Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

His fruit does nothing to lessen any injuries or damage he takes, it jsut regenerates his body afterwards. So attacks do the same thing whether or not he's being affected by seastone, it's jsut whether his fruit kicks in to heal it immediately afterwards or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Very excited to see Marco join in on the fun. I like characters who look like rank-and-file nobodies but turn out to be way more badass than they look, though Marco's gotten a little fancier over the years.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Julias posted:

It's both funny, and also really sad, that apparently the Big Mom Pirates haven't been able to get up the waterfall in two weeks though
Ichigo must have stowed away on their boat.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

DizzyBum posted:

Avoiding Apoo's attacks by not being able to hear the music is genius in its simplicity.

I really liked this too, I never would have thought that was the case in a million years, but it makes perfect sense based on their devil fruit ability and overall gimmick. I also like how it makes them one of the strongest OP characters if you don't know the secret, but one of the weakest if you do. That's just some nice overall shonen goodness right there.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Brother Entropy posted:

marco is a grown up butters and i can't deal with that

:prepop:

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Being on act 3 still and having Marco showing up before the battle starts makes me worried that the alliance is gonna get bopped and act 4/5 is the real victories

edit: or act 5 is just a big intermission to show whatever else is going on? idk

Professorjuggalo fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jun 8, 2020

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
If it's anything like an actual Kabuki play act 5 will probably be the celebration and feast.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Act 3 is the tragedy which we've already seen and resolved. Act 4 is where we get the climactic fights and Act 5 is the resolution/celebration.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I thought act three ended with the flashback, is that not the case?

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I thought it was gonna end at the oden flashback or the kyoshiro/kanjuro reveals but we’re still in act 3

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

NowonSA posted:

I really liked this too, I never would have thought that was the case in a million years, but it makes perfect sense based on their devil fruit ability and overall gimmick. I also like how it makes them one of the strongest OP characters if you don't know the secret, but one of the weakest if you do. That's just some nice overall shonen goodness right there.

I assume Apoo must have some sort of weapon/martial arts if he has to fight someone solo. It's probably pretty hard to fight while also covering your ears.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

If Luffy was smart (LOL) he could just fold his rubber ears shut. He doesn't need to hear because of his Observation Haki

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Apoo could take Shanks. Try blocking both your ears with 1 arm you goober!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mulderman posted:

Shanks would just harden his ears with haki.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

That's not how that works.

But in all seriousness. Shanks is badass enough he could probably just shrug off his attacks.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Mulderman posted:

That's not how that works.

Isn't it though? We have absolutely no proof Haki cannot be used that way.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

if you think about it, the air is touching your ear canal. reinforce the air solid with armament to plug it up.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Mulderman posted:

I feel like Shanks could end this fight before Apoo could make an attack.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Mulderman posted:

psh, spoken like someone who's never defeated a sound-based opponent after losing an arm

"duhhh wouldn't it be funny if he held the sword in his mouth" i gurgle to myself as i begin my joke drawing of One Piece, The Sword Mouth Anime

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Libra posted:

psh, spoken like someone who's never defeated a sound-based opponent after losing an arm

"duhhh wouldn't it be funny if he held the sword in his mouth" i gurgle to myself as i begin my joke drawing of One Piece, The Sword Mouth Anime

God drat

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Libra posted:

:perfect:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Professorjuggalo posted:

I thought it was gonna end at the oden flashback or the kyoshiro/kanjuro reveals but we’re still in act 3

Yea I think the tragic close to act 3 will be the heavily foreshadowed Law betrayal

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I love that everyone get these cool post-timeskip redesigns and Marco’s is just small glasses

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Libra posted:

drat...always thought Apoo was Yonko-tier but this pic changes everything

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Libra posted:

This is great.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Libra posted:

:five:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Libra posted:

:zoro:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Guy A. Person posted:

Yea I think the tragic close to act 3 will be the heavily foreshadowed Law betrayal

every mention i see of this theory is by someone clinically insane.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Lpzie posted:

every mention i see of this theory is by someone clinically insane.

Every time the dudes appeared on screen in the last 20 chapters has had his eyes shaded over as he looks away from the people thanking him, but I’d be happy to be wrong :shrug:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

law just has resting bitch face

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Guy A. Person posted:

Every time the dudes appeared on screen in the last 20 chapters has had his eyes shaded over as he looks away from the people thanking him, but I’d be happy to be wrong :shrug:

I'm pretty sure this is how he always looks. His hat naturally gives him dramatic reaction shading and he's a dork who doesnt like praise (he totally likes the praise)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Choppers cover is blown as an undercover big mom spy. How could you not see it? He says he's gonna kill you bastards every time he gets praised.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Libra posted:

:vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
[quote="Libra" post="505522964"]

:golfclap:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Law has not had near enough focus this arc for him to be a traitor.

In fact I completely forgot that he's on Wano too.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Libra posted:

A big brain maneuver worthy of an Emperor.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Libra posted:

I concede defeat!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Wachter posted:

If Luffy was smart (LOL) he could just fold his rubber ears shut. He doesn't need to hear because of his Observation Haki

This definitely feels like a Luffy solution to the problem, though, and he's pretty smart when actually in combat.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
stretch those ears under your chin and tie them off, luffy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Come to think of it, Scratchmen is the perfect opponent for Brook, isn't he?