Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Now I'm convinced this series will end with Uraraka bravely convincing Shigaraki to give her a high-five. Uraraka will sacrifice her life but Shigaraki will be stuck floating forever, incapable of ever touching anything again, probably in space until he can't think anymore.

Do quirks get stronger after death?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Do quirks get stronger after death?

O my rubber quirk.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Like I said before, Shigaraki will be defeated when Eri uses her quirk to rewind him back to a kid with no All For One and no memory of anything that happened. Deku, who has also lost his quirk, decides to take in young Tenko and become the greatest hero of all: a father.

The final chapter will flash forward a few years to an older Deku taking his son to visit UA where we see Bakugou, now a teacher there, meeting his new class for the year(which includes Eri, Kota, and that kid from the new movie, all wearing unofficial Deku merch) and see that Aizawa has become the new principle. We then end on a montage showing how everyone else in the class is doing these days, including a shot of Shoto taking his mother and siblings to visit Dabi/Toya in jail and Uraraka closing in on the number 1 ranked spot.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Rhonne posted:

Deku, who has also lost his quirk, decides to take in young Tenko and become the greatest hero of all: a father.

How would he know tho

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

How would he know tho

Last page of the series is Izuku telling Tenko that he's going to the 7-11 and will be back in five minutes.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm going to guess that AfO and OfA are two parts of a whole that unleashed quirks on the world, and the quirk singularity is happening because they're trapped in two individuals instead of out in the world. So it'll end up with Deku trying to get AfO back then releasing both quirks back into the ether to rebalance things and prevent the singularity.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rhonne posted:

Like I said before, Shigaraki will be defeated when Eri uses her quirk to rewind him back to a kid with no All For One and no memory of anything that happened. Deku, who has also lost his quirk, decides to take in young Tenko and become the greatest hero of all: a father.

The final chapter will flash forward a few years to an older Deku taking his son to visit UA where we see Bakugou, now a teacher there, meeting his new class for the year(which includes Eri, Kota, and that kid from the new movie, all wearing unofficial Deku merch) and see that Aizawa has become the new principle. We then end on a montage showing how everyone else in the class is doing these days, including a shot of Shoto taking his mother and siblings to visit Dabi/Toya in jail and Uraraka closing in on the number 1 ranked spot.

What's the endgame for the rest of the LoV in this hypothetical scenario?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Supersonic Shine posted:

Stripped of his natural-born gifts and forever closed off to his dream of becoming the best, Bakugo turns to the forbidden art of using a grenade launcher.

Bakugo, leaping through the air with his feet on fire: EAT poo poo, DEKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

"drat Bakugo, leave some for the rest of us."

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

What's the endgame for the rest of the LoV in this hypothetical scenario?

Compress: Jail
Spinner: Tragic death
Toga: Hooks up with some guy who looks like Deku, but has a hyper regeneration quirk so she can stab him as much as she wants and he's totally into that sort of thing.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
My bet is if anyone major dies here it will be Gran Torino. We know he’s on the scene, and given endeavor of all people brought up one for all over the hero radio he will be the only one to realize the significance and know shigaraki will be after deku. He’s also one of the few who might be able to catch up in time.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rhonne posted:

Toga: Hooks up with some guy who looks like Deku, but has a hyper regeneration quirk so she can stab him as much as she wants and he's totally into that sort of thing.

It's a Twice clone of Deku. The best ending possible. :v:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Rhonne posted:

Now I'm mad this won't be the ending.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

Another perhaps less satisfying out from the current predicament that Deku finds himself in with Super Shigaraki after him is that while Deku is only at 45% control now, he can still go and throw a punch at 100% if he really needs to. It’s been awhile since we’ve seen him break himself but it’s still an option on the table.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Kithkar posted:

Another perhaps less satisfying out from the current predicament that Deku finds himself in with Super Shigaraki after him is that while Deku is only at 45% control now, he can still go and throw a punch at 100% if he really needs to. It’s been awhile since we’ve seen him break himself but it’s still an option on the table.

And hey, Shigaraki won't die if he has regeneration.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

Mraagvpeine posted:

And hey, Shigaraki won't die if he has regeneration.

Would be real wild to see Deku accidentally/intentionally decapitate a motherfucker only to have him get up again anyway.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

A single 100% punch probably isn't nearly enough to bring down Shigaraki now.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

100% Consecutive Punches

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Kithkar posted:

Hell, if he's able to stay at 45% for extended periods, full 100% once in a while might be an option without that degree of backlash. But yeah, probably not enough to drop Shigaraki, though it would be a clear way to indicate just how much power was granted beyond Ultra-Decay.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Deku and Bakugou's situation is about to become extra dire when Gigantomachia arrives with the rest of the Liberation Army unless the heroes at the mansion can pull off a miracle.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rhonne posted:

Deku and Bakugou's situation is about to become extra dire when Gigantomachia arrives with the rest of the Liberation Army unless the heroes at the mansion can pull off a miracle.
There's nobody at the mansion who can probably hold a candle to machia. The only thing I keep thinking about looking at the mansion fight is "Man, Mt. Lady is absolutely hosed if Gigantomachia wakes up and she tries to throw hands with him".

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

His quirk just makes him an actual mountain guy, right?
So they just need to let erosion take care of him over several thousand years. Easy.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Rhonne posted:

A single 100% punch probably isn't nearly enough to bring down Shigaraki now.

He could always repeat All Might punching the Nomu into the horizon, but yeah that wouldn't actually stop Shigaraki. He's basically unstoppable and with Search he can always find Deku. Something definitive needs to happen.

Speaking of Search, I wonder how exactly it works after being stolen. Does it show people Ragdoll has seen, All for One has seen or Shigaraki?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Nephthys posted:

He could always repeat All Might punching the Nomu into the horizon, but yeah that wouldn't actually stop Shigaraki. He's basically unstoppable and with Search he can always find Deku. Something definitive needs to happen.

I'm starting to worry that the "something" is going to be something crazy like the Japanese government sees things going south and just drop a bomb on the whole battle in an attempt to wipe them all out. Shigaraki gets hosed up and needs time to recover, Gigantomachia gets out relatively unscathed and manages to protect most of the Liberation Army leadership from the explosion, but still lose a significant chunk of their army so they can't immediately retaliate, a bunch of heroes die as well, and Deku goes missing.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

We saw Shigaraki pocket some dequirk bullets just before fighting Endeavor. I wonder if one of them will get deflected onto Shigaraki and remove one of his quirks?

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
De-quirking him of Search before he has to retreat because inevitably he hits some sort of limit due to the process being incomplete would be a way to eke a small win out of this.

Search is almost as big a plot problem as Erasure since it's a really really good quirk for someone who has other quirks, and specifically someone who wants other quirks.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I still don't really know what the quirk singularity is supposed to be because of unofficial scans

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I still don't really know what the quirk singularity is supposed to be because of unofficial scans

As time goes on quirks get more and more stronger until the point where society collapses because some kid got the self activation earth buster nuke quirk. pretty much there’s gonna be a point in society where quirks are just too janked for any kind of oversight (or regulated hero society)

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

We saw Shigaraki pocket some dequirk bullets just before fighting Endeavor. I wonder if one of them will get deflected onto Shigaraki and remove one of his quirks?

Smash cut to Overhaul in prison suddenly being filled with a sense of smug satisfaction for the first time in ages.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

With every generation quirks get stronger and stronger. Eventually there will be a quirk like Thirteens where a 5 year old kid opens a black hole that they cant control and destroys the planet.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's okay, it's a conspiracy theory. No one sane would believe in it, Present Mic said so several chapters after he went through a situation that undeniably proved it was true.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
why would the anti-quirk bullets only remove one of Shigaraki's quirks instead of all of them

way more likely he ends up using them on someone

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Shigaraki and Deku have a fight so devastating that all the people in the world agree to mass produce the quirk destroying bullets and eliminate quirks from the world entirely.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Either endeavour or bakugou get hit with the bullets, doesn’t make sense having the quirk bullets strip one single random quirk out of shiggys arsenal (if anything it would just rob him of his decay quirk)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

bakugo's not gonna get hit, why would you even think that

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Deku gets hit, spends an arc in a deep depression over losing OfA and letting everyone down before resolving to become a hero anyways, ends up having to fight a bunch of villains while quirkless and just when it looks like he's about to die, OfA returns stronger than ever.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Arist posted:

bakugo's not gonna get hit, why would you even think that

*reads the first 20 chapters of my hero academia* no clue it’s just another one of my batshit theories haha

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They already used that fakeout, and at a time when it would be far more meaningful than it would be now. I just don't see it.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

They've already floated the idea that Eri could restore someone's quirk even after getting shot, so anyone hit by the bullet doesn't mean it'll be a permanent loss.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

why would the anti-quirk bullets only remove one of Shigaraki's quirks instead of all of them

way more likely he ends up using them on someone

He doesn't exactly have a gun on him at the moment, so unless he starts throwing them really hard at people I doubt they'll come up in this fight.

Arist posted:

They already used that fakeout, and at a time when it would be far more meaningful than it would be now. I just don't see it.

Well at that point the idea was that Shigaraki was going to steal his quirk because he wanted it and well, guess who is now hulk-jumping directly at Bakugo with AfO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

To add onto the other answers it's more specifically that over time all the different quirks combine into each other and stack more and more strength. Think One For All, but via birth, not via chosen successors.

Bakugo's a good example -- his very powerful Quirk is a combination of his parents' lackluster Quirks. If he has children they'll have a combination of Explosive Sweat and whatever their mother's quirk is.