Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

always remember, 99% conviction rate. that really tells the whole story.

props to the goon caught growing weed on government land who refused to confess so instead of years in japanese prison got deported and told never to come back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

always remember, 99% conviction rate. that really tells the whole story.

It's a 99% conviction rate too because they drop any case they think they any chance of losing. A lot of missing persons cases are just re classed as runaways and found murder victims will be tagged as suicide body dumps and marked as cleared. This doesn't even touch the complete unwillingness to try sexual assault cases because why bother when you don't have a confession a jury might give you a loss and then your career as a prosecutor is over.

The time you learn Phoenix Wright isn't really a parody the Japanese justice system works almost exactly like that up to and including defense attorneys and their families getting openly harassed in their daily lives for protecting criminals.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jun 27, 2020

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Shuumatsu no Valkyrie / Record of Ragnarok became... very Baki in the newest chapter

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Jujutsulol did I ever misread those sisters. RIP to that sideplot I guess

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Fumino :ohdear:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This is her route, she will be fine.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't want the sad, please stop making Fumino sad

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Grouchio posted:

This is her route, she will be fine.

She is a delicate angel and I hate seeing her sad you monster.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

She is a delicate angel and I hate seeing her sad you monster.
Is what I would say if I was easily offended by every setback in life.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Grouchio, you don't even know how to google the answers to your homework so you post in D&D instead.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Grouchio, you don't even know how to google the answers to your homework so you post in D&D instead.
That was four years ago I wanted other points of view :zak:

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I'm getting sick of waiting for Kodansha to get Shaman King over here to the point where I might actually end up buying the JP release off BookWalker just to have it legit so I don't feel guilty reading scans. To be fair it's probably taking so long because they could be concerned over some of the problematic content and they're trying to figure out how to go about it.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Fumino is a snake and her arc has been spinning it's wheels for ages now.
The only saving grace this boring arc has is her going full yandere and murdering everyone in this timeline.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

fuminowns

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

also the "snake" thing is more than a little gross outside of the context of a presidential primary (and one could argue even within it)

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Zeether posted:

I'm getting sick of waiting for Kodansha to get Shaman King over here to the point where I might actually end up buying the JP release off BookWalker just to have it legit so I don't feel guilty reading scans. To be fair it's probably taking so long because they could be concerned over some of the problematic content and they're trying to figure out how to go about it.

Are they planning to do a retranslation as well? Because the original english ones were rife with localization changes.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

Are they planning to do a retranslation as well? Because the original english ones were rife with localization changes.
The Viz release wasn't the Kanzenban release so I'd hope they would, but there's been cases of them picking up license rescues and just flat out not bothering to retranslate because of presumably how costly it would be (Initial D for one thing, which is loving annoying because the newer volumes Tokyopop never got to have a proper translation so it goes from their poo poo to a better one)

Again though these are entirely new editions and I'd like to think they have the common sense to just do a new translation entirely, especially since there's a new anime coming and 4Kids isn't around to license it again

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Zeether posted:

If you're waiting for Kodansha to do it then you'll be waiting forever since they don't own the series thus it's not in their control. Gotta look at Shueisha for this one. Wiki says the Viz media license expired so that's probably why.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

doomrider7 posted:

If you're waiting for Kodansha to do it then you'll be waiting forever since they don't own the series thus it's not in their control. Gotta look at Shueisha for this one. Wiki says the Viz media license expired so that's probably why.

Kodansha aquired the rights to Shaman King like 3 years ago, they didn't renew international rights with Viz when those rights expired like a year or so ago.

Kodansha currently has the worldwide rights to SK.

It's why SK:Flowers was canceled and SK:The Super Star started up in one of the Shonen Magazine books.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-12-26/shaman-king-trademark-listed-under-kodansha/.125772

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

It's also why the Viz volumes are now being scalped for $200+ on every storefront.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Dexo posted:

Kodansha aquired the rights to Shaman King like 3 years ago, they didn't renew international rights with Viz when those rights expired like a year or so ago.

Kodansha currently has the worldwide rights to SK.

It's why SK:Flowers was canceled and SK:The Super Star started up in one of the Shonen Magazine books.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-12-26/shaman-king-trademark-listed-under-kodansha/.125772

Hadn't heard about that and I was wondering why Super Star was going on, but there was no word on Flowers(granted I don't keep up with SK). Really weird that it's owned by Kodansha now though.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Another week, another SHY. We meet our lizard foe once again but with the realization that they are incredibly stupid.
Also Shy's face while the medic taunts the enemy is good, lots of good faces this chapter.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Granted attempted homicide was an overreaction but Shy should still apologize for calling him girly.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

A new Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest is out.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm glad Burning Effect is being translated again because it's great.

My favorite part of the recent chapters is sword guy telling Xevolts he's going to hide in the shadows and show up when they need him and the other fight heads going 'drat, that's cool, I should have done that.'

Also, Burner in uniform. :hmmyes:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

burner looks like she fell out of the music video for welcome to the black parade

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Sindai posted:

I'm glad Burning Effect is being translated again because it's great.

My favorite part of the recent chapters is sword guy telling Xevolts he's going to hide in the shadows and show up when they need him and the other fight heads going 'drat, that's cool, I should have done that.'

Also, Burner in uniform. :hmmyes:
Hands down the best character in the revolution. It's not even a question. RIP to him because he has plot sickness

I'm also glad that the story seems to be picking up with this new arc because The battle against the gatekeepers was kind of dull despite having amazing moments like above.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

loving :lol: at Ghost Plagiarist desperately trying to make the MC not look like a massive shithead.

"No, see, he didn't spend a single yen from the millions or billions he got after an entire year of sales of White Knight. Clearly he's a good person suffering all this time from guilt. Oh, here's a winning combination for a lottery, so you can "gain" a ton of money you wouldn't feel bad spending"

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Mashle
Out loving skilled

Jujutsu Kaisen
...what?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Agravity Boys

I love that Chris and Saga's first meeting is literally a shojo romance story. He's even riding a horse, like your knight in shining armor. :allears:

Me & Roboco

This one's off to a fantastic start. I laughed at the gag where they subverted the bullying friends trope from Doraemon:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Motherfucker
Papa zenin did a eugenics. Hes that naruto eugenics meme but real

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
roboco's real good.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I was thinking that maybe people were exaggerating about the new cop manga by Beelzebub guy, but that was actually pretty yikes (particularly the part where they're portrayed as being in the right for confiscating the phone of someone filming them). It's one thing to just have police as protagonists, but that seemed to go out of its way to directly bring up a couple controversial topics and take the police's side in them.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
We Never Learn had a transition chapter, and I estimate about 2-3 chapters left in the Fumino arc. It'll be interesting to see if they'll move on to other girls once this arc is done, or if they'll call it a day.

(If they have a Sensei arc, I'm out.)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Pretty sure the explicit goal is Senpai then Sensei after Fumino.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Sensei is the one I'm looking forward to.

Can't wait.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

I've been having a hard time following Jujutsu Kaisen recently... can't remember who half these characters are or what they do.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Ytlaya posted:

I was thinking that maybe people were exaggerating about the new cop manga by Beelzebub guy, but that was actually pretty yikes (particularly the part where they're portrayed as being in the right for confiscating the phone of someone filming them). It's one thing to just have police as protagonists, but that seemed to go out of its way to directly bring up a couple controversial topics and take the police's side in them.

The start of the second chapter has the little kid learning hurting others is fun from the cops. :smith:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

roboco loving owns, that was probably the strongest start of any of the recent gag series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its a good thing they die so often and so quickly lol

(Lady on the roof tops was from Gojo's flashback. and apparently can heal people like Sukuna can? interesting)

+1 for roboco
Finally someone who CAN CRUSH TRUCK-KUN

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jul 5, 2020