Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Copy/pasted from the thread in Games because I really don't know what else to say about it.

I just finished it (edit: Ghost of Tsushima). It's a great game but I think I'm ready to put it in the rear view and never look back. It has hosed with my mood in pretty bad ways.

a force of pure destruction desecrating everything around you for their own perverse gain. An intact power structure more concerned with maintaining decorum and their own authority than addressing the problems of the nation. Being punished for doing what they would not and could not. The authority justifying their selfishness by pointing to a singular imperfection.

I wanted to try to go for platinum. I just can't handle anymore. I need a palette cleanser

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jul 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
What game is that

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Oh sorry. Ghost of Tsushima.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Some of those recent Transformers comics are actually very good

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

for a child to read

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Broke: ghost of Tsushima
Woke: life of Mishima (in 4 chapters, a film by Paul Schrader)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Paper Lion posted:

for a child to read

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

just one thing about Ghosts of Tsushima, i don't think if they made it clear enough in the game itself, is it true that Samurai, they were very honorable, but the Mongol invaders were not honorable?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I Before E posted:

Broke: ghost of Tsushima
Woke: life of Mishima (in 4 chapters, a film by Paul Schrader)

it's really good. i rewatched chinatown today, which is on the shortlist for best movies ever to me. sucks about polanski huh? lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like both of those movies a lot

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
she's my robot and my car

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

this video to me is like the classic "Adam cole is short" video for others. I love to post it, see it, listen to philip glass, listen to leonard nimoy, laugh, move on with my day or night. "Any excuse to post"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RfQjFkGsEE

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/Sherndon226/status/1288835751157825537?s=19

https://twitter.com/Sherndon226/status/1288851045553242115?s=19

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is there a word for a still image with audio, besides calling it a video. i know that it's a video if it's a video but it would still be useful for describing purposes

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

is there a word for a still image with audio, besides calling it a video. i know that it's a video if it's a video but it would still be useful for describing purposes

A ytmnd

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you shouldn't have been on that web site at such a young age

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

You’re the dog now man

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

this video to me is like the classic "Adam cole is short" video for others. I love to post it, see it, listen to philip glass, listen to leonard nimoy, laugh, move on with my day or night. "Any excuse to post"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RfQjFkGsEE

lmao thank you so much for posting this, i had forgotten about it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/R-YX1WyP8JY

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbaTur4A1OU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in 2002 or 2003 i made a ytmnd of a guy standing in front of his car with the hood up and the audio was trent reznor singing "i won't let you fall apart" repeated. i think i deleted it after

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Seth Rollins posted:

if a transformer dies in battle, is it a big deal to replace them. are there transformers that are just farmers or whatever. what is the economy of the transformers planet like

It’s super hard to kill them first of all. They can rebuild and they’ve got like, idk, living metal healing factors so they’re all immortal and in the latest completed comic series, after living through millions of years of war like every character you know has super PTSD.

Idk if there are Transformer farmers. There are some miners, bar-owners, swindlers, policemen, watchmakers, politicians, spies, doctors, and racers. That’s about all the actual professions I can think of. In a lot of renditions, Megatron is a miner turned slave gladiator turned revolution leader. He sometimes is a poet.

The economy is idk what it is. It’s probably based on energon and...chips? Like little energy chips. Most of Transformers fiction has like this dynamic: “We used to be fascist and everyone agreed it was bad! We killed the fascists! Now there’s a side that wants to be a little more fascist to make sure no one is ever fascist again, and there’s us, the good guys, who are just not into that and what else we want nobody loving knows! Till all are one!”

Your questions are probably jokes but I’m game.

There are two recent runs that are regarded as very good; both of them change their name for some loving reason, idgi.

Robots in Disguise ->Optimus Prime had some good highs but for me was kind of mediocre overall imho and relied a lot more on cheap tricks than people accuse Roberts (the MTMTE author) of, probably because Roberts did a better job of writing characters people enjoyed.

More Than Meets The Eye -> The Lost Light was super good, then middling for maybe 2.5 trades in the middle, then ended really well imo. Does the single best job of enhancing the lore and delving into how hosed up it is to be a millions year old space warrior.

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jul 31, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

writing about the memorable things in your life can be cathartic

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i would simply shoot a transformer with a gun

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Seams posted:

i would simply shoot a transformer with a gun

shoot them with a space gun in their alien face and you’re probably okay

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Captain Magic posted:

Your questions are probably jokes but I’m game.

ive never really been into the transformers but i was always curious about how their robotic society functions and how they reproduce and what they do when there isn't a war happening. i've only seen the transformers cartoon movie from the 80s, and the Bumblebee movie. i saw a lot of transformers die in those films.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Why only vehicles why can’t an Oven transform into a guy also, or a rollercoaster

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
in the Bumblebee movie, the two antagonist transformers are never referred to by name as far as i could tell. and they could turn into cars and also airplanes, which i think should not be allowed, unless the toy can also turn into three things.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i thought transformers could be anything metal. one of them was a gun when i was a child and before then. little children would carry around a shiny metal looking gun outside. and that was fine because there were cap guns that were even more fake but real

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Eat My Fuc posted:

Why only vehicles why can’t an Oven transform into a guy also, or a rollercoaster
They can in larger canons.

There's a plot point about how USB drives are considered an inferior people in the one comic.

And how they start ethnic cleansing space ships because they don't want people thinking about going to space.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Soundwave would turn into a lil cassette player. One of them turned into a big gun. There's a transformer in the first movie that is an Xbox

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Seth Rollins posted:

ive never really been into the transformers but i was always curious about how their robotic society functions and how they reproduce and what they do when there isn't a war happening. i've only seen the transformers cartoon movie from the 80s, and the Bumblebee movie. i saw a lot of transformers die in those films.

It’s a great question that isn’t suuuuper examined for two reasons I think:

1.) comic and lore and shows exists to sell toys
2.) the endless conflict only ever brings out their culture in terms of that conflict, and the conflict will always be there because point 1

They’re basically their own little warhammer 40k only war universe, so everything gets pumped into that across all the different variations.

The most recent runs talk about the hierarchy of forms! Megatron had the form of a mining drill when he was forged so he was automatically lower class, while Optimus Prime was a truck so he was middle class (idfk why trucks are better). Flash drives and poo poo were like, barely living slaves. This caste system was a big reason for the revolution, which Optimus and Megatron initially were on the same side of.

But if you want a real life answer about why no things other than vehicles it’s because point #1

Seth Rollins posted:

in the Bumblebee movie, the two antagonist transformers are never referred to by name as far as i could tell. and they could turn into cars and also airplanes, which i think should not be allowed, unless the toy can also turn into three things.

Those toys didn’t; they instead had two toy versions for either mode. But some do. You might see Astrotrain (Space Bus) on the shelves at Target or wherever. He’s a train and a rocket ship.

Those dudes were Shatter and Dropkick.

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jul 31, 2020

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Seth Rollins posted:

Triple-changers existed all the way back in the 80s. https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Triple_Changer

The first two were Blitzwing, a tank/plane/robot and the other was Astrotrain, a space shuttle/locomotive/robot.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Donkey Kong lore.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think Mario and Donkey Kong obviously exist on the same universe, but in different parts of their world. I used to think Zelda also was on this planet when I was 10 but I don't believe that anymore. Kirby is it's own world, animal crossing is it's own world, Metroid and F-Zero are in the same universe because Samus and Captain Falcon are dating. Banjo Kazooie used to be in the Mario/DK world before the Rare/Microsoft merger, in my opinion. Pac Man is a wildcard, up for debate.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

NienNunb posted:

Donkey Kong lore.
I'd post the Dunkey video but I feel like he's probably done something horrible and I just haven't seen

Though I think he had like 17 gamer moments or something in a row??

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The transformers in Beast Wars (the best Transformers media) could turn into wasps, dinosaurs, apes, spiders and even hybrid between tigers and hawks.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
who were the transformers in Beast Wars hiding from

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Seth Rollins posted:

who were the transformers in Beast Wars hiding from

Energon exposure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I can't believe they've taken the car men this far where there's class dynamics between them and the usb men. we live in an infinitely spiraling multiverse. spiraling downward only.