roster somehow? Then came the Draft which ended up with some huge gains as they picked up Andrade as well as his two last names, Murphy as well as his first name, David Starr, Jungle “Jack Perry” Boy and two impossibly sexy Irishmen for the price of one with Prince Devitt and Jordan Devlin.

Oh, they also have Enzo Amore :frog:

Impact’s Knockout division has always been highly regarded and it may now be the best it’s ever been with Tessa Blanchard leading the pack as their champion. They also have highly regarded talent like Taya Valkyrie and Jordynne Grace as well as WWE alumni like Tenille Dashwood and Gail Kim. With OH4K’s Jessicka Havok and the promising Su Yung acting as foils for the division there’s already been a lot to get excited about and that’s before they added Athena and goon favourite Maki Itoh. Impact’s also leaned heavily into intergender wrestling in the last year so it’ll be very interesting to see if that continues to play out.

Impact also has a tag team division apparently with current champs being Ethan Page and Josh Alexander, collectively known as The North for reasons I have yet to ascertain. Other teams in the division include Reno Scum and the very late-90s named The Rascalz. The division fleshed out its ranks with the Grizzled Young Veterans and RevPro’s Aussie Open plus the returning Edge and Christian who will surely be fun to watch right until the moment Edge’s neck shatters into dust.

The X division continues to stumble along like a well preserved cockroach with the title currently being held by Ace Austin. We can expect to see this be passed between the likes of Rich Swann, TJ Perkins and Rhino as the division continues to exist solely as a ghost haunting the company to remind them of their brightest days. Or maybe they’ll come up with something fresh and exciting to renew its identity in :suicide:

I look forward to taking this journey with you together. Here’s hoping we don’t end up regretting it!

HidaO-Win posted:

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m excited for this new version of Impact. They’ve managed to pull together a really strong roster and if handled right we could be seeing some amazing matches.

Chris James 2 posted:

They hired Enzo.

They hired Enzo.

STAC Goat posted:

I’ve been saying it for a while now but Impact’s been a good watch for a while. I thought they would struggle after losing so much talent to AEW but everything that’s happened has given them a chance to revitalise their roster. There’s some great new names that I’m looking forward to seeing in action. It’s great to see David Starr getting a shot with a major promotion, I never thought that one would ever happen so that’s a huge pickup for me. I’ve heard a lot of good things about Kento Miyahara but checking out AJPW is a bit too much for me so I’m excited to see what he brings to the table. It’s a shame about Enzo but I’ll just fast forward through his segments if it means getting to see the likes of Andrade and Devitt away from the WWE stink.

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’m very much in for Impact this year. I have a huge gap to fill now that I don’t have WWE to watch and if anyone’s going to have that WWE flavour it’s going to be Impact. Enzo is a garbage person but what do you expect? Wrestling is a carny business and Enzo is money in certain circles so people are going to offer him paydays. If you think that Enzo’s going to get blackballed by everyone then you’re being incredibly naive. He’s one small piece of a much bigger puzzle and that doesn’t mean the whole picture is ruined.

Lamuella posted:

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’m very much in for Impact this year. I have a huge gap to fill now that I don’t have WWE to watch and if anyone’s going to have that WWE flavour it’s going to be Impact. Enzo is a garbage person but what do you expect? Wrestling is a carny business and Enzo is money in certain circles so people are going to offer him paydays. If you think that Enzo’s going to get blackballed by everyone then you’re being incredibly naive. He’s one small piece of a much bigger puzzle and that doesn’t mean the whole picture is ruined.

Eat My Fuc

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

This is a very fun post

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Art. Sad to not see karmicknight shitposting early in the 2020 impact thread.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Welcome to the Ring of Honor Discussion Thread. This is your thread to discuss a company with record BUZZ levels. Just take a look at this chart which displays ROH's Buzz.

ROH's baseline buzz numbers have increased steadily the last two years from already record baseline buzz numbers!

Some people will say ROH doesn't have buzz, that no one talks about them and that's why there hasn't been a new thread in 2 years. My friends, those people wouldn't know buzz if it flew up and stung them. There's so much buzz I just couldn't handle it, but now I've prepared and I'm ready. These people are agents of WWE and lack buzz in their daily livee.

Don't believe me? Then look at this tweet, the Buzz is translating into Business (or buzziness)

https://twitter.com/Laviemarg/status/1212758755567382528

Those are record levels of buzz!

This company has so much buzz that Madison Square Garden approached them to do an event. ROH agreed, but then WWE (evil, lacking buzz) demanded they stop. MSG, playing host to teams without any buzz agreed, but yearned to have the buzz that ROH generates, and then decided to spurn the buzzless WWE and let ROH and their friends NJPW (lacking any real buzz in this country their last event barely half filled a building while ROH sets records and who got some needed buzz from ROH) run G1 SUPERCARD in April 2019, which was the most attended (and buzziest) wrestling event to take place in New York City in April of 2019.

You can't have this much buzz without your champions having buzz so let's take a look!

ROH World Champion:

WOW! Maximum buzz levels!

ROH Tag Team Champions

As you might expect Jay Lethal and Jonathan Gresham have huge buzz levels. The public waits to find out what international dream match may happen after what may be the biggest ever Tag Wars Tournament this January.

Women of Honor Champion

There is no Women Of Honor champion, and I'm not sure there are women in Ring Of Honor. If there are, they have a lot of buzz!

ROH Television Champion

Dragon Lee has perhaps more buzz than PCO, as he is a star in Mexico, Japan, and the US, three countries with tremendous buzz! The world awaits his next challenger, who will be the winner of this month's Top Prospect Tournament, a tournament with some of the buzziest talent we've ever seen!

ROH 6 Man (Trios) Tag Team Champions

Villain Enterprises have overwhelming buzz, as they have the ROH World Champion, the buzziest champion in professional wrestling!

Want to see what all this BUZZ is about? You can watch ROH right here!

https://www.rohwrestling.com/watch

Order Pay Per Views (huge buzz) watch the TV (ditto) or see the house shows! Better yet sign up for Honor Club for a year and all of that is included!

That's so much buzz you won't be able to handle it.

But if you can handle it, maybe go see ROH live!

ROH is back on PPV this January for Honor Reigns Supreme!

Niennunb posted:

PCO is my dad

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

have you folks seen the leaked photos for Glouya Force Wrestling’s new championship belt this thing is the Stradivarius of wrestling titles

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

This is a work of art, thank you

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
AEW Dynamite 1/1: Rise From Your Grave Edition

karmicknight posted:

All Elite Wrestling rises like a phoenix to return to TNT after the Christmas Day off and begin the second official year of AEW in style with a special Homecoming episode being broadcast from Daily's Place in Jacksonville, Florida. (Site of Fight for the Fallen and designed by AEW money man Shad Khan). This is literally immediately after the big post-WWE draft today it's really good that AEW is in Florida because we might even see some of the draftees. And holy poo poo is there some big stuff and some cool stuff, and little Greggy has a match.

We'll start the recap with that very match as

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1210921070129287169
Trent? of Best Friends will take on Jon Moxley. With Moxley well aware of his numerical disadvantage to the Inner Circle, will Moxley murder Trent? and recruit his crew of odd balls and the best wrestlers on the planet (who are in way better shape than a certain former partner of Moxley)

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1210490674702962689
Also Moxley has been given until this very show to respond to the Inner Circle's offer to #JoinInnerCircle, will the #1 contender in AEW take Jericho up on his offer to become a l- yeah, I can't even pretend, it's all about how Jon Moxley is going to reject the Inner Circle's offer and that is cool with me. Also Jericho might be in Japan for WrestleKingdom so who loving knows what is going on.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1211248269323620352
From one World Champion to another, while Riho has been at home in Japan in recent weeks, we've seen a lot of jostling and rising stars in the women's contendership rankings, leading to Kris Stat(lander) becoming to #1 contender to Riho's World Women's championship. However Statlander's love of the indies meant that she had booked a match on the west coast in Bar Wrestling before this title match was planed. So the compromise TK came up with was pretty simple, Riho has to beat all three of her major singles opponents (who aren't Emi Sakura, watch Gatoh Move) from last year (also the #s 2 through 4 contenders) before the winner of this match faces Kris Stat NEXT week. Two title matches in back to back weeks! Potentially three entries for the Champion of January list.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1210373046667796480
As a transition away from the title picture, Tazz is going to be in Jacksonville for reasons that aren't quite fully explained. I hope he is here to name a Homecoming Court because Cody and others have been making jokes about doing that for this week's episode.

(couldn't find a loving tweet :siren:)
Also, Maxwell Jacob Friedman will be in Jacksonville, because Maxwell has devised exactly what he wants the stipulation to be that would make him wrestle Cody Rhodes. it's sure to be something dastardly or clever, and he is probably going to make someone kiss his ring.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1211092158998097921
In the first of the three matches that pit the Elite/Nightmare Family against acts that are cooler than themselves, Old Dustin, The Natural Dustin Rhodes takes on the Spanish God, The Best Ever, Sammy Guevara.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1211152560586928128
Second up is the match I think will open the show, almost as if not more important than closing a TV show, it's the rematch from the draw at Fyter Fest. It's Cody Rhodes vs. Darby Alllin. It's rich EVP, second son of a wrestling legend vs. a skateboarding goth. It's two dudes that are real cool and it might be the first time Cody Rhodes is treated like a heel by a crowd since his match with Dustin at Double or Nothing.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1210859331865976832
And in a match that was supposed to headline Fyter Fest, only for the Bastard to be replaced with Laredo Kid do to "reasons" it's the Elite (Kenny and the Bucks) vs. Pac and Lucha Brothers. Pac has been looking for a way to get Kenny to notice him, and the Lucha Brothers were pissed at Kenny and Hangman (Speaking of, Where IS the Hangman?) last time Dynamite had a show, and the Bucks are coming off of their heartbreaking loss to SCU for the World Tag Team titles.

Also, AEW has a bunch of draft picks and indie signings from the draft day stuff happening in the post-WWE closure, so a bunch of WWE guys who are AEW-bound might be in the building tonight. A lot of plates are in the air and a lot of poo poo is going down, and last year ended on a poorly received Dark Order beat down and

wait.

What about the Dark Order?

I'm sorry.

Suplex Liberace posted:

Trent? is gonna get his rear end beat i cant wait. Chuck is right

Gaz-L posted:

Taz is there because Tony's got a football game to call. But he was real good when he did Dark a few weeks ago, so it's cool.

ChrisBTY posted:

Why doesn't MJF ever wrestle? What are you hiding coward Tony?

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 03:53 on May 26, 2020

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

A primordial struggle consists of roiling elements of purity clashing against each other. The ancient ones contained these forces through sheer force of will. But eventually the Titans fell and the gods rebelled.

Like modern day Greek Gods - New Japan, Ring of Honor, Impact, All Elite, NXT, Stardom, and others seek to seize the day! What a time to be alive! But what if… we looked deeper?

Does the shift to a Heavyweight-focused product at NJPW mirror the fable of the Lion and the Mouse? Does Ring of Honor’s focus on a lighter roster mirror that of the Mischievous Dog? Does All Elite’s rapid expansion bode ill will like the One-Eyed Doe? Does NXT’s elevation as a true main brand equate to the Vain Jackdaw? Does Stardom’s near monopoly on women’s talent akin to The Old Hound?

Time will tell. Join me as we look beyond the surface, and into the philosophical side of wrestling in the next installment of…

Damien Demento’s Phat Philosophical Post!!!! …From the Darkest Reaches of Your Mind!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Nystral posted:

A primordial struggle consists of roiling elements of purity clashing against each other. The ancient ones contained these forces through sheer force of will. But eventually the Titans fell and the gods rebelled.

Like modern day Greek Gods - New Japan, Ring of Honor, Impact, All Elite, NXT, Stardom, and others seek to seize the day! What a time to be alive! But what if… we looked deeper?

Does the shift to a Heavyweight-focused product at NJPW mirror the fable of the Lion and the Mouse? Does Ring of Honor’s focus on a lighter roster mirror that of the Mischievous Dog? Does All Elite’s rapid expansion bode ill will like the One-Eyed Doe? Does NXT’s elevation as a true main brand equate to the Vain Jackdaw? Does Stardom’s near monopoly on women’s talent akin to The Old Hound?

Time will tell. Join me as we look beyond the surface, and into the philosophical side of wrestling in the next installment of…

Damien Demento’s Phat Philosophical Post!!!! …From the Darkest Reaches of Your Mind!

This sucks, just play Eat It already!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

WELCOME HOME WITH MAURO RANALLO

Due to the current circumstances, many Superstars have found their way back to Full Sail. But since they departed, there have been changes in the Black and Gold world. Throughout the show, Mauro Ranallo will sit down with The Empress of Tomorrow, The American Alpha, The Underdog from the Underground and others to see what they think of the current landscape, and how they plan to shake things up inside Full Sail in the weeks to come. What plans do they have for the NXT faithful and the new challengers from all over the world of sports entertainment?

Find out when it all goes down Wednesday night at 8/7 C on USA Network!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

He's baaaaaaaaaack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAllfyyZIFw

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

KILL
STEEN
KILL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I see ROH is going full WWE by going all in on old stars too broken down to match their previous glories :thunkher: