Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Blaze Dragon posted:

A lot of Adventure: expects you to have watched Adventure already. The opening shows the entirety of Agumon's line, we saw Omegamon as early as episode 2, Hikari and Tailmon are in the opening. It's clear that the series is meant to be watched by us who already watched Adventure so there's no point in hiding what you know will happen.

And as is the current fashion for all major anime/VG IP reboots, we'll discover that Adventure 2020 is really a time loop and Hikari being the deus ex machina character will recover memories from the previous iteration to win the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nodosaur posted:

I like how MarineKimeramon continues the tradition of Kimeramon having a useless part from a Perfect-Level Digimon in having Zudomon's tail, just like MetalGreymon's hair.

MetalGreymon's hair was the most important part, that's why Ken said it last with a crapton of gravitas as the series made this point absolutely clear. I'm sure it's the same situation here and Zudomon's tail will make all the difference.

AlternateNu posted:

And as is the current fashion for all major anime/VG IP reboots, we'll discover that Adventure 2020 is really a time loop and Hikari being the deus ex machina character will recover memories from the previous iteration to win the day.

Well, we know the Digimon were involved in an ancient war thanks to character profiles, and people have already imagined this ancient war was really the events of Adventure and for some reason everything got rebooted...again, but this time with the humans involved.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Well, we know the Digimon were involved in an ancient war thanks to character profiles, and people have already imagined this ancient war was really the events of Adventure and for some reason everything got rebooted...again, but this time with the humans involved.

I know that's not really the implication, but "the ancient war of...20 years ago!" made me :lol:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

AlternateNu posted:

I know that's not really the implication, but "the ancient war of...20 years ago!" made me :lol:

hey they can bring back the 'time goes way faster in the digital world than in real life' bit :v:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
as clock speeds increase, time dilates

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

If Adventure: turns out to be an in-universe reboot of the old continuity, I'm gonna stop watching it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If the reboot sticks, I'll laugh my head off. That's one way to get past season 2's epilogue I suppose

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Burkion posted:

If the reboot sticks, I'll laugh my head off. That's one way to get past season 2's epilogue I suppose
:yeah:

I mean, I don't think that's what's happening, but it'd be absolutely hilarious from a meta perspective. Adventure: coming into existence so Tri and Last Evolution don't.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's your ships, Sora, something's gotta be done about your ships!!!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

PMush Perfect posted:

:yeah:

I mean, I don't think that's what's happening, but it'd be absolutely hilarious from a meta perspective. Adventure: coming into existence so Tri and Last Evolution don't.

I’d be just fine with all of 02 being retconned. Preferably into a good story.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

They're releasing some extra info for the new Pendulum Z, and Wikimon's thankfully translating it.

https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1270864921010593792
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1270864925037133829
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1270864927507521542
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1270864931097804802

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Blaze Dragon posted:

Sunalizamon would be correct if we weren't dealing with a franchise that's been consistently terrible at romanizing names. This is, however, exactly that kind of franchise, and the official romanization is Sunarizamon - even though both Digimon that had "-lizamon" in their name before had it properly romanized. Digimon romanizations are neither good nor consistent!

On that note, Sunarizamon, Gogmamon and Baboongamon were all added to the Digimon Reference Book. Wikimon already has the first one translated:

Also people have been working hard on deciphering MarineChimeramon, and apparently it follows the same pattern as the original Chimeramon: 8 Adults, 2 Perfects.
https://twitter.com/Digielegidos/status/1269814903621193729

Ikkakumon's head, Coelamon's helmet, Whamon's shell, Rukamon's fins, Octomon's horns, Gesomon's tentacles, Ebidramon's left arm, Hangyomon's right arm, Seadramon's body and Zudomon's tail (though this one changes a lot, going from what seems to be fur in Zudomon to a much more menacing tentacle-like form here)

so when do we get marinemelleniummon?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Elfgames posted:

so when do we get marinemelleniummon?

We need MarineMugendramon first and I'm not even sure what that would be made out of. Metal and GigaSeadramon are obvious but aftewards I'm not sure what water mecha Digimon it could use.

Also hey, another Terriermon Assistant story!
https://twitter.com/digimonweb_net/status/1270917561794748417
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1270951217842327552

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Give me MarineOmegamon and MetalOmegamon

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

We need a game starring Agumon-hakase and Terriermon Assistant. You play as a daring young assistant, assigned to do all these outlandish research tasks by your boss. What’s that, Professor? Capture a Millenniumon in a glass aquarium? Well golly gee willickers that sure is a task.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Profiles for the new Deep Savers.

quote:

Sangomon
A Mollusk Digimon that lives in the shallows of the Net Ocean. It often gets along with other species due to the fact that it has a gentle disposition and is cheerful. It uses the backs of Shellmon as a resting place, and Ganimon have been witnessed trimming the coral protruding from its head.

When attacked by intruders, it spreads a lachrymatory poisonous mist from its coral and escapes (Refuge Mist), and fights back with its "Coral Pressure", which releases high-pressure water from the ends of its arms, as it is escaping.

quote:

MarineChimairamon
A Composite Digimon that was created by putting together the parts of various Aquatic Digimon. It is thought to have been produced using the same technology as Chimairamon, but other than that, it is a complete mystery. It appears out of nowhere like a gust of wind, bringing devastation to ecosystems with its terrifying destructive impulses, and then disappears somewhere else.

Its Special Moves are generating a large whirlpool by rapidly spinning its whole body (Poseidon Vortex), and vaporizing its surroundings with a large amount of energy released from the tip of its horn (Aqua Viper).

quote:

Tobiumon
An Aquatic Digimon that corners its targeted prey at high speed. Its oddly developed fins allow it to fly, and its large arms enable it to move on the ground. It holds the alias of "Hunter Fish" due to the fact that it brings down its targets regardless of whether they are on land, in the sea, or in the air.

After it slows down the movements of its prey with its "Suckerfish Darts", organic missiles fired from its abdomen, it finishes them off with its "Flying Finish", where it unleashes a high-speed slash attack with its sharp fins.

quote:

Gusokumon
A Crustacean Digimon that lurks at the bottom of the ocean to the point where light does not reach. It is also known as a long-lived Digimon capable of long-term biological activity using a small amount of energy. It turns weak, injured Digimon that occasionally sink to the bottom of the ocean into its prey. It barely ever moves on its own accord.

In addition to fighting back against intruders with the sharp "Brunt Claws" on its forelimbs as they draw near, when facing a large number of enemies, it defends itself by firing countless "Colony Torpedoes", small fish-shaped biological weapons, from its back. Although the underwater speed of these biological weapons is slow, they have a nature similar to mines in that they trigger a huge explosion on contact.

quote:

Piranimon
A ferocious Digimon that acts in large schools. The exoskeleton covering its head amplifies the power of its jaws so that it can reliably bring down the enemy with its sharp fangs. That power is said to be equivalent to the force of a Mammon trampling with its feet.

After it drags its target underwater using its "Cruel Invite", where it impales them with its caudal fin, which is sharpened like a fish hook, it punctures the body of its prey with "Calamity Vise", in which it rapidly oscillates as it gnaws through them, killing them. Since it attacks a single Digimon in schools, not a scrap of data is left behind after being assaulted by Piranimon.

quote:

Regalecusmon
A pirate, it is also the ruler of the deep sea that stands at the apex of the food chain due to its overwhelming power. Its sword, made after tearing off a Zudomon's horn, and the giant pincer on its left arm, are symbols of awe which strike fear into those who see them.

Its Special Moves are piercing the enemy using the sword in its right hand along with a flash of lightning (Briona Strike), and blowing away everything around it, including seawater, with plasma discharged from its pincer (Reactor Discharge).

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Nodosaur posted:

We need a game starring Agumon-hakase and Terriermon Assistant. You play as a daring young assistant, assigned to do all these outlandish research tasks by your boss. What’s that, Professor? Capture a Millenniumon in a glass aquarium? Well golly gee willickers that sure is a task.
Isn't that the plot of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

Isn't that the plot of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon?

This would be less a Roguelike and more an interactive adventure

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Apart from the new profiles, we have a surprising amount of new Digimon stuff today. To start with, we have ads for the new gacha which will no doubt suck rear end, but you know, at least the opening is cool.
https://twitter.com/Digi_Channel/status/1272492860735021056
https://twitter.com/Digi_Channel/status/1272492697811480576

Other than that, we have a new investigation segment, this time obviously for Deep Savers, and next week will have Nightmare Soldiers probably (the rest is on the thread).
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1272476505294192645

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Is the new gacha the China-only one?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I want to buy the new digimon pendulum... I know I'll never use it but I want it...

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

Apart from the new profiles, we have a surprising amount of new Digimon stuff today. To start with, we have ads for the new gacha which will no doubt suck rear end, but you know, at least the opening is cool.
Guess the Toei money vault needs refilling.

The moment of “wait, is that Dianamon? It is!” while watching the trailer was cool, though.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Leraika posted:

Is the new gacha the China-only one?

Yeah, New Century, although considering it got dubbed into Japanese I doubt it will be China-only, just made for China first and foremost.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

PMush Perfect posted:

Guess the Toei money vault needs refilling.

The moment of “wait, is that Dianamon? It is!” while watching the trailer was cool, though.

Honestly I was more impressed that they dug out JetSilphymon out for that, I think that's basically the first time they've ever used her for something outside of the card games

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I could never go back and play it again (I've tried), but I really do have a lot of nostalgia for Dawn/Dusk.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

I could never go back and play it again (I've tried), but I really do have a lot of nostalgia for Dawn/Dusk.

Yeah as much love as I've given the DS Story games for their Sprite work, I'd probably never try and play them again

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The entire Lunamon line is really good, even if it does fall into the usual "Mega is just a sexy lady in a costume" trap. Lunamon itself has excellent classic "cute Child" energy without going overboard, and Lekismon and Crescemon are some of my favorite designs ever. They're just the right level of complex without being too visually busy.

Edit: Even if it Lekismon feels more like a Perfect and Crescemon feels more like a Mega, giving this impression that there's another Adult wedged between that got dropped at some point.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jun 15, 2020

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

The entire Lunamon line is really good, even if it does fall into the usual "Mega is just a sexy lady in a costume" trap. Lunamon itself has excellent classic "cute Child" energy without going overboard, and Lekismon and Crescemon are some of my favorite designs ever. They're just the right level of complex without being too visually busy.

I dunno I'd say Dianamon is more than that, for one thing she's completely covered, so you actually have no idea how human underneath she'd actually look, to me she falls under the same category as guys like Omegamon where they're humanoid in body shape, but not necessarily actually human looking

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

I dunno I'd say Dianamon is more than that, for one thing she's completely covered, so you actually have no idea how human underneath she'd actually look, to me she falls under the same category as guys like Omegamon where they're humanoid in body shape, but not necessarily actually human looking
She does have the Madonna bra.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fittingly enough, considering the current topic,
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1272218065908969474

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

She does have the Madonna bra.

This is Digimon, we’re talking about. Those could easily be organic missiles.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Geostomp posted:

This is Digimon, we’re talking about. Those could easily be organic missiles.

Let's be super real here

It could be both organic missiles and tits. I'm pretty sure the revolver guy's barrel is also his penis

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It appears to be confirmed that Digimon will resume on the 28th:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...9-delay/.160814

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:toot:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1273491013965959168?s=20

It looks freaky as heck. I love it.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The new Digimon designs recently have been killing it

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Seeing how it's a ReArise Digimon, it's likely it's following HeavyLeomon's steps and serves as a Mega for one of the protagonists - in this case, Mitamamon is almost definitely a new Mega for Kudamon.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
And thank goodness for that; I never liked how the line drawn from Japanese mythology ended in a viking centaur.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Where is digimon survive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

Seeing how it's a ReArise Digimon, it's likely it's following HeavyLeomon's steps and serves as a Mega for one of the protagonists - in this case, Mitamamon is almost definitely a new Mega for Kudamon.

Have they come up with a Mega for the Salamon?