Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I beat Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen. The game is fun but the plot is stupid, nothing is followed up on and the west side of the map is a tease. I still want to do the DLC isle but I don't know about doing another full playthrough or anything like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

I was looking through some William Blake paintings today. Man, was he inspired.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I am now 80 hours into Persona 5 Royal, and I’m only about halfway done. This is 3 years after I put 120 hours into beating the original. I saw a meme calling it anime crack and I don’t think I’ve seen a more accurate description of a game.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

I beat Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen. The game is fun but the plot is stupid, nothing is followed up on and the west side of the map is a tease. I still want to do the DLC isle but I don't know about doing another full playthrough or anything like that.

if you NG+ you can instantly go to bitterblack and have fun farming dragons and literal death

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I started playing a modded Baldur's Gate 2 again. It may be the oldest game that I have played the most of. I go back to this thing like every 2 years

I remember when Blood and Wine came out I was in the middle of a playthrough and had to put it off for like 2 months while I finished.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I'm real tired y'all. Which game should I sink all my next two days into? The FF7 remake or Nier?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

nier :)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

NierNunb

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That's tough. I like Nier better but uh, Nier probably isn't a great game if you're feeling real emotionally fragile or anything. FF7 is also really good and like, it's FF7 so I assume you generally know what you're getting from the story.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I've never played either, and I don't know what Nier is

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Gumball Gumption posted:

That's tough. I like Nier better but uh, Nier probably isn't a great game if you're feeling real emotionally fragile or anything. FF7 is also really good and like, it's FF7 so I assume you generally know what you're getting from the story.

This. I love them both, but NieR is capital A Lot.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

nier

far

wherever you areeeee

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Nier it is then. I got to the robot town and was really into it at that point so it's not a hard sell. Thanks everyone!

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Nier it is then. I got to the robot town and was really into it at that point so it's not a hard sell. Thanks everyone!

One day someone's gonna get Nier due to feedback like on this page and it's gonna be real funny.

NienNunb posted:

NieR:Automata is a sort-of sequel to Nier (Officially named Nier Gestalt or Nier Replicant, depending on which territory you're in, but it's 1 game), which is in itself a spinoff/sequel to a specific ending in one of the Drakengard series of games.

NieR:Automata is a very good game, the gameplay itself is odd and some would say mediocre (some would also say bad, but they're wrong), but everything else is really good.

All those games are made by this dude:

Platinum Games helped out with Automata bringing the gameplay to a level at which the general public was willing to engage with his weird creations, compared to his previous games.

It is Giantbomb's third GOTY in 2017 after pubg (lmao) and Zelda:Breath of the Wild.

Brut fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 23, 2020

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ps3 nier is a wonderful game that plays like poo poo and i really love it

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

NienNunb posted:

You know how every story involving androids circles back to that question of "are they really human and do we have to feel bad about killing them?" Imagine if a story actually engaged with that question in a novel, interesting way.

Also it has the best easy mode because you can automate the parts of combat you have trouble with and focus on the parts you're good at if you just want to get through the battles or do the opposite if you want to practice.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Is anyone else playing last of us? Anyone else feeling psychotic because I don't feel bad for killing any of the people who killed Joel, like at all? not even the pregnant lady? I mean they're not remotely real people and they don't really have much in the way of characters, also they're terrible. Not to say Joel wasn't terrible but I would have saved Ellie too gently caress the fireflies and their cure that was probably bullshit.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I know I don’t post often enough, or usually at all, but I feel it’s particularly important to mention that our last batch of foster kittens have all been fixed and placed with their forever homes! Cassidy and Dalton are even going together! It’s basically the very best outcome I could possibly have hoped for and I just know those sweet little jerks are finally getting properly spoiled like they deserve to be

I found this out as my mom was opening the kitten carrier and introducing our new foster kittens: five of them, at least four of which are likely girls, all of which are shy and in need of socializing :3:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thank you for the update on the cats. Just because you're satan's onion does not mean you yourself are a bad onion.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
As a teacher, I get this feeling all the time in summer that I’m not doing enough.

Like I get two months off or whatever, and I feel like I should be, idk, making my house a paradise, getting into amazing shape, finishing every game I own, sorting all the probably millions of bits of plastics I have, and watching every spare bit of media.

I actually am doing my side-hustle, and also working on a book for an agent (he suggested edits, but there’s no contract) and also doing other hobbies. But I get these hard flashes of completely failing the day.

It is difficult to just let a day go by and a.) not accomplish much and b.) accomplish something but not everything.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
oh I thought Nier: Automata was the game everyone was going on and on about. I didn't like the actual gameplay but the setting and the story was intensely cool. I'd watch a playthrough of it if that was something I did.

I vaguely remember Nier with the moody guy you wander through the ruins as. I should check that out if they made a ps4 remake. But I'm gonna play STO until it crashes because the devs have quit or whatever drama I'm ignoring. Then the Gundam Battle Operation game which has the slowest grind I've ever experienced.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

coconono posted:

oh I thought Nier: Automata was the game everyone was going on and on about.

It is. The first part of my post above was meant to clarify that (as far as I can tell) all the posters above it talking about "Nier" actually meant Nier:Automata, since nobody referred to it by it's actual name.

coconono posted:

I didn't like the actual gameplay but the setting and the story was intensely cool. I'd watch a playthrough of it if that was something I did.

I vaguely remember Nier with the moody guy you wander through the ruins as. I should check that out if they made a ps4 remake. But I'm gonna play STO until it crashes because the devs have quit or whatever drama I'm ignoring. Then the Gundam Battle Operation game which has the slowest grind I've ever experienced.

I never actually played the original Nier (Gestalt/Replicant), I've heard some people say they actually enjoyed it but it's pretty few and far between, mostly people say the story was good but doesn't justify the long hour count and bad gameplay.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Thank you all for telling me what Nier is. I looked at it. It doesn't seem like a game I'd be interested in because it doesn't feature cowboys but I'm happy you all liked it. I'm happy yeaok likes Yakuza, again even though I don't. I'm very hard to please

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I just wish someone would make me a new Def Jam. Please. You don't even have to put Carmen Electra in it, just let me have L'il Kim irish whipping Henry Rollins into an oncoming subway train. Please.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm going to try to make it.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

coconono posted:

oh I thought Nier: Automata was the game everyone was going on and on about. I didn't like the actual gameplay but the setting and the story was intensely cool. I'd watch a playthrough of it if that was something I did.

Honestly GBO 2 actually has a pretty decent grind by free to play game standards, especially once you reach the rank you can join a clan as that massively raises your income if your clan is reasonably active

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Remember that part in Watchmen where the original silk specter hated and yet was also in love with her rapist? That part that was written by a man? Hasn't that aged well.

This has been your evening thoughts with Shard.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i remember the part in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen where Mr. Hyde rapes The Invisible Man to death. Mr. Hyde was meant to be the good guy in that scenario. that was crazy.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cavauro posted:

i'm going to try to make it.

Thank you Cav I will do mocap for you

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it will be later on when i try to make it.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
can you add the character The Invisible Man to Def Jam. i feel that an entirely invisible character would add a lot to a fighting game

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what if i made... the invisible game.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
Russel Simmons' Def Invisible Jam

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I am Bart Simpson, writing "I will not engage in Alan Moore discourse" thirty times on a chalkboard

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly GBO 2 actually has a pretty decent grind by free to play game standards, especially once you reach the rank you can join a clan as that massively raises your income if your clan is reasonably active

I guess I'm used to STO where you turn in a mission and level up. I think I spend way too much time in the GBO menus tho.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

Heyyooo our site is run by a serial abuser

if you monetarily support his patreon or whatever please pull all your poo poo. if the lights go off so be it and it was an honor to shitpost with all of you for a decade

sorry if this ruins the placidity of the chat thread but i figured people should know

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I can't believe I've been here for 17 years, but it's been a wild ride

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

A comically terrible little ghoul that we've all confirmed given money to.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
yeah even if the website doesn’t get shut down i’m not posting here anymore. pm me your email or some poo poo if you want to keep in touch i’m not on any social media or anything unless grindr counts as that but even then i don’t want to talk to former goon pals on there.

if we ever got into an argument on here i want you to know i meant every word i ever said and i hope all your cucumbers are bitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

yeah even if the website doesn’t get shut down i’m not posting here anymore. pm me your email or some poo poo if you want to keep in touch i’m not on any social media or anything unless grindr counts as that but even then i don’t want to talk to former goon pals on there.

if we ever got into an argument on here i want you to know i meant every word i ever said and i hope all your cucumbers are bitter.

I love you, The Water Melon Gun. Take care friend