Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I'm reading more Undead Unluck (after having originally just read the first chapter) and this is surprisingly pretty good? The whole situation after they join that organization is pretty unique and is good at leaving me curious about the setting.

:same:

I still find the art and characters to extremely off putting.

Oh man, Ayakashi triangle isn't trying to hide what it wants to be at all. Such a shame as I like the art style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like how there's that earlier scene where Fuuko draws the moon with some other lights near it so it "won't be lonely" and I was sort of confused and thinking "maybe it's cloudy?" but then it turns out that actually their universe literally didn't have anything other than the Earth/Sun/Moon until they failed those conditions and created the galaxy. It's neat how at first it just seems like some people have superpowers, but then it turns out that the actions of this organization affect the very nature of reality itself.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Started reading Nagatoro. The early stuff felt mean spirited enough that if I had picked it up on launch I'd have probably dropped it, but it starts getting pretty cute after a few chapters.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The Roboco gag with the neighborhood friends/bullies actually being benevolent is very funny

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

don't bother with ghost reaper girl, it's another series where 'main character is a pedophile' is just treated as a wacky character quirk

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

losing it at this goofy thing

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'll read more, the arts good.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sharkopath posted:

I'm game.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tunicate posted:

don't bother with ghost reaper girl, it's another series where 'main character is a pedophile' is just treated as a wacky character quirk

WHY IS THIS EVEN A THING

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Darth TNT posted:

Oh man, Ayakashi triangle isn't trying to hide what it wants to be at all. Such a shame as I like the art style.

Yeah, it really pointed its nose at the ground and hit the accelerator. Straight into the trash.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Me before page 28: well she's 28 and looks like a kid if she was a malnourished orphan for most of her life I guess that makes sense?? it's a little iffy but not too bad

Me after page 28: okay gently caress this actually

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is there a reason that Ghost Reaper Girl is Left-to-right instead of Right-to-left like most manga?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

RatHat posted:

Is there a reason that Ghost Reaper Girl is Left-to-right instead of Right-to-left like most manga?
The author, who made Rosario Vampire, thought it was still 2005 and decided to adapt it for western audiences by having it read left to right.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Grouchio posted:

The author, who made Rosario Vampire, thought it was still 2005 and decided to adapt it for western audiences by having it read left to right.

This sounds like a joke, but apparently the author actually did request the official localization to be left to right.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Remember that one manga series that translated "lolicon" as "pedophile" and all the weirdos lost their minds over it

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

I just read it as well. It swerves between, wow this is neat! and wow, this is creepy!

But I'm digging the art, especially the cartoonish scythe face and it's contrast with the rest. And it's not a gag manga for a change, so I'm going to stick around for this for a while.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
ChainsawMan went from light fun horror to holy poo poo no in 3 chapters.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Been jumping in to a few of the new series. Started Bone Collection and only made it to chapter 5, that series is some HOT GARBAGE. Then I jumped to Undead Unluck, which started off in an eerily similar way, with the main character gaining power from touching the main heroine, but it actually had some teeth to it, and wow has it been delivering with each chapter. Seriously, Bone Collection is just shamelessly dumb and gross about its premise, but Undead Unluck actually owns up to it and everything else about the plot is insanely interesting.

Ytlaya posted:

I like how there's that earlier scene where Fuuko draws the moon with some other lights near it so it "won't be lonely" and I was sort of confused and thinking "maybe it's cloudy?" but then it turns out that actually their universe literally didn't have anything other than the Earth/Sun/Moon until they failed those conditions and created the galaxy. It's neat how at first it just seems like some people have superpowers, but then it turns out that the actions of this organization affect the very nature of reality itself.

Echoing this, I think this revelation has me 100% sold on UU

Dolphin cop is weird and I'm not sure if there's anything there other than Hard Boiled Copaganda Gags. ACAB

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jul 15, 2020

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
drat Haikyuu!! is pretty good, huh. I can see why it’s so popular, it’s very exciting.

The anime is supposed to be excellent too, right?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Sindai posted:

Granted attempted homicide was an overreaction but Shy should still apologize for calling him girly.

I think everyone needs to apologize to everyone with regards to judging books by their covers.

Ah well, let's let these two punch each other until they realize they both can get what they want. I mean, not the dragon guy, he also wants to destroy the world along with covering it with plushies and I can only get behind one of those life goals.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CodfishCartographer posted:

Remember that one manga series that translated "lolicon" as "pedophile" and all the weirdos lost their minds over it

More series should do this.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

More All series should do this.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Haikyuu! finally came to an end today on chapter 402. Such a great series.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Juju:
Sukuna remains terrifying and the sassiest motherfucker.

Black clover:
Man its so slow
It soooo loving slow
Its really so loving slow
The anime would prbably be better paced come on.

Ayakashi:
Nope dropping this.
If wanted to see constant upskirts and groping id read h manga. And i dont want to read h manga.

Roboco:
Remains a pleasure to read. The girl turning into a kaiji character was great.

Agravity boys:
Has been losing its momentum sadly. Its hasnt been as funny lately.

Undead Unluck:
nice chapter to introduce tatiana
But andy being an indecent exposure and harassment elemental is getting old

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Undead Unluck:
nice chapter to introduce tatiana
But andy being an indecent exposure and harassment elemental is getting old

Twas a flashback before he got UMA Clothes.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
We Never Learn: congrats, Fumino! :toot:

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Mikl posted:

I'm extremely impressed how Nariyuki and Fumino got off the same train then he somehow obtained and set up a system of lightbulbs in a field (and power them in the middle of nowhere) and phone Fumino's dad to pass on a message to her, all in the time it took her to walk home.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Glad to see Okuyasu is getting work in Agravity Boys.

Ghostwriter: Y'know, one thing I actually like about Ghostwriter is I never know what any chapter will be like. There's definitely no "normal" chapter for the series. I'm not totally sure if that's necessarily a good thing, but it is kind of fun. Old man is definitely protagonist from the future though, guess he figured out time travel more directly.

Roboco continues to be the best comedy manga, goddamn. Every chapter is gold. Tendies! Madokaaaaa! Roboco's changing panties! Fukamoto references!

Mashle is fun, but is kinda losing me. The gags are fun, but it's kinda just turning into a generic fight manga. I wonder if it's trying to shift away from all the other gag manga running right now, but it's just gunna get lost in the other (better) action manga.

Bone Collection Wow poo poo got brutal fast, especially for a relatively light and goofy manga.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Y'know it's rare for a comic's final arc to be its best but the whole post-timeskip arc of Haikyuu was fantastic. Maybe just because i'm a sucker for dramatic callbacks, but regardless it was really good.

Although, it's a shame that with Haikyuu ending Jump is now without the best Shonen genre. Hopefully it's not too long till they find a new sports series.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

legitimately feeling sorry for Jogo right now

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

nrook posted:

drat Haikyuu!! is pretty good, huh. I can see why it’s so popular, it’s very exciting.

The anime is supposed to be excellent too, right?

I've only watched the anime but yes, it's extremely good.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Y'know it's rare for a comic's final arc to be its best but the whole post-timeskip arc of Haikyuu was fantastic. Maybe just because i'm a sucker for dramatic callbacks, but regardless it was really good.

Although, it's a shame that with Haikyuu ending Jump is now without the best Shonen genre. Hopefully it's not too long till they find a new sports series.

The final fully played out match was wonderful and it was amazing seeing Hinata's development from just relying on pure athleticism to having a complete skill set.

Hinata's interactions with Miya and Bokuto in the last arc were really wholesome too.

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 20, 2020

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Literally the first time Jump is without a sports series since the 1960s.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mikl posted:

I wonder how the whole "every one gets an ending" will play out. The entire point of the genre is there's always one girl who wins and people fight endlessly over who is best girl. Suddenly having all be possible and letting people pick will either became the new standard ending or no one ever tries it again.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pentyne posted:

I wonder how the whole "every one gets an ending" will play out. The entire point of the genre is there's always one girl who wins and people fight endlessly over who is best girl. Suddenly having all be possible and letting people pick will either became the new standard ending or no one ever tries it again.

Why would every girl getting a happy ending stop arguments over who's best girl?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

pentyne posted:

I'm reminded of Amagami, the anime, which aired in 2010. It was adapted from a visual novel, which of course has several possible ending, and they solved the "which girl wins?" problem by giving each girl her own four-episode arc.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Why would every girl getting a happy ending stop arguments over who's best girl?

In the case of Amagami, it did not. There were lots and lots of arguments about which girl is the best, but they were all useless because clearly the best girl was Tsukasa.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mikl posted:

In the case of Amagami, it did not. There were lots and lots of arguments about which girl is the best, but they were all useless because clearly the best girl was Tsukasa.

Hell, Rem got her own spinoff ending in Re:Zero but that hasn't stopped the arguments even though honestly the result is a tie between her and Emilia.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
heck yeah, someone's picked up the raidou kuzunoha manga again. it has nice art, and handles the fun characters and stylish aesthetic way better than the frankly mediocre action rpgs do.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Ayakakshi I want to drop this so badly, but I can't yet, but I agree strongly with Rigged Death Trap. I just like his art style, action tends to look sharp and clean. Designs are neat. :( But the groping and panty shots and..urghh A part of me keeps hoping this is going somewhere, but my mind is yelling "this thing isn't going anywhere!" Someone save me. :(

Roboco is hilarious. The mangaka clearly read all the old stuff and is just throwing poo poo in. Saiyan landing!

Agravity Boys: These chapters feel like a waste of time, but the mangaka has surprised me before by suddenly tying stuff back in via some amazing insanity. So I hold out hope, but I don't find the broccoli up but to be funny. I did chuckle a bit at the straight laced insanity of named broccoli attacks though.

Undead Unluck successfully reminds me why I originally dropped it. I hate Andy. I can't stand his stupid smug face and indecent crap.

Magu: It's cute and all, but I don't think it's for me.

Moriking: Still enjoying it, but I don't see this having a long life. How many chapters where the sisters goes "What's he doing! Oh wait he's a good guy" can you actually have before it loses it's charm.

Bone Collection: So oddly, this chapter feels like it just shifted into high gear. There was also a lot of narration. I wonder if Bone Collection is on the chopping block. I like it, but I can't understand a moment of what's happening. It's ugly and doesn't seem to want to decide or how to balance if it's funny or serious.

Mashle: wasn't funny, but I'm okay with that. Just look at this list above, there's 4 and a half joke manga already in there. Mashle going more serious for a bit is fine with me. Besides, I like Lance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Uncle Khasim posted:

legitimately feeling sorry for Jogo right now

Jogo made his grave, now he can lie in it. Sukuna telling everyone to just stand there while Jogo prepares his meteor drop is chilling. Nobody fucks with Sukuna and the fact that he's been holding back this entire series is scary.