Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Just release the San Andreas remaster in a modern engine and NOTHING else changed, Rockstar you cowards.

What about the rc plane missions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The RC missions are required to remember the good times and the bad.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
San Andreas is the best one because you can be fat

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I Before E posted:

They are fine and the RC helicopter mission is fun.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I found the minigun on the roof mission harder than the RC ones, also had someone bring me their SA save because they couldn't beat the airstrip plane mission training.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I've never really bothered with GTA Online and I don't know why.

One thing I appreciate about GTA V is that it actually let you skip necessary/story missions if you kept failing them a certain number of times. Which was great for me because I always did terrible at the flying missions.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
There’s a mission in GTAV where you have to drive a car into a moving truck by going up a ramp and you have a small amount of time to do so but when I tried to do it there was a graphics glitch that caused the ramp to be disconnected from the truck making it impossible to drive the drat car in. More games need to have “skip this bullshit” buttons but also more games need to fix their fuckin poo poo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

davidbix posted:

I've never really bothered with GTA Online and I don't know why.

One thing I appreciate about GTA V is that it actually let you skip necessary/story missions if you kept failing them a certain number of times. Which was great for me because I always did terrible at the flying missions.

Same. I didn't hate singleplayer, but I spent way more time doing side stuff and just driving around doing dumb poo poo* than I ever did on the missions

*Ultimately that's what got me into sticking with the game as long as I did even on a different console online with friends

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Just release the San Andreas remaster in a modern engine and NOTHING else changed, Rockstar you cowards.

This but also Vice City too

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I Before E posted:

The PC release (and I think a Playstation upgrade) changed the fuel consumption so it wasn't quite as terrible as it was on release. The mission was still dogshit, but at least you didn't lose half your fuel if a slight breeze gently nudged a molecule on the thumbstick controller anymore.

God, San Andreas was such a great game.

MassRafTer posted:

San Andreas had the best storyline because it taught that money and fame don't mean poo poo, in fact those things are bad. It's family and community that matter.

:hai:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jun 12, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
San Andreas was the best one because all you had to do was follow the drat train, CJ

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sometimes I worked up an appetite playing, so I'd stop by Cluckin' Bell and get two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

TLAD and TBOGT were both way more fun than the main story on GTA IV.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I really didn't enjoy The Lost and the Damned, but I really dug The Ballad of Gay Tony.

That said, seeing how TLAD characters ended up in GTAV still felt oddly meanspirited/nasty.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

karmicknight posted:

The RC missions are required to remember the good times and the bad.

Yin and Yang, two sides of the same whole

Seams posted:

San Andreas is the best one because you can be fat

They even changed all of CJ's incidental dialogue depending on if you were skinny, average, or fat, it owned.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Gay Tony was indeed my favorite of the bunch. The characters (particularly Yusuf) were loving great.

I liked GTAV a lot, but the online seems grifty as gently caress and really turns me off of playing. I usually just stuck to doing races on there.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I really didn't enjoy The Lost and the Damned, but I really dug The Ballad of Gay Tony.

That said, seeing how TLAD characters ended up in GTAV still felt oddly meanspirited/nasty.

TLAD sold really, really poorly so that bit in V was basically Dan Houser telling the audience "OH YEAH, YOU DON'T LIKE THESE CHARACTERS? WELL NEITHER DO I, gently caress EM"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

hunnert car pileup posted:

Gay Tony was indeed my favorite of the bunch. The characters (particularly Yusuf) were loving great.

I love that you spend the whole game doing the usual thing of running errands for everybody and wondering just what the gently caress you get out of this whole relationship, and then at the end you tell Yusuf you're in trouble and he shows up in a loving attack helicopter to gently caress up the assholes who are bothering his friends :shobon:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I loved GTA V, probably my favorite in the series. Story was inferior to IV, sure, but the gameplay was on point, and Lamar is funny as hell.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Saints Row The Third was better than all of these.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Alaois posted:

TLAD sold really, really poorly so that bit in V was basically Dan Houser telling the audience "OH YEAH, YOU DON'T LIKE THESE CHARACTERS? WELL NEITHER DO I, gently caress EM"

idea: have danhausen write gta6

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm as much a contributor to the derail as anybody, but let's get back to Stupid Wrestling Fan Opinions now. Game chat welcome over in the General Discussion thread!

https://twitter.com/FuckAEW/status/1271177680197693441

Like I honestly can't tell which twitter accounts are parody and which are real, honest-to-God lunatics. I'm assuming this guy/gal is the latter.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lamuella posted:

Saints Row The Third was better than all of these.

It had a gang made up of Lucha guys, so this opinion ought to be uncontroversial.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I can't believe AEW is loving dead

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

AEW only barely beat NXT, which means AEW is dead and buried... and NXT is alive and well!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I would say something about consumerism reducing people down to identifying with brands instead of forming actual genuine human connections, but unlike WWE most brands are not openly contemptuous of their fanbase so I think there people are mostly just contrarian dumbasses who want to see something good fail just because other people like it.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Cerebral Bore posted:

I would say something about consumerism reducing people down to identifying with brands instead of forming actual genuine human connections, but unlike WWE most brands are not openly contemptuous of their fanbase so I think there people are mostly just contrarian dumbasses who want to see something good fail just because other people like it.

I think you're right. One of the most revealing criticisms of AEW by some of its critics is that AEW fans only like the product because "they want to like it". Talk about putting the cart before the horse.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
AEW is a farm

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

AEW is a farm

A stud farm.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Lamuella posted:

A stud farm.

wisdom.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Rarity posted:

AEW is a farm

They signed Bryan?!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
E: Didn't see the mod message, withdrawn.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
There is a Mike Kurtz account running wild on these forums now and I am scared.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Please join us Mike we need your wisdom

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Obviously he's only here to steal the hot scoops.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My scoops!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mike is a beacon of hope for all. His account was so wild and bizzarre and pro-WWE, then he opened his mind and tried something different in AEW. It's been way more digestible (and a little bit horny, proving the AEW tendrils have really grabbed hold) since then.

If only everybody could be so willing to accept new ideas.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

Obviously he's only here to steal the hot scoops.

Over my dead loving body :colbert:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Don't touch my scoops!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

Over my dead loving body :colbert:

Rarity (c) vs Mike Kurtz in a loser leaves the forums scoopsmatch. Book it already J-Ru you coward.