Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Go RV! posted:

I think it was figured out when this first went around a few years ago that it didn't pass muster. She's also accused A LOT of other wrestlers.

Also Dave meltzer apparently. Certainly possible but also there are legit damaged people out there. Thinking about those tweets MJF posted a few months back.

That said, just a quick google about this turns up an absolutely gross thread that shouldn’t be the basis of whether or not this accusation “passes muster”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

angel amaroso has or had a youtube channel where she just lists literally every famous '90s wrestler and promoter and random people like dave meltzer and says they abused her when she was underage. they dont paint a great picture of her mental health. she was in ecw as like an 18 or 19 year old so entirely likely that there were untoward things happening but very difficult to give credence to any specific allegation because it seriously reads like she went down a wikipedia list

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Thanks to DrVenkman and @CommieGarfield on twitter we can summarize that riddle's wife did text the victim asking for messages Matt had sent her. the woman tweeted this as a screenshot but forgot to block out the phone number, so deleted that and reuploaded it with the number partially obscured. the reason there is a weird 'remove ads' button in the original image is not because of a fake image creator but because of a third party app, textnow, that uses ads. There isn't anything proving fake messages or anything like that

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Chase Owens

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Mance Warner

https://twitter.com/gummysalamander/status/1274028141342851072

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

if a woman actually involved in the business tells you your list isn’t that great of an idea and you immediately view it as a threat you may want to rethink what you’re doing here

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

WatermelonGun posted:

if a woman actually involved in the business tells you your list isn’t that great of an idea and you immediately view it as a threat you may want to rethink what you’re doing here

The women leading the movement are already keeping a list of all these as well

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

WatermelonGun posted:

Also, maybe change your Twitter name to something that’s not Derričre Provocateur

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Shots fired

https://twitter.com/TheBigVitoBrand/status/1273999346300850179

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cavauro posted:

Thanks to DrVenkman and @CommieGarfield on twitter we can summarize that riddle's wife did text the victim asking for messages Matt had sent her. the woman tweeted this as a screenshot but forgot to block out the phone number, so deleted that and reuploaded it with the number partially obscured. the reason there is a weird 'remove ads' button in the original image is not because of a fake image creator but because of a third party app, textnow, that uses ads. There isn't anything proving fake messages or anything like that

Yeah just to clarify this a bit...

The claim being made here is that this screenshot:
https://twitter.com/EliteArtistGFX1/status/1274015554437816328

...was in Candy's tweet originally, which she then deleted and posted this instead:
https://twitter.com/CandyCartwright/status/1274012311859183616

...cropping out both the number, and the Remove Ads button. This appears to be true, but the app she's using is just a free messaging app like WhatsApp or countless others. It's not a fake SMS creator. She cropped it to remove the phone number, not hide some evidence of faking she accidentally revealed.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
I'm starting to think the person who's constantly talking about being horny may have some problems with women

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Hopkins FBI posted:

I'm starting to think the person who's constantly talking about being horny may have some problems with women

e: it’s ok to be sex positive and horny but it has definitely veered into gross territory on this forum and everyone should be looking at their own behaviour in terms of how they may be contributing to a toxic culture or normalizing bad behaviour.

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 19, 2020

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Jesus. After how he responded to the gross fan after his match with Allie Kat I thought there was no way he was going to end up being one of them.

I'm taking Cavauro's advice and logging off for a bit.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Thank you for explaining all of that well instead of poorly and incompletely

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Aphrodite posted:

This appears to be true, but the app she's using is just a free messaging app like WhatsApp or countless others. It's not a fake SMS creator. She cropped it to remove the phone number, not hide some evidence of faking she accidentally revealed.

Someone posted a screenshot of a paid messaging app in the app store that looks a lot like her screenshots, too:

https://twitter.com/kerigarner_/status/1274026857386651648?s=20

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

reminder that being ironically horny still enables really creepy weird horny people.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Jordan7hm posted:

That said, just a quick google about this turns up an absolutely gross thread that shouldn’t be the basis of whether or not this accusation “passes muster”.
Assuming we came upon the same threads, 1000% this.

Our very own Social Media thread discussed this moderately less grossly back in 2017 thanks to a r*v*rt sc**p, for what it's worth. This is another thing I grapple with, in terms of "the details of this story don't line up" != "the story is baseless", like details are important! But in all of these causes it's someone who experienced trauma retelling stories from years or decades ago.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ed oops, didn't read it all

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jun 19, 2020

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the thing about just making a list of names is you just get this onslaught of names and then there are people who are accused of being serial rapists next to people whose allegations appear to be like, inappropriate DM sliding with adults. and then just the quantity of people becomes overwhelming and people cant keep up with the degree of severity and it makes it easier for the really bad actors to minimize their behavior

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Promoter Harvey Dale

https://twitter.com/princess_leia21/status/1274032938867294209
https://twitter.com/Ref_Anderson/status/1274034962207997954

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

Chris James 2 posted:

Completely unsurprised that girl's a Biden stan, she's used to defending predators

I'm pretty sure the Biden Stan is standing up for the woman, not Riddle. As much as I would love to mock her

E: also, it's a bitter pill to swallow that Cornette of all people got blasted for saying Roberts looked like a pedophile not even a year ago

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/JSavageTweets/status/1274019999238230018

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah just to clarify this a bit...

The claim being made here is that this screenshot:
https://twitter.com/EliteArtistGFX1/status/1274015554437816328

...was in Candy's tweet originally, which she then deleted and posted this instead:
https://twitter.com/CandyCartwright/status/1274012311859183616

...cropping out both the number, and the Remove Ads button. This appears to be true, but the app she's using is just a free messaging app like WhatsApp or countless others. It's not a fake SMS creator. She cropped it to remove the phone number, not hide some evidence of faking she accidentally revealed.

Thanks for clearing that up! What the gently caress is wrong with people?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

the thing about just making a list of names is you just get this onslaught of names and then there are people who are accused of being serial rapists next to people whose allegations appear to be like, inappropriate DM sliding with adults. and then just the quantity of people becomes overwhelming and people cant keep up with the degree of severity and it makes it easier for the really bad actors to minimize their behavior

Absolutely.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JamesDrake_GYT/status/1274018597912875010

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Super No Vacancy posted:

Yeah, it seems a bit unfair on guys like Mance Warner whose offences seem to be "Was lewd unprovoked, has boundary issues, tried to pick up Twitter follower" when you lump them in with Actual Scumbags who should be behind bars like Riddle seems to be. It's already tough enough to focus on the most serious cases when there's so many names out there.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Red posted:

I forgot about that. Did Stroud write for xwrestling? I don't think Stroud used the X-E forums.

He did, at least early on. He was Swan/Swandive.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

History Comes Inside! posted:

Thanks for clearing that up! What the gently caress is wrong with people?

rapists defend their own

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

flatluigi posted:

rapists defend their own

Also people don't wanna admit that they support scumbags

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/SierraLoxton/status/1274038654768422913

cams
Mar 28, 2003

please do not fall into lazy shittiness of going "this person has political views i don't like, they must be a rapist or support rapists". it is gross and it happens all the time.

also, despite being a law abiding, well behaved, respectable pervert, i will put a pause on hornyposting. i enjoy blatant hornyposting and seeing others hornypost, but it sounds like it bugs people so i can take a break.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Wasn't Maff in a sexual predator scandal previously? Something about Homicide's cousin or whatever, like, that's how he ended up out of ROH for years and years?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

blast0rama posted:

Wasn't Maff in a sexual predator scandal previously? Something about Homicide's cousin or whatever, like, that's how he ended up out of ROH for years and years?
I don't think there were any specific details made in that and I think people eventually wrote it off because the public information was essentially "Homicide was very angry at Maff for something that involved one of Homicide's family members, then eventually Homicide and Maff made peace, so... ????"

Which is obviously murky and may end up being something worth condemning Homicide for rather than seeing it as an exoneration of Maff. Honestly in either scenario (Homicide eventually dropping his grudge against a sexual predator, or Homicide doing his best to blackball a dude for over a decade over something non-heinous, or maybe something in between)

I also may have missed more specific allegations re: Maff (not rumors, I saw a million of those), so please share those if I'm misrepresenting the issue.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jun 19, 2020

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Super No Vacancy posted:

Yeah I’m thinking of scrapping the project all together. I’m clearly not qualified to maintain or participate like I’d originally imagined.

Also Mancer apologizes

https://twitter.com/mancewarner/status/1274040083981774850?s=21

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/WrestlingGary/status/1274039925873299456?s=20

Deafboy
Dec 5, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I’m so fuckin’ disgusted by male sexuality, sometimes.
It’s hard to stay positive when it seems like every third guy is a sex pest / rapist / pedophile.

I grew up with a friendly “uncle” Bernie, a friend of my moms who had four kids that I just loved. Spent tons of time at their place, so many good childhood memories. Swimming in the river, playing nintendo, sleepovers, a litter of puppies. Well, Bernie used to always love to wrestle and tickle me when I would go over. No big deal, Ahaha it was just innocent fun with uncle Bernie!
Years later, when I was 20, I went to work for him for a couple days and it as it turns out, he wanted to gently caress me.
He was offering to suck my dick, grabbing at my rear end and poo poo. I had no idea how to react, and just froze up, because I saw him as a
trusted family friend, the dad of my good friends, someone I looked up to even.

Then I remember back to the wrestling when I was little and how he would always ‘tickle’ my groin (ie. grab at my dick), and grind his gross stubbly, cheap cologne face into my neck and collarbone. How he would get us “as a joke” to hang our bare asses out the truck window and moon people, or how once he payed his son and I 5 bucks to run around the block naked

I really, really wish I had beat his fuckin’ face in. I wish I knew how THAT felt instead of just feeling confused and upset.

Anyways, I told my mom and she went in and flipped out on him and his family disowned him. I haven’t talked to his kids in years, there is still a lot of love there, I just feel really awkward and disturbed about it.

I know my story i relatively minor but it always stuck with me, and made me feel weak, embarassed, and made me hate myself. I hate sex pests with a passion, shine a light on every one of these fuckin creeps and then stomp the gently caress out of them

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The hornyposting has gotten really gross and out of control in the past few months, and clearly isn't as ironic as people want to claim it is. We've had multiple people admit that it's made them uncomfortable and not want to post in certain threads anymore.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Deafboy posted:

I know my story i relatively minor but it always stuck with me, and made me feel weak, embarassed, and made me hate myself. I hate sex pests with a passion, shine a light on every one of these fuckin creeps and then stomp the gently caress out of them

Doesn't sound minor at all! Sorry to hear

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Benne posted:

The hornyposting has gotten really gross and out of control in the past few months, and clearly isn't as ironic as people want to claim it is. We've had multiple people admit that it's made them uncomfortable and not want to post in certain threads anymore.

i barely want to post in this sub anymore. poo poo sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

I agree completely