Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelleSpud
Apr 1, 2010
From a memoir I'm reading:

Max Gergel - 'Excuse Me Sir, Would You Like to Buy a Kilo of Ispropyl Bromide' posted:

Albert was on a construction job with his father. He was a framing carpenter and while working in the roof of a building putting in rafters he methodically cut one board after another including several which were essential for holding up the roof—and fell two flights. This took care of his dating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

HelleSpud posted:

From a memoir I'm reading:

God, that one is a fun read

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
I found the Zillow listing for the front door toilet house. It sold for $670,000 in 2017 https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1422-Marshall-St-Oceanside-CA-92054/16584351_zpid/

It looks like they turned an old garage into an enormous bathroom, so less bad than expected, but not ideal.

Armacham fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jul 5, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Oceanside. That explains it.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Armacham posted:

I found the Zillow listing for the front door toilet house. It sold for $670,000 in 2017 https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1422-Marshall-St-Oceanside-CA-92054/16584351_zpid/

It looks like they turned an old garage into an enormous bathroom, so less bad than expected, but not ideal.

Home is where you can poo poo with your bathroom door open. Most people would expect that not to be a roll up garage door though.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

Home is where you can poo poo with your bathroom door open

thread title

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

God, that one is a fun read

It is and fnding out my goofball high school biology teacher knew Gergel IRL explained so, so much about my teen years

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Load bearing photons?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Munki posted:

Load bearing photons?

Works on Star Trek

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Break it and you'll have a path for conduit! :pseudo:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
It's a blacklight. They plug it in while pouring the concrete to help it cure faster, typically because they needed that part to bear load sooner than usual as part of the construction process.

(:v:)

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Maigius posted:

I know this is ignoring the elephant in the room WRT to the rafters and weird toilet situation, but what is with the metal tub? The one good bit is the stained glass, and it's wasted as part of the bathroom.

There's a better shot of it on zillow and you can see it's a soaking tub

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
No, that's a trough for watering cows.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

StormDrain posted:

No, that's a trough for watering cows.

Its both!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

https://i.imgur.com/YDdQjIV.mp4

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I was on the verge of a panic attack watching that.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Bad Munki posted:

Load bearing photons?

Someone saw Star Trek and though Hard Light technology was really cool.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

The Dave posted:

I was on the verge of a panic attack watching that.

It's a wet saw, the blade will not cut flesh believe it or not. Still stupid to be cutting concrete without PPE and the safety pieces removed from the saw, however

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

No you drop a bobcat concrete saw on yourself I'm sure it won't cut your flesh at all will just tickle.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Lacerations and incisions are different things

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

A distinction with a difference

I saw how fast the metal blade was spinning. You're going to get hosed up and scars and poo poo.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

KoRMaK posted:

A distinction with a difference

I saw how fast the metal blade was spinning. You're going to get hosed up and scars and poo poo.

The blade won't cut it but the weight plus speed and those little groves for clearing poo poo away all look like it's a bad day for a foot or other body part that gets in the way.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

here's the real test

D-Link - wipe your rear end with it

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Great investment/residential/rental opportunity!! Centrally located, just minutes from hospital, close to downtown, freeway access, malls, theaters etc. Nice corner lot, with detached garage and a total of 2,531 Sq Ft with application of due diligence to confirm, 1,592 on main floor and attic plus an additional 939 in unfinished basement. This is a great opportunity for the savvy investor.<picture 4 starts the real show>
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/295-19th-St-SE-Salem-OR-97301/53033220_zpid/

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Okay I have to get to the bottom of this mystery.

E: rotated for your convenience:

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jul 10, 2020

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Great investment/residential/rental opportunity!! Centrally located, just minutes from hospital, close to downtown, freeway access, malls, theaters etc. Nice corner lot, with detached garage and a total of 2,531 Sq Ft with application of due diligence to confirm, 1,592 on main floor and attic plus an additional 939 in unfinished basement. This is a great opportunity for the savvy investor.<picture 4 starts the real show>
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/295-19th-St-SE-Salem-OR-97301/53033220_zpid/

Was this being used as a haunted house or escape room? The messages on the walls look like what I have seen in those places before.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

By popular demand posted:

Okay I have to get to the bottom of this mystery.

Is that the door to the stairs? I think that might be Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff's house.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
It always confuses me why a bucket of Kilz isnt spread over words like that before photography. In this case you could spread it by splatter.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

StormDrain posted:

It always confuses me why a bucket of Kilz isnt spread over words like that before photography. In this case you could spread it by splatter.

Are you kidding? That listing's gotten over 117,000 views in a week on Zillow alone. It's fantastic advertising.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
So who wants to chip in a few bucks for the murderhouse with me? Can't possibly be the worst goon project ever.

Right?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm in

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

You have my :10bux:. It's a far cry from goon aircraft carrier, but perhaps a thousand goons collectively owning 2500 sq ft will result in its own hilarity.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

corgski posted:

You have my :10bux:. It's a far cry from goon aircraft carrier, but perhaps a thousand goons collectively owning 2500 sq ft will result in its own hilarity.

it'll have to be what, a tenancy-in-common? or we form an LLC and purchase it that way?

poo poo, maybe once Jeffrey has the LLC set up to take over SA's assets, we can transfer the title into the new LLC, and this could be officially a goonhaus

e. the interior paint post-dates the papering up of the windows:

The price history:

So this place probably got broken into some time after december, vandalized, and now they're dropping the price because it still hasn't sold.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 11, 2020

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

poo poo, maybe once Jeffrey has the LLC set up to take over SA's assets, we can transfer the title into the new LLC, and this could be officially a goonhaus

Make the mods live there and produce a reality tv show a la the real world, what could go wrong? It'll be a fantastic new way to monetize the forums!

corgski fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jul 11, 2020

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

it'll have to be what, a tenancy-in-common? or we form an LLC and purchase it that way?

I'm in, but only if it's joint personal ownership with everyone who goes in having lifetime tenant status on the title.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Motronic posted:

I'm in, but only if it's joint personal ownership with everyone who goes in having lifetime tenant status on the title.

That sounds too simple, what about a tontine?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

crazypeltast52 posted:

That sounds too simple, what about a tontine?

Joint tenancy effectively is a tontine

quote:

Joint Tenancy: In a joint tenancy title, there are two or more owners who hold an undivided share in the property. Joint tenancy usually implies a right of survivorship. This means that if one joint owner dies, then the surviving owners retain their undivided share of the property. Some states require joint tenants to expressly state whether a right of survivorship exists

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012
I'm just excited to see how each goon personalizes their 2.5 square feet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Joint tenancy effectively is a tontine

Doh, I must have been thinking TIC.