Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

I would celebrate Payton Manning and Brad Paisley so I would never have to see another one of those of those nationwide commercials ever again.

gently caress yes postin’ bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I'm in Phoenix and have to admit I'm slightly tempted to check out the Trump rally today because I'm morbidly drawn to the circus-train-that-crashed-into-landfill-built-on-a-haunted-Indian-burial-ground-and-bursts-into-flames aspect of it. And you know after the failure in Tulsa, he's going to be extra worked up.

Then I realize I loving hate him and his supporters, I'd be one of the few wearing masks there and would likely be lynched for it or at least get the Roni, so I probably shouldn't.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Guy Axlerod posted:

Who's the nearly vertical line about 5 below Germany?

Polio Vax Scene posted:

who the gently caress is making these graphs theyre so bad aaaaaugh
which part do you need explained?

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

sticksy posted:

I'm in Phoenix and have to admit I'm slightly tempted to check out the Trump rally today because I'm morbidly drawn to the circus-train-that-crashed-into-landfill-built-on-a-haunted-Indian-burial-ground-and-bursts-into-flames aspect of it. And you know after the failure in Tulsa, he's going to be extra worked up.

Then I realize I loving hate him and his supporters, I'd be one of the few wearing masks there and would likely be lynched for it or at least get the Roni, so I probably shouldn't.

Yeah man I wouldn't go to a facist rally even if there wasn't a plague that spreads in crowded places on.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

New US motto: Better than Qatar, for now

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Polio Vax Scene posted:

who the gently caress is making these graphs theyre so bad aaaaaugh

Those are like the only consistently good plots that ever get posted in this thread

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Mithaldu posted:

which part do you need explained?

Explain the purpose of the unlabeled gray lines in the background

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

feelix posted:

They're all country lines. It's a screenshot of an interactive graph on FT's website, where you can choose and highlight up to six countries permanently, and mouse over the lines to see which countries they are.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

New US motto: Better than Qatar, for now

But... we don’t get the World Cup, so points to Qatar, I guess

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Cacafuego posted:

But... we don’t get the World Cup, so points to Qatar, I guess

We're hosting the one literally after that (along with Mexico and Canada)

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

actually, live sports are done forever

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
sadly the good ol' roni will never kill any mainstream celeb who isn't 75+ years old because unlike the dirty proles they can afford to get tested early and often, and can afford round the clock monitoring and private medical staff. maybe if it gets Arnie or Will Smith people will notice? hell, probably not even Arnie, because by insane USA standards he's a pinko commie

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

feelix posted:

Just huge fans of this guy.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Million Ghosts posted:

sadly the good ol' roni will never kill any mainstream celeb who isn't 75+ years old because unlike the dirty proles they can afford to get tested early and often, and can afford round the clock monitoring and private medical staff. maybe if it gets Arnie or Will Smith people will notice? hell, probably not even Arnie, because by insane USA standards he's a pinko commie

political turbofuckedness in america is in large part about masculinity and white supremacist attempts to reclaim it

arnie was for a few decades there the unquestioned avatar of masculinity in america

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Arnie is legit a good guy. Please don't wish death on him :(

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

bob dobbs is dead posted:

political turbofuckedness in america is in large part about masculinity and white supremacist attempts to reclaim it

arnie was for a few decades there the unquestioned avatar of masculinity in america

Pretty sure he firmly demonstrated he's not on their side and they got really mad

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

feelix posted:

Pretty sure he firmly demonstrated he's not on their side and they got really mad

they got mad because he is unquestionably masculine by any and every external standard yeah

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
If he's so masculine, why did he look so good in those tiny shorts?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Nurge posted:

Arnie is legit a good guy. Please don't wish death on him :(

oh i'd be pretty fuckin' gutted if he died, i watch his movies all the time, and i know he was a drat good (Republican) governor, just saying it'd take at least one celeb death of that level to maybe wake the chuds up some.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

To be fair, that's also the global death rate.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Million Ghosts posted:

oh i'd be pretty fuckin' gutted if he died, i watch his movies all the time, and i know he was a drat good (Republican) governor, just saying it'd take at least one celeb death of that level to maybe wake the chuds up some.

Also because https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMydOvlqcck

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

poverty goat posted:

actually, live sports are done forever

MLB is so hosed. Their turning down playing in empty stadiums bc of salaries lol

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Burt Sexual posted:

MLB is so hosed. Their turning down playing in empty stadiums bc of salaries lol

They gonna play https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-players-agree-to-report-for-60-game-2020-season-opening-day-to-be-set-for-july-24/

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Lol just got an email about my cruise credit. They’re extending it bc they aren’t sailing for another 9 months. Wife is fully onboard getting a refund now. Thank god.

E royal Caribbean

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lol that happened just now.

And it’s owner imposed. Wonder how many show up?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Burt Sexual posted:

Lol that happened just now.

And it’s owner imposed. Wonder how many show up?
The vast majority will play, because it's under an agreement signed between the league and the PA in March

There could be players who don't play due to health issues but it's too early to say who those will be

Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004

Drove down by some lakes and rivers outside of Austin this weekend and there were hundreds of people gathering with no masks to float the river and to party. :stare:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
30 games in. Team A is definitely out of the playoff hunt. All team A's player are injured all of a sudden. Repeat.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I got a $100m contract and have $50m in the bank. I’m gonna die to play baseball? Never gently caress my wife and sides, and see my kids? Ow my knee

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Aragosta posted:

Sitting outside an urgent care in this Arizona heat waiting for a Covid test sucks.

I just found out from another manager that he tested negative. Then he told me that there has been multiple positives from staff at the resort, but we are not supposed to talk about it and HR isn't telling anyone. This seems really hosed up to me and I feel puts the resort in a very libel position. Though I suppose you'd have to be able to prove you got it there.

Luckily I'm the IT Manager, so 90% of the time I literally lock myself in my office.

Anyway, I'm done with this company, going to put in notice as soon as I hear I'm negative. gently caress them, let their systems burn.

Edit: Temp was 99.4, but was waiting in AZ heat for 20-30 minutes, nurse mentioned this. They do an oral swab of the tonsils here I guess. Now it's just a waiting game...

I guess this is why businesses are hanging out for the Senate to remove any liability businesses have for their workers catching covid due to lovely workplace health and safety standards.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

Lol just got an email about my cruise credit. They’re extending it bc they aren’t sailing for another 9 months. Wife is fully onboard getting a refund now. Thank god.

E royal Caribbean

Wait you didnt take the refund until now???

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Burt Sexual posted:

I got a $100m contract and have $50m in the bank. I’m gonna die to play baseball? Never gently caress my wife and sides, and see my kids? Ow my knee

The Dodgers were openly ordering their players to fake injuries in order to game the roster size limit, so they know a whole lot about what types of soft-tissue damage are easy to fake.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Nurge posted:

Arnie is legit a good guy.

His former family might not agree with that sentiment.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Barudak posted:

Wait you didnt take the refund until now???

They aren’t offering it. Never have. Wife calling this week. They just get to sit on my $7k

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Burt Sexual posted:

They aren’t offering it. Never have. Wife calling this week. They just get to sit on my $7k

Probably way late to the party on this but a cruise alone costs $7k??? For two??

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

Probably way late to the party on this but a cruise alone costs $7k??? For two??

Royal Carib cruises are fairly expensive, but the ship is a lot nicer than stuff like Carnival or Disney. Also, if you do a lot of the excursions, then those can get pretty expensive

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

This was an ultra specialized cruise for leopard print lovers ONLY. Gotta pay a premium for that.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

For four, iirc.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Royal Carib cruises are fairly expensive, but the ship is a lot nicer than stuff like Carnival or Disney. Also, if you do a lot of the excursions, then those can get pretty expensive

The choice of destination and, of course, length also play a big role. Royal Caribbean ships are very nice. Its like a nice hotel vs Carnival who is the Super 8 of the sea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

MLB should take a page out of NASCAR's book and stream players/coaches trying to slog through various MLB licensed video games. Preferably the really buggy ones like The Show.